ImageImageImage

Official Anthony Edwards Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#141 » by Jedzz » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:08 am

twix2500 wrote:How many years do you think it will take for Edwards to develop? Give me your expected timeline.

After the Wolves go and steal whoever got Duncan and Tyler going so quickly from the Heat I would say very soon.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,371

Post#142 » by younggunsmn » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:13 am

Edwards reminds me of the basketball version of Adrian Peterson when he came out of college.
Just genetically gifted to be the perfect athlete, easy muscle and size/strength/speed at a very young age.

I also am 6'6 235 but in much different shape lol!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,864

Post#143 » by Klomp » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:20 am

Edwards has the body of Shabazz Muhammad and skillset of Zach LaVine, yet is most often compared to Andrew Wiggins
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
TheProdigy
Starter
And1: 1,015

Post#144 » by TheProdigy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:33 am

Klomp wrote:Edwards has the body of Shabazz Muhammad and skillset of Zach LaVine, yet is most often compared to Andrew Wiggins

Probably because people feel he has a similar mindset to Wiggins?
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,717

Post#145 » by minimus » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:23 am

TheProdigy wrote:
Klomp wrote:Edwards has the body of Shabazz Muhammad and skillset of Zach LaVine, yet is most often compared to Andrew Wiggins

Not even close. AW is soft, while AE enjoys physical battle
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,188

Post#146 » by Neeva » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:26 am

Yep, there is no way in hell Wiggins would like to play american football lol, much too scared and passive to get hit. Meanwhile Antman dreams of smashing into people on football field.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,297

Post#147 » by Calinks » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:16 am

It's not the biggest deal but one thing I am excited for is to see Edwards destroy people with dunks. That was so fun when Wiggins did it before he got old at the age of 21. Still a great mystery to me as to why Wiggins started refusing to dunk.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
minimus
RealGM

Post#148 » by minimus » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:39 am

Calinks wrote:It's not the biggest deal but one thing I am excited for is to see Edwards destroy people with dunks. That was so fun when Wiggins did it before he got old at the age of 21. Still a great mystery to me as to why Wiggins started refusing to dunk.

I would not underestimate this moment. We need our players to dunk regularly, it brings excitement, joy, energy. Actually I was always expecting MIN with Wiggins running in fastbreaks more, dunking over people, but I dont know why, it did not happen regularly. Even "undersized" Malik Beasley had a few exciting fastbreaks and dunks in MIN uniform last year. My guess is that it is hard for a wing without advanced dribbling to have many dunks when your PG is Jeff Teague.

How many dunks had Beasley last season?

Folklore
Senior
And1: 171

Post#149 » by Folklore » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:36 pm

DaMplsKid wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:
D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:lol saunders

What up brother?

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Yeah, I'm cringing at Rosas repeatedly telling Edwards he's gotta get to work now. Edwards ain't stupid, he knows everybody's saying he doesn't have the required work ethic, he knows he's gotta prove 'em wrong, so you don't need to show you bought into the prejudice. If he doesn't put in the work, it's not gonna be because Rosas forgot to tell him he's gotta work hard over the phone video call on the draft night.

REALLY??? I pretty sure "work" is the exact topic of conversation I want the GM saying to his employees. I am pretty sure when we traded for Rubio I bet the topic of work came up too. You guy's a grasping at straws here for real. Watch ever draft picks interview and I but some kind of variation of "let's work", "I can't wait to do work" comes up in every interview. Give it a rest be happy for the 'KID" and organization. What did you want/expect a 19 year kid who was just draft and 50 year GM talk about on the phone? f*cking stock and bonds :crazy:

A lot of people have strong opinions about that cal haha.Only people who have dealt with condescending people reacted to it in a negative way. The way Rosas came across made it seem like he's been screwing around this whole time. I'm not sure why this is lost to most of you.These are Athletes who already put in work to get to where they are. A player saying "I can't wait to hit the gym with my new team" is not the same as "I can't wait to do work" who tf says that anyway? You're reaching probably because you're a condescending do*che type too.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#150 » by Dewey » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:41 pm

Folklore wrote:
DaMplsKid wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:
Yeah, I'm cringing at Rosas repeatedly telling Edwards he's gotta get to work now. Edwards ain't stupid, he knows everybody's saying he doesn't have the required work ethic, he knows he's gotta prove 'em wrong, so you don't need to show you bought into the prejudice. If he doesn't put in the work, it's not gonna be because Rosas forgot to tell him he's gotta work hard over the phone video call on the draft night.

REALLY??? I pretty sure "work" is the exact topic of conversation I want the GM saying to his employees. I am pretty sure when we traded for Rubio I bet the topic of work came up too. You guy's a grasping at straws here for real. Watch ever draft picks interview and I but some kind of variation of "let's work", "I can't wait to do work" comes up in every interview. Give it a rest be happy for the 'KID" and organization. What did you want/expect a 19 year kid who was just draft and 50 year GM talk about on the phone? f*cking stock and bonds :crazy:

A lot of people have strong opinions about that cal haha.Only people who have dealt with condescending people reacted to it in a negative way. The way Rosas came across made it seem like he's been screwing around this whole time. I'm not sure why this is lost to most of you.These are Athletes who already put in work to get to where they are. A player saying "I can't wait to hit the gym with my new team" is not the same as "I can't wait to do work" who tf says that anyway? You're reaching probably because you're a condescending do*che type too.

Seems we’ve been invaded by a bunch of 8th grade girls
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Folklore
Senior
And1: 171

Post#151 » by Folklore » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:55 pm

Dewey wrote:
Folklore wrote:
DaMplsKid wrote:

Seems we’ve been invaded by a bunch of 8th grade girls

:lol: Alright pal
TwolvesFanRome
Bench Warmer
And1: 564

Post#152 » by TwolvesFanRome » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:09 pm

Edwards seems to me a mix between Oladipo e Westbrook... but maybe i am wrong...
"...I want to compliment him, we all expected that he would take up the game, we have prepared the plan race on him, we have doubled. And, as usual, he did what he wanted..."

Zelimir Obradovic, talking about Dejan Bodiroga
minimus
RealGM

Post#153 » by minimus » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:33 pm

TwolvesFanRome wrote:Edwards seems to me a mix between Oladipo e Westbrook... but maybe i am wrong...

No, it's Zion Williams and Wade
TheProdigy
Starter

Post#154 » by TheProdigy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:10 pm

minimus wrote:
TheProdigy wrote:

If that's the case, why did Edwards only average 5.3 free throw attempts in 33.0 minutes while Wiggins averaged 6.5 free throw attempts in 32.8 minutes (in college)? With Edwards' incredible brute strength and athleticism, wouldn't he live at the free throw line instead of settling for jump shots?
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#155 » by KGdaBom » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:18 pm

TheProdigy wrote:
minimus wrote:
TheProdigy wrote:Probably because people feel he has a similar mindset to Wiggins?

If that's the case, why did Edwards only average 5.3 free throw attempts in 33.0 minutes while Wiggins averaged 6.5 free throw attempts in 32.8 minutes (in college)? With Edwards' incredible brute strength and athleticism, wouldn't he live at the free throw line instead of settling for jump shots?

Hopefully it is a coaching thing and he will take better advantage once our staff works with him.
TheZachAttack
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,087

Post#156 » by TheZachAttack » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:28 pm

minimus wrote:
TheProdigy wrote:

The only validity of the comparison that I can see is a somewhat willingness to, at times, settle for jump shots instead of attack the basket with their athletic gifts. Edwards is much more physical and much more of a dog than Wiggins though.
TheProdigy
Starter

Post#157 » by TheProdigy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:38 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
TheProdigy wrote:
minimus wrote:

Hopefully it is a coaching thing and he will take better advantage once our staff works with him.

I think it's partially a result of Georgia's lack of shooters which led to clogged lanes. But even then, I'd expect Edwards to get to the line more than he did.

When I said Edwards and Wiggins mindset is similar, I wasn't even referring to their willingness to be physical. It was more about their heart / passion. Edwards is on record saying he doesn't like watching basketball and he'd rather be playing football. His film also shows a guy who is completely disinterested in playing defense at times. More times than not, guys like that fail to reach their potential.

I think the comparison is legitimate until Edwards proves otherwise.
minimus
RealGM

Post#158 » by minimus » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:51 pm

TheProdigy wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
TheProdigy wrote:If that's the case, why did Edwards only average 5.3 free throw attempts in 33.0 minutes while Wiggins averaged 6.5 free throw attempts in 32.8 minutes (in college)? With Edwards' incredible brute strength and athleticism, wouldn't he live at the free throw line instead of settling for jump shots?

I think it's partially a result of Georgia's lack of shooters which led to clogged lanes. But even then, I'd expect Edwards to get to the line more than he did.

When I said Edwards and Wiggins mindset is similar, I wasn't even referring to their willingness to be physical. It was more about their heart / passion. Edwards is on record saying he doesn't like watching basketball and he'd rather be playing football. His film also shows a guy who is completely disinterested in playing defense at times. More times than not, guys like that fail to reach their potential.

No, this comparison is not legitimate. Duncan did not want to play basketball, he wanted to swim. Arvidas Sabonis did not want to play basketball, his first coach went to his parents to force him. Iverson wanted to play football, instead of basketball.
TheProdigy
Starter

Post#159 » by TheProdigy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:01 pm

minimus wrote:
TheProdigy wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Hopefully it is a coaching thing and he will take better advantage once our staff works with him.

No, this comparison is not legitimate. Duncan did not want to play basketball, he wanted to swim. Arvidas Sabonis did not want to play basketball, his first coach went to his parents to force him. Iverson wanted to play football, instead of basketball.

Did any of those guys say something like they're not really into basketball or they can't watch basketball? You can still have passion for something even if it wasn't your first choice.
Read on Twitter
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#160 » by KGdaBom » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:17 pm

TheProdigy wrote:
minimus wrote:
TheProdigy wrote:I think it's partially a result of Georgia's lack of shooters which led to clogged lanes. But even then, I'd expect Edwards to get to the line more than he did.

Did any of those guys say something like they're not really into basketball or they can't watch basketball? You can still have passion for something even if it wasn't your first choice.
Read on Twitter

I've been following pro sports for 50 years and I've learned that what a player says is 100% irrelevant to what they do.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves