Trade Talk (Part Five)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Re: Trade Talk (Part Five) 

Post#61 » by UnFadeable21 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:39 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:Need to trade for Aaron Gordon or even Larry Nance with 17 and Johnson.

Take LaMelo at 1

DLO
Lamelo
Layman
Gordon/Nance
Towns

Culver
Beasley
Okogie
Juancho
Naz

Let’s play!
Yes another Nance fan.

Sent from my SM-N970U using RealGM mobile app

Wolves need rebounding, defense and a guy who can slam!
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,764

Post#62 » by Slim Tubby » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:44 pm

I think everyone knows by now that I think Wiseman is the “no brainer” pick for this team considering we’re still a couple years away from really making a run so I propose this challenge to the board because I’m struggling to come up with something myself. How do we use #1 and other remaining trade assets to walk away from this draft with 2 Lottery picks?

Can you imagine coming out with both Avdija and Okongwu just as an example?

C Towns
PF Okongwu
SF Avdija
SG Beasley (might have to be used in S&T)
PG Russell

C Reid
PF Layman
SF Culver
SG Okogie
PG Free Agent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Re: Trade Talk (Part Four) 

Post#63 » by Jedzz » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:08 am

Baseline81 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:It's not an honest question. It's a way to disregard someone's opinion without actually talking about the player we are talking about. It's also a way to avoid the question posed to you.

This claim that Culver carried his team because he was so great died on a pole of hope this past year. As I stated, plenty of players in this draft were everything to their team's successes in college. Maybe you need to watch them and think about Culver's play in college and now the NBA when you are watching.

I've had all summer to watch plenty of games when I can find them. More then I usually have since I'm not a feverish college sports fan and this summer being unique. Usually there is a reason for me to seek them out. If I see particular play in a youtube highlights that interest me, If random stats searching I come across something interesting on a player I'll go seek out their games I can find to further confirm. If someone here presents something I haven't seen about a player, I'll go dig. etc...

I've seen Edward's games. The few Wiseman games and even his play going back to 2016-17-18 at other ball events. Sitting through wasted minutes or hours just to catch rare glimpses of him. I've seen a couple Ball highschool games or what is on youtube for those. I've avoided the Aussie league games as I don't think I would be able to compare that to anything. There's your top 3 you are so keen on. Happy now? I would be more interested in someone pointing out players that might be good but aren't going to be drafted.

You were discussing Culver with Neeva. I merely responded because you wouldn't answer his question regarding how often you watched these prospects. As such, I'm not sure what you posed to him or her.

I watched several games of Edwards during the college season. Living in the Southeast you get plenty of ACC and SEC games. From what the so-called experts say, I think their scouting report is fair, and therefore, I trust what they have written about other prospects. With Wiseman's short Memphis stint, I wasn't able to catch any of his games. Through Facebook Watch I did see a couple Ball games. Again, what's been written and said on him I agree with.

That's great that you believe the hype. Good for you, all is right with your world. We who had to watch, say Edwards' games, after the fact gain no weaker insight from it. If anything we might gain more, as it was the sole individual purpose of watching the games for some of us. I don't watch college ball for entertainment. Maybe I should watch that instead and bail on this team and league.

Neeva's quesion for me was exactly what I described it as. A way for him to bail out of a conversation.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,262

Post#64 » by Baseline81 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:24 am

Jedzz wrote:That's great that you believe the hype. Good for you, all is right with your world. We who had to watch, say Edwards' games, after the fact gain no weaker insight from it. If anything we might gain more, as it was the sole individual purpose of watching the games for some of us. I don't watch college ball for entertainment. Maybe I should watch that instead and bail on this team and league.

Neeva's quesion for me was exactly what I described it as. A way for him to bail out of a conversation.

How to the underline?

I watched enough Georgia games to where I felt I was able to get a good read on Edwards (strengths and weaknesses). The fact that others had the same conclusion does not make me believe their hype.

You're free to have your own opinion.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#65 » by Jedzz » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:45 am

Baseline81 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:That's great that you believe the hype. Good for you, all is right with your world. We who had to watch, say Edwards' games, after the fact gain no weaker insight from it. If anything we might gain more, as it was the sole individual purpose of watching the games for some of us. I don't watch college ball for entertainment. Maybe I should watch that instead and bail on this team and league.

How to the underline?

I watched enough Georgia games to where I felt I was able to get a good read on Edwards (strengths and weaknesses). The fact that others had the same conclusion does not make me believe their hype.

You're free to have your own opinion.
Good to know, that I'm free to. You never know these days who you are talking to.

You'll have to excuse me for biting on your words at times. It's a bad habit I picked up from a bot named Klomp.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#66 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:26 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:Need to trade for Aaron Gordon or even Larry Nance with 17 and Johnson.

Take LaMelo at 1

DLO
Lamelo
Layman
Gordon/Nance
Towns

Culver
Beasley
Okogie
Juancho
Naz

Let’s play!
Yes another Nance fan.

Sent from my SM-N970U using RealGM mobile app

Wolves need rebounding, defense and a guy who can slam!

Nance can do all that plus pass and shoot threes. He can play SF, PF, or C. He would be ideal to take either our PF or SF spots.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#67 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:27 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:I think everyone knows by now that I think Wiseman is the “no brainer” pick for this team considering we’re still a couple years away from really making a run so I propose this challenge to the board because I’m struggling to come up with something myself. How do we use #1 and other remaining trade assets to walk away from this draft with 2 Lottery picks?

C Towns
PF Okongwu
SF Avdija
PG Russell

C Reid
PF Layman
SF Culver
SG Okogie
PG Free Agent?

Man would I love getting those two. It's not going to happen.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,262

Post#68 » by Baseline81 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:46 pm

Jordan met with Edwards yesterday.
Read on Twitter
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,193

Post#69 » by Neeva » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:51 pm

Hornets can have edwards if they send 3/Washington.
Slim Tubby
Starter

Post#70 » by Slim Tubby » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:03 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:I think everyone knows by now that I think Wiseman is the “no brainer” pick for this team considering we’re still a couple years away from really making a run so I propose this challenge to the board because I’m struggling to come up with something myself. How do we use #1 and other remaining trade assets to walk away from this draft with 2 Lottery picks?

C Towns
PF Okongwu
SF Avdija
PG Russell

C Reid
PF Layman
SF Culver
SG Okogie
PG Free Agent?

Agreed....I know you like both guys like I do but if you had to choose one for the Wolves, who would you pick?

KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#71 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:05 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

C Towns
PF Okongwu
SF Avdija
PG Russell

C Reid
PF Layman
SF Culver
SG Okogie
PG Free Agent?

Agreed....I know you like both guys like I do but if you had to choose one for the Wolves, who would you pick?

Right now OO is #2 on my Wolves board and Avdija is #3 so it would be Double O.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#72 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:07 pm

Neeva wrote:Hornets can have edwards if they send 3/Washington.

Hornets fans I know on RealGM would not trade Washington straight up for #1 pick and if they did trade for #1 Wiseman would be the man.

Here's there big board through 10.

With the draft just over a month away I thought it a good time to get our big board up and going for this year.

We'll keep each picks thread open for a few days before I or another mod tally the votes, lock the thread and open the next pick thread.

Pick #1 = Wiseman (37% out of 30 total votes)
Pick #2 = Okongwu (48% out of 27 total votes)
Pick #3 = Edwards (45% out of 20 total votes)
Pick #4 = Ball (37% out of 27 total votes)
Pick #5 = Hayes (46% out of 26 total votes)
Pick #6 = Haliburton (48% out of 25 total votes)
Pick #7 = Avdija (58% out of 17 total votes)
Pick #8 = Vassell (42% out of 22 total votes)
Pick #9 = Okoro (56% out of 18 total votes)
Pick #10 = Williams (29% out of 17 total votes)

I'm a bit surprised by how low Avdija is to them.
Slim Tubby
Starter

Post#73 » by Slim Tubby » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:11 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Man would I love getting those two. It's not going to happen.

We should be a pair of socks because my personal Top 3 is an exact match.

KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#74 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:13 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:Agreed....I know you like both guys like I do but if you had to choose one for the Wolves, who would you pick?

:D How do you know? I didn't say who I had at #1. :lol:
Slim Tubby
Starter

Post#75 » by Slim Tubby » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:02 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Right now OO is #2 on my Wolves board and Avdija is #3 so it would be Double O.

:D How do you know? I didn't say who I had at #1. :lol:

Well played, sir.

twolves31
Junior
And1: 255

Post#76 » by twolves31 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:24 pm

KGdaBom wrote:

Hornets fans I know on RealGM would not trade Washington straight up for #1 pick and if they did trade for #1 Wiseman would be the man.

With the draft just over a month away I thought it a good time to get our big board up and going for this year.

We'll keep each picks thread open for a few days before I or another mod tally the votes, lock the thread and open the next pick thread.

Owners and GM's don't always do what the overwhelming majority think they should. Jordan like the Wolves have made a lot of bad moves over the years so you really never know. I guarantee most Wolves fans wanted Curry or Derozan over Flynn. If Edwards came into his practice motivated hitting his shots, hustling and Jordan sees a little of himself in Edwards he will do what it takes to get him.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#77 » by SO_MONEY » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:53 pm

twolves31 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

Owners and GM's don't always do what the overwhelming majority think they should. Jordan like the Wolves have made a lot of bad moves over the years so you really never know. I guarantee most Wolves fans wanted Curry or Derozan over Flynn. If Edwards came into his practice motivated hitting his shots, hustling and Jordan sees a little of himself in Edwards he will do what it takes to get him.

The thing is MN wouldn't necessarily trade down to #3 if they weren't guaranteed one of Ball or Edwards being there for a second move down. Of course that might change if they really like Washington, but I don't think he would be offered to begin with. I think Bridges is more realistic. That said a 3-team deal with CHR looks like a possibility.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#78 » by Jedzz » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:00 am

C Towns
PF Okongwu
SF Avdija
PG Russell

C Reid
PF Layman
SF Culver
SG Okogie
PG Free Agent?

Great plan. Unless Avdija turns into worse then Bjelica and Okongwu ends up a worse shoter than Dieng was.

From what I've seen Okongwu was a more aggressive above the basket offense net player in college than say Dieng was in college. Defensively I don't think he was more impressive in college than Dieng was. Of course Dieng had inches of height and like 3 inches of wingspan reach over Okongwu. I wish Okongwu would have shot more than 4 total 3pt shots in college so we could know if he can at all. If he was a threat from 3 and could also barrel in at the net and throw a two hander down that scares everyone out of the lane it would be great. Didn't he lead the pac12 in offensive rebounds? Or was that someone else?
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#79 » by KGdaBom » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:16 am

SO_MONEY wrote:
twolves31 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Hornets fans I know on RealGM would not trade Washington straight up for #1 pick and if they did trade for #1 Wiseman would be the man.

The thing is MN wouldn't necessarily trade down to #3 if they weren't guaranteed one of Ball or Edwards being there for a second move down. Of course that might change if they really like Washington, but I don't think he would be offered to begin with. I think Bridges is more realistic. That said a 3-team deal with CHR looks like a possibility.

Close to zero is the amount of interest I have in Bridges.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#80 » by minimus » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:29 am

Read on Twitter

Not sure how feasible it is, but. Bam signs 100mil/4yrs extension. Then S&T for #1 pick, Culver?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves