Norseman79 wrote:now the Pippen stuff is quickly changing my view

Do you mean championship DNA?

:lol:
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Re: Trade Talk (Part Five) 

Post#1183 » by shrink » Wed Dec 2, 2020 7:30 pm

Norseman79 wrote:I am sure this is probably way off base, but given Beasley's apparent off court stuff recently, when is he available for a trade? The Knicks were rumored to be interested...would Barrett and Knox be acceptable? I liked Beasley, but the gun stuff and now the Pippen stuff is quickly changing my view

Normally free agents lose their CBA signing restrictions in the beginning of December. I don’t think a specific date has been given out for the Covid-condensed season, but I would imagine around February 1st, since we’re starting the season mid-December.

I certainly expect us to look for trade offers, since adding Rubio and drafting Edwards is going to cut into Beasley’s minutes. However, this is the problem with not squeezing him on the contract - it is far less of a trade asset. Even if the Knicks interest is true (and agents always tell teams others are interested), if MIN plunked down a contract NYK didn’t want to beat, how enthused will they be to take that same contract AND add in positive trade assets?

MIN committed to Beasley by plunking down a 1st to get his Bird rights, and giving him all the starter minutes he wanted. We did not pay that first for production last year - we paid it for Beasley’s production in the future. I certainly don’t like that he has repaid our loyalty to him by these off court issues, but also by having his owner entertain offers from other teams.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,962

Post#1184 » by Domejandro » Wed Dec 2, 2020 7:34 pm

minimus wrote:A Nowell trade for 2nd round pick makes some sense now.

You would need another team to agree to that (none probably would).
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#1185 » by UnFadeable21 » Wed Dec 2, 2020 7:41 pm

Doogie says the wolves tried to trade for Aaron Gordon and Larry Nance during the draft and before resigning Juancho so they were looking to upgrade the power forward position.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,821

Post#1186 » by KGdaBom » Wed Dec 2, 2020 7:45 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:Doogie says the wolves tried to trade for Aaron Gordon and Larry Nance during the draft and before resigning Juancho so they were looking to upgrade the power forward position.

Larry Nance is amazing. Who did Cleveland draft? Do they have a glut now?
NebWolvesFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 366

Post#1187 » by NebWolvesFan » Wed Dec 2, 2020 8:24 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:Doogie says the wolves tried to trade for Aaron Gordon and Larry Nance during the draft and before resigning Juancho so they were looking to upgrade the power forward position.

Cleveland took Okoro, Toppin or Okongwe would have been better for the Wolves.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,821

Post#1188 » by KGdaBom » Wed Dec 2, 2020 8:33 pm

NebWolvesFan wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

I would guess that Nance ends up the better player than Okoro and Toppin. Okongwu I really like. If you believe the rumors Culver and 17 would have got us pick 6. We could have used it on Okongwu or Avdija, but wouldn't have got Rubio, Bolmaro or McDaniels.
old school 34
Senior
And1: 240

Post#1189 » by old school 34 » Thu Dec 3, 2020 12:27 am

KGdaBom wrote:
NebWolvesFan wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Larry Nance is amazing. Who did Cleveland draft? Do they have a glut now?

I would guess that Nance ends up the better player than Okoro and Toppin. Okongwu I really like. If you believe the rumors Culver and 17 would have got us pick 6. We could have used it on Okongwu or Avdija, but wouldn't have got Rubio, Bolmaro or McDaniels.
Here's my crazy last minute deal for Nance prior to the season starting....cause I am finally drinking the kool-aid that maybe the Cavs would be willing to move him & partly cause of my frustration about not having JMac deal done yet (not sure if it's cause he's still hoping for better situation elsewhere...which I get)...but none the less....3-teamer

NY...out: Knox...in: Okogie & S&T JMac

Cle....out: LNJ...in: Culver & Knox

MN...out: Okogie, Culver, & JMac...in: LNJ

It was hard finding 3rd team that had opportunity that JMac is looking for & right parts to facilitate that last part...maybe, Det or the Clippers...but it's getting difficult to even find a for sure better landing spot for JMac?

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#1190 » by King Malta » Thu Dec 3, 2020 1:00 am

shrink wrote:
Norseman79 wrote:I am sure this is probably way off base, but given Beasley's apparent off court stuff recently, when is he available for a trade? The Knicks were rumored to be interested...would Barrett and Knox be acceptable? I liked Beasley, but the gun stuff and now the Pippen stuff is quickly changing my view

Normally free agents lose their CBA signing restrictions in the beginning of December. I don’t think a specific date has been given out for the Covid-condensed season, but I would imagine around February 1st, since we’re starting the season mid-December.

I certainly expect us to look for trade offers, since adding Rubio and drafting Edwards is going to cut into Beasley’s minutes. However, this is the problem with not squeezing him on the contract - it is far less of a trade asset. Even if the Knicks interest is true (and agents always tell teams others are interested), if MIN plunked down a contract NYK didn’t want to beat, how enthused will they be to take that same contract AND add in positive trade assets?

MIN committed to Beasley by plunking down a 1st to get his Bird rights, and giving him all the starter minutes he wanted. We did not pay that first for production last year - we paid it for Beasley’s production in the future. I certainly don’t like that he has repaid our loyalty to him by these off court issues, but also by having his owner entertain offers from other teams.

Jon K was on Dane Moore's podcast this week and said there'd been a fair bit of interest from New York, and if they were unable to get Gordon Hayward (they weren't) that Beasley was the next big guard target for them.

He seemed to feel that had it gotten to that point the Wolves were pretty confident that New York were likely to present an offer that the wolves would be less inclined to match.

I don't think a 3+1/60 backened deal (as it's been suggested) for Beasley is really that difficult an asset to move. It's also worth remembering you're talking about the Knicks :lol:
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#1191 » by Dewey » Thu Dec 3, 2020 1:18 am

old school 34 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
NebWolvesFan wrote:

Here's my crazy last minute deal for Nance prior to the season starting....cause I am finally drinking the kool-aid that maybe the Cavs would be willing to move him & partly cause of my frustration about not having JMac deal done yet (not sure if it's cause he's still hoping for better situation elsewhere...which I get)...but none the less....3-teamer

It was hard finding 3rd team that had opportunity that JMac is looking for & right parts to facilitate that last part...maybe, Det or the Clippers...but it's getting difficult to even find a for sure better landing spot for JMac?

FYI you can take your FIS and FBO
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#1192 » by Dewey » Thu Dec 3, 2020 1:20 am

King Malta wrote:
shrink wrote:

Jon K was on Dane Moore's podcast this week and said there'd been a fair bit of interest from New York, and if they were unable to get Gordon Hayward (they weren't) that Beasley was the next big guard target for them.

He seemed to feel that had it gotten to that point the Wolves were pretty confident that New York were likely to present an offer that the wolves would be less inclined to match.

I don't think a 3+1/60 backened deal (as it's been suggested) for Beasley is really that difficult an asset to move. It's also worth remembering you're talking about the Knicks :lol:

They wanted a fire sale deal ... Jon K was off par
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 691

Post#1193 » by karch34 » Thu Dec 3, 2020 2:14 am

Dewey wrote:]
They wanted a fire sale deal ... Jon K was off par

What are you basing this on?
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#1194 » by Jedzz » Thu Dec 3, 2020 9:26 pm

old school 34 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
NebWolvesFan wrote:

I was suggesting Knicks could use him for a while. Good choice imo. Not sure if they see him at all at this point but his agent should have suggested it by now if he's allowed to.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,528

Post#1195 » by Note30 » Fri Dec 4, 2020 3:45 am

Jedzz wrote:
Note30 wrote:Ironic that we could have had plugged the PF hole and our sixth man would have been better if we just stayed the course

Zach instead of Beasley
Markannen added in

Because...

You believe Markannen is so much better than Hernangomez?
You believe Zach is better than Beasley?
You believe Beasley or Zach should be 6th man players?

I don't note anything ironic. Just another baseless belief system at the root of your thoughts of what could be. Also kind of wondering of what course we are talking about here. Are you thinking back again years now to before the trade for Butler? This will never end.

Juancho hasn't proven anything and has never average more than 7pts a game. His 14 game sample size with the wolves means nothing. We signed him because thats what it would cost for someone of his skill. If you think Markannen isn't better you are nuts. He's no All-Star but he's a more serviceable starter than Juancho. Only issue is he's super injury prone. But we don't even know how injury prone jauncho is because he hasnt seen the floor much in his career.

But yeah. Markannen > Hernangomez.

Zach is infinitely better than Beasley. Its not even close. If you don't see that you are nuts.

Basically anything Thibs did was trash.

I can't think of a single good decision he made during his entire tenure here.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,194

Post#1196 » by Neeva » Fri Dec 4, 2020 3:51 am

Zach and Lauri are overated af..and will both be overpaid starting next season.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#1197 » by Jedzz » Fri Dec 4, 2020 7:14 pm

Note30 wrote:But yeah. Markannen > Hernangomez.

Zach is infinitely better than Beasley. Its not even close. If you don't see that you are nuts.

Basically anything Thibs did was trash.

I can't think of a single good decision he made during his entire tenure here.

Ok Hoss. Maybe you should compare his winning record here to everyone before him. I suppose that counts for nothing with you.

The player comparisons...those are on you. I'm not even touching that, ...trash.
shrink
RealGM

Post#1198 » by shrink » Fri Dec 4, 2020 7:35 pm

Trade Board idea that I thought you might like talking about

babyjax13 wrote:Balance w/picks as needed
Minnesota trades: Jarret Culver, Anthony Edwards, Ed Davis, Leandro Bolmaro, Malik Beasley, Jaden McDaniels
Houston trades: James Harden, David Nwaba, Sterling Brown, Ja'Sean Tate, Ben McLemore, Chris Clemons

Why Minnesota does it: They get their second superstar, Towns-Harden should be devastating on offense.
Why Houston does it: Get a ton of players with potential, I actually like what Minnesota did in the draft a lot. Drop current and future salary.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
shrink
RealGM

Post#1199 » by shrink » Fri Dec 4, 2020 7:39 pm

Also a Bulls fan suggested

Markannen for Culver
I suggested Markannen for Okogie + Nowell

We might not be able to afford Markannen next year when he gets paid, but if he stayed healthy (big if), he’d start this season.
old school 34
Senior
And1: 240

Post#1200 » by old school 34 » Fri Dec 4, 2020 7:58 pm

shrink wrote:Also a Bulls fan suggested

Markannen for Culver
I suggested Markannen for Okogie + Nowell

We might not be able to afford Markannen next year when he gets paid, but if he stayed healthy (big if), he’d start this season.
I have my concerns about Markanen but at that price...it's a worthwhile gamble for both squads & better positional balance.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves