ImageImageImage

The Leandro Bolmaro thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Battletrigger
Junior
And1: 200

Re: The Leandro Bolmaro thread 

Post#261 » by Battletrigger » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:14 am

IDK where this sf position comes from. He is a pg/SG, he has admitted it several times and struggles with the creation duties.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#262 » by SO_MONEY » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:57 pm

Battletrigger wrote:IDK where this sf position comes from. He is a pg/SG, he has admitted it several times and struggles with the creation duties.

Ummm...

Actually, the team scouted him as a SF, local guys have gone out of their way to say both the team and Bolmaro don't see him/himself as a PG. He didn't even play it on his team in Europe. He is a playmaking wing and I am fine with that. Trying to fit him into a different role would cost us time and might not work in the end.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant

Post#263 » by SO_MONEY » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:01 pm

moonpie wrote:
winforlose wrote:1. Do we keep him with the main roster or send him to the G to adjust to NBA pace?

2. If we do keep him on the main roster is he a rotation player right away?

3. What position do we use him at?

1. Definitely will see a lot of G-League time this year

2. Probably not unless there are injuries

3. SG/SF

I am not sure about seeing much time in GL. 1. If Okogie gets traded, he is probably a rotational player...2. If Okogie isn't traded he might still be the better player. He will fill the Culver role at minimum.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,598

Post#264 » by jpatrick » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:17 pm

SO_MONEY wrote:
moonpie wrote:
winforlose wrote:1. Do we keep him with the main roster or send him to the G to adjust to NBA pace?

2. If we do keep him on the main roster is he a rotation player right away?

3. What position do we use him at?

3. SG/SF

I am not sure about seeing much time in GL. 1. If Okogie gets traded, he is probably a rotational player...2. If Okogie isn't traded he might still be the better player. He will fill the Culver role at minimum.

After watching him I’m about 10 full games, I’d be pretty shocked if he got regular minutes. At least early in the year.

Outside of playing hard, I’m not sure what his transferable skill is. Shot a decent percentage, but I wouldn’t call him a willing shooter from deep. Doesn’t create well. Defense is his calling card, but I’m the Olympics, his lack of weight caused issues on that end.

I still like him as a long term role player, but wouldn’t be surprised at all if he spent time in the G league this year. I mean, even in Europe, by the end of the year when his team was healthy, he was only playing 8-10 minutes per game in the Spanish League playoffs.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant

Post#265 » by SO_MONEY » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:26 pm

jpatrick wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:
moonpie wrote:

3. SG/SF

After watching him I’m about 10 full games, I’d be pretty shocked if he got regular minutes. At least early in the year.

Outside of playing hard, I’m not sure what his transferable skill is. Shot a decent percentage, but I wouldn’t call him a willing shooter from deep. Doesn’t create well. Defense is his calling card, but I’m the Olympics, his lack of weight caused issues on that end.

I still like him as a long term role player, but wouldn’t be surprised at all if he spent time in the G league this year. I mean, even in Europe, by the end of the year when his team was healthy, he was only playing 8-10 minutes per game in the Spanish League playoffs.

I also don't think he gets much if any burn in the GL, because I would bet they would just leave him overseas this year if that was how we saw him in his development. I think he is up with the club, probably doesn't play much early, his minutes are primarily dependent on Okogie.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,936

Post#266 » by Mamba4Goat » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:38 pm

With Beverly, Russell, McLaughlin, Nowell, Beasley, Ant, McDaniels, Okogie, and Prince all ahead of Bolmaro at the 1-3 in some fashion I would be shocked if he sees any meaningful minutes pending trades, horribly underwhelming play (think Juancho/Layman last year), or another go around with the injury bug. He’s likely spending most of the season in Iowa which is probably best for him. Especially if someone like Knight is going to be down there to help him.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant

Post#267 » by SO_MONEY » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:54 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:With Beverly, Russell, McLaughlin, Nowell, Beasley, Ant, McDaniels, Okogie, and Prince all ahead of Bolmaro at the 1-3 in some fashion I would be shocked if he sees any meaningful minutes pending trades, horribly underwhelming play (think Juancho/Layman last year), or another go around with the injury bug. He’s likely spending most of the season in Iowa which is probably best for him. Especially if someone like Knight is going to be down there to help him.

I am going to stick with, if they sign him he will be with the club. If they felt he would best benefit from time to develop, they would do that on someone else's dime and not burn a cheap year of team control.

Yes, he is a little buried, but no more than Culver would have been and that is the role he would be in. Ultimately, it is an open competition with Okogie as to who gets minutes and that could change day to day or week to week. But I don't see a healthy dose of the GL if we sign him
TaylorTag
Rookie
And1: 376

Post#268 » by TaylorTag » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:05 pm

If we pull off a Simmons trade, then we will likely be down two to three roster players because of the number of outgoing players we would have in the trade to make it work.

That's the only way I see Bolmaro coming over this year.

Because if we get Simmons with like Beverley, Beasley and McDaniels plus picks we will be over the luxury tax, which I think our ownership group will want to avoid, so we will have to trade one of Okogie and Layman to a third team without taking any money back (would be made a lot easier if Morey wanted Okogie in a Simmons deal too). At that point we will be pretty thin along wing and Bolmaro might have a role in our makeshift bench.

In my ideal world, we trade Bolmaro's rights to Philly and that's one less FRP we have to throw in the deal.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#269 » by KGdaBom » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:07 pm

MPLSwolves wrote:If we pull off a Simmons trade, then we will likely be down two to three roster players because of the number of outgoing players we would have in the trade to make it work.

That's the only way I see Bolmaro coming over this year.

Because if we get Simmons with like Beverley, Beasley and McDaniels plus picks we will be over the luxury tax, which I think our ownership group will want to avoid, so we will have to trade one of Okogie and Layman to a third team without taking any money back (would be made a lot easier if Morey wanted Okogie in a Simmons deal too). At that point we will be pretty thin along wing and Bolmaro might have a role in our makeshift bench.

In my ideal world, we trade Bolmaro's rights to Philly and that's one less FRP we have to throw in the deal.

Be careful what you wish for. Bolamro is likely to be a better player than whoever that FrP turns out to be.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,829

Post#270 » by Klomp » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:47 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:With Beverly, Russell, McLaughlin, Nowell, Beasley, Ant, McDaniels, Okogie, and Prince all ahead of Bolmaro at the 1-3 in some fashion I would be shocked if he sees any meaningful minutes pending trades, horribly underwhelming play (think Juancho/Layman last year), or another go around with the injury bug. He’s likely spending most of the season in Iowa which is probably best for him. Especially if someone like Knight is going to be down there to help him.

I'm not so sure about the bolded.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Battletrigger
Junior

Post#271 » by Battletrigger » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:43 am

SO_MONEY wrote:
Battletrigger wrote:IDK where this sf position comes from. He is a pg/SG, he has admitted it several times and struggles with the creation duties.

Ummm...

Actually, the team scouted him as a SF, local guys have gone out of their way to say both the team and Bolmaro don't see him/himself as a PG. He didn't even play it on his team in Europe. He is a playmaking wing and I am fine with that. Trying to fit him into a different role would cost us time and might not work in the end.

Bolmaro played PG minutes in Spain. I don't know how people there, in the USA, have scouted them, but if they said that he has not played PG, that means that they haven't followed him very close.

He has said that he is not confortable in that position and he see himself and plays most of his minutes as a SG.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant

Post#272 » by SO_MONEY » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:04 pm

Battletrigger wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:

Ummm...

Bolmaro played PG minutes in Spain. I don't know how people there, in the USA, have scouted them, but if they said that he has not played PG, that means that they haven't followed him very close.

He has said that he is not confortable in that position and he see himself and plays most of his minutes as a SG.

He actually didn't play PG, he was the secondary ball-handler, part-time playmaker, sometimes even with two other guards...both more PG than him. I have followed him... Moreover, as I said the team doesn't view him as a PG, he and his camp don't view him as a PG, and local reporters have covered this for some time. I don't know what more to tell you? I can't make this untrue.
Howard Cosell
Rookie
And1: 263

Post#273 » by Howard Cosell » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:21 pm

SO_MONEY wrote:
Battletrigger wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:
Ummm...

He actually didn't play PG, he was the secondary ball-handler, part-time playmaker, sometimes even with two other guards...both more PG than him. I have followed him... Moreover, as I said the team doesn't view him as a PG, he and his camp don't view him as a PG, and local reporters have covered this for some time. I don't know what more to tell you? I can't make this untrue.

While no one is expecting Bolmaro to be considered a PG in the NBA he has been at times the primary ball-handler coming off of the bench for Barcelona. This has been reported as such all through his career in Spain.
Howard Cosell
Rookie
And1: 263

Post#274 » by Howard Cosell » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:30 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.peachtreehoops.com/platform/amp/2020/6/19/21262526/leandro-bolmaro-2020-nba-draft-scouting-report-offense-playmaking-defense-video-analysis

Lots of different reports and analysts describe Bolmaro has a primary ball handier at times playing in Barcelona. He has played PG minutes, obviously.

The real discussion is what position can Leandro guard best at NBA level. I would put my money on Bolmaro playing his most minutes in NBA at Small Forward. But will see…it’s difficult to know at this point.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant

Post#275 » by SO_MONEY » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:39 pm

Howard Cosell wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:
Battletrigger wrote:

While no one is expecting Bolmaro to be considered a PG in the NBA he has been at times the primary ball-handler coming off of the bench for Barcelona. This has been reported as such all through his career in Spain.

He was almost always out there with either Calathes or Kuric, very seldom was he paired only with Abrinies. His "PG" duties were basically as a change of pace to allow some off-ball play for their PGs, who have some combination guard in them.

I expect his role to be very similar in the NBA, but more SF than SG, because he is a little stiff-hipped and it is the path of least resistance for minutes on this roster as it stands.
Battletrigger
Junior

Post#276 » by Battletrigger » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:26 pm

SO_MONEY wrote:
Battletrigger wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:
Ummm...

I don´t see that you say is against what I say. As said by Howard Cosell is reported(and he has said) that has played PG and isn´t very confortable with that position. Most spanish media has him as PG/SG even the Spanish NBA official website.

I have seen him directly in some ACB or Copa del Rey games and he plays most minutes as a SG, but as a PG has minutes too.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant

Post#277 » by SO_MONEY » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:49 pm

Battletrigger wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:
Battletrigger wrote:

I don´t see that you say is against what I say. As said by Howard Cosell is reported(and he has said) that has played PG and isn´t very confortable with that position. Most spanish media has him as PG/SG even the Spanish NBA official website.

I have seen him directly in some ACB or Copa del Rey games and he plays most minutes as a SG, but as a PG has minutes too.

I don't conciser his secondary ball-handler duties as qualifying him as a PG, it would be like me calling Barca's PGs, SGs, because they play off-ball occasionally. So here is the other way to look at it, Barca's PGs could be classified as "guards" and Bolmaro a "wing". I think either is accurate. Calling him a PG is not.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,936

Post#278 » by Mamba4Goat » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:10 pm

Dane Moore announced that Bolmaro will likely be signing his deal later this week so we unfortunately have to put some conspiracy theories regarding trading him to bed for now.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#279 » by KGdaBom » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:36 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:Dane Moore announced that Bolmaro will likely be signing his deal later this week so we unfortunately have to put some conspiracy theories regarding trading him to bed for now.

not until it's actually signed. :lol:
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#280 » by moonpie » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:39 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=09

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves