ImageImageImage

Time for Saunders to go?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,263

Re: Time for Saunders to go? 

Post#161 » by Baseline81 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:28 pm

mercgold3 wrote:True, but i guess thats what happends when you are the youngest coach in the NBA with such little experience.
Is not also in the intrested of Rosas to let Ryan go exacly because of that.

As I've said before, Saunders is not the ONLY problem. He is, though, the easiest to solve and could have been done days ago. Shuffling players in and out takes time. Having Taylor realize he's made yet another POBO mistake will not happen during the season.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,947

Post#162 » by Klomp » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:26 pm

Jedzz wrote:Either get McDaniels playing, or SIGN PATTON.

I can't believe nobody else sees Patton's fit here. All the times I've brought it up and nobody dares even talk about him. He was a first round pick who busted because of injuries. Well, all that means is we didn't have to play him for the developing years. He's now had some development years in the Gleague and has shown to beat on the guys at that level.

Patton on a 10 day contract. What could it possibly hurt?

I agree that Patton would be a good fit at C here. However, that's probably our least needed position right now.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#163 » by Jedzz » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:56 pm

Klomp wrote:
Jedzz wrote:Either get McDaniels playing, or SIGN PATTON.

I can't believe nobody else sees Patton's fit here. All the times I've brought it up and nobody dares even talk about him. He was a first round pick who busted because of injuries. Well, all that means is we didn't have to play him for the developing years. He's now had some development years in the Gleague and has shown to beat on the guys at that level.

Patton on a 10 day contract. What could it possibly hurt?

I agree that Patton would be a good fit at C here. However, that's probably our least needed position right now.

Center may be covered by Towns. But Reid is good some days and bad others. Davis is Davis. There is certainly room to improve center time behind Towns. But, Patton could play the 4 next to Towns as well. He could even offer Point Forward play judging from what I've seen. Kind of what we miss from what Johnson was offering last year. He might be the perfect player next to Towns when Wolves run into these larger teams.

In the 4th quarter in Griz loss, Val/Tillman/Clarke and some other huge dude made Towns look like a high schooler in size. They were sitting Dieng DNP. We are going to see it again tonight. I'd really like to see the team take some of that pressure off Towns.
Chello1
Junior
And1: 114

Post#164 » by Chello1 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:44 pm

If we would have drafted Wiseman we would be fine! That is going to be the pick that haunts us forever!
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#165 » by Baseline81 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:00 pm

In Dane Moore's latest podcast, Britt Robson thinks Saunders is in more danger than people realize. He stated a 10-game losing streak, 1 of 9, or 3 of 15 if the roster is healthy would be enough to scapegoat Saunders. Noted Rosas is not going without Saunders going first.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#166 » by Jedzz » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:02 pm

Baseline81 wrote:In Dane Moore's latest podcast, Britt Robson thinks Saunders is in more danger than people realize. He stated a 10-game losing streak, 1 of 9, or 3 of 15 if the roster is healthy would be enough to scapegoat Saunders. Noted Rosas is not going without Saunders going first.

Doesn't matter if Rosas scape goats him. Rosas will follow. This is entirely his messed up roster. He could fix this at any time, could have already.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#167 » by Foye » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:33 pm

Chello1 wrote:If we would have drafted Wiseman we would be fine! That is going to be the pick that haunts us forever!

Been preaching that weeks ahead of the draft.

Still can't believe Wiseman wasn't the pick.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#168 » by Worm Guts » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:52 pm

Foye wrote:
Chello1 wrote:If we would have drafted Wiseman we would be fine! That is going to be the pick that haunts us forever!

It looks Ball should have been the pick at this point. Still not the guy we took.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,457

Post#169 » by Foye » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:51 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Foye wrote:

It looks Ball should have been the pick at this point. Still not the guy we took.

He has been better than expected but you do not want to have Lavar around.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#170 » by Jedzz » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:04 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Foye wrote:

How would it have worked though? You would have to trade the players you had to make room for him. Unless you would expect to use Ball as 2 guard or playing 3 as a wing as well. He was the one that would require point duties for certain. That would have been a decision to dump everything they did at trade deadline. As it turns out Edwards is much the same except they are at least trying to use him as 2/3 as well.

Wiseman was the one that wouldnt necessarily screw up what you had right away as much. But none of them were good fits here.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#171 » by Krapinsky » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:32 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

The answer he is looking for is to play Naz and Towns together. It's so obvious to me at this point but here's guessing it will take Saunders until the seasons already lost to figure it out.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#172 » by Jedzz » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:55 am

Krapinsky wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

The answer he is looking for is to play Naz and Towns together. It's so obvious to me at this point but here's guessing it will take Saunders until the seasons already lost to figure it out.

I would like to see them try that once as well. They are already missing size at the 3 most of the time. Other teams have guys in the 6-8 235 range at SF and we had people blowing smoke up our butts about Edwards being 6-6 and all that. Might as well use two real bigs if we are going to use three guards at once.
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#173 » by UnFadeable21 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:41 pm

Okc Thunder is 6-6, a .500 team and their roster is horrible.

But that’s what good coaching can doz. Wolves have a bad coach and bad roster.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#174 » by _AIJ_ » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:35 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:Okc Thunder is 6-6, a .500 team and their roster is horrible.

They play really hard and they have a bunch of all defense dudes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,115

Post#175 » by m2002brian » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:00 pm

I think Saunders is a horrid coach.
But firing him/replacing him would be like putting a new heart in a dead body.

This team needs, desperately, a new body. That being new ownership on down to management. Until that happens we’re just spinning our wheels.
BLUEGREENRED
Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,705

Post#176 » by Shaka_Zulu » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:06 pm

m2002brian wrote:I think Saunders is a horrid coach.
But firing him/replacing him would be like putting a new heart in a dead body.

This team needs, desperately, a new body. That being new ownership on down to management. Until that happens we’re just spinning our wheels.
But the first step and most doable is the coach. He has absolutely no clue and I'm not really sure why he is still there.

But question becomes who would take on this job when are equipped with such poorly fit roster. Any coaching change requires immediate trades to give them more sense/sensible two-way-ish players.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#177 » by Jedzz » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:32 pm

_AIJ_ wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:Okc Thunder is 6-6, a .500 team and their roster is horrible.

They play really hard and they have a bunch of all defense dudes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not lke they are just defenders. THey've scored over 100 in 9 of those games. SGA/HILL are no joke. They have a lot of guards and smaller guys like we do. They have a Poku at depth like we have McDaniels only Wolves won't play him. Then they have Horford and Bazley.

We should be a .500 team at worst this season if they hadn't pinched the roster chemistry early on. We've got weaknesses on size and that's why we should be .500 instead of better. But shouldn't be 3-8 with multiple collapses in games. Missing Towns so much could be the difference to .500 or it might not.
Chello1
Junior
And1: 114

Post#178 » by Chello1 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:35 pm

Watch Doogies stint on you tube with the skor north boys and you will really start to worry. He talks about Saunders being on the ghot seat (He is). But the scary thing is how this front office has missed on so many college players. They didn't have Herro in the top 25 of the draft as an example. He talks about many they have completely missed on so far. Bring into question Rosas and the people he has evaluating talent. How can we continue to draft guys with broken shots? Culver and Edwards both have terrible shots... We need to clean house.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,947

Post#179 » by Klomp » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:58 pm

Chello1 wrote:Watch Doogies stint on you tube with the skor north boys and you will really start to worry. He talks about Saunders being on the ghot seat (He is). But the scary thing is how this front office has missed on so many college players. They didn't have Herro in the top 25 of the draft as an example. He talks about many they have completely missed on so far. Bring into question Rosas and the people he has evaluating talent. How can we continue to draft guys with broken shots? Culver and Edwards both have terrible shots... We need to clean house.

Again, this is where people need to understand that not all systems are made the same. Guys might not develop the same in Sacramento as they would in Boston or Miami.

Yes, they had Herro lower. Clarke too was another he brought up. But I do believe it's important to draft based on your situation and not based on how he ends up looking in another system. All PFs aren't made the same. Drafting any PF doesn't automatically mean it's gonna be a better season. I also have a sneaky suspicion they viewed him more as a C than a PF which also would understandably slide him down the draft board. And Clarke ended up going 21 so a lot of teams got that wrong. Now I think it's fair to question the system and whether it's right, but I don't think you can say they have been way off in finding the skill sets the system requires. Herro is a bit more frustrating in hindsight, but I do remember there were a lot of differing views on him around the draft process.

For those who haven't heard, guys they liked at 11 were Doumbouya and Alexander-Walker. I could see Doumbouya be a target at the trade deadline. Doesn't seem like he's got a firm role in Detroit, though Casey has still spoken highly of him.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,967

Post#180 » by Domejandro » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:30 pm

Foye wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
Foye wrote:

He has been better than expected but you do not want to have Lavar around.

Lavar hasn’t been connected to LaMelo for like two years now.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves