ImageImageImage

Aaron Gordon to the Timberpups?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Would you trade the #17 pick for Aaron Gordon?

Yes, trade makes sense for both teams
66%
No, just draft another rookie instead
34%

Total votes: 41

TheDominator273
Sixth Man
And1: 1,079

Re: Aaron Gordon to the Timberpups? 

Post#221 » by TheDominator273 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:39 pm

I wouldn't trade Culver for Gordon straight up so definitely not throwing him into a deal with 17 and Johnson
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,849

Post#222 » by KGdaBom » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:51 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:
Dewey wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
I think he’s gonna be average, maybe above average.

That 50% free throw from a guard is horrible. If we draft Lamelo Ball or Edwards, I’m okay moving Culver because that number 1 pick is going to start next to DLo.

I see Culver as a terrific 6th man Up the road. Add and keep 10-20 lbs and makes 75% ft’s and go from there

6th man has to be able to score and carry the second units offense. Culver has shown zero sign he can do that. He averaged 9pts his rookie season which was a bust like rookie year for a top 6 pick.

To me, Culver and Okogie are very similar. Above average defenders but poor shooters. Keep one and move the other because they can’t play together because of the lack of shooting.

He was a 70%+ FT shooter in college. He got the Yips his rookie year. He will get over that and prove it was an aberration. If you don't see Culver becoming the player he showed in college you just have zero vision. He is going to be very good.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#223 » by Dewey » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:31 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:
Dewey wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
I think he’s gonna be average, maybe above average.

That 50% free throw from a guard is horrible. If we draft Lamelo Ball or Edwards, I’m okay moving Culver because that number 1 pick is going to start next to DLo.

I see Culver as a terrific 6th man Up the road. Add and keep 10-20 lbs and makes 75% ft’s and go from there

6th man has to be able to score and carry the second units offense. Culver has shown zero sign he can do that. He averaged 9pts his rookie season which was a bust like rookie year for a top 6 pick.

To me, Culver and Okogie are very similar. Above average defenders but poor shooters. Keep one and move the other because they can’t play together because of the lack of shooting.

Scoring is a part of it, but versatility and ability to defend are as well. If you want to suggest it’s purely on scoring that’s your call.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#224 » by UnFadeable21 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:38 am

Dewey wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
Dewey wrote:I see Culver as a terrific 6th man Up the road. Add and keep 10-20 lbs and makes 75% ft’s and go from there

Scoring is a part of it, but versatility and ability to defend are as well. If you want to suggest it’s purely on scoring that’s your call.

A 6th man to me a guy who is a walking bucket like Jamal Crawford and Lou Williams. High volume chucker/shooter who can score and carry the entire second unit.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,200

Post#225 » by Neeva » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:44 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:
Dewey wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:

A 6th man to me a guy who is a walking bucket like Jamal Crawford and Lou Williams. High volume chucker/shooter who can score and carry the entire second unit.

Wolves got Beasley for that.
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#226 » by UnFadeable21 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:06 am

Neeva wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
Dewey wrote:Scoring is a part of it, but versatility and ability to defend are as well. If you want to suggest it’s purely on scoring that’s your call.

Wolves got Beasley for that.

Yup that’s why I always said I prefer Beasley to be a 6th man for us since he’s undersized, high volume shooter and poor defender.
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,977

Post#227 » by PerkinsFor3 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:46 am

I'm too eager to see what Vanderbilt can do.
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,997

Post#228 » by wolves_89 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:30 pm

PerkinsFor3 wrote:I'm too eager to see what Vanderbilt can do.

I do wonder if Vanderbilt could basically provide a lot of what Gordon would bring. Physically the size, length, and athleticism seem similar and Vanderbilt looks like he's added a fair amount of muscle mass over the break which could close the strength gap. Both should be solid on defense though Vanderbilt seems like a much better rebounder. On offense neither are great shooters, though both look like they could provide some secondary playmaking ability. Overall I could see Vanderbilt quickly developing into a player surprisingly comparable to Gordon if he gets minutes.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,724

Post#229 » by minimus » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:50 am

wolves_89 wrote:
PerkinsFor3 wrote:I'm too eager to see what Vanderbilt can do.

I do wonder if Vanderbilt could basically provide a lot of what Gordon would bring. Physically the size, length, and athleticism seem similar and Vanderbilt looks like he's added a fair amount of muscle mass over the break which could close the strength gap. Both should be solid on defense though Vanderbilt seems like a much better rebounder. On offense neither are great shooters, though both look like they could provide some secondary playmaking ability. Overall I could see Vanderbilt quickly developing into a player surprisingly comparable to Gordon if he gets minutes.

It is an interesting comparison. However, from what I saw Vando is more a bigman who used to live in the paint, but now is trying to convert into a wing. While Gordon always tried to play like a wing, but he is better suited to play a PF. Athletically Gordon is superior to Vando, he is very quick, strong, coordinated. Also Vando clearly lacked core strength and lower body strength. He had interview with Wolfson and he mentioned that he didn't get much weight during off-season, tried to be in a good shape instead.

I think the biggest advantage of Vando over Gordon might his non-stop motor, willingness to battle in every possession, do all little things for others in order to win. Imagine, Okogie in PF body. If he combines this mentality with better basketball awareness and some corner 3s then he is an ideal fit. I truly believe that IF we find a starting-caliber wing at SF, who can shoot 3s and defend, we can plug Vando in rotation as backup PF. The absolute dream scenario is KAT-Vando-PG13-Okogie-DLo
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,388

Post#230 » by younggunsmn » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:57 am

Gordon doesn't move the needle for me, he's overpaid for being not great at anything but dunking.
There are too many guys I like at 17 to consider moving it for him.
Is he really even that much of an upgrade over James Johnson in all honesty?

Jalen Smith, Maledon, Nnaji, pokusevski, to name a few.
We hit on that pick it will be much more valuable than 2 years of aaron gordon at 18 and 16 per.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,264

Post#231 » by Baseline81 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:58 pm

Read on Twitter
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#232 » by Neeva » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:02 pm

The magic are delusional, Roco way better player on better contract lol
i know they spent a top 5 draft pick on Gordon but time to face reality.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,963

Post#233 » by Klomp » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:10 pm

Neeva wrote:The magic are delusional, Roco way better player on better contract lol

The trade was never Gordon for Covington.

Orlando said no to Portland offer for Gordon, so Portland moved on to trade for Covington.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#234 » by Neeva » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:12 pm

Klomp wrote:
Neeva wrote:The magic are delusional, Roco way better player on better contract lol

Orlando said no to Portland offer for Gordon, so Portland moved on to trade for Covington.

Right and Orlando needs to realize in no world is Gordon worth more than Roco.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#235 » by SO_MONEY » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:25 pm

Neeva wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Right and Orlando needs to realize in no world is Gordon worth more than Roco.

Too late now, they are not going to take a worse offer now and admit a mistake...you wouldn't think anyways.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves