ImageImageImage

I Quit.

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,169

Re: I Quit. 

Post#21 » by Neeva » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:00 pm

I will care again when the proper rebuild begins.
Draft Cunningham with this years pick then trade Kat to the Warriors for Wiseman and our 2022 pick back. Trade Dlo/Beasley/Rubio for future picks.

Cade Cunningham
Edwards/Nowell
Culver/Bolmaro
Emoni Bates or Chet Holmgren/McDaniels
Wiseman

THAT Is a nice start for the new rebuild.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#22 » by Merc_Porto » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:16 pm

Foye wrote:Build as a treadmill team, will die as a treadmill team.

I couldn't have said it better.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#23 » by Jedzz » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:21 pm

mercgold3 wrote:

When did they ever reach treadmill team level?
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#24 » by Jedzz » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:23 pm

Neeva wrote:I will care again when the proper rebuild begins.
Draft Cunningham with this years pick then trade Kat to the Warriors for Wiseman and our 2022 pick back. Trade Dlo/Beasley/Rubio for future picks.

Cade Cunningham
Edwards/Nowell
Culver/Bolmaro
Emoni Bates or Chet Holmgren/McDaniels
Wiseman

THAT Is a nice start for the new rebuild.

Trade everyone for picks next year so you can trade them all up and get all the guys you are saying we can start over with.

Cade C
Chet Holmgren
Emoni Bates

Any other top picks they are going to get all at once? Draft 1,2,3,4,5 and have a brand new rookie team. 1-81 in 2022.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,444

Post#25 » by Foye » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:16 am

Jedzz wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:

I never said that they have reached treadmill level already did I?
At this point, a treadmill team seems the best case scenario.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#26 » by Jedzz » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:23 am

Foye wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
mercgold3 wrote:

I never said that they have reached treadmill level already did I?
At this point, a treadmill team seems the best case scenario.

Theyve been at treadonme level for so long I long for treadmill status. 5 years of first round series exits is a dream scenario. Isn't that how Toronto did it? Then added one player and zipped right to the finals. Sounds like a plan.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,046

Post#27 » by shangrila » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:00 am

I don't understand why people don't just leave.

If you want to go, fine, it's not like I can blame you especially with the current team. But just go, like Devilz did. Like cpspf did. Like revprodeji did. Like I did for about 18 months. There's no need for a grand announcement or fond farewells. No offence but nobody cares.

Best wishes though, I guess. Here's hoping you last longer than Foye did, though that's not exactly a high bar to cross.
Foye

Post#28 » by Foye » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:25 am

shangrila wrote:I don't understand why people don't just leave.

If you want to go, fine, it's not like I can blame you especially with the current team. But just go, like Devilz did. Like cpspf did. Like revprodeji did. Like I did for about 18 months. There's no need for a grand announcement or fond farewells. No offence but nobody cares.

Best wishes though, I guess. Here's hoping you last longer than Foye did, though that's not exactly a high bar to cross.

I post here from time to time because I am still around following the league and realgm is a great source...the ship where I was emotionally invested into the Wolves has long sailed. Don't worry.

Anyway, what is so wrong about urinesane saying he is out?
I find it more strange if people just disappear into nothing.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,169

Post#29 » by Neeva » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:27 am

You cared enough to make this post lol
shangrila
RealGM

Post#30 » by shangrila » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:36 am

Neeva wrote:

Because this kind of thing annoys me, honestly. It comes across as a childish attention grab.

I know it shouldn't. I know I shouldn't bother posting even though it does. But I figure it all evens out in the end so...eh.
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,751

Post#31 » by Slim Tubby » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:40 am

minimus wrote:I’m done, too. I still love this team, but I don't want to read all these negative posts about MIN. I have enough of this in real life. So I will not post any long post here on this board. It requires time, and now as we are expecting our fourth child, I've opted out to create and support/promote my own telegram channel (+podcast) dedicated to MIN. Obviously, it is in Russian, so I can save some time, writing in my mother language.

Stay healthy and safe MIN brotherhood!

Don’t let the frustrated guys like me get the best of you, minimus...your true passion and love for this team comes out in every one of your posts.

Congrats on the 4th little one and good luck with your media venture!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
Foye

Post#32 » by Foye » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:43 am

shangrila wrote:
Neeva wrote:

Because this kind of thing annoys me, honestly. It comes across as a childish attention grab.

I know it shouldn't. I know I shouldn't bother posting even though it does. But I figure it all evens out in the end so...eh.

No offense to you, when I need attention I prefer to go to my girl not an online messaging board. :lol:
shangrila
RealGM

Post#33 » by shangrila » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:47 am

Foye wrote:

I post here from time to time because I am still around following the league and realgm is a great source...the ship where I was emotionally invested into the Wolves has long sailed. Don't worry.

You said you were done. 2 weeks later you were back here, posting about this team you were supposedly done with. I find that funny.

And you say you're not emotionally invested yet...here you are, complaining that the team didn't do x or y, wasting your time on a forum dedicated to a team you don't alledgedly care about. I call shenanigans.

It's just bizarre to me. Like if you went into your local supermarket and loudly announced that you're moving and you'll miss all the random strangers you occasionally walk past while doing your shopping.

The irony in all this is I'm pretty sure urinesane peaced out for a while anyway not too long ago. And no thread was needed then. But I guess you've set the precedent so maybe I should prepare my own fandom eulogy. Just in case, you know?
shangrila
RealGM

Post#34 » by shangrila » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:49 am

Foye wrote:
shangrila wrote:
Neeva wrote:

No offense to you, when I need attention I prefer to go to my girl not an online messaging board. :lol:

:lol:
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,003

Post#35 » by shrink » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:19 am

Foye wrote:No offense to you, when I need attention I prefer to go to my girl not an online messaging board. :lol:

Me too. Your girl is great!

Seriously though, I completely understand if people feel they need to leave, especially with all the negativity, but hopefully this will just be a temporary vacation. I’d miss you guys.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Foye

Post#36 » by Foye » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:02 am

shangrila wrote:
Foye wrote:

You said you were done. 2 weeks later you were back here, posting about this team you were supposedly done with. I find that funny.

And you say you're not emotionally invested yet...here you are, complaining that the team didn't do x or y, wasting your time on a forum dedicated to a team you don't alledgedly care about. I call shenanigans.

It's just bizarre to me. Like if you went into your local supermarket and loudly announced that you're moving and you'll miss all the random strangers you occasionally walk past while doing your shopping.

The irony in all this is I'm pretty sure urinesane peaced out for a while anyway not too long ago. And no thread was needed then. But I guess you've set the precedent so maybe I should prepare my own fandom eulogy. Just in case, you know?

Indeed I am wasting my time...but that is due to the fact that my hobbies are basically all forbidden at the moment, I work from home, my phone display crashed and have buttloads of time to kill until regular life is possible again here in Germany. Certainly a reason why I have come back to posting more frequently these days.

I guess you can say that I am a bit emotionally tied to this board because I liked posting on here for a long-time.
The Wolves are just the bad ex where you keep wondering about yourself how you were so stupid in your younger days to fall in love with her.
Foye

Post#37 » by Foye » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:08 am

shrink wrote:
Foye wrote:No offense to you, when I need attention I prefer to go to my girl not an online messaging board. :lol:

Me too. Your girl is great!

Seriously though, I completely understand if people feel they need to leave, especially with all the negativity, but hopefully this will just be a temporary vacation. I’d miss you guys.

Been through all imaginable ups and downs with the girls over the years.
I can conclude: She is not only great, she is the best. :thumbsup: :D
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#38 » by Jedzz » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:20 pm

All this negativity in this town sucks! Isn't that the battle cry this thread is missing?
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,887

Post#39 » by LibertyPrime » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:30 am

I don't think I'll ever quit the Wolves but that doesn't mean I don't reserve the rights to follow other teams during the year, especially a year as bad as this is shaping up to be. Like I said in an overly lengthy post on the main board, if franchise continually makes choices that make you bang your head against the wall in frustration, then you are free to follow other teams who do seem to be making the right decisions. Sports are allegedly about having fun, and there's not much fun to be had in saying "I told you so" when your hometown team predictably falls apart every year. After all, the team that got me watching basketball in the first place wasn't the Wolves, but rather the 1993 Rockets.
"The last domino falls here!"
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#40 » by Jedzz » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:14 am

LibertyPrime wrote:I don't think I'll ever quit the Wolves but that doesn't mean I don't reserve the rights to follow other teams during the year, especially a year as bad as this is shaping up to be.
... After all, the team that got me watching basketball in the first place wasn't the Wolves, but rather the 1993 Rockets.

I wouldn't know which team could lock me in. Maybe Portland or Mavs, maybe if Grizz continue their good drafting, maybe Miami now that they've changed a bit (but that could change again quickly if they go star hunting). Not sure.

I couldn't feel good about spending time on Lakers, Philly, Celtcs bug me for some reason although I've been a little amped for them ever since they added Tacko Falls. Has anyone ever looked at his per36 numbers? If he could learn to shoot FTs he might be amazing in a rotation, even 10 minutes every game. But nah, he only got into 7 games. Any of the teams regulartly buying stars would drive me away. Bucks I enjoyed unti Giannis went diva and the team just pisses money down drains each year now for him.

I like how Portland isn't confused about who they are, ever. Dame sticking there, can't beat that. He and McCollum as long time pair. But you probably have to enjoy that kind of player. Liked their moves this offseason although they are only 7-5 so far this year. The struggle seems like home with a little more positivity and a lot more identity.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves