Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,959

Re: Post game thoughts. Spurs. 

Post#61 » by Domejandro » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:14 am

Nick K wrote:
Domejandro wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:Just fire Ryan Saunders tonight. Enough of this 3rd year rookie head coach clueless every night.

DeRozan is killing us all night, how about put Jarred Vanderbilt on him. A 6’9 forward who can bother him with his length and size.

Last play of the game in OT, we have two timeouts! Use one and draw up a play!

How many more excuses will this guy get game after game, loss after loss.

Ryan Saunders coaching record is now 38-77.

Jarred Vanderbilt would have been absolutely brutalized by Demar DeRozan, dude isn’t laterally quick enough for that assignment.

Jared Vanderbilt is plenty quick laterally. Plus, if he does get beat he can come from behind with his length and contest the shot.

He is absolutely not quick enough laterally to defend DeMar DeRozan, and getting beat means that your defense has to collapse on DeRozan. This effectively means open passing lanes, an open shot, or (in your coming behind idea) a foul. It would be a disaster.
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#62 » by UnFadeable21 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:16 am

Nick K wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
Domejandro wrote:Anthony Edwards had a wide open dunk that would have put Minnesota down one with multiple seconds left. Just a bad take.

Regardless, D'Angelo Russells monopolizing of possessions hurts Minnesota. I have zero idea why Ryan would isolate him at the top, when Minnesota is at their best when Towns is the primary play maker. It is maddening to me that Minnesota does not fully utilize Karl-Anthony Towns.

I guess Jim Pete, a former NBA player, former WNBA associate coach, said the exact same thing that Ryan should of called a timeout.

Jim Pete, you don’t know basketball!

Did you really say that? That is now my #1 stupid comment for the year.

You read it wrong. I’m not saying Jim Pete doesn’t know basketball, I’m saying Jim Pete called for the wolves to take a timeout on the last possession as I did as well. Those in here disagreed and say we shouldn’t have taken the timeout.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#63 » by Jedzz » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:23 am

Domejandro wrote:
Nick K wrote:
Domejandro wrote:Jarred Vanderbilt would have been absolutely brutalized by Demar DeRozan, dude isn’t laterally quick enough for that assignment.

Jared Vanderbilt is plenty quick laterally. Plus, if he does get beat he can come from behind with his length and contest the shot.

He is absolutely not quick enough laterally to defend DeMar DeRozan, and getting beat means that your defense has to collapse on DeRozan. This effectively means open passing lanes, an open shot, or (in your coming behind idea) a foul. It would be a disaster.
Culver got beat by him repeatedly. Maybe, and this is just a maybe, DeRozan doesn't get stopped by many in this league and Wolevs stinking at defense means more then usual.

It wouldn't be any more a disaster than we saw last night in my opinion. DeRozan scored 38 last night, 17 over average. He was already collapsing the D and opening up shots whenever they wanted last night.

Since DeRozan is a piss poor outside shooter, let him drive the net as usual. Don't pay him so much mind. Stop fouling him so much. Stop collapsing on him. Let our bigs do their roles at the rim and otherwise only allow one player at most to be on DeRozan. Cover everyone else. I don't care if he gets 38. Just stop 1 or 2 other from getting into double digits on wide open 3s. Every other Spurs player that got double digits shot well from 3.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#64 » by Jedzz » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:27 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:
Nick K wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
I guess Jim Pete, a former NBA player, former WNBA associate coach, said the exact same thing that Ryan should of called a timeout.

You read it wrong. I’m not saying Jim Pete doesn’t know basketball, I’m saying Jim Pete called for the wolves to take a timeout on the last possession as I did as well. Those in here disagreed and say we shouldn’t have taken the timeout.

Don't bother. Reading is a real issue here. Second comes admitting it. Never happens. They see only what they want to see.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,966

Post#65 » by Nick K » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:02 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:
Nick K wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:

I got you. Sorry about that.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves