ImageImageImage

2021 Draft thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,123

Re: 2021 Draft thread 

Post#101 » by m2002brian » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:27 pm

Gonzaga on now. Suggs playing like Rubio right now. Bring ball up, hand off/initiate . Hit 3s when asked.
BLUEGREENRED
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,608

Post#102 » by jpatrick » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:33 pm

m2002brian wrote:Gonzaga on now. Suggs playing like Rubio right now. Bring ball up, hand off/initiate . Hit 3s when asked.

Suggs plays winning basketball. Does what it takes to win, even if that means no stats. His game against Kansas early in the year is still the most impressive performance I’ve seen this season.

Love his game. Not sure I’d take him in the top three for this team though. So many guards. And Mobley, Cunningham, and Green are also talented and probably better fits.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,203

Post#103 » by Neeva » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:42 pm

Wish Suggs had more elite athleticism or was more of a dead eye shooter but then he would be undoubtedly the number one pick.
m2002brian
Veteran

Post#104 » by m2002brian » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:44 pm

jpatrick wrote:
m2002brian wrote:Gonzaga on now. Suggs playing like Rubio right now. Bring ball up, hand off/initiate . Hit 3s when asked.

Suggs plays winning basketball. Does what it takes to win, even if that means no stats. His game against Kansas early in the year is still the most impressive performance I’ve seen this season.

Love his game. Not sure I’d take him in the top three for this team though. So many guards. And Mobley, Cunningham, and Green are also talented and probably better fits.

Yeah. I wasn’t dissing.
He’s playing within the team concept and hitting shots when called upon.
Most college draftees are a1 on their team, once drafted have a hard time integrating into a pro team that filled with much better talent than they’ve ever been surrounded by. Thus they tend to force their game.
See early Towns, not passing out of double teams. Something that’s now being said of Ant not passing out on his drives (that get shut down).
Suggs seams to really play well within the team. He trust his own talent, but also the talent around him. This allows him to make the right play instead of forcing his own play.
BLUEGREENRED
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#105 » by Neeva » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:46 pm

The thing is Suggs went to a team with lots of a talent and a great coach, Cunningham (and Ant last season) did not. A coach makes a world a difference like with Finch.
m2002brian
Veteran

Post#106 » by m2002brian » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:50 pm

Which, is what gives me tremendous hope with Ant and any new guy we draft. The right coach can help instilled that confidence in a player to trust the team.
BLUEGREENRED
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#107 » by Neeva » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:54 pm

Im definitely down to safe pick Suggs or swing for the fences Green. I don’t see Rosas being into safe picks though.
Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Post#108 » by Norseman79 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:18 pm

The fact that Suggs plays within the team concept shouldn't be held against him. The fact is he is a gifted athlete with a tremendous iq. I have said I would take Suggs and Cunningham or Suggs and Mobley, but no matter what, I take Suggs.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#109 » by Jedzz » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:23 pm

everything is wonderful
Norseman79
Sixth Man

Post#110 » by Norseman79 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:25 pm

The more I watch the Wolves, the more evident it is to me that this just needs to blow up. Keep Finch, hell keep Rosas, but the roster just needs to change. In saying so, I would get rid of Kat, Edwards, DLo, and Beasley...and for the most and highest picks I could get this year.

Green and Suggs have become my top two choices, with Barnes as a 3rd. I like Mcdaniels, not in the build around him way, but in the he checks the box for winning basketball. No team that I know of has tried blowing it up and building in just one draft, but with our assets we could. The trades would obviously bring back players, and we don't need stars back, we need good players back.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,173

Post#111 » by _AIJ_ » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:44 pm

No date for the lottery and the actual draft yet ?
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#112 » by Worm Guts » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:47 pm

Norseman79 wrote:The more I watch the Wolves, the more evident it is to me that this just needs to blow up. Keep Finch, hell keep Rosas, but the roster just needs to change. In saying so, I would get rid of Kat, Edwards, DLo, and Beasley...and for the most and highest picks I could get this year.

Green and Suggs have become my top two choices, with Barnes as a 3rd. I like Mcdaniels, not in the build around him way, but in the he checks the box for winning basketball. No team that I know of has tried blowing it up and building in just one draft, but with our assets we could. The trades would obviously bring back players, and we don't need stars back, we need good players back.

Stuff like that normally sounds like a better idea before the draft than ends up being. Towns is the only one that potentially gets us a top 4 pick, and that probably depends on who’s doing the picking.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#113 » by Neeva » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:14 pm

Try one more season with towns/dlo if it don’t work, trade towns for a top pick in 2022 draft.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,965

Post#114 » by Klomp » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:24 pm

_AIJ_ wrote:No date for the lottery and the actual draft yet ?

I would guess around mid to late August
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Norseman79
Sixth Man

Post#115 » by Norseman79 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:39 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Norseman79 wrote:The more I watch the Wolves, the more evident it is to me that this just needs to blow up. Keep Finch, hell keep Rosas, but the roster just needs to change. In saying so, I would get rid of Kat, Edwards, DLo, and Beasley...and for the most and highest picks I could get this year.

Stuff like that normally sounds like a better idea before the draft than ends up being. Towns is the only one that potentially gets us a top 4 pick, and that probably depends on who’s doing the picking.

If Karl Towns isn't good enough to get the #1 overall, what the hell we building around him for?
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#116 » by Worm Guts » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:02 am

Norseman79 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

If Karl Towns isn't good enough to get the #1 overall, what the hell we building around him for?

It’s not always about good enough, sometimes it’s about where a team is in its rebuilding. Why would a team trade for Towns just to be the Timberwolves? They need to feel like they have enough other good players on their team to compete.
Of course, I don’t necessarily buy that logic anyway. Even if Towns isn’t worth number pick, it doesn’t mean he’s not worth keeping.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#117 » by Jedzz » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:25 am

Norseman79 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

He's certainly good enough for a #1 pick trade. I don't care how hyped the next draft is. The only time he wouldn't be is if the team with #1 is stocked with a star at his position already. They still likely would take it and just play Towns at the 4.

People and their insane overvaluing of draft picks can all kma.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,459

Post#118 » by Foye » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:01 am

Jedzz wrote:
Norseman79 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

He's certainly good enough for a #1 pick trade. I don't care how hyped the next draft is. The only time he wouldn't be is if the team with #1 is stocked with a star at his position already. They still likely would take it and just play Towns at the 4.

Personally, I think about the only team that would take Towns for a top pick is Golden State. And that is Wolves very own 1st lmao. Rosas will rightfully get roasted by media if he makes such a trade.

Houston, Detroit, Washington, Orlando...they all suck. There‘s no incentive for them to get Towns. Would barely move them to .500 cementing their mediocrity status for the next couple years.

Maybe OKC might roll the dice with their 500 draft picks coming up. But then again they will most likely only offer this years draft pick if they don‘t like anyone at their position.

People have roasted me here for saying at least a year that Wolves should sell high on Towns.
Now that his value is at all time low the „trade Towns bandwagon“ on the board finally starts to move.

Its too late already. Not getting the great offers anymore. At max. you are getting a .70 cent return for a dollar since the top teams know exactly that the Wolves are headed nowhere with Towns as franchise leader.
Norseman79
Sixth Man

Post#119 » by Norseman79 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:03 pm

Foye wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Norseman79 wrote:

Personally, I think about the only team that would take Towns for a top pick is Golden State. And that is Wolves very own 1st lmao. Rosas will rightfully get roasted by media if he makes such a trade.

Houston, Detroit, Washington, Orlando...they all suck. There‘s no incentive for them to get Towns. Would barely move them to .500 cementing their mediocrity status for the next couple years.

Maybe OKC might roll the dice with their 500 draft picks coming up. But then again they will most likely only offer this years draft pick if they don‘t like anyone at their position.

People have roasted me here for saying at least a year that Wolves should sell high on Towns.
Now that his value is at all time low the „trade Towns bandwagon“ on the board finally starts to move.

Its too late already. Not getting the great offers anymore. At max. you are getting a .70 cent return for a dollar since the top teams know exactly that the Wolves are headed nowhere with Towns as franchise leader.

If you actually don't think several of those teams wouldn't jump at the chance to land Towns you are nuts. Washington??? Hmmm Russell, Beal and Towns...yeah they would hate that. I get your logic with some of the teams, but Houston would load us up...Towns and Wood at C and PF...

If you asking what makes their situation different from the Wolves...roster build, salary room, and Eastern Conference. Detroit is in the playoffs with a frontcourt of Bay, Grant, and Towns.
ChiefKeith91
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#120 » by ChiefKeith91 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:00 pm

If we keep our pick I’d want 2 rather than 1. Cade seems like the obvious #1 but I want Mobley for this team. People say they see Kg in his game but I see a lot of AD in him.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves