ImageImageImage

Malik Beasley Arrested (Marijuana Possession + Stolen Property)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

RiRuHoops
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,812

Re: Malik Beasley Arrested (Marijuana Possession + Stolen Property) 

Post#301 » by RiRuHoops » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:18 am

Will Larsa visit him in prison ?
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#302 » by Jedzz » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:18 am

mercgold3 wrote:Another Timberwolves thing to do. Let's overapaid a player that pleads guilty and better yet, let's starting him. JUST GREAT
About the overpaid part... He can definitely one day be worthy of the contract he got or not. But the fact is that when he got the contract (1 month ago or so) he was OVERPAID.

Will you give the overpaid thing a rest. It's been shown over and over now how he's the cheapest FA shooter signed this year. Enough already. If you want to keep complaining, then say you think he's overpaid. The word WAS doesn't fit here. The word IS won't work here. IN YOUR OPINION might fit here. Especially if you are going to caps something.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#303 » by Merc_Porto » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:33 am

Jedzz wrote:[quote="mercgold3"]
Will you give the overpaid thing a rest. It's been shown over and over now how he's the cheapest FA shooter signed this year. Enough already. If you want to keep complaining, then say you think he's overpaid. The word WAS doesn't fit here. The word IS won't work here. IN YOUR OPINION might fit here. Especially if you are going to caps something.

My nick there, my opinion.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#304 » by Jedzz » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:10 am

mercgold3 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:[quote="mercgold3"]

My nick there, my opinion.

Understood.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#305 » by Dewey » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:28 am

While trying to groom a #1 pick, the effects of some other moves (RHJ and Beasley) don’t add up.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
zDank
Sophomore
And1: 43

Post#306 » by zDank » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:03 am

Dewey wrote:While trying to groom a #1 pick, the effects of some other moves (RHJ and Beasley) don’t add up.

I think they both make sense for Ant’s success actually. For him to be his best he needs to be surrounded by shooters to space the floor and open the lane for him to get to the hoop, Beasley adds a lot of spacing and RHJ adds virtually none. Plus with Edwards size and the ever growing popularity of 3 and 4 guard lineups around the league the position over lap really isn’t an issue.
Dewey
Lead Assistant

Post#307 » by Dewey » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:05 am

zDank wrote:
Dewey wrote:While trying to groom a #1 pick, the effects of some other moves (RHJ and Beasley) don’t add up.

I think they both make sense for Ant’s success actually. For him to be his best he needs to be surrounded by shooters to space the floor and open the lane for him to get to the hoop, Beasley adds a lot of spacing and RHJ adds virtually none. Plus with Edwards size and the ever growing popularity of 3 and 4 guard lineups around the league the position over lap really isn’t an issue.

You missed the point completely ... I’m talking character ... you’re talking basketball. RHJ is a relentless hard working Player that is released while Beasley does the crime, admits it, gets paid, then starts. It don’t get anymore f’d up than this for a young 19 year old rookie learning right and wrong.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,200

Post#308 » by Neeva » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:27 am

Which games is he going to sit out?
zDank
Sophomore
And1: 43

Post#309 » by zDank » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:07 pm

Dewey wrote:
zDank wrote:

You missed the point completely ... I’m talking character ... you’re talking basketball. RHJ is a relentless hard working Player that is released while Beasley does the crime, admits it, gets paid, then starts. It don’t get anymore f’d up than this for a young 19 year old rookie learning right and wrong.

Sorry it was a pretty easy point to miss in that sentence, thanks for elaborating. On the bright side maybe he can learn the cold hard truth about this business early... If you wanna get paid you gotta be able to shoot 3s :lol:
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,764

Post#310 » by Slim Tubby » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:44 am

Crickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#311 » by King Malta » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:48 am

I just hope that people now give Beasley an opportunity to make up for his mistake and improve as a person.

People make mistakes, some worse/more severe than others. Like everyone else he deserves a chance to make good though.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,845

Post#312 » by KGdaBom » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:14 pm

King Malta wrote:I just hope that people now give Beasley an opportunity to make up for his mistake and improve as a person.

People make mistakes, some worse/more severe than others. Like everyone else he deserves a chance to make good though.

He may have felt like a tough guy pointing a gun at that family, but he needs to get that they were fearing for their very lives as he was doing it. Get a clue.
That said I'm all for giving him another chance. People do $hit like that without understanding the impact on who they're doing it to. As long as he now GETS IT and changes his ways.
Dewey
Lead Assistant

Post#313 » by Dewey » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:25 pm

King Malta wrote:I just hope that people now give Beasley an opportunity to make up for his mistake and improve as a person.

People can give him a pass if they want ... I have no issue. But, he certainly does not “deserve” a pass.
People do make mistakes, but I don’t sweep felonies under the rug like it’s “just a mistake” ... it’s more than that. As an owner/GM I woulda cut him some slack and suspended him, but never woulda paid him ... oh well, not my money.
NebWolvesFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#314 » by NebWolvesFan » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:33 pm

Dewey wrote:

People can give him a pass if they want ... I have no issue. But, he certainly does not “deserve” a pass.
People do make mistakes, but I don’t sweep felonies under the rug like it’s “just a mistake” ... it’s more than that. As an owner/GM I woulda cut him some slack and suspended him, but never woulda paid him ... oh well, not my money.

It won't be a felony. In fact, in two years, it won't even be on his record. Prosecutors always overcharge to get a plea. Beasley won't do any jail time and if he gets his head on straight all the charges will be dropped. The state gave him a second chance and I hope Beasley takes advantage of it.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves