ImageImageImage

Trade Talk (Part Five)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

DaMplsKid
Junior
And1: 106

Re: Trade Talk (Part Five) 

Post#41 » by DaMplsKid » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:29 pm

Not sure how this would work but would love to get Pascal Siakam in a trade.

He fits age wise and position wise with KAT and DLo. I think he bring defense and is a good enough shooter to keep the floor spaced.

Dlo
Beasley
?? FA (Bertans, Grant, or Crowder)
Siakam
Kat

Mostly liking wont happen but this would be huge. Toronto might start thinking about a rebuild and the #1 pick and whatever they can get from Lowry would make a good start.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Re: Trade Talk (Part Four) 

Post#42 » by Dewey » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:31 pm

Baseline81 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:You apparently don't watch games since Culver. There are plenty of players in this very draft that carried their teams. I luv your repeat claim about me not watching games however. I'm starting to see the projection of your situation.

It's an honest question, especially since you bang away on so-called top-3 prospects. Have you really watched them or those you like? Or do you see YouTube clips like many of us?

All entitled to opinions just like the wannbe experts ... seriously, I love when self-proclaimed draft experts analyze their own mock draft!! priceless!! :lol: I can call myself a doctor and offer my opinion on the sand beach volleyball court too....

I recall seeing numerous times the analysts, scouts, in person workouts, and interviews suggesting Culver fit in the #6-8 range of last years draft ... we heard numerous times, "He's checked all the boxes"! Well, he may turn out to be a gem yet - who knows. I did not want to draft Culver at the time, but currently, believe long-term he'll develop into a solid NBA player and I hope we keep him around as strange as that may sound to some.

Anyway, we'll hear all the projections again this year about the 2020 prospects and how wonderful they may be. A few facts of what prospects have done, but primarily, heavily weighted opinions on how they translate to NBA wins. No one knows sh!$ at this stage :dontknow: but we all have hunches and opinions.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#43 » by UnFadeable21 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:38 pm

DaMplsKid wrote:Not sure how this would work but would love to get Pascal Siakam in a trade.

He fits age wise and position wise with KAT and DLo. I think he bring defense and is a good enough shooter to keep the floor spaced.

Dlo
Beasley
Siakam
Kat

Mostly liking wont happen but this would be huge. Toronto might start thinking about a rebuild and the #1 pick and whatever they can get from Lowry would make a good start.

Toronto is in win mode not sell mode.

They are building a team to try and sign Giannis in 2021.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,657

Post#44 » by shrink » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:08 pm

DaMplsKid wrote:Not sure how this would work but would love to get Pascal Siakam in a trade.

Dlo
Beasley
Siakam
Kat

I agree he would be a great target. I am reluctant to handcuff the team to a third big salary for many players, but I think Siakim is a star already, has upside to be a bigger star, and fits very well with KAT and Russell. You and I aren’t alone liking Siakim here, but gathering enough compensation to trade is tough.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2009145
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,657

Post#45 » by shrink » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:09 pm

Dewey wrote:
Baseline81 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:You apparently don't watch games since Culver. There are plenty of players in this very draft that carried their teams. I luv your repeat claim about me not watching games however. I'm starting to see the projection of your situation.

It's an honest question, especially since you bang away on so-called top-3 prospects. Have you really watched them or those you like? Or do you see YouTube clips like many of us?

All entitled to opinions just like the wannbe experts ... seriously, I love when self-proclaimed draft experts analyze their own mock draft!! priceless!! :lol: I can call myself a doctor and offer my opinion on the sand beach volleyball court too.....

I’ll meet you in Malibu, doctor!
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#46 » by UnFadeable21 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:22 pm

He would be a great fit next to Towns and realistic trade opportunity.

Johnson & 17 for Nance.
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 390

Post#47 » by Rookie-Mistake » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:50 pm

And here we go again...

Can we just create a list of posters that want this trade. Once you are on the list, that is it. No more proposing this UNIQUE trade idea!

FMD.
UnFadeable21 wrote:Need to trade for Aaron Gordon or even Larry Nance with 17 and Johnson.

Take LaMelo at 1

DLO
Lamelo
Layman
Gordon/Nance
Towns

Culver
Beasley
Okogie
Juancho
Naz

Let’s play!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using RealGM mobile app
UnFadeable21
Veteran

Post#48 » by UnFadeable21 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:51 pm

Rookie-Mistake wrote:And here we go again...

Can we just create a list of posters that want this trade. Once you are on the list, that is it. No more proposing this UNIQUE trade idea!

FMD.
UnFadeable21 wrote:Need to trade for Aaron Gordon or even Larry Nance with 17 and Johnson.

Take LaMelo at 1

DLO
Lamelo
Layman
Gordon/Nance
Towns

Culver
Beasley
Okogie
Juancho
Naz

Let’s play!

Lol I said Larry Nance or Gordon.

Wolves need a starting power forward :D
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#49 » by Jedzz » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:59 pm

Baseline81 wrote:

It's not an honest question. It's a way to disregard someone's opinion without actually talking about the player we are talking about. It's also a way to avoid the question posed to you.

This claim that Culver carried his team because he was so great died on a pole of hope this past year. As I stated, plenty of players in this draft were everything to their team's successes in college. Maybe you need to watch them and think about Culver's play in college and now the NBA when you are watching.

I've had all summer to watch plenty of games when I can find them. More then I usually have since I'm not a feverish college sports fan and this summer being unique. Usually there is a reason for me to seek them out. If I see particular play in a youtube highlights that interest me, If random stats searching I come across something interesting on a player I'll go seek out their games I can find to further confirm. If someone here presents something I haven't seen about a player, I'll go dig. etc...

I've seen Edward's games. The few Wiseman games and even his play going back to 2016-17-18 at other ball events. Sitting through wasted minutes or hours just to catch rare glimpses of him. I've seen a couple Ball highschool games or what is on youtube for those. I've avoided the Aussie league games as I don't think I would be able to compare that to anything. There's your top 3 you are so keen on. Happy now? I would be more interested in someone pointing out players that might be good but aren't going to be drafted.
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,764

Post#50 » by Slim Tubby » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:37 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:

FMD.

Take LaMelo at 1

DLO
Lamelo
Layman
Gordon/Nance
Towns

Culver
Beasley
Okogie
Juancho
Naz

Let’s play!

KG has been pimping the Nance trade angle for quite some time now. I propose a rule that there are to be no more trade suggestions posted that include Gordon and Nance.

On a side note; what the hell are some of these Bulls fans smoking on the T & T Board? They have got to be the biggest homers I’ve seen in a long time when it comes to valuing their own players. WCJ better than anyone in this draft? Lavine and Markanen too valuable to trade? I say pay and keep them all, Bulls fans, and enjoy the cellar for another 10 years. They don’t have a single player worth adding to #4 to move up to #1 yet they act like they’d be doing us a favor. Holy extra provincial fan base, Batman....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,827

Post#51 » by KGdaBom » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:13 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:#1+JJ+filler to Pelicans for Jrue Holiday
#17, #33, Culver+Filler to Orlando for Aaron Gordon
MLE(personal favs are Joe Harris, Jae Crowder)
Fill out rest of roster with vet mins

Dlo
Holiday
Joe Harris
Gordon
Towns

The trades are terrible. Holiday doesn’t fit our timeline and can walk for nothing next year. I’m so tired of reading Gordon offers that I wouldn’t even trade #17 alone for him when guys like like Bey, Reed, Tillman, Maxey, Terry and others could be available.

As for your MLE targets, I couldn’t agree more with you, Ice...both would be great fits, especially Harris. Nice job identifying those guys!

Holiday has five good years left. That's fine for the timeline. The contract status is the problem.

Sent from my SM-N970U using RealGM mobile app
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#52 » by KGdaBom » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:15 pm

IMO easy
Baseline81 wrote:
Rookie-Mistake wrote:With serious question marks on this year's draft depth, this bumps his trade value up. As someone who was highly critical of his Rookie season, I acknowledge that he improved as the season went along.

I view his value as still an asset.

I guess a better question might be, if Culver were in this draft would he be the raging consensus #1 pick?

Would the Wolves even get a top-20 first round pick for him?

IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#53 » by IceManBK1 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:35 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:#1+JJ+filler to Pelicans for Jrue Holiday
#17, #33, Culver+Filler to Orlando for Aaron Gordon
MLE(personal favs are Joe Harris, Jae Crowder)
Fill out rest of roster with vet mins

Dlo
Holiday
Joe Harris
Gordon
Towns

The trades are terrible. Holiday doesn’t fit our timeline and can walk for nothing next year. I’m so tired of reading Gordon offers that I wouldn’t even trade #17 alone for him when guys like like Bey, Reed, Tillman, Maxey, Terry and others could be available.

As for your MLE targets, I couldn’t agree more with you, Ice...both would be great fits, especially Harris. Nice job identifying those guys!

Holiday has five good years left. That's fine for the timeline. The contract status is the problem.

what if he agrees to pick up his PO next yr before getting traded...can he even agree yet? If so, we're guaranteed to have him for atleast 2 yrs.
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#54 » by IceManBK1 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:36 pm

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2914622-report-victor-oladipo-pacers-discussed-4-year-80-million-contract-extension

Do we make the trade with Pacers for Oladipo and Turner if Oladipo agrees to an extension of maybe 18-20 mil for 4 yrs? There are reports saying he wants to get a max contract. He's not getting a Max contract after that injury and abysmal outing this past season.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#55 » by KGdaBom » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:52 pm

Take LaMelo at 1

DLO
Lamelo
Layman
Gordon/Nance
Towns

Culver
Beasley
Okogie
Juancho
Naz

Let’s play!
Yes another Nance fan.

KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#56 » by KGdaBom » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:52 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:Would you guys traded pick 17 and Johnson for Larry Nance?

For the Timberwolves
Yes

IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#57 » by IceManBK1 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:55 pm

KGdaBom wrote:

For the Timberwolves
Yes

Rather trade for Brandon Clarke with that offer.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#58 » by KGdaBom » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:57 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:

FMD.

KG has been pimping the Nance trade angle for quite some time now. I propose a rule that there are to be no more trade suggestions posted that include Gordon and Nance.

On a side note; what the hell are some of these Bulls fans smoking on the T & T Board? They have got to be the biggest homers I’ve seen in a long time when it comes to valuing their own players. WCJ better than anyone in this draft? Lavine and Markanen too valuable to trade? I say pay and keep them all, Bulls fans, and enjoy the cellar for another 10 years. They don’t have a single player worth adding to #4 to move up to #1 yet they act like they’d be doing us a favor. Holy extra provincial fan base, Batman....

Nance is very good.

KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#59 » by KGdaBom » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:57 pm

IceManBK1 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

For the Timberwolves
Yes

Rather trade for Brandon Clarke with that offer.
We're not getting Clarke or Nance for that garbage offer.

Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,264

Post#60 » by Baseline81 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:32 pm

Jedzz wrote:It's not an honest question. It's a way to disregard someone's opinion without actually talking about the player we are talking about. It's also a way to avoid the question posed to you.

This claim that Culver carried his team because he was so great died on a pole of hope this past year. As I stated, plenty of players in this draft were everything to their team's successes in college. Maybe you need to watch them and think about Culver's play in college and now the NBA when you are watching.

I've had all summer to watch plenty of games when I can find them. More then I usually have since I'm not a feverish college sports fan and this summer being unique. Usually there is a reason for me to seek them out. If I see particular play in a youtube highlights that interest me, If random stats searching I come across something interesting on a player I'll go seek out their games I can find to further confirm. If someone here presents something I haven't seen about a player, I'll go dig. etc...

I've seen Edward's games. The few Wiseman games and even his play going back to 2016-17-18 at other ball events. Sitting through wasted minutes or hours just to catch rare glimpses of him. I've seen a couple Ball highschool games or what is on youtube for those. I've avoided the Aussie league games as I don't think I would be able to compare that to anything. There's your top 3 you are so keen on. Happy now? I would be more interested in someone pointing out players that might be good but aren't going to be drafted.

You were discussing Culver with Neeva. I merely responded because you wouldn't answer his question regarding how often you watched these prospects. As such, I'm not sure what you posed to him or her.

I watched several games of Edwards during the college season. Living in the Southeast you get plenty of ACC and SEC games. From what the so-called experts say, I think their scouting report is fair, and therefore, I trust what they have written about other prospects. With Wiseman's short Memphis stint, I wasn't able to catch any of his games. Through Facebook Watch I did see a couple Ball games. Again, what's been written and said on him I agree with.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves