ImageImageImage

Beasley Re-Sign for 4 years / $60M

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,652

Re: Beasley Re-Sign for 4 years / $60M 

Post#361 » by KGdaBom » Wed Dec 2, 2020 7:42 pm

Dewey wrote:Is this gonna become a pathetic gossip site now?

We can dig dirt on whole bunch more players if this is the case ... or it can be a basketball site

I think there's a balance. Are we supposed to 100% ignore players off the court stuff?
Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,573

Post#362 » by Shaka_Zulu » Wed Dec 2, 2020 8:23 pm

KGdaBom wrote:

We can dig dirt on whole bunch more players if this is the case ... or it can be a basketball site

I think there's a balance. Are we supposed to 100% ignore players off the court stuff?
Unless it effects their Bball (legal issues defenitely do), and with stuff like their love life (however comical trainwreck), yeah, ignore imo. My favourite player of all time is probably same as most of yours. KG, and we know what a messed up very public affair he had with a dancer.

We can laugh or judge the Kardashianesque trashiness that's hard to keep under wraps in today's social media. But what or who they doing in their sheets shouldn't really matter for the basketball.

Tony friggin Parker was winning championships while screwing teammates wives smh lol.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#363 » by theGreatRC » Wed Dec 2, 2020 8:31 pm

I really don't care what Beasley does off the court as long as he performs on it..i'm a fan of the team, not this dude's game off court.

Pretty sure so many athletes/celebs do this, Beas just got caught cause he's a little crazy
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,652

Post#364 » by KGdaBom » Wed Dec 2, 2020 8:35 pm

theGreatRC wrote:I really don't care what Beasley does off the court as long as he performs on it..i'm a fan of the team, not this dude's game off court.

Pretty sure so many athletes/celebs do this, Beas just got caught cause he's a little crazy

He very easily could be legitimately mentally ill. Some players can maintain on court despite this, but others can't. I'm seriously concerned that Beasley is spiraling out of control.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,961

Post#365 » by shrink » Wed Dec 2, 2020 9:00 pm

GI_Slow wrote:

I mean whoever he dates is his deal, whatever.

But if he's gonna be fighting an NFL player or pointing a gun at a family that could lead him to getting arrested/suspended then it's fair to question his character.

Agreed. And if he can’t be loyal to his wife/baby mama, do you think he is going to be loyal to his team, if things get tough?
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#366 » by horaceworthy » Wed Dec 2, 2020 9:44 pm

What a talented dummy. I get that most athletes, particularly NBA players, have a reputation for this type of juggling act, but stepping out on someone who maybe/probably took the legal hit for a couple pounds of marijuana while the legal process is still playing out seems dumber than Joe Smith firing his agent.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,282

Post#367 » by Mattya » Wed Dec 2, 2020 9:54 pm

shrink wrote:
GI_Slow wrote:

But if he's gonna be fighting an NFL player or pointing a gun at a family that could lead him to getting arrested/suspended then it's fair to question his character.

Agreed. And if he can’t be loyal to his wife/baby mama, do you think he is going to be loyal to his team, if things get tough?

This is pretty absurd. Karl Malone might be the biggest scum ball in NBA history and spent how many years in Utah?
AbeVigodaLive
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,358

Post#368 » by AbeVigodaLive » Wed Dec 2, 2020 9:59 pm

shrink wrote:
GI_Slow wrote:

Well, that's entirely irrelevant. Heck, we've just had a president who basically did the same thing when his wife was pregnant or with an infant.

The rub with Beasley is that poor judgement seems to be a recurring theme... or even escalating.

- Fighting over a chick publicly.
- Pointing a gun at random people.
- Carrying a couple lbs of drugs in his home while pointing a gun at people

The holding hands with some random chick without caring whether you're filmed or not seems misguided... but it's just another "that's sorta dumb" moment in long list of them.

I mean, at the very least, if you just signed for $60M, wouldn't you want to avoid evidence of infidelity so you can keep more of it for yourself? I like smart players (people) more than dumb players (people).
Movics
Pro Prospect
And1: 649

Post#369 » by Movics » Wed Dec 2, 2020 11:00 pm

horaceworthy wrote:What a talented dummy. I get that most athletes, particularly NBA players, have a reputation for this type of juggling act, but stepping out on someone who maybe/probably took the legal hit for a couple pounds of marijuana while the legal process is still playing out seems dumber than Joe Smith firing his agent.

Was it really pounds? :lol: I haven’t heard or read how much he was caught with.
all I ever needed was somebody with some reason who can keep me sane
Ever since I can remember, I've been keepin' it together, but I'm feelin' strange
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#370 » by King Malta » Thu Dec 3, 2020 12:26 am

Yeah, I don't really care who/how many people he's sleeping with. It's the legal stuff that's concerning, hopefully he's learned his lesson there.

The NBA is full of guys who've gotten into legal trouble and have 'interesting' personal lives, as long as he produces on the court he'll be movable if we decide that's what needs to happen.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#371 » by Dewey » Thu Dec 3, 2020 1:29 am

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
shrink wrote:
GI_Slow wrote:

Well, that's entirely irrelevant. Heck, we've just had a president who basically did the same thing when his wife was pregnant or with an infant.

The rub with Beasley is that poor judgement seems to be a recurring theme... or even escalating.

- Fighting over a chick publicly.
- Pointing a gun at random people.
- Carrying a couple lbs of drugs in his home while pointing a gun at people

The holding hands with some random chick without caring whether you're filmed or not seems misguided... but it's just another "that's sorta dumb" moment in long list of them.

I mean, at the very least, if you just signed for $60M, wouldn't you want to avoid evidence of infidelity so you can keep more of it for yourself? I like smart players (people) more than dumb players (people).

Wow ... clearly more than 1 proving to not be the sharpest tax in the box
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,247

Post#372 » by Baseline81 » Thu Dec 3, 2020 3:52 am

On the court, Beasley seems to be as focused as one can hope.

Read on Twitter
AbeVigodaLive
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,358

Post#373 » by AbeVigodaLive » Thu Dec 3, 2020 4:47 am

Baseline81 wrote:On the court, Beasley seems to be as focused as one can hope.

Read on Twitter

Whew. That bit of savvy Wolves PR spin should calm everything down now.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,961

Post#374 » by shrink » Thu Dec 3, 2020 12:17 pm

I’ve always loved your screen name.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,571

Post#375 » by Klomp » Thu Dec 3, 2020 5:15 pm

The Wolves are banking on the culture Rosas and Saunders have implemented and the return to some semblance of normalcy to help Beasley get some more stability in his life. He is a known gym rat, the kind of player who likes to show up at the team facility at the crack of dawn. Not having any structured basketball for more than eight months during the COVID hiatus took a major part of Beasley’s life away, and he said he struggled to fill the gap.

“It’s the longest I haven’t played basketball, organization-wise, since I was a baby,” Beasley said. “It’s been tough not being able to play and be with a team and have the organization. Being back here already, we’re putting in the work.”

https://theathletic.com/2236145/2020/12/03/malik-beasley-timberwolves-contract-charges/
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#376 » by theGreatRC » Thu Dec 3, 2020 10:01 pm

Beasley was on IG hiding 5 pairs of his sneakers around Minny and giving hints for fans to find and keep them..

#GoodGuyBeas
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,247

Post#377 » by Baseline81 » Thu Dec 3, 2020 11:18 pm

Is this true?
Read on Twitter
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,887

Post#378 » by LibertyPrime » Sat Dec 5, 2020 2:54 am

Dual wrote:What happened with Culver, I thought he was a great prospect. Did he was really bad last season to throw the towel with him so soon?

He's actually quite good on the defensive end, and I think he kind of got thrown to the beasts when they tried to make him a PG, but there's no doubt he disappointed in other ways. In particular you can't be a guard that shoots FT's as poorly (and shoots as poorly in general) as he did and hope to stick in the league. He's got to make major strides in those respects to stick in the league and that could be hard with both Beasley and Edwards in the way.
"The last domino falls here!"
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#379 » by Jedzz » Sat Dec 5, 2020 3:02 am

Baseline81 wrote:Is this true?
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Wolves are going to only win 10 now.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#380 » by Jedzz » Sat Dec 5, 2020 3:06 am

LibertyPrime wrote:
Dual wrote:What happened with Culver, I thought he was a great prospect. Did he was really bad last season to throw the towel with him so soon?

He's actually quite good on the defensive end, and I think he kind of got thrown to the beasts when they tried to make him a PG, but there's no doubt he disappointed in other ways. In particular you can't be a guard that shoots FT's as poorly (and shoots as poorly in general) as he did and hope to stick in the league. He's got to make major strides in those respects to stick in the league and that could be hard with both Beasley and Edwards in the way.

Imagine being the most recent #6 pick last year, the team giving you major minute loads as a rook. Then they trade for Beasley who comes in knocking down 42% in games. Then the team drafts Edwards. He better have been figuring that shot out this summer. I have no doubts he was trying.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves