ImageImageImage

The Leandro Bolmaro thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,825

Re: The Leandro Bolmaro thread 

Post#301 » by KGdaBom » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:35 pm

gandlogo wrote:I don't know if I'm more excited about the future of Bolmaro or McDaniels. Hyperbole aside, this draft class could go down as the greatest for a single team in NBA history.

The single greatest draft in NBA history? Most likely just drafting LeBron or Jordan trumps getting all three. How about being a better draft than the one that got us Garnett. I'd settle for that.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,947

Post#302 » by Klomp » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:10 am

Read on Twitter

Translated: He breaks the mold of the traditional Argentine player because of his athletic conditions that do not necessarily have to do with his explosiveness or jumping, but with the ability he has to move in confined spaces, his very long limbs, flexibility in his ankles that makes That he can change direction very quickly. Things that take two or three maneuvers for players of our type he can do in one. In the NBA almost all athletes have that ability. He is going to measure up at an athletic level maybe as few have been, I think Carlos Delfino has probably been the best athlete that has passed of ours out there. That is a great advantage, a very great advantage. It is very easy for him to play a vertical game, in four strides he is in one field and in another. The fact that the NBA game is much more open will generate more facilities
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#303 » by Klomp » Tue Oct 5, 2021 4:41 pm

Read on Twitter
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,598

Post#304 » by jpatrick » Tue Oct 5, 2021 4:50 pm

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

The shot is going to be his swing skill. It won’t be this year, but if he can eventually shoot the three in the upper 30s on volume, he could be a Lonzo Ball type wing. That shot, like Lonzo’s coming into the league, is kinda ugly right now though.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#305 » by _AIJ_ » Sat Oct 9, 2021 7:43 pm

Bolmaro seems to be really active on D. I like him a lot. He has an awkward shooting form but i think that can be fixed
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,966

Post#306 » by Nick K » Sat Oct 9, 2021 8:41 pm

I was very impressed by Bolmaro late under pressure. That off balance, pull-up 10 footer in overtime was big. He showed lots of control there. I haven't seen that since Sammy Cassell.

He's a very good passer and he is strong on the defensive end too. He'll help us.

His 3 pt shot needs work though.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#307 » by Klomp » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:15 pm

Read on Twitter

Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,530

Post#308 » by Note30 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:33 pm

I truly think he might be the glue guy we need
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#309 » by Klomp » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:10 pm

Watch starting at 7:45

?t=465

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,825

Post#310 » by KGdaBom » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:29 pm

Klomp wrote:Watch starting at 7:45

?t=465

most excellent KAT commentary on Leo. It seems safe to say now that he is going to be better than many here thought he would be. I'm expecting no G League time for him and some time in the regular rotation.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,530

Post#311 » by Note30 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:16 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Klomp wrote:Watch starting at 7:45

?t=465

most excellent KAT commentary on Leo. It seems safe to say now that he is going to be better than many here thought he would be. I'm expecting no G League time for him and some time in the regular rotation.

Can make certain players available for a trade
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,241

Post#312 » by BlacJacMac » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:31 pm

Read on Twitter
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#313 » by Dewey » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:47 pm

Gotta like his spirit for the game… if he can play and succeed in Finch’s system he’ll be a nice rotational player down the stretch run.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#314 » by Klomp » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:08 pm

Read on Twitter

wolfen
Senior
And1: 216

The Leandro Balmaro Thread 

Post#315 » by wolfen » Fri Nov 5, 2021 6:24 pm

Apologies if there is a separate Balmaro thread, but I searched and didn't see one. If there is, please point it out and I can use it going forward. If not, I have some Balmaro thoughts...

Throwing out the argument that Balmaro is ready and needs a shot...

-Experience: He's not your average rookie. He's played professionally for years and against some big/strong players (and older).
-Size & Strength: He's got both, again, not your average frail rookie.
-Limited Sample Eye Test: Between pre-season and the Iowa wolves game, he looks like he's ready.

So let's assume he actually is ready, gets a shot, and does well. Soooo many things on both sides of the ball could get a lot better.

Offensively, he's not afraid, and again, he's got experience going up against pros. He moves the ball, but more importantly, he can get around his guy and cause the defense to collapse - something only Ant gives at this point, but is much needed to open things up. Other off-ball players would benefit from him being on the floor, they'd get open shots as a result of his passing. As far his his own scoring, he's shown the mid-range pullup and the 3 ball (surprisingly) as well. It wouldn't be too much to ask for him to nail 2-3 pullup J's from 15-17 feet per game and nail a 3 ball or two, even if he shot only 33%, which isn't unreasonable. But scoring isn't what would be greatly needed on offense. Any scoring would simply be "gravy". Running the offense, breaking guys down, and setting guys up would be his main role.

Defensively, his size, reach, and tenacity would fit right in. He'll make his mistakes, sure, but he'll probably be a pesky, plus defender that can guard 1-3's. His gritty play would result in some boards as well.

If he did get a shot, playing in lineups with either D-Lo or Beasley would be optimal, as he can set those guys up for better shots. You wouldn't want to play him with Okogie out there, for obvious reasons. And playing him next to D-Lo or Beasley, he'd provide defense to cover up for their lack of D.

Let's say D-Lo continues to struggle. I'm thinking that putting Beasley & Bev in the starting lineup would work, and then have Balmaro and D-Lo as your guys off the bench to work together in the back court. Beasley seems to play better in the starting lineup, and Bev would be the defensive presence in the back court. Ant would be the primary play-maker (sharing with Bev) and having Beas, Bev, and Karl in there to be able to hit open 3's could be dynamic. It would force Ant to be at his best, not just an iso guy, but a guy who's job is to initiate the offense.

Anyways, I just think Balmaro needs to get a shot, for reasons mentioned. If he gets a 2 game audition and shows promise, keep him in the rotation. If not, no big deal, but at least you'll know after trying.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Re: The Leandro Balmaro Thread 

Post#316 » by _AIJ_ » Fri Nov 5, 2021 7:23 pm

Better than mclaughlin for sure
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,196

Post#317 » by Neeva » Fri Nov 5, 2021 7:27 pm

Finch not giving Bolmaro or Nowell playing time is annoying. I would much rather they play over Mclaughlin and Prince!!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#318 » by Klomp » Fri Nov 5, 2021 9:05 pm

wolfen wrote:Apologies if there is a separate Balmaro thread, but I searched and didn't see one. If there is, please point it out and I can use it going forward. If not, I have some Balmaro thoughts...

It's still on the front page

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2019093&p=94374003#p94374003

winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,408

Post#319 » by winforlose » Fri Nov 5, 2021 9:34 pm

It’s rare that I agree with Neeva but I 100% agree that JMAC and Prince should be pulled and replaced by Nowell and Bolmaro.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#320 » by Klomp » Sun Nov 7, 2021 6:01 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves