Re: Game 9 : San Antonio Spurs (4-4) @ Minnesota Timberwolves (2-6) - 8:00 PM 

Post#201 » by moonpie » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:21 am

Okogie will play tonight, coming off the bench with a minutes restriction
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#202 » by Jedzz » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:32 am

moonpie wrote:Okogie will play tonight, coming off the bench with a minutes restriction

Well, he plays best and has had his biggest impacts when playing off bench and only when needed.

But, I just can't wait to see who loses minutes to him and how they add another guard back to this mess. Please let a miracle occur and somehow have the Okogie impact to the playing roster turn into the keystone of sorts for this whole thing.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,526

Post#203 » by Note30 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:59 am

Killboard wrote:
Note30 wrote:
Killboard wrote:You don't have to completely extend your arm to extend your arm. Offensive players aren't allowed to use his off arm to protect the ball by creating contact on the defender, which happens very often and I'm OK with IF they defensive player is also allowed to get contact (not grab or push, which Culver didn't do). Culver neither touch DeRozan right arm in his first swipe, but he could have grabbed DeRozan right arm wich he had in his belly.

When was the last time you played basketball?

I played pick up before the pandemy, and play organized as a teenager more than a decade ago, but how that make more or less of a foul?

Plus, this settles it:

https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport.html?gameId=0022000138

The league says "Culver (MIN) makes contact with the ball during DeRozan's (SAS) shooting motion and dislodges the ball defending his driving shot attempt. Any ensuing contact is deemed incidental."

When was the last time you had your eyes checked?

Offensive players aren't allowed to use his off arm to protect the ball by creating contact on the defender.

He didnt create contact thats a natural motion, thats why I'm saying when was the last time you played. Its impossible not to have your arm there, he was driving.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#204 » by Killboard » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:40 am

Note30 wrote:
Killboard wrote:
Note30 wrote:
When was the last time you played basketball?

I played pick up before the pandemy, and play organized as a teenager more than a decade ago, but how that make more or less of a foul?

Plus, this settles it:

https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport.html?gameId=0022000138

The league says "Culver (MIN) makes contact with the ball during DeRozan's (SAS) shooting motion and dislodges the ball defending his driving shot attempt. Any ensuing contact is deemed incidental."

When was the last time you had your eyes checked?

Offensive players aren't allowed to use his off arm to protect the ball by creating contact on the defender.

He didnt create contact thats a natural motion, thats why I'm saying when was the last time you played. Its impossible not to have your arm there, he was driving.

You can't bump the offensive player. You can protect your dribble but not create space with it, which he did, you can see Culver leaning back after the contact. I get that is almost never called and that fine, the game would be unplayable if that were the case, but you must let the defender to create some contact as well, which the refs agreed once the rewatched the play.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves