ImageImageImage

OFFICIAL Timberwolves Mini-Camp Bubble Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,652

Re: OFFICIAL Timberwolves Mini-Camp Bubble Thread 

Post#121 » by KGdaBom » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:59 pm

7weeks of agony waiting for the draft starting today. We can all argue about the greatness of LaMelo Ball or how much he sucks until we're blue or red in the face.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,576

Post#122 » by Klomp » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:24 pm

minimus wrote:https://theathletic.com/2104970/2020/10/01/timberwolves-gersson-rosas-ryan-saunders-believer-program/?source=emp_shared_article

I guess I need The Athletic subscription

To this point, Rosas has been evaluating Saunders on the more intangible qualities of leadership, character and flexibility. That won’t sell season tickets. But Rosas takes the wide-angle lens, a perspective that their first season involved so many changes and so much uncertainty that it would be unfair to use wins and losses as the litmus test. And he knows it isn’t easy for a coach to stay pragmatic and patient when the losses are adding up on his record and keep the bigger picture of the future in mind in a job that often hinges on the smaller picture of the present. There were going to be lumps taken regardless, in Rosas’s eyes, and those lumps bore fruit when the Wolves won the draft lottery.

“When you have a big-picture perspective and you understand that you’re trying to reset a program, you have to have that perspective in place. I’ve talked about it and I’m fortunate I have a head coach that values the same thing,” Rosas said. “We don’t want sacrifices for the sake of incremental wins. That does nothing for us in the long term. That doesn’t build that foundation and the future that we want to build. It’s rare. Coach gets that, he understands that. We’ve been in lockstep in that plan, and we’ve got a lot more to do, but because of the work that was done last year, because of the work that’s been done this offseason, we’re going to be better off in the future.”

There will come a time, likely sooner than later, when Saunders is evaluated on win percentage. Whenever training camp begins for next season, the Wolves will either have the No. 1 overall pick or a quality veteran acquired in a trade involving that shiny asset, a free agent or two that better fit what they want to do on offense and defense, and the continuity that comes with a second year together. For the first time in Saunders’ very young head coaching career, there will be some stability and a roster that better fits what he wants to do. That is when the stakes start to rise, when Saunders will have to use the considerable equity he has amassed with the players to elicit the effort and execution he needs and when the Wolves will have to start showing that the right steps are being taken to climb that steep conference ladder.

Until that time, Saunders has done everything that Rosas has asked of him. He has earned the respect of the front office and his players. So they march forward — together.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 834

Post#123 » by UnFadeable21 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 10:55 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#124 » by KGdaBom » Thu Oct 1, 2020 11:14 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Thanks for the link. I want to see one about an hour longer showing all plays good and not so good.
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 834

Post#125 » by UnFadeable21 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 12:27 am

KGdaBom wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Thanks for the link. I want to see one about an hour longer showing all plays good and not so good.

Same, at least 5 mins
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#126 » by moonpie » Fri Oct 2, 2020 12:34 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
moonpie
General Manager

Post#127 » by moonpie » Fri Oct 2, 2020 5:41 am

Read on Twitter
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,865

Post#128 » by Nick K » Fri Oct 2, 2020 11:24 am

moonpie wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

That was really kinda nice. They can't sing worth a bleep though. :D
Midw35t
Senior
And1: 564

Post#129 » by Midw35t » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:21 pm

Foye wrote:
Jedzz wrote:Well then, it's time to send Towns/Dlo/Okogie to Suns, Culver to Cleveland, Jmac to Knicks.

MN gets Oubre/Rubio plus #10 (az), future AZ firsts, #5(Clev), #8 (ny)
Knicks get Ayton/Jmac plus pick #2(gsw). Giving up Robinson, and picks 8,27 and 38
GSW gets Mitchell Robinson/Love and #27(ny). Giving up pick 2 and Wiggins
Cleveland gets Culver/Wiggins+#38(ny)+future Mn 2rp. Giving up pick 5 and Love
Suns get Towns/Dlo/Okogie+33(mn). Giving up #10, Oubre, Rubio, Ayton, future frps

Mn picks at #1, #5, #8, #10, #17 this year to start fresh.

That leaves the team small predraft with:
Rubio
Beasley/(Nowell/Martin)
Oubre/Layman
Juancho/Vanderbuilt
Reid, JJ

How would you rebuild the team with 5 picks this yr.

5 picks in a crap draft who might all be worse than Okogie except for the #1. Doesn't sound like a good idea.

I'm not sure why we would have to give up more than Dlo and KAT for that haul.

Personally, I wouldn't trade DLo if KAT wants out. Though I doubt the truth to this.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,678

Post#130 » by minimus » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:22 pm

Read on Twitter
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#131 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 2, 2020 3:45 pm

Nick K wrote:
moonpie wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

That was really kinda nice. They can't sing worth a bleep though. :D

That singing is about as bad as it gets. :lol:
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#132 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 2, 2020 3:46 pm

Is KAT going to show up for this camp at all or is he above that now.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,674

Post#133 » by Domejandro » Fri Oct 2, 2020 3:50 pm

KGdaBom wrote:Is KAT going to show up for this camp at all or is he above that now.

Since he went out for his girlfriend’s birthday, he has to stay locked up for at least two weeks. Depending on how long the camp is, there might not be a point.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#134 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 2, 2020 4:01 pm

Domejandro wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Is KAT going to show up for this camp at all or is he above that now.

Since he went out for his girlfriend’s birthday, he has to stay locked up for at least two weeks. Depending on how long the camp is, there might not be a point.

Priorities. I'm not saying what's right or wrong, but I bet Michael Jordan never put his GFs birthday above his profession.
minimus
RealGM

Post#135 » by minimus » Fri Oct 2, 2020 6:07 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Domejandro wrote:

Priorities. I'm not saying what's right or wrong, but I bet Michael Jordan never put his GFs birthday above his profession.

There are many reports about NBA stars including MJ that they don't even touch the ball in offseason. Right now it is basically SL games for us. Remember, it is a marathon, not a sprint.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#136 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 2, 2020 6:17 pm

minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Domejandro wrote:Since he went out for his girlfriend’s birthday, he has to stay locked up for at least two weeks. Depending on how long the camp is, there might not be a point.

There are many reports about NBA stars including MJ that they don't even touch the ball in offseason. Right now it is basically SL games for us. Remember, it is a marathon, not a sprint.

I'd still like to see the unity regardless of marathon or sprint.
minimus
RealGM

Post#137 » by minimus » Fri Oct 2, 2020 6:29 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Priorities. I'm not saying what's right or wrong, but I bet Michael Jordan never put his GFs birthday above his profession.

In some sense, it makes sense. I also would love to see KAT and DLo leading the unit. However, there multiple reason why I am okay with current situation

1) from the very beginning it has been voluntary camp
2) young players such as Vanderbilt, Reid, Martin, JMac need this opportunity more than KAT, DLo
3) Beasley and Juancho are not here as well
4) I expect us to make major roster changes before season starts: draft, trade, FA
5) I would be very cautious about injuries/covid at this moment
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#138 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 2, 2020 6:59 pm

minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
minimus wrote:

In some sense, it makes sense. I also would love to see KAT and DLo leading the unit. However, there multiple reason why I am okay with current situation

1) from the very beginning it has been voluntary camp
2) young players such as Vanderbilt, Reid, Martin, JMac need this opportunity more than KAT, DLo
3) Beasley and Juancho are not here as well
4) I expect us to make major roster changes before season starts: draft, trade, FA
5) I would be very cautious about injuries/covid at this moment

Kat is being exposed to a plethora of diseases right now hanging out with the Kardashians :o :lol: :lol:
moonpie
General Manager

Post#139 » by moonpie » Fri Oct 2, 2020 11:42 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,573

Post#140 » by Shaka_Zulu » Sat Oct 3, 2020 12:10 am

Thanks for posting all these clips, it's very much appreciated. Its been so damn long since I last saw any of them.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves