ImageImageImage

Official Anthony Edwards Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Calinks, Worm Guts

KGdaBom
RealGM
Posts: 12,130
And1: 2,511
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#381 » by KGdaBom » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:25 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:
How's that working for KAT? He wanted DLo, and Mngt went out and got him. They tried with Booker too until he went off in the bubble. I agree they shouldn't "cater" to him, but if he becomes a star, what can you do?
That's how stars are treated in todays NBA. Sad, but true.

Do you believe every star player expects to be coddled and catered to? Some might be cool hard working people that don't even want that.
As for KAT's idea of getting Russell IMO it wasn't bad. We might get Booker someday as well.

Like who?

Name ONE star that doesn't in todays NBA.
And by Star I mean star. Even Giannis wanted to be traded unless they catered to bring in more talent, or he was going to walk.
So tell me, did your so called GOAT want to be catered to, or did he have to leave Cleveland and rely on 2/3 other all-stars to show him how to win. MJ didn't.
But I am not going to argue with your opinion.

Yeah don't argue it. Any argument for anyone other than LeBron doesn't have a leg to stand on. Pippen, Rodman, Grant etc.. etc... etc... How many times did MJ lose in the first or second round? How many times did LeBron lose in the first or second round. Etc.. etc.. etc...
To me it is obvious, but to you it isn't. I'm making my belief known. I don't fault you too much for thinking it's MJ. It's hard to let go of bias and move forward. :lol: :lol:
thinktank
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,582
And1: 581
Joined: Jul 02, 2010
Location: Mpls

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#382 » by thinktank » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:20 am

Why has this thread devolved into a Lebron vs MJ debate? Let’s keep it about Edwards, who needs the ball in his hands more and needs to attack the rim more!
Baseline81
Senior
Posts: 702
And1: 296
Joined: Jan 18, 2009

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#383 » by Baseline81 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:23 am

KGdaBom wrote:Yeah don't argue it. Any argument for anyone other than LeBron doesn't have a leg to stand on. Pippen, Rodman, Grant etc.. etc... etc... How many times did MJ lose in the first or second round? How many times did LeBron lose in the first or second round. Etc.. etc.. etc...
To me it is obvious, but to you it isn't. I'm making my belief known. I don't fault you too much for thinking it's MJ. It's hard to let go of bias and move forward. :lol: :lol:

Really, the underline?

How many times did Jordan quit on his team?

For as old as you claim to be, you'd know all about the Jordan rules considering the punishment he took early in his career. When has James ever had to deal with that?

The fact that you bring Pippen and Rodman into the equation is odd. James has pretty much hand-picked his teammates, especially in Miami, Cleveland (second time around) and now LA. Are you arguing James didn't have hall of fame players next to him? Both Wade and Davis will end up there.
MarxyLebronist
Junior
Posts: 459
And1: 232
Joined: Nov 30, 2020

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#384 » by MarxyLebronist » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:37 pm

This is a shame. Edwards is really at risk, development-wise, with the Wolves already in disarray and scrambling after the tragic Towns injury. It's just not fair, after all Towns has already been through and this first sense of possible success in all these years with him and his friend DLo being happy to play together in Minny. Have they been sold yet? Perhaps that could settle things down a bit. Really feeling for you Wolves fans right now.
Basketball is the opiate of the masses
-Karl Marx, a Lakers fan
Baseline81
Senior
Posts: 702
And1: 296
Joined: Jan 18, 2009

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#385 » by Baseline81 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:10 pm

Read on Twitter
Jedzz
RealGM
Posts: 10,541
And1: 2,236
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#386 » by Jedzz » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:40 pm

thinktank wrote:Why has this thread devolved into a Lebron vs MJ debate? Let’s keep it about Edwards, who needs the ball in his hands more and needs to attack the rim more!


He needs the ball in his hands less until he's prepared to attack the rim more. Until then he needs to receive the pass, not think, not hesitate, just shoot. When he's ready to attack the rim like a man in the NBA his size should, then...give him the ball.
Jedzz
RealGM
Posts: 10,541
And1: 2,236
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#387 » by Jedzz » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:48 pm

Baseline81 wrote:
Read on Twitter


people don't think critically about such things

He was hyped for the top of the draft. Doesn't mean he's a starter worthy player yet and it could either help or destroy his value instantly. Go ahead and start him already, proclaims those with nothing to lose in this.
DaMplsKid
Sophomore
Posts: 225
And1: 82
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
       

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#388 » by DaMplsKid » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:55 pm

thinktank wrote:Why has this thread devolved into a Lebron vs MJ debate? Let’s keep it about Edwards, who needs the ball in his hands more and needs to attack the rim more!


What do you mean???? Antman, LBJ and MJ... I love that fact we are already compare him to these two. the Hype is real LET's GO!!
mplsfonz23
Analyst
Posts: 3,620
And1: 1,198
Joined: Jun 13, 2017
   

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#389 » by mplsfonz23 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:19 pm

Baseline81 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Yeah don't argue it. Any argument for anyone other than LeBron doesn't have a leg to stand on. Pippen, Rodman, Grant etc.. etc... etc... How many times did MJ lose in the first or second round? How many times did LeBron lose in the first or second round. Etc.. etc.. etc...
To me it is obvious, but to you it isn't. I'm making my belief known. I don't fault you too much for thinking it's MJ. It's hard to let go of bias and move forward. :lol: :lol:

Really, the underline?

How many times did Jordan quit on his team?

For as old as you claim to be, you'd know all about the Jordan rules considering the punishment he took early in his career. When has James ever had to deal with that?

The fact that you bring Pippen and Rodman into the equation is odd. James has pretty much hand-picked his teammates, especially in Miami, Cleveland (second time around) and now LA. Are you arguing James didn't have hall of fame players next to him? Both Wade and Davis will end up there.

Thank you. This is what I am saying.
Plus, MJ LEAD his team to the title, LBJ depended on Wade and Bosh to show him how to win. Ray Allen's shot clanks out, and how many rings does LB have. It's not "bias" it's truth.

I will agree that LBJ is the MJ of this new era.
I'm done.
KGdaBom
RealGM
Posts: 12,130
And1: 2,511
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#390 » by KGdaBom » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:49 pm

Baseline81 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Yeah don't argue it. Any argument for anyone other than LeBron doesn't have a leg to stand on. Pippen, Rodman, Grant etc.. etc... etc... How many times did MJ lose in the first or second round? How many times did LeBron lose in the first or second round. Etc.. etc.. etc...
To me it is obvious, but to you it isn't. I'm making my belief known. I don't fault you too much for thinking it's MJ. It's hard to let go of bias and move forward. :lol: :lol:

Really, the underline?

How many times did Jordan quit on his team?

For as old as you claim to be, you'd know all about the Jordan rules considering the punishment he took early in his career. When has James ever had to deal with that?

The fact that you bring Pippen and Rodman into the equation is odd. James has pretty much hand-picked his teammates, especially in Miami, Cleveland (second time around) and now LA. Are you arguing James didn't have hall of fame players next to him? Both Wade and Davis will end up there.

I was replying to Mplsfonz and his saying that LeBron couldn't win a title without great teammates. I was just pointing out that nobody MJ included can win it all without great teammates. I've seen them all. The others aren't close to James.
KGdaBom
RealGM
Posts: 12,130
And1: 2,511
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
         

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#391 » by KGdaBom » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:50 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
Baseline81 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Yeah don't argue it. Any argument for anyone other than LeBron doesn't have a leg to stand on. Pippen, Rodman, Grant etc.. etc... etc... How many times did MJ lose in the first or second round? How many times did LeBron lose in the first or second round. Etc.. etc.. etc...
To me it is obvious, but to you it isn't. I'm making my belief known. I don't fault you too much for thinking it's MJ. It's hard to let go of bias and move forward. :lol: :lol:

Really, the underline?

How many times did Jordan quit on his team?

For as old as you claim to be, you'd know all about the Jordan rules considering the punishment he took early in his career. When has James ever had to deal with that?

The fact that you bring Pippen and Rodman into the equation is odd. James has pretty much hand-picked his teammates, especially in Miami, Cleveland (second time around) and now LA. Are you arguing James didn't have hall of fame players next to him? Both Wade and Davis will end up there.

Thank you. This is what I am saying.
Plus, MJ LEAD his team to the title, LBJ depended on Wade and Bosh to show him how to win. Ray Allen's shot clanks out, and how many rings does LB have. It's not "bias" it's truth.

I will agree that LBJ is the MJ of this new era.
I'm done.

Glad to hear you're done. Go King James.
mplsfonz23
Analyst
Posts: 3,620
And1: 1,198
Joined: Jun 13, 2017
   

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#392 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:03 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Baseline81 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Yeah don't argue it. Any argument for anyone other than LeBron doesn't have a leg to stand on. Pippen, Rodman, Grant etc.. etc... etc... How many times did MJ lose in the first or second round? How many times did LeBron lose in the first or second round. Etc.. etc.. etc...
To me it is obvious, but to you it isn't. I'm making my belief known. I don't fault you too much for thinking it's MJ. It's hard to let go of bias and move forward. :lol: :lol:

Really, the underline?

How many times did Jordan quit on his team?

For as old as you claim to be, you'd know all about the Jordan rules considering the punishment he took early in his career. When has James ever had to deal with that?

The fact that you bring Pippen and Rodman into the equation is odd. James has pretty much hand-picked his teammates, especially in Miami, Cleveland (second time around) and now LA. Are you arguing James didn't have hall of fame players next to him? Both Wade and Davis will end up there.

I was replying to Mplsfonz and his saying that LeBron couldn't win a title without great teammates. I was just pointing out that nobody MJ included can win it all without great teammates. I've seen them all. The others aren't close to James.

No....What I am saying is....Jordan MADE his teammates all stars, LBJ waited until they WERE all stars then went to them as an equal and took a backseat to Wade. How many players played great after MJ left. Hell, he even made that bust Toni K an all star.
That's all I'm saying.
But if you are old enough to watch every game MJ had, you would see the effect he had on the NBA. He changed the landscape when the NBA was dying. LeBron? Not so much. I will say the LBJ did MUCH more off the court than MJ. So there's that.
I will respectfully agree to disagree. No bias needed.
Battletrigger
Freshman
Posts: 96
And1: 59
Joined: Apr 05, 2018
     

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#393 » by Battletrigger » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:35 pm

You can have a personal conversation about James and Jordan by PM, not in Antman post.
Quentin
Rookie
Posts: 1,155
And1: 827
Joined: Dec 18, 2006

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#394 » by Quentin » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:35 am

Edwards needs to start and play 30 a night bottom line. He is physically ready and just needs playing time. Sitting him as much as our idiot coach does will help him in no way. This franchise is ruining another one.
Jedzz
RealGM
Posts: 10,541
And1: 2,236
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#395 » by Jedzz » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:42 am

Quentin wrote:Edwards needs to start and play 30 a night bottom line. He is physically ready and just needs playing time. Sitting him as much as our idiot coach does will help him in no way. This franchise is ruining another one.


Like starting Wiggins 35 minutes every game from day 1, for 5 years, no exxageration, was a good thing? That was the idiot thing to do and why in the first four years nothing improved. it was just do what you think you can mode. Which is exactly what you'll get from Edwards, zero improvement. He will be Georgia Edwards forever, shooting 29% seasons averages.

What exactly do you propose we do with Rubio, Dlo, Towns when Georgia Edwards takes over? Because they sure don't fit with that style of basketball.
Quentin
Rookie
Posts: 1,155
And1: 827
Joined: Dec 18, 2006

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#396 » by Quentin » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:49 am

Jedzz wrote:
Quentin wrote:Edwards needs to start and play 30 a night bottom line. He is physically ready and just needs playing time. Sitting him as much as our idiot coach does will help him in no way. This franchise is ruining another one.


Like starting Wiggins 35 minutes every game from day 1, for 5 years, no exxageration, was a good thing? That was the idiot thing to do and why in the first four years nothing improved. it was just do what you think you can mode. Which is exactly what you'll get from Edwards, zero improvement. He will be Georgia Edwards forever, shooting 29% seasons averages.

What exactly do you propose we do with Rubio, Dlo, Towns when Georgia Edwards takes over? Because they sure don't fit with that style of basketball.


You're comparing Edwards to Wiggins? :lol:
Jedzz
RealGM
Posts: 10,541
And1: 2,236
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#397 » by Jedzz » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:42 am

Quentin wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Quentin wrote:Edwards needs to start and play 30 a night bottom line. He is physically ready and just needs playing time. Sitting him as much as our idiot coach does will help him in no way. This franchise is ruining another one.


Like starting Wiggins 35 minutes every game from day 1, for 5 years, no exxageration, was a good thing? That was the idiot thing to do and why in the first four years nothing improved. it was just do what you think you can mode. Which is exactly what you'll get from Edwards, zero improvement. He will be Georgia Edwards forever, shooting 29% seasons averages.

What exactly do you propose we do with Rubio, Dlo, Towns when Georgia Edwards takes over? Because they sure don't fit with that style of basketball.


You're comparing Edwards to Wiggins? :lol:


How they are being handled differently is the comparison, and thank goodness for it.

Don't worry. You won't have to speak with me ever again.
Jedzz
RealGM
Posts: 10,541
And1: 2,236
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#398 » by Jedzz » Sun Jan 3, 2021 4:55 am

Edwards has the third highest minutes per game going of the players still playing. So it's important what works with him and what doesn't. Or it's important that they correct the issue of him playing too much with someone specific if they are both going to play high minutes. At least I think this makes sense. Now watch what the numbers say. As I've been suggesting, he's the one cutting into the roles of our point guard supposed "leaders' of Dlo/Rubio and messing up organized and controlled play that point guards normally offer.

2 man combinations (basketball reference)
A. Edwards | J. Vanderbilt +18.3 (33 mins)
A. Edwards | N. Reid +2.0 (48 mins)
M. Beasley | A. Edwards +1.6 (43 mins)
J. Culver | A. Edwards -12.6 (54 mins)
A. Edwards | J. McLaughlin -13.4 (48 mins)
A. Edwards | J. Hernangómez -29.9 (43 mins)
A. Edwards | R. Rubio -30.4 (47 mins)
A. Edwards | D. Russell -35.2 (67 mins)
A. Edwards | J. Layman -40.8 (25 mins)
E. Davis | A. Edwards -78.5 (32 mins)

Green are the typical point guards coming into the season and the pairs' Net points minus Opponent points.

Why is our team struggling to score more points than our opponents when our best points are playing with Edwards?

What I think is important to see is that Edwards playing with our other points is a net negative. I think the reason is because he's not playing a wing role. He's only trying to be the point himself and doesn't know another way to play yet, and he's being allowed to run point with Dlo out there and it's causing a real problem. Dlo and him have played the most as a pair of all the PGs so it stands to reason that there would be the most issues seen in their combination.

The more our PGs need him to play along as a wing in a certain way, the more problem there is going to be.
We know Rubio has the experience leading the offense with many player types now.
We know Dlo is a combo guard and leading from point he only has a few different things he does without a big around.
JMac is a swiss army knife.

The best 5 man combinations with Edwards?
1. A. Edwards | J. McDaniels | J. McLaughlin | N. Reid | J. Vanderbilt +123 (5 mins)
2. M. Beasley | A. Edwards | J. Okogie | D. Russell | K. Towns +118 (5 mins)
3. M. Beasley | J. Culver | A. Edwards | R. Rubio | K. Towns +91 (5 mins)
4. A. Edwards | J. Hernangómez | J. McDaniels | J. McLaughlin | J. Vanderbilt +40 (7 mins)
5. A. Edwards | J. Hernangómez | J. Okogie | N. Reid | D. Russell +24.2 (5 mins)
6. J. Culver | A. Edwards | J. McDaniels | J. McLaughlin | J. Vanderbilt +4.2 (11 mins)
7. M. Beasley | A. Edwards | J. Okogie | R. Rubio | K. Towns -7.3 (4 mins)
8. J. Culver | A. Edwards | J. Hernangómez | N. Reid | D. Russell -33.3 (10 mins)
9. E. Davis | A. Edwards | J. Hernangómez | J. McLaughlin | D. Russell -76.5 (8 mins)
10. J. Culver | A. Edwards | N. Reid | R. Rubio | D. Russell -76.9 (6 mins)

Towns is in two of the three best producing lineups, but the minutes are real low.
Russell is within that second highest group and Rubio first enters in third goup, but both with Towns playing.

Runio/Russell/Edwards with no Towns is maybe something to avoid.

It is interesting to me as always how much JMacs name enters many of these for how little he has played so far. But that's a pointless discussion since no one respects him as a top two or one PG here. But the Edwards, McDaniels, JMac, Vanderbilt goup of 4 seems like a goodie so far and one of the better ones includes Juancho at #4. So if you ask me, that might be one of the better bench rotations at minimum and maybe were Edwards could get most of his minutes and stay away from our starting possible points of Rubio/Dlo. Just looking for ways to make this trash roster construction work better.
Rookie-Mistake
Senior
Posts: 708
And1: 218
Joined: Jun 27, 2008
         

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#399 » by Rookie-Mistake » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:08 am

Let's talk about this guy.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using RealGM mobile app
vtime
Pro Prospect
Posts: 948
And1: 121
Joined: May 29, 2006
Location: SAINT LOUIS, MO

Re: Official Anthony Edwards Thread 

Post#400 » by vtime » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:54 am

Any regrets on not drafting Lamelo?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves