ImageImageImage

Around the League 2020-21

Moderators: Domejandro, Calinks, Worm Guts

Jedzz
RealGM
Posts: 10,541
And1: 2,236
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: Around the League 2020-21 

Post#261 » by Jedzz » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:57 pm

Baseline81 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Yes my boy. Not #1 on my wish list, but I was and still am a fan. If you go back and check what I had to say about him I called him the closest thing to Steve Nash coming into the draft.

My point was to show he wasn't your first or second option (Deni was). To say he was your boy is a little misleading.

How many boys do you two have? Jedzz also liked Nesmith.


Me, Jedzz, might literally be the only one that said i wouldn't care who people think should be taken 1,2,3, that I would just take Haliburton there at #1 if you can't slide down a bit first. I ranted, ranted at depth about him all summer. Showed there is no reason to select Ball over him. Fought that fight right up to the day before the draft showing how a bunch of the Draft Guru Specialists that had been talking up Ball/Edwards/Wiseman for 10 months all went on a 30 minute long love fest about Haliburton two days before the draft one night on national coverage.

Sure I also grouped Nesmith with others as a set of good shooters, that also had height that the Wolves should draft from. I never said he was my first selection though. So check your memory. I remember a few people suggesting he sucks and argued with them though. Personally, knowing the Wolves would go with HYPE at #1, I wanted the size and two way play of S. Bey for this specific team being the first to add him to the realGM mock. I believe I had already added Haliburton before that. Not that any were comfirming my votes with addition votes. They kept sliding each time. Can't remember for sure though. Another player I also talked up at length like these guys was Devin Vassell. Height and proven college shooting, two way play, known for defense. The idea of him was sold to me by someone else here early on in the spring. So it was pretty much Haliburton, Saddiq Bey, Vassell, heck I would have been fine with Toppin, and then a whole list of shooters I would have been fine with. My post history will show that.

Glad he's doing well, proving that shot of his transfers just fine. The thing most people here said would never. Just pissed we don't have his added shooting/passing/game iq here now.
Neeva
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,765
And1: 1,239
Joined: Jun 03, 2016

Re: Around the League 2020-21 

Post#262 » by Neeva » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:29 pm

Life would be so much better if dumbasses Glen and Thibs traded Wiggins instead of Zach in Butler trade.
franchise crippling mistake..smh
mercgold3
General Manager
Posts: 9,453
And1: 3,197
Joined: Nov 21, 2013
   

Re: Around the League 2020-21 

Post#263 » by mercgold3 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:25 pm

Neeva wrote:Life would be so much better if dumbasses Glen and Thibs traded Wiggins instead of Zach in Butler trade.
franchise crippling mistake..smh

And drafted Murray over Dunn
And drafted John Collins over Patton
And kept Rubio over Teague

Oh boy, and the list goes on and on.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 42,063
And1: 9,632
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: Around the League 2020-21 

Post#264 » by Calinks » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:52 am

Gordon Hayward lookin pretty good latelly.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 42,063
And1: 9,632
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: Around the League 2020-21 

Post#265 » by Calinks » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:23 am

Knicks hitting a brick wall, three-game losing streak, poor defense and lack of offense.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Jedzz
RealGM
Posts: 10,541
And1: 2,236
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: Around the League 2020-21 

Post#266 » by Jedzz » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:43 am

Calinks wrote:Gordon Hayward lookin pretty good latelly.


I haven'looked, has he played mroe then 5 games?
minimus
General Manager
Posts: 8,735
And1: 2,289
Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Location: Germany, Stuttgart area
 

Re: Around the League 2020-21 

Post#267 » by minimus » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:03 am

Robert Covington has been pretty mediocre. What happened to him?
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 42,063
And1: 9,632
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: Around the League 2020-21 

Post#268 » by Calinks » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:10 am

Going to be a lot of talk about Westbrook hurting the Wizards.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 42,063
And1: 9,632
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: Around the League 2020-21 

Post#269 » by Calinks » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:16 am

Read on Twitter


When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
minimus
General Manager
Posts: 8,735
And1: 2,289
Joined: Jan 28, 2011
Location: Germany, Stuttgart area
 

Re: Around the League 2020-21 

Post#270 » by minimus » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:23 am

I always wondered what happened to Stanley Johnson. Looks like he is getting some opportunities in TOR.

Neeva
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,765
And1: 1,239
Joined: Jun 03, 2016

Re: Around the League 2020-21 

Post#271 » by Neeva » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:37 pm

jpatrick wrote:
Calinks wrote:Lamelo with a triple-double and a win, kid is balling right now, I have to give him credit.


Passing on Ball will be what everyone remembers about Rosas in 10 years, much like Kahn passing on Steph twice.

What you see now is what you saw in the last half of his games in Australia. It’s why almost every single draft analyst had him #1.

Not shockingly, with his size, athletic ability, and BBIQ, besides becoming a triple double threat, he’s playing good defense. Outplayed Trae tonight, holding him to 5-19 while getting a triple double in a win.

As a Wolves fan since the beginning, passing on Ball because we had Russell, who I just don’t think contributes to winning, makes me a little ill.


Lets be honest if the wolves had drafted Lamela, he would be sucking balls and Edwards would be balling in Charlotte. I am done with this cursed franchise!
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 56,270
And1: 12,325
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Around the League 2020-21 

Post#272 » by Klomp » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:44 pm

Neeva wrote:
jpatrick wrote:
Calinks wrote:Lamelo with a triple-double and a win, kid is balling right now, I have to give him credit.


Passing on Ball will be what everyone remembers about Rosas in 10 years, much like Kahn passing on Steph twice.

What you see now is what you saw in the last half of his games in Australia. It’s why almost every single draft analyst had him #1.

Not shockingly, with his size, athletic ability, and BBIQ, besides becoming a triple double threat, he’s playing good defense. Outplayed Trae tonight, holding him to 5-19 while getting a triple double in a win.

As a Wolves fan since the beginning, passing on Ball because we had Russell, who I just don’t think contributes to winning, makes me a little ill.


Lets be honest if the wolves had drafted Lamela, he would be sucking balls and Edwards would be balling in Charlotte. I am done with this cursed franchise!

This is kinda what I was saying in the Edwards thread. People like to draw straight lines between situations when that's just not the case. There are many different things that can alter how a particular player will perform in a particular environment. Ball may have landed in the absolute best situation for his immediate production, given the players around him. He wouldn't have that here. Same story for Wiseman in Golden State. That's not even said as an indictment on the Timberwolves, it's just the reality of the situation. I'd also say that Minnesota might be Edwards' best environment for longterm development, even if we can't see the full return immediately.

So if Ball only gives you a 7/10 return on his ability here and Wiseman a 6/10 return while Edwards could give you a 8/10, even if the maximum output has Ball or Wiseman slightly ahead, you have to look at your own situation to see what your best outcome can be.

Using 2k ratings, a 7/10 on an 85 overall player is a production output of 59.5 while an 8/10 on an 80 overall is a production output of 64. Ball being an 85 overall to Edwards' 80 overall doesn't mean as much if Edwards would give you 64 output while Ball only gave 59.5.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
Jedzz
RealGM
Posts: 10,541
And1: 2,236
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: Around the League 2020-21 

Post#273 » by Jedzz » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:18 pm

minimus wrote:I always wondered what happened to Stanley Johnson. Looks like he is getting some opportunities in TOR.


Started 50 games for Pistons in 2017, couldn't hit threes. Looks like he was with Raptors last season.
Jedzz
RealGM
Posts: 10,541
And1: 2,236
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: Around the League 2020-21 

Post#274 » by Jedzz » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:21 pm

Klomp wrote:Using 2k ratings, a 7/10 on an 85 overall player is a production output of 59.5 while an 8/10 on an 80 overall is a production output of 64. Ball being an 85 overall to Edwards' 80 overall doesn't mean as much if Edwards would give you 64 output while Ball only gave 59.5.


You didn't just use 2k ratings did you? You did what?
Jedzz
RealGM
Posts: 10,541
And1: 2,236
Joined: Oct 05, 2018
   

Re: Around the League 2020-21 

Post#275 » by Jedzz » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:36 pm

Calinks wrote:
Read on Twitter




So all teams out there know, if he doesn't want to be there this is who you get.

Wall, Harden, House, Tucker, Wood, ...Gordon still there, Cousins, Mclemore

So... What's he missing really that he had last year? A heart? A soul?

Just retire.
UnFadeable21
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,437
And1: 379
Joined: Mar 30, 2019

Re: Around the League 2020-21 

Post#276 » by UnFadeable21 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:20 pm

The Rockets are “increasingly determined” to get a James Harden trade done today

Rockets coach Stephen Silas said James Harden was not at practice today. "We felt that it was best for the group and best for James not to come to practice."

John Wall on James Harden wanting out of Houston: “Come on man, you want to jump off the ship after nine games?”

The Rockets are considering deals from the 76ers and Nets

DeMarcus Cousins says he doesn’t care if James Harden plays for the Rockets again.


BREAKING: The Rockets are asking for Ben Simmons and Tyrese Maxey in a package for James Harden
UnFadeable21
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,437
And1: 379
Joined: Mar 30, 2019

Re: Around the League 2020-21 

Post#277 » by UnFadeable21 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:21 pm

Update on Kyrie situation:

Kyrie’s been “furious” at the organization for some time for not giving him more input on the head coach hiring.

He was not in favor of Steve Nash.

Also, his relationship with Kevin Durant has been described as “very distant” recently.

Stephen A. Smith was asked if Kyrie Irving is worth the drama;

“No, he’s not, he’s not worth it at all...I think Kyrie Irving should retire; I think he should announce his retirement today. Clearly, you don’t want to play basketball bad enough
Neeva
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,765
And1: 1,239
Joined: Jun 03, 2016

Re: Around the League 2020-21 

Post#278 » by Neeva » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:38 pm

The rockets are a mess, fire rosas’ ass for emulating them.
mercgold3
General Manager
Posts: 9,453
And1: 3,197
Joined: Nov 21, 2013
   

Re: Around the League 2020-21 

Post#279 » by mercgold3 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:44 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:Update on Kyrie situation:

Kyrie’s been “furious” at the organization for some time for not giving him more input on the head coach hiring.

He was not in favor of Steve Nash.

Also, his relationship with Kevin Durant has been described as “very distant” recently.

Stephen A. Smith was asked if Kyrie Irving is worth the drama;

“No, he’s not, he’s not worth it at all...I think Kyrie Irving should retire; I think he should announce his retirement today. Clearly, you don’t want to play basketball bad enough

I don't know who's the worst between Kyrie and Harden... Seriously

Such a drama queen's with way too much power.
UnFadeable21
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,437
And1: 379
Joined: Mar 30, 2019

Re: Around the League 2020-21 

Post#280 » by UnFadeable21 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:16 pm

Breaking news!

The Brooklyn Nets are trading 4 1st-round picks and four draft swaps to the Rockets. Caris LeVert and Jarrett Allen are being traded to the Houston Rockets for James Harden

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves