ImageImageImage

Our board instant analysis (when all reactions are settled)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,816

Re: Our board instant analysis (when all reactions are settled) 

Post#21 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:31 pm

Midw35t wrote:
_AIJ_ wrote:
Midw35t wrote:Here is my analysis:

F**k Rosas.

The only thing I am partially happy about is getting Rubio back. Maybe I will actually watch a game this year just to watch the magician work.

You’re upset because Rosas didn’t pick your favorite prospect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I am not. Rosas has plenty more invested than I do in terms of this going right. If Edwards was his team's #1, so be it. I do not necessarily agree, but I will see how it turns out. What I don't get is then using a trade to acquire another guard, drafting another project guard, and drafting a wing project. All when we are supposedly looking to re-sign two of our own guards, and already have tons of projects on the roster.

My concerns are with what he has shown to be the direction for this franchise.

I worry that he is not building the best team around the foundation, KAT.

Our owner is currently trying to sell and we just killed our cap, I wouldn't be surprised if we did not even utilize the MLE this year. Then, we will have no cap nor a draft pick next off-season either.

Glen will not think about touching the tax line while trying to negotiate with a buyer.

Moreover, we are one KAT injury away from having no big men. If Edwards is #1 on his board, fine. I trust his Intel more than any of you here. But a draft stash project and another wing project?

Rosas has not done a single thing to ensure confidence in him moving forward.

Bolmaro is 6'7" and can play point small forward. He's quite a bit bigger than Culver and Okogie.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,262

Post#22 » by Baseline81 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:51 pm

shangrila wrote:I know "the timeline" and all that but they could really use as many strong voices in that locker room now with Edwards and McDaniels there.

This cannot be emphasized enough. Rosas did say he values player development during his first press conference. We shall see if it comes to fruition.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#23 » by Dewey » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:54 pm

Im ok with who we selected, but I'm very concerned with who we did not ... Big Forward. If KAT goes down, we are in trouble and prolly not competitive. Reid is meh, Juan is a finess Forward, and Spellman seems disinterested as a wolf.

I agree with others, something has to give here for better roster balance from a starting caliber perspective.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#24 » by Mattya » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:55 pm

I was fine with any of the top 3. It is more comforting that of any of the three picks Edwards takes the least amount of imagination and creativity roster wise to make work.

Still gotta see the details on the Rubio trade, but if it’s Johnson, Poku for Rubio, Bolmaro and McDaniels then it seems like a home run trade. Get a guy you might have taken at #17 in McDaniels and a interesting Euro stash.
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,764

Post#25 » by Slim Tubby » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:55 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:
I'm trying to stay positive but when I look back on what we did and the decisions Rosas made, it's pretty clear to me that Gerson has decided to tank again to retain our 2021 FRP. Even if you really love the Edwards pick, it's nearly impossible to to feel good about what happened last night if you're truly being honest with yourself as an unbiased fan.

You can hate the draft, I understand, but you can't really tank to keep a pick that's top 3 protected. Even if you wanted to, that would be up to the lottery gods.

The better statement would've been "give us the best chance to retain our 2021 pick".
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,888

Post#26 » by Klomp » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:01 pm

Dewey wrote:Im ok with who we selected, but I'm very concerned with who we did not ... Big Forward. If KAT goes down, we are in trouble and prolly not competitive.

You can say that about most any team who might lose their franchise player to injury.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,262

Post#27 » by Baseline81 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:07 pm

shrink wrote:1. I don’t know who the #1 pick should be, and my opinion changes when each expert gives me new info. However, I am disappointed that Rosas didn’t select Wiseman, and dare GSW and CHA to not make a trade. This happened last year as well, when CHI clearly wanted Coby White.

Selecting a prospect hoping another team caves seems like a disaster waiting to happen.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,718

Post#28 » by minimus » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:10 pm

Klomp wrote:
Dewey wrote:Im ok with who we selected, but I'm very concerned with who we did not ... Big Forward. If KAT goes down, we are in trouble and prolly not competitive.

You can say that about most any team who might lose their franchise player to injury.

MIA had no chance in the Finals without healthy Bam
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#29 » by Dewey » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:25 pm

Klomp wrote:

We don't have a plan B or C ... we go straight to plan D(umpster).
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Chello1
Junior
And1: 114

Post#30 » by Chello1 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:26 pm

Terrible draft for us in my opinion. We wasted assets, trading out of 17 was a complete disaster. I like Ricky but where we are at as a franchise I would have liked us to wait until 17 came up before deciding what do with it. I would have rather drafted numerous guys over Ricky... Bolmaro would have been there at 33. He can't shoot and is a long shot to be a decent player here in the future. We really blew this draft in my opinion.. I am not impressed with Rosas in the draft after watching him work for two years. I hope I am wrong but we needed to get some forwards on this roster who can shoot and play some defense. All we did was add non shooters and to me people who were drafted way ahead of their slot.
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,764

Post#31 » by Slim Tubby » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:31 pm

Klomp wrote:

That's a pretty obvious statement to make but it certainly doesn't prevent an organization from addressing areas of need based on the current roster and lack of depth. There isn't a single business-type in the world that would ignore such obvious holes in their organization.

So many of you talked about the type of system Rosas wants to play and, well....you guys sure got it. One big guy surrounded by the equivalent of four guards with only one of them being a decent outside shooter (Russell). If/when KAT goes down, then what? Even when KAT is healthy we're going to be massively outrebounded. Poor shooting, poor defense, poor offensive and defensive rebounding...more of the same for this Wolves fan. We have virtually no veteran leadership on the roster and then you add the two (2) most immature, unfocused prospects in the Draft???

If we draft Wiseman at #1 (defense, rebounding, positional depth & flexibility), Bey at #17 (45% 3-point shooting & defense) and Tillman at #33 (toughness, rebounding & defense), that's a more balanced roster that adds what we were desperately needing. Instead, we get cute and now you'll quickly get to see how other teams will exploit our continued glaring weaknesses. Please feel free to continue wearing your rose-colored glasses but I stand by my assessment.
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#32 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:32 pm

Klomp wrote:Just curious....had Minnesota traded up for McDaniels and then picked Bolmaro at 28, how differently would the skeptics view this draft?

I'm not much of a skeptic, but I like Bolmaro better than McDaniel.
Chello1
Junior

Post#33 » by Chello1 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:34 pm

Midw35t wrote:
_AIJ_ wrote:
Midw35t wrote:Here is my analysis:

F**k Rosas.

The only thing I am partially happy about is getting Rubio back. Maybe I will actually watch a game this year just to watch the magician work.

You’re upset because Rosas didn’t pick your favorite prospect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I am not. Rosas has plenty more invested than I do in terms of this going right. If Edwards was his team's #1, so be it. I do not necessarily agree, but I will see how it turns out. What I don't get is then using a trade to acquire another guard, drafting another project guard, and drafting a wing project. All when we are supposedly looking to re-sign two of our own guards, and already have tons of projects on the roster.

My concerns are with what he has shown to be the direction for this franchise.

I worry that he is not building the best team around the foundation, KAT.

Our owner is currently trying to sell and we just killed our cap, I wouldn't be surprised if we did not even utilize the MLE this year. Then, we will have no cap nor a draft pick next off-season either.

Glen will not think about touching the tax line while trying to negotiate with a buyer.

Moreover, we are one KAT injury away from having no big men. If Edwards is #1 on his board, fine. I trust his Intel more than any of you here. But a draft stash project and another wing project?

Rosas has not done a single thing to ensure confidence in him moving forward.

Perfectly put! Rosas looks like a clown to me! No cap space, no bigs and we didn't add any shooting.... What did he accomplish? If I was Kat I would already be looking for the exit!
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,718

Post#34 » by minimus » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:34 pm

Chello1 wrote:All we did was add non shooters and to me people who were drafted way ahead of their slot.

Jaden McDaniels is considered the best shooter among PFs. Edwards has solid FT% and good shot mechanics, and Edwards is considered the best slasher among SG.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#35 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:34 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:I can give nothing higher than a "D" and it was another disappointing showing for Rosas in the Draft. He failed to maximize the true value of our picks and the trade-back for Bolmaro, basically sacrificing an extremely valuable pick in #33, to move up two (2) spots for a guy that is a Euro stash and might've fallen to the 2nd Round anyways was absolutely BRUTAL. We now have 37 guards on the roster, no true PF, one (1) true Wing and passing on Wiseman means we're one KAT injury away from another 15 win season.

We passed on the BPA (Wiseman), drafted a guy that that has all the passion of a Wiggins sex doll and traded #17 for an aging PG on a bad contract when players like Saddiq Bey could've been taken as a long-term addition to our building foundation. I like Ricky as much as the next guy but for a team that supposedly is not trying to win now, it was an extremely poor choice even though I'll enjoy watching Rubio wear the Wolves jersey again.

McDaniels was our best choice of the entire draft and even he brings a HUGE level of immaturity, both physically and mentally, with him to this roster. He had six (6)...yes, six (6) Technical Fouls in a shortened college season which is unheard of. If he can add 10-15 pounds of muscle, he has a chance to play in this league a long time so we'll just have to sit back and see how that plays out.

I'm trying to stay positive but when I look back on what we did and the decisions Rosas made, it's pretty clear to me that Gerson has decided to tank again to retain our 2021 FRP. Even if you really love the Edwards pick, it's nearly impossible to to feel good about what happened last night if you're truly being honest with yourself as an unbiased fan.

I believe that the Knicks drafted Bolmaro and then we traded for him. He was projected first round by the strong majority and some think he is star material. If we made the trade just to jump whoever was drafting at 24 I see your problem with it.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#36 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:37 pm

Dewey wrote:Im ok with who we selected, but I'm very concerned with who we did not ... Big Forward. If KAT goes down, we are in trouble and prolly not competitive. Reid is meh, Juan is a finess Forward, and Spellman seems disinterested as a wolf.

I agree with others, something has to give here for better roster balance from a starting caliber perspective.

If KAT goes down we're screwed. That's pretty similar to most NBA teams that have their #1 player go down. McDaniel could be one of the best PFs that this draft produces.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,888

Post#37 » by Klomp » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:41 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:So many of you talked about the type of system Rosas wants to play and, well....you guys sure got it. One big guy surrounded by the equivalent of four guards with only one of them being a decent outside shooter (Russell). If/when KAT goes down, then what?

You put in his backup, Naz Reid. Just like what happened this year. Guy goes down, another guy goes in.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#38 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:41 pm

Chello1 wrote:Terrible draft for us in my opinion. We wasted assets, trading out of 17 was a complete disaster. I like Ricky but where we are at as a franchise I would have liked us to wait until 17 came up before deciding what do with it. I would have rather drafted numerous guys over Ricky... Bolmaro would have been there at 33. He can't shoot and is a long shot to be a decent player here in the future. We really blew this draft in my opinion.. I am not impressed with Rosas in the draft after watching him work for two years. I hope I am wrong but we needed to get some forwards on this roster who can shoot and play some defense. All we did was add non shooters and to me people who were drafted way ahead of their slot.

Bolmaro wouldn't have been there at 33. The knicks drafted him at 23 for themselves is the most likely scenario. I have read many draft sites that think Bolmaro has star potential for the same reason they believe Ball has star potential. Great size and playmaking ability.
Chello1
Junior

Post#39 » by Chello1 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:41 pm

Dewey wrote:
Klomp wrote:

We don't have a plan B or C ... we go straight to plan D(umpster).

Or draft is getting panned by almost everyone for a reason. The execution was a disaster. We should have stayed at 17 that was a complete disaster.... The other part of this is how do we afford Beasley? Is he gone? Terrible night that has me second guessing Rosas....
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,191

Post#40 » by Neeva » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:43 pm

I don’t know why some here are acting like they are done making moves lol obviously they will be adding bigs.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves