ImageImageImage

How to fix the "bigs" problems now?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,825

Re: How to fix the 

Post#21 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:20 pm

Dewey wrote:Are we fools to think Vanderbilt may play a bigger role than expected?

Management has been showing him a lot of love. Maybe he's ready to be a prime time player.
Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Post#22 » by Norseman79 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:23 pm

Baseline81 wrote:
Norseman79 wrote:I have a feeling we will be seeing a sign and trade, or just a straight up trade Beasley, Culver, Okoge.. something has to give with Edwards being taken.

If the Wolves retain Beasley, Okogie (and possibly Culver) will need to defend the opposing SF when on the court.

Agreed, but none of those players would I classify as a SF. I would like to see us skip paying Beasley and use the money spent on him to go for a starting SF or PF. A guy like Mo Harkless signed and a PF traded for would help steady things a bit.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#23 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:25 pm

Jedzz wrote:
Neeva wrote:Maybe Jaden will surprise us? looking at
Most other teams messageboard everyone wanted him to fall to them late in the first or in the early second round (especially Toronto, Dallas and Charlotte fans)his massive potential is obvious. Then again those same fanbases think the wolves organization won’t bring out the best of Jaden’s potential:/.

If a team can trade up to daft Poku at 17 without being laughed at, McDaniels was good enough for a 17.

I didn't want him at 17 but as soon as we traded back he was about the first player that popped into my mind.
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,716

Post#24 » by thinktank » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:30 pm

Man, we really have zero defensive big backbone on our team.

That is disappointing.
"a poor addition to the board"
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#25 » by Baseline81 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:35 pm

Norseman79 wrote:Agreed, but none of those players would I classify as a SF. I would like to see us skip paying Beasley and use the money spent on him to go for a starting SF or PF. A guy like Mo Harkless signed and a PF traded for would help steady things a bit.

Unlike you, I'd prefer to keep Beasley because of how much his skill set fits with what Rosas and Saunders want. Minnesota needs to surround Rubio, Russell and Towns with shooters.

Ant-man, for better or worse, will be the team's future SG. I just don't see a role for Culver, though he needs to play (and play well) to improve his value. I, too, would target a true SF and PF, whether that's in FA or via trade.
Norseman79
Sixth Man

Post#26 » by Norseman79 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:45 pm

Baseline81 wrote:
Norseman79 wrote:Agreed, but none of those players would I classify as a SF. I would like to see us skip paying Beasley and use the money spent on him to go for a starting SF or PF. A guy like Mo Harkless signed and a PF traded for would help steady things a bit.

Unlike you, I'd prefer to keep Beasley because of how much his skill set fits with what Rosas and Saunders want. Minnesota needs to surround Rubio, Russell and Towns with shooters.

Ant-man, for better or worse, will be the team's future SG. I just don't see a role for Culver, though he needs to play (and play well) to improve his value. I, too, would target a true SF and PF, whether that's in FA or via trade.

I should have clarified, depending on Beasley's pricetag I would skip. If he is a bargain because of legal issues, then I consider it. I think his ideal role is 6th man, but so is Rubio's at this point.

Russell, Rubio, JMac Haggins
Edwards, Beasley, Culver, Okoge
Layman, Bolmaro
Hernangomez, Valentine, McDaniels
Towns, Reid

Could McDaniels or Valentine play the 3 is my question?
Baseline81
Starter

Post#27 » by Baseline81 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:47 pm

Norseman79 wrote:Could McDaniels or Valentine play the 3 is my question?

Honestly wouldn't expect to see much of McDaniels this year, though I've been wrong before.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,197

Post#28 » by Neeva » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:50 pm

I think Jaden will be the starting PF in a few years and easily the steal of the draft.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,723

Post#29 » by minimus » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:50 pm

Norseman79 wrote:
Baseline81 wrote:

I should have clarified, depending on Beasley's pricetag I would skip. If he is a bargain because of legal issues, then I consider it. I think his ideal role is 6th man, but so is Rubio's at this point.

Layman, Bolmaro
Towns, Reid

Valentine?
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#30 » by Neeva » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:51 pm

Maybe he meant Vanderbilt?
Norseman79
Sixth Man

Post#31 » by Norseman79 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:52 pm

minimus wrote:
Norseman79 wrote:
Baseline81 wrote:Unlike you, I'd prefer to keep Beasley because of how much his skill set fits with what Rosas and Saunders want. Minnesota needs to surround Rubio, Russell and Towns with shooters.

Layman, Bolmaro
Towns, Reid

[youtube][/youtube]

Valentine?

Vanderbilt... sorry...I don't know why I want to keep calling that kid Valentine...
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#32 » by Neeva » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:53 pm

Norseman79 wrote:
Baseline81 wrote:

Layman, Bolmaro
Towns, Reid

I’d like Rosas to retain Beasley on a bargain contract then maybe flip him or just keep him since he will be a solid 6th/7th man.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#33 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:54 pm

Neeva wrote:I think Jaden will be the starting PF in a few years and easily the steal of the draft.

I like the way you think, but I wouldn't count on that. :D
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#34 » by Dewey » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:19 pm

Any MLE players to consider filling in at Forward?

Sign & Trade Beasley options for a Forward?

Other trade options for a Forward?

I'm concerned about our Forward position ... :)
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
DaMplsKid
Junior
And1: 106

Post#35 » by DaMplsKid » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:21 pm

One big we might be able to trade for is Luke Kornet. He was a solid shooter with the Knicks and is getting no playing to in Chicago with all their bigs.

Larry Namce Jr or a Al-Farouq Aminu?

To bad we weren't able to bring back Covington and Rubio. Whats Kevin Loves contract look like :D
Baseline81
Starter

Post#36 » by Baseline81 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:24 pm

KGdaBom wrote:I like the way you think, but I wouldn't count on that. :D

I see thread for Edwards and Bolmoro but not one for McDaniels.
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,764

Post#37 » by Slim Tubby » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:30 pm

[/quote] I’d like Rosas to retain Beasley on a bargain contract then maybe flip him or just keep him since he will be a solid 6th/7th man.[/quote]

You can make a solid argument that Beasley is our second best offensive player on the roster behind only KAT with Dlo a close third. I hope he gets past his legal issues and we retain him...we desperately need SG's on this roster. :o

(Seriously, I really do hope we keep Malik as part of our building blocks but I don't blame those that want to run him out of town. I wouldn't want that guy as my neighbor around my kids.)
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#38 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:31 pm

DaMplsKid wrote:One big we might be able to trade for is Luke Kornet. He was a solid shooter with the Knicks and is getting no playing to in Chicago with all their bigs.

Larry Namce Jr or a Al-Farouq Aminu?

To bad we weren't able to bring back Covington and Rubio. Whats Kevin Loves contract look like :D

I really want Larry Nance jr.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#39 » by KGdaBom » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:31 pm

Baseline81 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:I like the way you think, but I wouldn't count on that. :D

I see thread for Edwards and Bolmoro but not one for McDaniels.

make one. Nobody's stopping you.
TaylorTag
Rookie
And1: 376

Post#40 » by TaylorTag » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:17 pm

Part of me, the optimistic side, thinks that the Wolves are aggressive in this window. If the over/under was 2 trades, I might bet the over.

The Wolves need a starting 4, and Layman / Hernongomez just aren't the right pair next to KAT (and KAT-lite Reid for that matter). Spellman might work, but I have bigger aspirations. Not sure who's available in FA or via trade right now

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves