ImageImageImage

Trade Talk (Part Five)

Moderators: Domejandro, Calinks, Worm Guts

old school 34
Junior
Posts: 331
And1: 141
Joined: Jun 14, 2018
         

Re: Trade Talk (Part Five) 

Post#1521 » by old school 34 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:59 am

Neeva wrote:It’s funny that Orlando fans think losing Fultz will take them from 7-10 range in playoffs to a bottom 3 team. Fultz aint that good lol
I haven't paid as close attention to them specifically...but I thought he at least showed early signs this year prior to injury of making another significant step?

Or it could be just the fact...that backup options are a rookie & MCW....with no other wings really even having much lead guard in them even?

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
IceManBK1
Starter
Posts: 2,150
And1: 192
Joined: Jul 14, 2017
   

Re: Trade Talk (Part Five) 

Post#1522 » by IceManBK1 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 6:00 am

Rubio to Magic makes sense after fultz injury.. We give them a replacement PF Juancho or Layman as well for Gordon.
User avatar
urinesane
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,455
And1: 2,337
Joined: May 10, 2010
 

Re: Trade Talk (Part Five) 

Post#1523 » by urinesane » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:02 pm

John Collins Challenges How Trae Young Runs Atlanta's Offense During Film Session


During a film session this week after blowing a 15-point lead in the second half to the New York Knicks, John Collins raised several issues about how the Atlanta Hawks are functioning with Trae Young running the offense, three sources tell The Athletic.

Collins discussed how the Hawks need to get into offensive sets more quickly and to limit Young's early shot clock attempts that leave his teammates uninvolved. Collins also shared his desire for more ball movement and flow on offense.



Cracks starting to show between Collins and Young in Atlanta? Collins making a lot of sense not being a fan of early shot clock chucking by Young. Not that he'd be thrilled to come into this situation, but could add some much needed competent play at the PF position and has the right mindset to thrive in the system they are trying to run. He's a +56 +/- on the year even though the Hawks are 4-4.

What's a package you think can bring him here without giving away too much?
User avatar
Killboard
Analyst
Posts: 3,349
And1: 928
Joined: Jul 16, 2010

Re: Trade Talk (Part Five) 

Post#1524 » by Killboard » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:08 pm

urinesane wrote:
John Collins Challenges How Trae Young Runs Atlanta's Offense During Film Session


During a film session this week after blowing a 15-point lead in the second half to the New York Knicks, John Collins raised several issues about how the Atlanta Hawks are functioning with Trae Young running the offense, three sources tell The Athletic.

Collins discussed how the Hawks need to get into offensive sets more quickly and to limit Young's early shot clock attempts that leave his teammates uninvolved. Collins also shared his desire for more ball movement and flow on offense.



Cracks starting to show between Collins and Young in Atlanta? Collins making a lot of sense not being a fan of early shot clock chucking by Young. Not that he'd be thrilled to come into this situation, but could add some much needed competent play at the PF position and has the right mindset to thrive in the system they are trying to run.

What's a package you think can bring him here without giving away too much?


Hard to make a package for him when he is going to sign for 20M+ and we don't have expiring salaries. Wolves would be forced to dump Beasley or Rubio for capspace without taking anything back in the offseason (in top of sending assets for him Atlanta wants), and not many teams will want to do that.
NattaNerNutta
Freshman
Posts: 57
And1: 40
Joined: Jan 27, 2012

Re: Trade Talk (Part Five) 

Post#1525 » by NattaNerNutta » Fri Jan 8, 2021 10:00 pm

Killboard wrote:
urinesane wrote:
John Collins Challenges How Trae Young Runs Atlanta's Offense During Film Session


During a film session this week after blowing a 15-point lead in the second half to the New York Knicks, John Collins raised several issues about how the Atlanta Hawks are functioning with Trae Young running the offense, three sources tell The Athletic.

Collins discussed how the Hawks need to get into offensive sets more quickly and to limit Young's early shot clock attempts that leave his teammates uninvolved. Collins also shared his desire for more ball movement and flow on offense.



Cracks starting to show between Collins and Young in Atlanta? Collins making a lot of sense not being a fan of early shot clock chucking by Young. Not that he'd be thrilled to come into this situation, but could add some much needed competent play at the PF position and has the right mindset to thrive in the system they are trying to run.

What's a package you think can bring him here without giving away too much?


Hard to make a package for him when he is going to sign for 20M+ and we don't have expiring salaries. Wolves would be forced to dump Beasley or Rubio for capspace without taking anything back in the offseason (in top of sending assets for him Atlanta wants), and not many teams will want to do that.


Isn't Ed Davis an expiring contract? Other players can be included as well. I feel that the high minutes Beasley is getting will do wonders for raising trade value, as soon as he's able to be moved. With the growth of Culver and the impact of A1, I can definitely see Beasley being the odd man out.

Something like:
-Beasley
- E. Davis
-couple 2nd rounders

for

Aaron Gordon.

type of deal

-
User avatar
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 13,850
And1: 17,842
Joined: Jul 29, 2014
Location: San Diego, California

Re: Trade Talk (Part Five) 

Post#1526 » by Domejandro » Fri Jan 8, 2021 10:27 pm

old school 34 wrote:
Neeva wrote:It’s funny that Orlando fans think losing Fultz will take them from 7-10 range in playoffs to a bottom 3 team. Fultz aint that good lol
I haven't paid as close attention to them specifically...but I thought he at least showed early signs this year prior to injury of making another significant step?

Or it could be just the fact...that backup options are a rookie & MCW....with no other wings really even having much lead guard in them even?

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app

Markell’s Fultz was playing terrific ball this year, he is a huge loss for that team.
Neeva
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,765
And1: 1,239
Joined: Jun 03, 2016

Re: Trade Talk (Part Five) 

Post#1527 » by Neeva » Fri Jan 8, 2021 10:58 pm

Fultz had nice games at the begining of the season but still can’t shoot at 39 overall and 25 on threes.. He is completely average in every way.
wolves_89
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,793
And1: 2,201
Joined: Jul 10, 2012
 

Re: Trade Talk (Part Five) 

Post#1528 » by wolves_89 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 11:25 pm

With regards to making trades in the short term, the Wolves are pretty much screwed. The team can't trade Beasley or Hernangomez until March 2. Even Ed Davis' salary can't be combined with another player for a couple of more weeks. The only semi-realistic option at the moment would be if the Magic decide they want to compete and think Rubio is the answer, but I'm highly doubtful of that happening. Basically, by the time the Wolves have flexibility in terms of salary matching, any chance at the 10th spot in the West could be gone.
User avatar
Killboard
Analyst
Posts: 3,349
And1: 928
Joined: Jul 16, 2010

Re: Trade Talk (Part Five) 

Post#1529 » by Killboard » Fri Jan 8, 2021 11:51 pm

NattaNerNutta wrote:
Killboard wrote:
urinesane wrote:
Cracks starting to show between Collins and Young in Atlanta? Collins making a lot of sense not being a fan of early shot clock chucking by Young. Not that he'd be thrilled to come into this situation, but could add some much needed competent play at the PF position and has the right mindset to thrive in the system they are trying to run.

What's a package you think can bring him here without giving away too much?


Hard to make a package for him when he is going to sign for 20M+ and we don't have expiring salaries. Wolves would be forced to dump Beasley or Rubio for capspace without taking anything back in the offseason (in top of sending assets for him Atlanta wants), and not many teams will want to do that.


Isn't Ed Davis an expiring contract? Other players can be included as well. I feel that the high minutes Beasley is getting will do wonders for raising trade value, as soon as he's able to be moved. With the growth of Culver and the impact of A1, I can definitely see Beasley being the odd man out.

Something like:
-Beasley
- E. Davis
-couple 2nd rounders

for

Aaron Gordon.

type of deal

-


Aaron Gordon is easier to accomodate, since we can send salary out of him. But I was talking about Collins who still under a rookie contract but needs to be extended.
shrink
RealGM
Posts: 45,510
And1: 6,110
Joined: Sep 26, 2005

Re: Trade Talk (Part Five) 

Post#1530 » by shrink » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:31 am

John Collins is bad defensively.

John Collins would require a max deal next year. John Collins would not deserve a max deal.

Minnesota is going nowhere with max deals to KAT, Russell, and John Collins.
Rookie-Mistake
Senior
Posts: 708
And1: 218
Joined: Jun 27, 2008
         

Re: Trade Talk (Part Five) 

Post#1531 » by Rookie-Mistake » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:42 am

More AG trade talk? Really??? You guys are obsessed. Give it a break.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using RealGM mobile app
minimus
General Manager
Posts: 8,735
And1: 2,289
Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Location: Germany, Stuttgart area
 

Re: Trade Talk (Part Five) 

Post#1532 » by minimus » Sat Jan 9, 2021 8:09 am

AG does not make much sense now. He has only one full year left in contract.
User avatar
Killboard
Analyst
Posts: 3,349
And1: 928
Joined: Jul 16, 2010

Re: Trade Talk (Part Five) 

Post#1533 » by Killboard » Sat Jan 9, 2021 2:51 pm

minimus wrote:AG does not make much sense now. He has only one full year left in contract.

Same as Rubio. Which would be the downside contract wise?
Wolves21
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,341
And1: 267
Joined: Jun 26, 2009

Re: Trade Talk (Part Five) 

Post#1534 » by Wolves21 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:30 pm

Has anyone thought of maybe trading or seeing if their interested in trading Towns for Brown ? Just don't think Towns/Russell pairing is really anything special and more then willing to move on from Towns who's now in his 6th season and even Russell.Think the Celtics might be interested in the deal as it give them a dynamic big to go along side Tatum & Kemba while the Wolves get a true two way SG who would be our best defender and a guy who's a proven winner.Also would move Beasley to the 6th man role which I think is his ideal spot.

Then trading Russell to the Pacers for Turner & McDermott(Pacer might be down for a deal like this as its been reported their not high on Turner and Sabonis is clearly the present and future of the team and Oladipo who's a free agent is easily replaced by Russell)

Rubio
Brown
Edwards
Vanderbilt
Turner

6th man Beasley
minimus
General Manager
Posts: 8,735
And1: 2,289
Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Location: Germany, Stuttgart area
 

Re: Trade Talk (Part Five) 

Post#1535 » by minimus » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:55 pm

Killboard wrote:
minimus wrote:AG does not make much sense now. He has only one full year left in contract.

Same as Rubio. Which would be the downside contract wise?


Rubio did not cost us two FRPs.
User avatar
Killboard
Analyst
Posts: 3,349
And1: 928
Joined: Jul 16, 2010

Re: Trade Talk (Part Five) 

Post#1536 » by Killboard » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:29 pm

minimus wrote:
Killboard wrote:
minimus wrote:AG does not make much sense now. He has only one full year left in contract.

Same as Rubio. Which would be the downside contract wise?


Rubio did not cost us two FRPs.


Get it, I wouldn't trade 2 FRP for him neither. I doubt any team would. I wouldn't even trade Culver for him. But Ricky+Juancho (if Ricky alone isn't enough and Orlando wants a PF, with Orlando inlcuding some fillers) would be my package.
Note30
Analyst
Posts: 3,687
And1: 870
Joined: Feb 25, 2014
 

Re: Trade Talk (Part Five) 

Post#1537 » by Note30 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:14 am

A trade with the Clippers makes a lot of sense to me.

Bev, Williams, Morris for
Rubio, Beasley, Juancho

DLo, Bev, Culver, Morris, KAT
Williams, Edwards, Reid

Good for the clips too

Rubio/George/Leonard/Batum, Ibaka
Beasley/ Kennard / Zubac
Norseman79
Pro Prospect
Posts: 885
And1: 273
Joined: Jul 26, 2017
     

Re: Trade Talk (Part Five) 

Post#1538 » by Norseman79 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:11 am

MN needs to get bigger. If that means chasing Bagley or going another direction, I don't know. What I do think, and I said this before the season, we have decent depth, but no solid starting five. Some general observations...

Juancho should be coming off the bench.
Culver/Okoge ... One needs to go.
Layman is either a backup 3 or trade bait.
Rubio in theory was fun, in reality this system isn't working.
Naz as a 3rd big for small ball is great, playing against big 5s is not.
Vanderbilt is like a diet, caffeine free Simmons lite. Just because he can't shoot doesn't mean he can't play.
The two trades I would like to see us try to make right now are:

Trade 1: MN out : Culver, Layman, and protected pick (swap)
Mn In: Bagley and protected pick (swap)

I like Culver more than most, but if you want something you have to give something. Teams agree to a protected pick swap with the better end going to Sac unless Bagley plays less than X number of games. Bagley steps in as the starting 4 next to KAT.

Trade 2 is a three team deal....
MN in: Bridges, Zeller, Richards
Out: Rubio, okoge
Cha in: Gordon, Bamba
Out: Zeller, Bridges, Richards, Monk
Orl in: Rubio, Okoge, Monk
Out: Gordon, Bamba

Mn gets a starting 3 in Bridges, some backup size in Richards, and an expiring in Zeller.

Russell, JMac
Beasley, Edwards
Bridges, Vanderbilt
Bagley, Hernangomez
Towns, Richards/Reid (match up dependant)

Never happen, too much movement and turnover, but it fixes some size and defensive issues.
twix2500
RealGM
Posts: 17,451
And1: 13,387
Joined: Dec 25, 2003
   

Re: Trade Talk (Part Five) 

Post#1539 » by twix2500 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:40 pm

Trade
Knicks get
Ricky Rubio
Juancho Hernangomez
Jarrett Culver

Timberwolves get
Alec Burks
Nerlens Noel
Julius Randle

Timberswolves commit to putting Edwards in the starting lineup and primary run the offense PnR with Russell and Towns. Secondary Offense through Edwards. Second Unit lead by Beasley and Randle

PG: Russell - - McLaughlin - Hagans
SG: Edwards - Beasley
SF: Burks - McDaniel - Laymen
PF: Vanderbilt - Randle
Ce: Towns - Nerlens
User avatar
Dual
Veteran
Posts: 2,597
And1: 1,436
Joined: Jun 26, 2009
 

Re: Trade Talk (Part Five) 

Post#1540 » by Dual » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:54 pm

twix2500 wrote:Trade
Knicks get
Ricky Rubio
Juancho Hernangomez
Jarrett Culver

Timberwolves get
Alec Burks
Nerlens Noel
Julius Randle

Timberswolves commit to putting Edwards in the starting lineup and primary run the offense PnR with Russell and Towns. Secondary Offense through Edwards. Second Unit lead by Beasley and Randle

PG: Russell - - McLaughlin - Hagans
SG: Edwards - Beasley
SF: Burks - McDaniel - Laymen
PF: Vanderbilt - Randle
Ce: Towns - Nerlens

Thibs and Ricky, hell no.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves