ImageImageImage

Karl Anthony Towns - #13 on GM Poll for Best Under 25

Moderators: Domejandro, Calinks, Worm Guts

UnFadeable21
Senior
Posts: 557
And1: 123
Joined: Mar 30, 2019

Karl Anthony Towns - #13 on GM Poll for Best Under 25 

Post#1 » by UnFadeable21 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:32 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Best Young Player to Build around aged 25 and Under

Top NBA Players to Build around Under 25 - Executives GM Poll:

1 Luka
2 Tatum
3 Booker
4 Morant
5 Mitchell
6 Bam
7 Zion
8 Simmons
9 Murray
10 Ingram
11 Fox
12 Jaylon Brown
13 KAT



Towns received one executive’s vote as his fifth choice to build a team around.

The former No. 1 overall pick had a 26.5 player efficiency rating, which ranked seventh overall. His true shooting percentage (.642), effective field goal percentage (.600), and defensive rebound percentage (26.1) all rank within the top 15 across the league.

However, it’s his perception defensively that almost kept him off this list entirely according to those polled.

“Towns I think is very good, but he’s sort of like Dirk Nowitzki where you need all these elite perimeter defenders to protect him,” the executive told HoopsHypoe. “He’s a complete offensive player. He can shoot, post up, pass, and finish. The question is, how bad is he defensively?”



UnFadeable21
Senior
Posts: 557
And1: 123
Joined: Mar 30, 2019

Re: Karl Anthony Towns - #13 on GM Poll for Best Under 25 

Post#2 » by UnFadeable21 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:35 am

Man Town’s respect level around the league has fallen way far from fans, to among players, to even executives now.

I would have Towns over a Fox, Ingram, and Brown but that’s just me. I hope this builds a fire in him and he wants to win and put in the work. Not be a Wiggins and just play basketball for the paycheck.
KGdaBom
RealGM
Posts: 10,748
And1: 2,202
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: Karl Anthony Towns - #13 on GM Poll for Best Under 25 

Post#3 » by KGdaBom » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:38 am

We already discussed this elsewhere. I don't think we need a separate thread for it.
UnFadeable21
Senior
Posts: 557
And1: 123
Joined: Mar 30, 2019

Re: Karl Anthony Towns - #13 on GM Poll for Best Under 25 

Post#4 » by UnFadeable21 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:14 am

KGdaBom wrote:We already discussed this elsewhere. I don't think we need a separate thread for it.


Apologies, I didn’t see it. A mod can merge or lock the thread.

Thanks
KGdaBom
RealGM
Posts: 10,748
And1: 2,202
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: Karl Anthony Towns - #13 on GM Poll for Best Under 25 

Post#5 » by KGdaBom » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:04 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:We already discussed this elsewhere. I don't think we need a separate thread for it.


Apologies, I didn’t see it. A mod can merge or lock the thread.

Thanks

It was actually the Jimmy Butler thread. Another thread was started polling who people would draft and we already had a poll on the Draft prospects thread. I feel we are getting too many threads. You didn't do anything wrong.
theGreatRC
RealGM
Posts: 17,372
And1: 3,899
Joined: Oct 12, 2006
Location: California
 

Re: Karl Anthony Towns - #13 on GM Poll for Best Under 25 

Post#6 » by theGreatRC » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:17 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Best Young Player to Build around aged 25 and Under

Top NBA Players to Build around Under 25 - Executives GM Poll:

1 Luka
2 Tatum
3 Booker
4 Morant
5 Mitchell
6 Bam
7 Zion
8 Simmons
9 Murray
10 Ingram
11 Fox
12 Jaylon Brown
13 KAT



Towns received one executive’s vote as his fifth choice to build a team around.

The former No. 1 overall pick had a 26.5 player efficiency rating, which ranked seventh overall. His true shooting percentage (.642), effective field goal percentage (.600), and defensive rebound percentage (26.1) all rank within the top 15 across the league.

However, it’s his perception defensively that almost kept him off this list entirely according to those polled.

“Towns I think is very good, but he’s sort of like Dirk Nowitzki where you need all these elite perimeter defenders to protect him,” the executive told HoopsHypoe. “He’s a complete offensive player. He can shoot, post up, pass, and finish. The question is, how bad is he defensively?”





I'd Take Luka and Bam over KAT and that's it...nobody else on that list even comes close. Ingram, Fox, Brown over KAT....wtf
2020 Wolves will make the playoffs
User avatar
southern wolf
General Manager
Posts: 9,841
And1: 2,159
Joined: Aug 02, 2008
Location: Australia
   

Re: Karl Anthony Towns - #13 on GM Poll for Best Under 25 

Post#7 » by southern wolf » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:48 am

theGreatRC wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Best Young Player to Build around aged 25 and Under

Top NBA Players to Build around Under 25 - Executives GM Poll:

1 Luka
2 Tatum
3 Booker
4 Morant
5 Mitchell
6 Bam
7 Zion
8 Simmons
9 Murray
10 Ingram
11 Fox
12 Jaylon Brown
13 KAT



Towns received one executive’s vote as his fifth choice to build a team around.

The former No. 1 overall pick had a 26.5 player efficiency rating, which ranked seventh overall. His true shooting percentage (.642), effective field goal percentage (.600), and defensive rebound percentage (26.1) all rank within the top 15 across the league.

However, it’s his perception defensively that almost kept him off this list entirely according to those polled.

“Towns I think is very good, but he’s sort of like Dirk Nowitzki where you need all these elite perimeter defenders to protect him,” the executive told HoopsHypoe. “He’s a complete offensive player. He can shoot, post up, pass, and finish. The question is, how bad is he defensively?”





I'd Take Luka and Bam over KAT and that's it...nobody else on that list even comes close. Ingram, Fox, Brown over KAT....wtf


Bam and KAT are the only true bigs on the list. Obviously GM's think small ball is the way of the future.
User avatar
Mattya
RealGM
Posts: 14,844
And1: 3,831
Joined: Aug 08, 2008
   

Re: Karl Anthony Towns - #13 on GM Poll for Best Under 25 

Post#8 » by Mattya » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:02 am

The chip on KAT’s shoulder will be massive. We are in for a special season from him. I can’t wait to watch him vs the Heat.
minimus
General Manager
Posts: 8,273
And1: 2,070
Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Location: Germany, Stuttgart area
 

Re: Karl Anthony Towns - #13 on GM Poll for Best Under 25 

Post#9 » by minimus » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:21 am

Mattya wrote:The chip on KAT’s shoulder will be massive. We are in for a special season from him. I can’t wait to watch him vs the Heat.


Interesting that our last game against MIA, DLo, and others showed extra motivation to beat Jimmy. I like the idea of KAT playing with a chip on his shoulder, but I love to see brotherhood and collective effort next season. I don't want much noise about "me". Get things done as a team.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 55,728
And1: 11,873
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Karl Anthony Towns - #13 on GM Poll for Best Under 25 

Post#10 » by Klomp » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:47 am

southern wolf wrote:Bam and KAT are the only true bigs on the list. Obviously GM's think small ball is the way of the future.

Yeah I don't think that point should be ignored. This list mostly shows the belief the game is changing to a guard's game.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
shrink
RealGM
Posts: 44,795
And1: 5,571
Joined: Sep 26, 2005

Re: Karl Anthony Towns - #13 on GM Poll for Best Under 25 

Post#11 » by shrink » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:37 pm

Mattya wrote:The chip on KAT’s shoulder will be massive. We are in for a special season from him. I can’t wait to watch him vs the Heat.

I hope so. The truly great players use things like this as fuel.

However, he has had other insults before, particularly not making All NBA in his contract year. He, and everyone, knows exactly what he has to do to be great - stay in his defensive schemes. And for whatever reason, he still doesn’t do that.

I’m with you - he needs to have a massive season where he improves his defense. If he still does the same things again this year, ignoring Vanterpoole, then I am going to stop being a believer that he ever will be the superstar he has in him,
shrink
RealGM
Posts: 44,795
And1: 5,571
Joined: Sep 26, 2005

Re: Karl Anthony Towns - #13 on GM Poll for Best Under 25 

Post#12 » by shrink » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:38 pm

I will add that Doogie’s podcast did not endear me more to Towns. If you didn’t hear it (maybe I am behind the news cycle), he said he was talking to a player agent, and without asking, the agent mentioned that his anonymous player believes Towns wants out. Doogie did not reveal the player or agent, and went on to say that he had nothing to gain from lying about it. He said it doesn’t mean a trade is imminent, obviously.

If true, this frustrates me. I held my nose when we brought in Russell. Rosas and Saunders have designed this team to maximize Towns after he complained he wasn’t getting enough play in the old offense. Doogie also mentioned that KAT has been given lots of control in all the decisions that are made for this team. But (if true), he still wants out, to go be the #1 guy on his new team?

For the first time since we’ve got him, I’m actually reading these KAT trade ideas.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,592
And1: 573
Joined: May 22, 2001

Re: Karl Anthony Towns - #13 on GM Poll for Best Under 25 

Post#13 » by Dewey » Thu Oct 1, 2020 12:12 am

shrink wrote:I will add that Doogie’s podcast did not endear me more to Towns. If you didn’t hear it (maybe I am behind the news cycle), he said he was talking to a player agent, and without asking, the agent mentioned that his player (?) heard Towns say he wanted out. Doogie did not reveal the player or agent, and went on to say that he had nothing to gain from lying about it. He said it doesn’t mean a trade is imminent, obviously.

If true, this frustrates me. I held my nose when we brought in Russell. Rosas and Saunders have designed this team to maximize Towns after he complained he wasn’t getting enough play in the old offense. Doogie also mentioned that KAT has been given lots of control in all the decisions that are made for this team. But (if true), he still wants out, to go be the #1 guy on his new team?

For the first time since we’ve got him, I’m actually reading these KAT trade ideas.

Starting to look like towns wants to ride someone else’s coattails ... I’m starting to believe he really is a mental midget
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Little Digger
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,527
And1: 2,086
Joined: Aug 01, 2010
Location: The Charcoal State
   

Re: Karl Anthony Towns - #13 on GM Poll for Best Under 25 

Post#14 » by Little Digger » Thu Oct 1, 2020 12:56 am

I’ll take Bam13 and Murray over everybody not named Luka..Murray was such a clutch freak of nature in the playoffs..Tatum is 4 on my list
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
old school 34
Junior
Posts: 272
And1: 116
Joined: Jun 14, 2018
         

Re: Karl Anthony Towns - #13 on GM Poll for Best Under 25 

Post#15 » by old school 34 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 1:59 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Best Young Player to Build around aged 25 and Under

Top NBA Players to Build around Under 25 - Executives GM Poll:

1 Luka
2 Tatum
3 Booker
4 Morant
5 Mitchell
6 Bam
7 Zion
8 Simmons
9 Murray
10 Ingram
11 Fox
12 Jaylon Brown
13 KAT



Towns received one executive’s vote as his fifth choice to build a team around.

The former No. 1 overall pick had a 26.5 player efficiency rating, which ranked seventh overall. His true shooting percentage (.642), effective field goal percentage (.600), and defensive rebound percentage (26.1) all rank within the top 15 across the league.

However, it’s his perception defensively that almost kept him off this list entirely according to those polled.

“Towns I think is very good, but he’s sort of like Dirk Nowitzki where you need all these elite perimeter defenders to protect him,” the executive told HoopsHypoe. “He’s a complete offensive player. He can shoot, post up, pass, and finish. The question is, how bad is he defensively?”



Idk....I may be one of the few, I guess, but I think they're pretty dead on...especially with the way the game is being played &/or headed. All of these guys show substantially more defensive chops @ their relative position or basketball IQ/coachability as a player than him.

The good news though is he's definitely young enough & capable of flipping the list ....Rosas has given him everything humanly possible to do that...rest has to be on him.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
_AIJ_
General Manager
Posts: 7,563
And1: 1,841
Joined: Oct 15, 2008
Location: 13 years...
     

Re: Karl Anthony Towns - #13 on GM Poll for Best Under 25 

Post#16 » by _AIJ_ » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:09 am

I hope the Lakers exposes Adebayo. Enough of that Bam>>>KAT bull


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TIMBERWOLVES FOR LIFE :cry:
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 41,231
And1: 9,079
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: Karl Anthony Towns - #13 on GM Poll for Best Under 25 

Post#17 » by Calinks » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:44 am

I guess in the sense that it's a guards game, I would take most of those other guys before KAT but if we are just talking better players, I think maybe only 4-6 guys on that list are better than KAT and I don't even know about that. KAT can score as well as any of them but also get 13 boards.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
KGdaBom
RealGM
Posts: 10,748
And1: 2,202
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: Karl Anthony Towns - #13 on GM Poll for Best Under 25 

Post#18 » by KGdaBom » Thu Oct 1, 2020 2:58 am

Calinks wrote:I guess in the sense that it's a guards game, I would take most of those other guys before KAT but if we are just talking better players, I think maybe only 4-6 guys on that list are better than KAT and I don't even know about that. KAT can score as well as any of them but also get 13 boards.

We're all being brainwashed IMO. KAT is the 2nd best player of that group. He not only scores 27 a game with 12 boards and decent assists, but he is also the most efficient scorer as well.
UnFadeable21
Senior
Posts: 557
And1: 123
Joined: Mar 30, 2019

Re: Karl Anthony Towns - #13 on GM Poll for Best Under 25 

Post#19 » by UnFadeable21 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:07 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Calinks wrote:I guess in the sense that it's a guards game, I would take most of those other guys before KAT but if we are just talking better players, I think maybe only 4-6 guys on that list are better than KAT and I don't even know about that. KAT can score as well as any of them but also get 13 boards.

We're all being brainwashed IMO. KAT is the 2nd best player of that group. He not only scores 27 a game with 12 boards and decent assists, but he is also the most efficient scorer as well.


Pure talent alone, Towns is better than those guys but does he have the mental fortitude to win?
KGdaBom
RealGM
Posts: 10,748
And1: 2,202
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: Karl Anthony Towns - #13 on GM Poll for Best Under 25 

Post#20 » by KGdaBom » Thu Oct 1, 2020 3:11 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Calinks wrote:I guess in the sense that it's a guards game, I would take most of those other guys before KAT but if we are just talking better players, I think maybe only 4-6 guys on that list are better than KAT and I don't even know about that. KAT can score as well as any of them but also get 13 boards.

We're all being brainwashed IMO. KAT is the 2nd best player of that group. He not only scores 27 a game with 12 boards and decent assists, but he is also the most efficient scorer as well.


Pure talent alone, Towns is better than those guys but does he have the mental fortitude to win?

Yes, but it isn't about one player. It's about the Team. Anthony Davis didn't win sheet until he got on a better team. Wolves need Russell to play like an all star and Beasley to not go to jail and be one of the best shooters in the league. Culver needs to step up his game.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves