Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,907

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#1281 » by Klomp » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:55 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:
Klomp wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Yet he's one of our less efficient players at the rim according to stats somebody posted here. It's coming though.

There were a lot of times especially early he was getting a rookie whistle. That should change. And guys were less willing to challenge at the rim late in the season as they were early.

If memory serves me right someone put a thread together of noteworthy no calls on poor Ant at some point on the Twitter. I’d have to look for it though.

I believe it was either Clips or Key on twitter.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
EPH93
Ballboy
And1: 13

Anthony Edwards makes it all worth it. 

Post#1282 » by EPH93 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:54 pm

He is pure joy & will be the best player in the NBA. Being a lifelong Minnesota Timberwolves fan has been trying but he makes it all worth it. Thanks ANT.
Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,700

Re: Anthony Edwards makes it all worth it. 

Post#1283 » by Shaka_Zulu » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:06 pm

Amen. Cant wait to watch his journey to superstardom.
Irishniner
Ballboy
And1: 23

Post#1284 » by Irishniner » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:23 pm

I'm hoping with better shooting role players around him, the driving lanes are a few feet wider and he can be an old skool drive to the rim SG who gets into the paint easier, as well as having a better shooting percentage from midrange and 3. He's looking taller and wider.

For years super athletic wings have been over drafted based on the idea that if it all clicks,you're going to have a MJ, Kobe, Dr J, Wade....a hyper athletic slasher who gets to the rim at will and scores a ton. I think Anthony can be the heir to the throne. He has the athletic gifts, the mentality and the handle, pacing on drives and improved finishing ability as the year went on, to hopefully be that guy.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#1285 » by Krapinsky » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:37 pm

:kiss
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#1286 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:51 pm

As bad as our team was last year, he was the only reason I kept watching.

I want him to be the next big thing too, but I am afraid Mn. will be too small for him and he will bolt for the big city.
LA will be bums in a few, and may need a new superstar. Hate to be a downer, but been a Wolves fan since 89.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#1287 » by KGdaBom » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:53 pm

Can we merge these into the official anthony edwards thread.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,320

Post#1288 » by Calinks » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:06 am

I need him to be an elite finisher. Then we can ride his coattails for a decade.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
flyindutchman
Ballboy
And1: 21

Post#1289 » by flyindutchman » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:57 pm

I truly hope he'll become the leader of the team by the break. I believe his genuine positivity will inspire KAT and others to be their best versions - so pretty much the anti-Jimmy. Let's go.
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#1290 » by UnFadeable21 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:04 pm

He has potential but he’s still a kid. He didn’t even know the Olympics were in Tokyo lol
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,966

Post#1291 » by Nick K » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:06 pm

EPH93 wrote:He is pure joy & will be the best player in the NBA. Being a lifelong Minnesota Timberwolves fan has been trying but he makes it all worth it. Thanks ANT.

I was at the Wolves 1st ever game. Hardly missed a game since. I've had plenty of favorites like Smitch, Googs, KG, Wally, Love and Ricky but Ant is already my favorite Wolves player of all time. Pure joy is right on. What a refreshing personality! Unbelievable raw talent and desire. I love this kid.
fattymcgee
Senior
And1: 274

Post#1292 » by fattymcgee » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:12 pm

Nick K wrote:
EPH93 wrote:He is pure joy & will be the best player in the NBA. Being a lifelong Minnesota Timberwolves fan has been trying but he makes it all worth it. Thanks ANT.

I was at the Wolves 1st ever game. Hardly missed a game since. I've had plenty of favorites like Smitch, Googs, KG, Wally, Love and Ricky but Ant is already my favorite Wolves player of all time. Pure joy is right on. What a refreshing personality! Unbelievable raw talent and desire. I love this kid.

He's already my #2, it's gonna be hard to unseat KG.
I do love this kid, I've got a total mancrush on A1. My wife is already making fun of me.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,599

Post#1293 » by shrink » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:05 pm

Nick K wrote:

I remember Wolves games in the dome too! Very cool you were at the first Wolves game ever!

So far, nothing can rival my love for the work effort of the young Kevin Garnett, but Ant is starting to give me those same warm fuzzies!
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,598

Post#1294 » by jpatrick » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:16 pm

Nick K wrote:

I so badly want Ant to explode into a star on the court. He is exactly what the NBA needs. A good kid with a huge personality that makes spectacular plays.

Those names remind me of how heartbroken I was that the KG/Googs/Marbury trio didn’t work. Also reminds me that as much of a train wreck Taylor has been as an owner, he saved MN basketball. Just prior, it was wrap that they were moving to New Orleans.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1295 » by KGdaBom » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:35 pm

shrink wrote:
Nick K wrote:

I remember Wolves games in the dome too! Very cool you were at the first Wolves game ever!

So far, nothing can rival my love for the work effort of the young Kevin Garnett, but Ant is starting to give me those same warm fuzzies!

I was not only at those games I was getting paid to be there. I was a vendor bringing ice cold coke to thirsty fans. My wife worked there also selling peanuts. Jimmy Jam always bought his peanuts from her and that annoyed her fan girl co workers.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,488

Post#1296 » by Wolveswin » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:41 pm

Anyone else tempted at thought of trading Towns (timing TBD) to fully build around Edwards and in doing so, anointing this his team 100%???
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1297 » by KGdaBom » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:46 pm

Wolveswin wrote:Anyone else tempted at thought of trading Towns (timing TBD) to fully build around Edwards and in doing so, anointing this his team 100%???

Not one tiny bit. I want KAT and Edwards not KAT or Edwards.
MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,076

Post#1298 » by MN7725 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:02 pm

Wolveswin wrote:Anyone else tempted at thought of trading Towns (timing TBD) to fully build around Edwards and in doing so, anointing this his team 100%???

What does that mean?

get a floor spacing big that will allow ANT to drive into the paint at will?
fattymcgee
Senior
And1: 274

Post#1299 » by fattymcgee » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:09 pm

MN7725 wrote:

What does that mean?

get a floor spacing big that will allow ANT to drive into the paint at will?

Yup. What a dumb idea.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#1300 » by theGreatRC » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:09 pm

Having one of the best shooting big men in NBA history that doesn't demand the ball be in his hands is not a complement to Ant?
Dysfunctional Wolves fan

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves