ImageImageImage

Official Anthony Edwards Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Calinks, Worm Guts

KGdaBom
RealGM
Posts: 11,652
And1: 2,389
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#121 » by KGdaBom » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:38 pm

karch34 wrote:The more you think about his personal life and horrible loss at a young age, switching to basketball in high school, and forgoing Sr. year to play in college, and so on, there's a lot of reasons to root for this kid aside from him being on our team. I think if we set the right structure to help support and develop him he's going to be a very good player.

The Sky is the only limit on him. Think that Ball is probably 10 times as experienced. How much room does Edwards have to grow?
minimus
General Manager
Posts: 8,606
And1: 2,215
Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Location: Germany, Stuttgart area
 

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#122 » by minimus » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:37 pm

Read on Twitter


One thing AW never really cared of. Imagine high PnR, and Antman drags KATs man away from Karl, then rolls to the basket and finishes with dunk.
mercgold3
General Manager
Posts: 8,745
And1: 2,821
Joined: Nov 21, 2013
   

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#123 » by mercgold3 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:14 pm

Read on Twitter
User avatar
b7s4
Ballboy
Posts: 37
And1: 17
Joined: Jun 26, 2015
     

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#124 » by b7s4 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:19 am

Read on Twitter
younggunsmn
Analyst
Posts: 3,735
And1: 246
Joined: May 28, 2007
Location: Hiding from the thought police.

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#125 » by younggunsmn » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:08 am

twix2500
RealGM
Posts: 16,996
And1: 12,584
Joined: Dec 25, 2003
   

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#126 » by twix2500 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:57 pm

How many years do you think it will take for Edwards to develop? Give me your expected timeline.
minimus
General Manager
Posts: 8,606
And1: 2,215
Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Location: Germany, Stuttgart area
 

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#127 » by minimus » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:00 pm

twix2500 wrote:How many years do you think it will take for Edwards to develop? Give me your expected timeline.


We will win NBA championship this season, Edwards retires from basketball and plays in NFL.
TheZachAttack
Pro Prospect
Posts: 791
And1: 625
Joined: Jul 23, 2014
       

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#128 » by TheZachAttack » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:07 pm

minimus wrote:
Read on Twitter


One thing AW never really cared of. Imagine high PnR, and Antman drags KATs man away from Karl, then rolls to the basket and finishes with dunk.


The quote about AE’s love for setting screens is the benefit of drafting a player who wishes he was a football player :) He likes contact and physicality !
wesleyt95
Rookie
Posts: 1,158
And1: 277
Joined: Sep 23, 2018
 

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#129 » by wesleyt95 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:47 pm

Edwards only did 3 years of high school, he went to UGA a year early and still led the nation in scoring... His body is more nba ready than half of the guys already in the nba, i think we should just sit back and watch
KGdaBom wrote:
karch34 wrote:The more you think about his personal life and horrible loss at a young age, switching to basketball in high school, and forgoing Sr. year to play in college, and so on, there's a lot of reasons to root for this kid aside from him being on our team. I think if we set the right structure to help support and develop him he's going to be a very good player.

The Sky is the only limit on him. Think that Ball is probably 10 times as experienced. How much room does Edwards have to grow?


Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
KGdaBom
RealGM
Posts: 11,652
And1: 2,389
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#130 » by KGdaBom » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:35 pm

twix2500 wrote:How many years do you think it will take for Edwards to develop? Give me your expected timeline.

1 year to develop to the point of being a positive starting contributor. 3 years to develop into superstar.
jpatrick
Veteran
Posts: 2,829
And1: 720
Joined: May 30, 2007
 

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#131 » by jpatrick » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:41 pm

wesleyt95 wrote:Edwards only did 3 years of high school, he went to UGA a year early and still led the nation in scoring... His body is more nba ready than half of the guys already in the nba, i think we should just sit back and watch
KGdaBom wrote:
karch34 wrote:The more you think about his personal life and horrible loss at a young age, switching to basketball in high school, and forgoing Sr. year to play in college, and so on, there's a lot of reasons to root for this kid aside from him being on our team. I think if we set the right structure to help support and develop him he's going to be a very good player.

The Sky is the only limit on him. Think that Ball is probably 10 times as experienced. How much room does Edwards have to grow?


Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app


Definitely didn’t lead the nation in scoring. May have been the top freshman scorer, not sure.

As everyone’s said, he has all the physical tools. If he proves to be a hard worker in games and in the offseason (anti-Wiggins) and improves his BBIQ, the sky really is the limit. I’m guarded though.
Slim Tubby
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,323
And1: 755
Joined: Jun 03, 2017
         

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#132 » by Slim Tubby » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:20 pm

I watched the Wolves press conference with Anthony and Jaden. McDaniels looked like he was in front of a firing squad but Edwards was relaxed, cool as a cucumber and very engaged. I wanted Wiseman but I feel better about the Edwards pick now than I did a day after the draft.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
minimus
General Manager
Posts: 8,606
And1: 2,215
Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Location: Germany, Stuttgart area
 

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#133 » by minimus » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:23 pm

While Edwards has yet to lift 50 times his bodyweight — as ants are reputed to be capable of — he has impressed Bulldogs head coach Tom Crean.

“We vertical jump tested the other day, and with no training he jumped 42 inches,” Crean said on Thursday’s SEC coaches teleconference.

“We do a bike sprint test at the end of a full workout — how quick can you get a half mile in on a stationary bike — and he gets it in 50 seconds,” Crean said. “Our strength coaches have never seen anything like it, and he never stands up, he sits on the bike, he’s so strong and powerful.”


Holy cow! 19yo, 6'6", 6'10" wingspan, 230lbs AND 42" vertical!!!

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/georgia-uga-tom-crean-anthony-edwards-antman-superhero-strength
Slim Tubby
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,323
And1: 755
Joined: Jun 03, 2017
         

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#134 » by Slim Tubby » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:41 pm

minimus wrote:
While Edwards has yet to lift 50 times his bodyweight — as ants are reputed to be capable of — he has impressed Bulldogs head coach Tom Crean.

“We vertical jump tested the other day, and with no training he jumped 42 inches,” Crean said on Thursday’s SEC coaches teleconference.

“We do a bike sprint test at the end of a full workout — how quick can you get a half mile in on a stationary bike — and he gets it in 50 seconds,” Crean said. “Our strength coaches have never seen anything like it, and he never stands up, he sits on the bike, he’s so strong and powerful.”


Holy cow! 19yo, 6'6", 6'10" wingspan, 230lbs AND 42" vertical!!!

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/georgia-uga-tom-crean-anthony-edwards-antman-superhero-strength

Minimus...you might need a cold shower.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
minimus
General Manager
Posts: 8,606
And1: 2,215
Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Location: Germany, Stuttgart area
 

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#135 » by minimus » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:44 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:
minimus wrote:
While Edwards has yet to lift 50 times his bodyweight — as ants are reputed to be capable of — he has impressed Bulldogs head coach Tom Crean.

“We vertical jump tested the other day, and with no training he jumped 42 inches,” Crean said on Thursday’s SEC coaches teleconference.

“We do a bike sprint test at the end of a full workout — how quick can you get a half mile in on a stationary bike — and he gets it in 50 seconds,” Crean said. “Our strength coaches have never seen anything like it, and he never stands up, he sits on the bike, he’s so strong and powerful.”


Holy cow! 19yo, 6'6", 6'10" wingspan, 230lbs AND 42" vertical!!!

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/georgia-uga-tom-crean-anthony-edwards-antman-superhero-strength

Minimus...you might need a cold shower.


I know, but in after all these Wiseman/Ball threads/discussion/rumours, I completely forgot to check Edwards vertical... It does not disappoint!
Neeva
Analyst
Posts: 3,299
And1: 1,070
Joined: Jun 03, 2016

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#136 » by Neeva » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:47 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:I watched the Wolves press conference with Anthony and Jaden. McDaniels looked like he was in front of a firing squad but Edwards was relaxed, cool as a cucumber and very engaged. I wanted Wiseman but I feel better about the Edwards pick now than I did a day after the draft.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Antman had a live workout on espn despite being a shoe in top three pick. Antman has balls and is cool as ice.
theGreatRC
RealGM
Posts: 17,499
And1: 4,013
Joined: Oct 12, 2006
Location: California
 

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#137 » by theGreatRC » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:13 pm

Yeah, he is a cool dude and seems like nothing phases him..

I would say Wiggins was like that, but Wiggins wasn't that cool, he just wasn't phased by anything lol
2020 Wolves will make the playoffs
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 55,968
And1: 12,104
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#138 » by Klomp » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:52 pm



There are 217 players who appeared in an NBA game last year who are 6-foot-5 or shorter. Only seven of them weighed more than 225 lbs. The two you know about are PJ Tucker (6-5, 245 lbs) and Malcolm Brogdon (6-5, 229 lbs). Now imagine if Tucker or Brogdon had a 42-inch vertical.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 55,968
And1: 12,104
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#139 » by Klomp » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:27 am

One thing that I believe gets lost in the shuffle.....he just turned 19 in August. In a normal year, he'd still be 18 this soon after the draft.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Nick K
Starter
Posts: 2,086
And1: 521
Joined: Nov 23, 2016
       

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#140 » by Nick K » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:48 am

DaMplsKid wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:
D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:lol saunders

What up brother?

Read on Twitter
?s=21


Yeah, I'm cringing at Rosas repeatedly telling Edwards he's gotta get to work now. Edwards ain't stupid, he knows everybody's saying he doesn't have the required work ethic, he knows he's gotta prove 'em wrong, so you don't need to show you bought into the prejudice. If he doesn't put in the work, it's not gonna be because Rosas forgot to tell him he's gotta work hard over the phone video call on the draft night.


REALLY??? I pretty sure "work" is the exact topic of conversation I want the GM saying to his employees. I am pretty sure when we traded for Rubio I bet the topic of work came up too. You guy's a grasping at straws here for real. Watch ever draft picks interview and I but some kind of variation of "let's work", "I can't wait to do work" comes up in every interview. Give it a rest be happy for the 'KID" and organization. What did you want/expect a 19 year kid who was just draft and 50 year GM talk about on the phone? f*cking stock and bonds :crazy:

:lol: :lol:

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves