ImageImageImage

Official Anthony Edwards Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,764

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#341 » by Slim Tubby » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:26 pm

FinnTheHuman wrote:I'm waiting for just a bit larger sample size of Edwards playing amazingly to post a collection of quotes of Edwards doubters pre- and post-draft. Some crow is due to be eaten.

Why in the heck would you waste your energy on that, Finn? Have you also watched both of Wiseman’s games this season? He’s also going to pretty fricken’ good, too.

Throwing stones and insulting fellow fans on your own board because they disagree with your opinion is the type of behavior that should be relegated to the GB, if anywhere. Why would you want to waste your time on more negativity? Insecurities are very unbecoming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#342 » by FinnTheHuman » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:44 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:I'm waiting for just a bit larger sample size of Edwards playing amazingly to post a collection of quotes of Edwards doubters pre- and post-draft. Some crow is due to be eaten.

Why in the heck would you waste your energy on that, Finn? Have you also watched both of Wiseman’s games this season? He’s also going to pretty fricken’ good, too.

Throwing stones and insulting fellow fans on your own board because they disagree with your opinion is the type of behavior that should be relegated to the GB, if anywhere. Why would you want to waste your time on more negativity? Insecurities are very unbecoming.

You think we shouldn't revise people's opinions and predictions so that they wouldn't feel bad about being wrong? You won't learn a thing if you never get called out for being wrong, you should be happy that somebody's willing to point out that you misjudged. And yeah, I've watched Wiseman, he's completely lost defensively and although he showed solid shooting, he's not gonna be the same level player as Edwards, it's gonna be the Ayton/Doncic mistake that the Suns made, and that we avoided.
Slim Tubby
Starter

Post#343 » by Slim Tubby » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:49 pm

FinnTheHuman wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:

You think we shouldn't revise people's opinions and predictions so that they wouldn't feel bad about being wrong? You won't learn a thing if you never get called out for being wrong, you should be happy that somebody's willing to point out that you misjudged. And yeah, I've watched Wiseman, he's completely lost defensively and although he showed solid shooting, he's not gonna be the same level player as Edwards, it's gonna be the Ayton/Doncic mistake that the Suns made, and that we avoided.

Nothing cuter than someone who’s to immature to understand the difference between expressing an educated opinion versus stating something as fact. You better reinforce those glass windows, my friend.

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,348

Post#344 » by Calinks » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:52 pm

mercgold3 wrote:viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1349082&hilit=wiggins+the+andrew+wiggins+thread

Like i said...
Pretty much untouchable for the majority of this fan base until 2017 (Thats 3 seasons)

For a reason...

Let's pump the brakes on how Edwards is already showing better things than Wiggins after 2 RS games.

We cant even compare the roles, the hype, the spotlight etc etc etc.
All of this is good for Edwards btw...

Wow, back then I was obsessed with hoping Wiggins was not another Wesley Johnson, now I'm obsessed with hoping Edwards isn't another Wiggins. Some people don't change. Also, this organization has traumatized me with NBA wings.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant

Post#345 » by FinnTheHuman » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:53 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:Why in the heck would you waste your energy on that, Finn? Have you also watched both of Wiseman’s games this season? He’s also going to pretty fricken’ good, too.

Nothing cuter than someone who’s to immature to understand the difference between expressing an educated opinion versus stating something as fact. You better reinforce those glass windows, my friend.

Most of the Wiseman proponents were shoving him down people's throats while bashing Edwards, and not expressing balanced educated opinions.
Slim Tubby
Starter

Post#346 » by Slim Tubby » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:11 pm

FinnTheHuman wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:

Most of the Wiseman proponents were shoving him down people's throats while bashing Edwards, and not expressing balanced educated opinions.

I see you suffer from the dreaded “Selective Memory Disorder”. The majority of this board pounded on the few of us that promoted Wiseman as possibly the best talent AND need for this roster. Hell...there were more people pushing for Ball than Wiseman.

If you need to recreate history to support your own agendas , you better re-think your strategy. There isn’t a single poster on here that doesn’t want Ant to be a future HOF player yet you’ve somehow recreated the wheel for all of the of us to adore. Please...

FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant

Post#347 » by FinnTheHuman » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:19 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:
FinnTheHuman wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:Nothing cuter than someone who’s to immature to understand the difference between expressing an educated opinion versus stating something as fact. You better reinforce those glass windows, my friend.

I see you suffer from the dreaded “Selective Memory Disorder”. The majority of this board pounded on the few of us that promoted Wiseman as possibly the best talent AND need for this roster. Hell...there were more people pushing for Ball than Wiseman.

If you need to recreate history to support your own agendas , you better re-think your strategy. There isn’t a single poster on here that doesn’t want Ant to be a future HOF player yet you’ve somehow recreated the wheel for all of the of us to adore. Please...

There was a thread in which a poll took place and the votes were pretty evenly split between Wiseman and Edwards, so naaaah about the big majority for Edwards pounding on the few of you. And I don't think Wiseman proponents want Edwards to fail, I just think they don't feel amazing about the fact that they're gonna be wrong about something:)
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#348 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:24 pm

Calinks wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1349082&hilit=wiggins+the+andrew+wiggins+thread

Like i said...
Pretty much untouchable for the majority of this fan base until 2017 (Thats 3 seasons)

For a reason...

Let's pump the brakes on how Edwards is already showing better things than Wiggins after 2 RS games.

We cant even compare the roles, the hype, the spotlight etc etc etc.
All of this is good for Edwards btw...

Wow, back then I was obsessed with hoping Wiggins was not another Wesley Johnson, now I'm obsessed with hoping Edwards isn't another Wiggins. Some people don't change. Also, this organization has traumatized me with NBA wings.

Wings aren’t bad if their last names are Durant, James or Leonard
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#349 » by Baseline81 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:45 pm

Slim Tubby,

A couple things:

One, there was mainly one poster pushing Ball -- UnFadeable21.

Two, Wiseman was billed as a defensive player with the hope his shooting expands to the NBA 3-point line. Based on what I've seen in the opening games, his offense is further along than his defense. To remind you, none of us were against what he and Towns might be able to do offensively. The other end of the floor, though...

As you alluded to, you were "pounded" because Rosas and Saunders want a sole center on the court. Go ahead and argue whether that's right or wrong. But because of this, I wrote Wiseman off as a legitimate draft option.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,825

Post#350 » by KGdaBom » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:20 pm

Two games in I would say the best two looking rookies are the ones that went 1 and 2 in the draft.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#351 » by theGreatRC » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:33 pm

I can honestly say I've seen almost every Andrew Wiggins game of his career...I was so high on him and thought he was a handle away from dominating the league..

I'm actually saying the same thing about Edwards, but the way Edwards and Wiggins are getting their baskets are completely different..Andrew loved the post up because of his lack of handle, Edwards has a variety of moves and he's a bull taking it to the paint..he literally moved a good defender out of the way in Royce O'Neal when he drove to the paint. Wiggins had a strength problem and relied on his elite spin move to get to the paint, which teams stopped pretty early in their scouting reports

Edwards also just walks and talks like he has it..Wiggins just seemed he was there physically, but somewhere completely different mentally
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Dual
Veteran
And1: 1,494

Post#352 » by Dual » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:37 pm

Read on Twitter
Slim Tubby
Starter

Post#353 » by Slim Tubby » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:50 pm

Baseline81 wrote:Slim Tubby,

A couple things:

Two, Wiseman was billed as a defensive player with the hope his shooting expands to the NBA 3-point line. Based on what I've seen in the opening games, his offense is further along than his defense. To remind you, none of us were against what he and Towns might be able to do offensively. The other end of the floor, though...

As you alluded to, you were "pounded" because Rosas and Saunders want a sole center on the court. Go ahead and argue whether that's right or wrong. But because of this, I wrote Wiseman off as a legitimate draft option.

I don’t really disagree with what you’re saying here. I suppose UnFadeable21 made so many posts that it just seemed like an army of Ball supporters.

My opinion on the 1-3-1 scheme was based on the fact that some are claiming we NEED to play Juancho or Layman because we need more “size” YET Wiseman was ruled out by many as a draft option because we refuse to play two (2) Bigs at the same time.

Ant has been fantastic and it pisses me off that he’s being largely ignored by national media (expected). However, we are one KAT injury away from having Naz and Davis playing 48 minutes as our 5.

Having Wiseman for better front-court depth, post defense, rebounding and roster flexibility should’ve been a draft consideration but it appears it wasn’t. With that said, I fully support Ant as our choice and he’s got a great stage tonight to show other skeptics what he’s all about.

Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#354 » by Jedzz » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:09 am

FinnTheHuman wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:

let em have it (just not if it's me)
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#355 » by Jedzz » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:16 am

theGreatRC wrote:I can honestly say I've seen almost every Andrew Wiggins game of his career...I was so high on him and thought he was a handle away from dominating the league..

I'm actually saying the same thing about Edwards, but the way Edwards and Wiggins are getting their baskets are completely different..Andrew loved the post up because of his lack of handle, Edwards has a variety of moves and he's a bull taking it to the paint..he literally moved a good defender out of the way in Royce O'Neal when he drove to the paint. Wiggins had a strength problem and relied on his elite spin move to get to the paint, which teams stopped pretty early in their scouting reports

Edwards also just walks and talks like he has it..Wiggins just seemed he was there physically, but somewhere completely different mentally

I'll agree with most of that. While pointing out Edwards has still to show me a desire to play above the rim much or poster anyone or generally drive the rim and finish above it with that kind of intensity. Until then I do see a similarity still left. As in they both were physically capable. But if they are going to stay down low on their opponents and try to work around them...that's only one way they could get it done.

However there haven't been many on this team period that have shown the number of ways Edwards has made a basket inside 6 to 8 ft range already, has there? I'm expecting a hook shot this game if he hasn't already. Would love to see him poster Lebron in this early season Lakers game. That would put a stamp on the NBA that he's arrived. I mean if Tyus can do it.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#356 » by Merc_Porto » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:04 am

Again, let's pump the brakes on how good or bad Edwards looks compared with other players...
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,196

Post#357 » by Neeva » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:10 am

mercgold3 wrote:Again, let's pump the brakes on how good or bad Edwards looks compared with other players...

I would not trade Ant for any other rookie though . He was bad today but everyone on the team struggled.
Wiseman got dominated by carter jr today, and Ball has been bad 2 out of 3 games. Okoro, deni , vassell, williams, they have all had stinkers.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#358 » by Merc_Porto » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:14 am

Neeva wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:Again, let's pump the brakes on how good or bad Edwards looks compared with other players...

I would not trade Ant for any other rookie though . He was bad today but everyone on the team struggled.
Wiseman got dominated by carter jr today, and Ball has been bad 2 out of 3 games. Okoro, deni , vassell, williams, they have all had stinkers.

Exactly. Too early to judge or compared this rookies with anyone.
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#359 » by urinesane » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:19 am

I've been pleasantly surprised with Edwards so far. He's more mentally tough than I expected (especially this soon) and doesn't shy away from the moment. My main concern is that he would fall back on his bad habits from college (shot selection/desire to play defense), but he's been pretty good in those areas so far. I just don't want him to be like Wiggins and settle for contested jumpers (especially if they aren't falling).

Wiseman looks to be pretty damn legit. He's going to take time to learn how to fit in an NBA defense considering he only got 3 college games and no preseason experience. The guy is going to be a monster when he gets to his prime and will be a game changing talent, that's why I was most interested in him.

Ant has been what I thought would be a best case scenario so far, but I'd like to see it for a longer period to be sure (I'd like to see how he responds with a string of bad games). I don't think he's going to be a bust, which I was definitely worried about (if he didn't have the mentality to fix his issues and play within the team game.

I think he landed in the perfect place. I worry that if he had to be the man on a less talented team, he'd make some impressive plays and put up numbers but not win games.

I was wrong about Edwards pre-draft, not sure if he will be a franchise player, but he can definitely excel at the NBA level. I just hope that he stays hungry and keeps adding to his game throughout his career.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,825

Post#360 » by KGdaBom » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:51 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:
Baseline81 wrote:Slim Tubby,

A couple things:

I don’t really disagree with what you’re saying here. I suppose UnFadeable21 made so many posts that it just seemed like an army of Ball supporters.

My opinion on the 1-3-1 scheme was based on the fact that some are claiming we NEED to play Juancho or Layman because we need more “size” YET Wiseman was ruled out by many as a draft option because we refuse to play two (2) Bigs at the same time.

Ant has been fantastic and it pisses me off that he’s being largely ignored by national media (expected). However, we are one KAT injury away from having Naz and Davis playing 48 minutes as our 5.

Having Wiseman for better front-court depth, post defense, rebounding and roster flexibility should’ve been a draft consideration but it appears it wasn’t. With that said, I fully support Ant as our choice and he’s got a great stage tonight to show other skeptics what he’s all about.

Prophetic. Too bad that Ant had such a bad game. Hopefully KAT can make a very quick recovery from this wrist injury. We are going to have a very hard time winning with him out.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves