Official Anthony Edwards Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#1001 » by Jedzz » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:18 pm

Klomp wrote:
Jedzz wrote:Hard to tell if Marney needs to cut him off for time or if she's trying to save him from himself and saying something he shouldnt.

She lost all video and audio in the middle of the interview, so she thought he was done with his answer.
ah that explains better. Ant I think says "oh sh" when she abruptly cuts him. He loves to talk on man. Get him a realGM wecam and mic and let him roll. He was about to tell us the plans he and Kat have.
Playmaker17
Ballboy
And1: 33

Post#1002 » by Playmaker17 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:42 pm

Klomp wrote:
Jedzz wrote:Hard to tell if Marney needs to cut him off for time or if she's trying to save him from himself and saying something he shouldnt.

She lost all video and audio in the middle of the interview, so she thought he was done with his answer.

Statements like this make me question the integrity of this forum. Every other post is a personal attack on Anthony Edwards. I can only assume his inner city vernacular has fooled you into thinking the man is dumb. He isn’t. Grow up. The dude is averaging over 20 ppg since becoming a starter and all y’all do is bash him. He plays for your team, moron. Support him. He is the only player on the team capable of taking over completely a dragging his team to a win. This is a pathetic thread and says slot about the fans in this particular forum
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1003 » by Jedzz » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:54 pm

Playmaker17 wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Statements like this make me question the integrity of this forum. Every other post is a personal attack on Anthony Edwards. I can only assume his inner city vernacular has fooled you into thinking the man is dumb. He isn’t. Grow up. The dude is averaging over 20 ppg since becoming a starter and all y’all do is bash him. He plays for your team, moron. Support him. He is the only player on the team capable of taking over completely a dragging his team to a win. This is a pathetic thread and says slot about the fans in this particular forum

Oh please. Have you seen all his interviews? He brings this upon himself. Just like I bring such response back in kind for posting a few too many stupid thoughts myself. The difference? I can accept I got it wrong and admit it. We have a rookie running roughshod over our team's season this year and he can do no wrong in his mind. He's got plenty...plenty to learn yet.
AbeVigodaLive
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,398

Post#1004 » by AbeVigodaLive » Thu Apr 1, 2021 7:06 pm

Playmaker17 wrote:
Klomp wrote:

First day of posting?

Burner account?

:o
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,702

Post#1005 » by thinktank » Thu Apr 1, 2021 7:50 pm

Jedzz wrote:
Playmaker17 wrote:
Klomp wrote:She lost all video and audio in the middle of the interview, so she thought he was done with his answer.

Oh please. Have you seen all his interviews? He brings this upon himself. Just like I bring such response back in kind for posting a few too many stupid thoughts myself. The difference? I can accept I got it wrong and admit it. We have a rookie running roughshod over our team's season this year and he can do no wrong in his mind. He's got plenty...plenty to learn yet.

There’s a difference between:

“Did Marnie cut him off because Edwards is about to say something dumb”

And

“Edwards has a lot to learn”
"a poor addition to the board"
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,823

Post#1006 » by Klomp » Thu Apr 1, 2021 7:57 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Playmaker17
Ballboy
And1: 33

Post#1007 » by Playmaker17 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 9:07 pm

Jedzz wrote:
Playmaker17 wrote:
Klomp wrote:She lost all video and audio in the middle of the interview, so she thought he was done with his answer.

You are the reason I created an account. The moron de jour, leading all your little junkies in this forum in your crusade to marginalize a 19 year old kid. This kid has already accomplished more in his life than most ever will. Your ignorance about Edwards snd where he grew up clearly shows here. How he talks and acts is authentic. It’s where he grew up. You foolishly hold this against the young man. It’s pathetic and borderline racist unless I miss my mark on you. Grow up. Root for your team....cheer for Ant. If you can’t do it, I pity you
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1008 » by Jedzz » Thu Apr 1, 2021 9:25 pm

Playmaker17 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Playmaker17 wrote:

You are the reason I created an account. The moron de jour, leading all your little junkies in this forum in your crusade to marginalize a 19 year old kid. This kid has already accomplished more in his life than most ever will. Your ignorance about Edwards snd where he grew up clearly shows here. How he talks and acts is authentic. It’s where he grew up. You foolishly hold this against the young man. It’s pathetic and borderline racist unless I miss my mark regarding you. Grow up. Root for your team....cheer for Ant. If you can’t do it, I pity you

There is nothing racist about noticing him shooting 31 times a couple days after his coach tells the public he wants him on a ratio of more net driving than chucking. Nothing racist about him acting overly confident about everything. He's just young and nobody ever said he wasn't. Exuberant, great. Excited to play, great. Claiming when his shots start going in we "won't be talking about this stuff anymore"...needs to be reeled in. I'm guessing you've seen all his interviews by now. Show one ounce of realization that you are a rookie and you have things to learn yet before you actually deserve those starting minutes and some of the things he is claiming. Because even this bad record team has three other players that shoot with higher consistency and percentage. Learn to use them. The other night, he made the right decision using Beasley. We are going to have to see more of that.

There is nothing wrong with someone with the team or around him giving him a heads up about some of what he's saying either. You want me to cheer for him, I want starters who know when to pass and when to shoot. I want Pro's starting. I happen to believe the drafting of him, in the role he demands to play, and then starting him basically ruined the season for the timberwolves. So excuse me for not being excited about it. You can believe what you want. That's more on Rosas and that's who I've complained about more. Edwards is just who he is as a young guy, this much I understand. And maybe you haven't been around here enough to see them, but I've posted recognition of how quickly he can build up the scoring. I think we can all see that potential. It's just not starter consistent. So on a scale of a highschool player to Lebron James, where do you think he falls in line? You tell me. That's where I think his confidence and claims should fall inline.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1009 » by Jedzz » Thu Apr 1, 2021 9:30 pm

thinktank wrote:

And

Why would you be comparing the two? The two things had nothing to do with the other. One is about a funny event on tv. The other was in response to a post here. unrelated.

You also apparently missed my response to Klomps correcting me.

[/quote] ah that explains better. Ant I think says "oh sh" when she abruptly cuts him. [/quote]

Post back when Edwards shows you a moment when he realizes or admits he was doing something wrong.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1010 » by Jedzz » Thu Apr 1, 2021 9:31 pm

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Playmaker17 wrote:

First day of posting?

Burner account?

:o

Someone isn't happy. Don't criticize the young players I guess! That means all of you hating on JMac too.... :evil:
TheProdigy
Starter
And1: 1,015

Post#1011 » by TheProdigy » Thu Apr 1, 2021 9:40 pm

Playmaker17 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Playmaker17 wrote:

You are the reason I created an account. The moron de jour, leading all your little junkies in this forum in your crusade to marginalize a 19 year old kid. This kid has already accomplished more in his life than most ever will. Your ignorance about Edwards snd where he grew up clearly shows here. How he talks and acts is authentic. It’s where he grew up. You foolishly hold this against the young man. It’s pathetic and borderline racist unless I miss my mark on you. Grow up. Root for your team....cheer for Ant. If you can’t do it, I pity you

Borderline racist? In the words of Cris Carter: COME ON MAN!
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1012 » by Jedzz » Thu Apr 1, 2021 11:19 pm

TheProdigy wrote:
Playmaker17 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

Borderline racist? In the words of Cris Carter: COME ON MAN!

You know who may be racist? The person claiming I was for being critical about a player that needs to get better to deserve his current role handed to him. Oh wait, no he/she claimed I just don't accept how he talks because he's from where ever he is from. I don't even know where he is from. Ant probably is a better speaker infront of a camera than I am. I would clam right up from being nervous and he looks naturally ok with it. Charisma I think Marney called it. Humble is another word I know. Making the young guys work for it is a phrase I know. I don't care. This has nothing to do with "how he talks" or "where he grew up". Authentic? Where I am from it's just called talking without a filter and not knowing everything you should before you make all sorts of claims. Sure I post without much of a filter. But nobody is paying me 10 million to post better about the Timberwolves. Personally I like having conversations with no filter pricks who are straight with you. But they also aren't acting like they have already arrived at their best and we should stop criticing them. Well some do and we don't mince words.

I've questioned Karl Towns for claiming they would be going to the playoffs before and after each of his first couple years. I must have been racist about that. He learned not to claim that anymore. Maybe it was when he realized he wasn't good enough to take them there all by himself just yet like he may have thought back then. Towns also was starting right away and I also wanted him to know how much more he had to do in order to serve up those claims.

I've questioned Andrew Wiggins fear of contact around the rim, his game IQ, his desire to be his best. Another player with instant starts. Go figure, another #1 pick getting free starts. But I could never question much of what he said because he always remained calm and said the right things. Aside for maybe once a claim about earning allstar one day or something or other. The media couldn't get him to say anything bad about Butler, nothing. If Wiggins earned any respect from me in all his years here it was how well he avoided the interview traps.

I'll root for whoever I feel like deserves it. If I'm anything I'm consistent about my disgust for free starts for top pick players. Jaden McDaniels is the prize of this draft for MN as I see it so far. Said so back in December or early January and he's done nothing but keep proving it.
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,702

Post#1013 » by thinktank » Thu Apr 1, 2021 11:41 pm

Jedzz wrote:
thinktank wrote:

And

Why would you be comparing the two? The two things had nothing to do with the other. One is about a funny event on tv. The other was in response to a post here. unrelated.

You also apparently missed my response to Klomps correcting me.

Post back when Edwards shows you a moment when he realizes or admits he was doing something wrong.

The game before this Edwards said he blamed himself for the loss and he played like ****.

Your two comments were related because your second was a response to a reply about your first comment.

You have not demonstrated that you are an objective poster.
"a poor addition to the board"
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1014 » by Jedzz » Fri Apr 2, 2021 12:15 am

thinktank wrote:
Your two comments were related because your second was a response to a reply about your first comment.

You have not demonstrated that you are an objective poster.

:lol: Hi think tank. The guy that tried to shun me for wanting to draft Haliburton or S. Bey. I must be racist.

You have not demonstrated that you are an objective poster, pal.

Still would have drated them btw.

The two comments aren't related. You are just searching for something to try and shun me with again. I swear, there are more grown men that hold grudges here for being questioned than you can probably find anywhere. The use of the word "objective" just randomly used in this topic now tells me exactly where your pain still stems from. How does what we are talking about now have anything to do with being objective. Clearly I can't stand that we drafted Ant Edwards to play Harden Point here and that he's been everything I claimed he would be since last summer. Nobody is being objective about that either.

Regarding the question I posted asking if that was one of two reasons I could think of for it being cut off, Yes, that came to mind for me because his previous interviews were off the charts with him willing to say anything. And that interview...he had just started blurting out what he and Karl discussed after a game with Lebron. We were just about to get the goods! Then Marney cuts him off. I wanted to hear it. So then it was just me in the moment thinking maybe she cut him off. Didn't even occur to me what really happened until Klomp let me know. You see I can be humble, honest. I'm not here to win the internet against you think tank. Ant's remark in that moment was odd and precious and might have thrown me off as much as anything. He had something good to share that we just don't typically get from players about internal talks.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1015 » by Jedzz » Fri Apr 2, 2021 12:57 am

There is a realGM news post about Ant and LeMelo getting March players of the month.
Who was better?

Edwards: (1.4583 points per minute played/g)
35 min / 21.1 FGA / .423 FG% / 8.7 3FGA / .301 3FG% / .738 FT% / 5.5 rebound / 2.5 ast / 1.6 steal / 24 pts

LaMelo: (1.4972 points per minute played/g)
27.7 min / 13.6 FGA / .486 FG% / 5.4 3FGA / .465 3FG% / .733 FT% / 5.3 rebound / 5.4 ast / 1.8 steal / 18.5 pts
coolcono
Senior
And1: 115

Post#1016 » by coolcono » Fri Apr 2, 2021 1:59 am

Jedzz wrote:There is a realGM news post about Ant and LeMelo getting March players of the month.
Who was better?

35 min / 21.1 FGA / .423 FG% / 8.7 3FGA / .301 3FG% / .738 FT% / 5.5 rebound / 2.5 ast / 1.6 steal / 24 pts

27.7 min / 13.6 FGA / .486 FG% / 5.4 3FGA / .465 3FG% / .733 FT% / 5.3 rebound / 5.4 ast / 1.8 steal / 18.5 pts

I am not sure how to do the math, but how would you omit three point attempts from those statistics?
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1017 » by Jedzz » Fri Apr 2, 2021 3:55 am

coolcono wrote:
Jedzz wrote:There is a realGM news post about Ant and LeMelo getting March players of the month.
Who was better?

I am not sure how to do the math, but how would you omit three point attempts from those statistics?

Looking for 2pt FG%?

Edwards 12.4 2FGA 51% avg
LaMelo 8.2 2FGA 49% avg

Someone can check my math but I think that's roughly the average on 2s in March. Edwards might have a mean of 60% on 2s.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1018 » by Jedzz » Fri Apr 2, 2021 4:22 am

Playmaker17 wrote:
Statements like this make me question the integrity of this forum.

Go april fools elsewhere anyway. The integrity of the forum doesn't ride on free marketing the team like cheerleaders.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1019 » by Jedzz » Fri Apr 2, 2021 4:42 am

Playmaker17 wrote:He is the only player on the team capable of taking over completely a dragging his team to a win.

Fail. I know this isn't Edwards but it's someone close to him or it's April fools from someone here.

And we have karch34, Klomp, urinesane, thinktank, K4P licking the like button.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,526

Post#1020 » by Note30 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 7:40 pm

[youtube]https://youtube.com/shorts/RVh9Rf0aa20[/youtube]

https://youtube.com/shorts/RVh9Rf0aa20

Ant got so much dawg in him, can't remember ever seeing that in Wiggins
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves