ImageImageImage

2021 Draft thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Calinks, Worm Guts

Sugarless
Starter
Posts: 2,348
And1: 1,730
Joined: Aug 12, 2004

Re: 2021 Draft thread 

Post#161 » by Sugarless » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:17 am

Rookie-Mistake wrote:Does Rosas want us to keep the pick this year or next year?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using RealGM mobile app


He'll definitely want to keep it this year. And like I've said before, I think Suggs would be the way to go for the Wolves if he's on the board when they pick. He doesn't have the highest ceiling of the bunch, but he'll be the most ready to contribute (probably along with Green) and he brings a set of qualities that are exactly what the Wolves need as a franchise. However, for it to work that would mean Rosas should absolutely trade Russell. You just can't bring up a guy like Suggs under someone like 'Angelo.
Rookie-Mistake
Pro Prospect
Posts: 969
And1: 282
Joined: Jun 27, 2008
         

Re: 2021 Draft thread 

Post#162 » by Rookie-Mistake » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:32 am

Yes.

I fear our youth have already been negatively influenced by our so called leaders..

Ant is developing some horrible traits already.

Sugarless wrote:
Rookie-Mistake wrote:Does Rosas want us to keep the pick this year or next year?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using RealGM mobile app


He'll definitely want to keep it this year. And like I've said before, I think Suggs would be the way to go for the Wolves if he's on the board when they pick. He doesn't have the highest ceiling of the bunch, but he'll be the most ready to contribute (probably along with Green) and he brings a set of qualities that are exactly what the Wolves need as a franchise. However, for it to work that would mean Rosas should absolutely trade Russell. You just can't bring up a guy like Suggs under someone like 'Angelo.


Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using RealGM mobile app
wolfen
Senior
Posts: 686
And1: 207
Joined: Apr 05, 2014
     

Re: 2021 Draft thread 

Post#163 » by wolfen » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:45 pm

No creativity and/or positivity on the board lately with this thread?

1. Rookies CAN play well in their first year (Ant, McD).

Being positive, we'll keep our pick. Any of 4 players could be argued to be the best player to be taken at 1, so because of that, team makeup SHOULD be taken into account.

2. We could use length, defense, and athleticism at the PF.

Mobley

3. We have a glut of players on the team who are high usage (Ant, KAT, DLo, even Beas), so adding another high usage player puts the roster balance even FURTHER out of whack.

Cunningham, Green

4. This is a deep draft, and having TWO picks in it (lotto of course) would be huge - let's say pick 13.
5. We have none of these traits at the PG position: Toughness, penetration, defense, power, athleticism, leadership.

Suggs - Yes, he'd provide those PG traits that we're missing, but we'd be missing out on Mobley.

Davion Mitchell - Why nobody talks about him in this thread is beyond me. He could be MVP of the tourney when all is said and done, and I've been on him for months. "But he'd be just a rookie, we'd have to wait for him to develop" - not true, he's already physically where he needs to be and is 22 years old, he's ready to go.

Is Mitchell a starter on an NBA team? I don't know, but I have EXTREME confidence that he'll at LEAST be a kick ass high minute rotational PG who would offer:

A - Tenacity - The dude's nickname is "Off-Night", his defense is relentless.
B - Leadership - He is vocal with his team. He doesn't force the issue. Those 2 things are huge. It's one thing to be vocal when you're a chucker, but when you get it done on a moderate usage rate offensively, and being a bull-dog defensively, teammates respect that in a leader.
C - Penetration - The dude can get by his man whenever he wants, but he doesn't use this just to "get his". He's an excellent passer when he collapses the defense. And of course he is very good finishing at the rim and also shows a floater game.
D - Shooting - He can hit BOTH the spot up 3 AND the pull-up / step back. He's worked hard for years on his shot, it's there (45% from deep this year). I feel confident that he could shoot at the league average or above (37-39%) on a moderate usage rate from deep).
E - Defense - It's worth mentioning twice because, um, he's a great defender.

Jay Bilas has called him "the most indespensable player in the country" and I agree with him. Take him off Baylor and they'd be toast by now in the tourney. The only reason he probably won't be a lottery pick are his age and relatively average height / length (6-2, 6-5 wingspan).

So yes, we're keeping our lotto pick and going with Mobley. And we'll trade some assets before the draft to pick at 13 and take Mitchell. So it be said, so it be written!!

But seriously, talk me OUT of Davion Mitchell not being not only a really good PG but filling a huge need in the wolves PG rotation...
wolfen
Senior
Posts: 686
And1: 207
Joined: Apr 05, 2014
     

Re: 2021 Draft thread 

Post#164 » by wolfen » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:52 pm

Backup plan if we lose the lotto pick - target Mitchell...

Sounds like scouts are considering him a lottery pick (possibly) - see article below.

The problem is, it would be harder to deal for a late lotto pick this summer with the lack of assets we have...

https://247sports.com/Article/Davion-Mitchell-Baylor-stats-NBA-comparison--163352684/

'He's definitely a lottery pick:' Davion Mitchell soaring up NBA Draft boards
ByTRAVIS BRANHAM 2 hours ago
1

With footwork and shiftiness evoking a college football slot receiver, Baylor point guard Davion Mitchell took the Elite 8 by storm Monday night, scoring 10 his 12 points at the rim and delivering to the Bears a big second-half bucket whenever they needed it.

The 6-foot-1, 200-pound Mitchell - averaging 14.0 points, 2.6 rebounds and 5.3 assists this season - has been a big riser as a senior and is bound to be much higher than his current ranking of No. 24 when 247Sports updates its Big Board after the NCAA Tournament.

“It doesn’t take a genius to see and say that Davion has bolstered his standing within most NBA peoples’ eyes but this is what he has shown over the past year," said one NBA scout. "A demon of a defender that can make shots, can distribute in a pinch and is one of the best scorers at the basket for someone his size."

"There is concern regarding his true size and if his shooting numbers are legit," the scout added. "Can he be a lead guard that makes others better? Does his shot resort back to what it was in years past? Has Baylor and its schemes just enhanced his abilities so that he is playing a bit over his head? That is TBD, but I find it's nearly impossible for Mitchell to fall out of the first round and if there is a combine with a Mitchell present, his stock only taking off further from there.”

Mitchell committed to Auburn back in 2015 and was a member of the 2017 class. He transferred after in 2018 after the writing was on the wall he'd back up Jared Harper, and now he’s filling Harper’s role as a diminutive, impossible-to-stay-with point guard on a terrific Final Four team.


“He's a top notch defender, everyone is really excited about his development as a player,” said another NBA scout. "His trajectory is what you want to see. He has an NBA body where he can step on the court immediately and contribute on the defensive end. Coaches love guys that can bring something consistently and defense is something that he can bring consistently to every single game. He's elite from that perspective."

Given his makeup as a player and his physical tools, Mitchell projects to fill a similar role as Fred Van Vleet and Jalen Brunson: A sixth man who can function as a starter, with the ability to score, make plays for others and play outstanding defense.


1
COMMENTS
On Saturday, Mitchell will have a major challenge presented to him as he takes on Houston in the Final Four. The Cougars are tough, athletic and hard-nosed, making them arguably the best defensive team in the country. Look for the Cougars to pressure Mitchell the way Arkansas did with their run-and-jump style. It should be a good test for Mitchell to prove his mettle as his stock continues to soar.

"He's lottery — definitely a lottery pick," one scout said. "I don't think there is any chance he slips out of the lottery at this point."
ChiefKeith91
Sophomore
Posts: 141
And1: 44
Joined: Nov 13, 2020
     

Re: 2021 Draft thread 

Post#165 » by ChiefKeith91 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:03 pm

wolfen wrote:No creativity and/or positivity on the board lately with this thread?

1. Rookies CAN play well in their first year (Ant, McD).

Being positive, we'll keep our pick. Any of 4 players could be argued to be the best player to be taken at 1, so because of that, team makeup SHOULD be taken into account.

2. We could use length, defense, and athleticism at the PF.

Mobley

3. We have a glut of players on the team who are high usage (Ant, KAT, DLo, even Beas), so adding another high usage player puts the roster balance even FURTHER out of whack.

Cunningham, Green

4. This is a deep draft, and having TWO picks in it (lotto of course) would be huge - let's say pick 13.
5. We have none of these traits at the PG position: Toughness, penetration, defense, power, athleticism, leadership.

Suggs - Yes, he'd provide those PG traits that we're missing, but we'd be missing out on Mobley.

Davion Mitchell - Why nobody talks about him in this thread is beyond me. He could be MVP of the tourney when all is said and done, and I've been on him for months. "But he'd be just a rookie, we'd have to wait for him to develop" - not true, he's already physically where he needs to be and is 22 years old, he's ready to go.

Is Mitchell a starter on an NBA team? I don't know, but I have EXTREME confidence that he'll at LEAST be a kick ass high minute rotational PG who would offer:

A - Tenacity - The dude's nickname is "Off-Night", his defense is relentless.
B - Leadership - He is vocal with his team. He doesn't force the issue. Those 2 things are huge. It's one thing to be vocal when you're a chucker, but when you get it done on a moderate usage rate offensively, and being a bull-dog defensively, teammates respect that in a leader.
C - Penetration - The dude can get by his man whenever he wants, but he doesn't use this just to "get his". He's an excellent passer when he collapses the defense. And of course he is very good finishing at the rim and also shows a floater game.
D - Shooting - He can hit BOTH the spot up 3 AND the pull-up / step back. He's worked hard for years on his shot, it's there (45% from deep this year). I feel confident that he could shoot at the league average or above (37-39%) on a moderate usage rate from deep).
E - Defense - It's worth mentioning twice because, um, he's a great defender.

Jay Bilas has called him "the most indespensable player in the country" and I agree with him. Take him off Baylor and they'd be toast by now in the tourney. The only reason he probably won't be a lottery pick are his age and relatively average height / length (6-2, 6-5 wingspan).

So yes, we're keeping our lotto pick and going with Mobley. And we'll trade some assets before the draft to pick at 13 and take Mitchell. So it be said, so it be written!!

But seriously, talk me OUT of Davion Mitchell not being not only a really good PG but filling a huge need in the wolves PG rotation...

At 22 years old your hoping on him becoming Malcolm Brogdon. It’s possible but I’m only for it if we trade Rubio and JMAc


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Neeva
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,108
And1: 1,324
Joined: Jun 03, 2016

Re: 2021 Draft thread 

Post#166 » by Neeva » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:14 pm

What am I missing with Davion Mitchell? He has not really impressed in the tournament. He is a poor free throw shooter and looks barely 6 feet tall. He will also be 23 years old before the start of next season.
wolfen
Senior
Posts: 686
And1: 207
Joined: Apr 05, 2014
     

Re: 2021 Draft thread 

Post#167 » by wolfen » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:16 pm

ChiefKeith91 wrote:
wolfen wrote:No creativity and/or positivity on the board lately with this thread?

1. Rookies CAN play well in their first year (Ant, McD).

Being positive, we'll keep our pick. Any of 4 players could be argued to be the best player to be taken at 1, so because of that, team makeup SHOULD be taken into account.

2. We could use length, defense, and athleticism at the PF.

Mobley

3. We have a glut of players on the team who are high usage (Ant, KAT, DLo, even Beas), so adding another high usage player puts the roster balance even FURTHER out of whack.

Cunningham, Green

4. This is a deep draft, and having TWO picks in it (lotto of course) would be huge - let's say pick 13.
5. We have none of these traits at the PG position: Toughness, penetration, defense, power, athleticism, leadership.

Suggs - Yes, he'd provide those PG traits that we're missing, but we'd be missing out on Mobley.

Davion Mitchell - Why nobody talks about him in this thread is beyond me. He could be MVP of the tourney when all is said and done, and I've been on him for months. "But he'd be just a rookie, we'd have to wait for him to develop" - not true, he's already physically where he needs to be and is 22 years old, he's ready to go.

Is Mitchell a starter on an NBA team? I don't know, but I have EXTREME confidence that he'll at LEAST be a kick ass high minute rotational PG who would offer:

A - Tenacity - The dude's nickname is "Off-Night", his defense is relentless.
B - Leadership - He is vocal with his team. He doesn't force the issue. Those 2 things are huge. It's one thing to be vocal when you're a chucker, but when you get it done on a moderate usage rate offensively, and being a bull-dog defensively, teammates respect that in a leader.
C - Penetration - The dude can get by his man whenever he wants, but he doesn't use this just to "get his". He's an excellent passer when he collapses the defense. And of course he is very good finishing at the rim and also shows a floater game.
D - Shooting - He can hit BOTH the spot up 3 AND the pull-up / step back. He's worked hard for years on his shot, it's there (45% from deep this year). I feel confident that he could shoot at the league average or above (37-39%) on a moderate usage rate from deep).
E - Defense - It's worth mentioning twice because, um, he's a great defender.

Jay Bilas has called him "the most indespensable player in the country" and I agree with him. Take him off Baylor and they'd be toast by now in the tourney. The only reason he probably won't be a lottery pick are his age and relatively average height / length (6-2, 6-5 wingspan).

So yes, we're keeping our lotto pick and going with Mobley. And we'll trade some assets before the draft to pick at 13 and take Mitchell. So it be said, so it be written!!

But seriously, talk me OUT of Davion Mitchell not being not only a really good PG but filling a huge need in the wolves PG rotation...

At 22 years old your hoping on him becoming Malcolm Brogdon. It’s possible but I’m only for it if we trade Rubio and JMAc


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app


I'm thinking Patrick Beverly but with a better offensive game. Why I think he would fit in so well (besides the defense) is that he is just fine not having to force the issue on offense. He is very satisfied with "first pass play", bringing the ball up and getting it to his weapons. Then he picks his spots when sh@t needs to get done and uses his speed to collapse the defense. He's almost a 3 and D PG really, which would be perfect, since KAT and Ant are the primary weapons. Set them up, play tough D, nail the open 3, and break down defenses. Lather, rinse, repeat...
Sugarless
Starter
Posts: 2,348
And1: 1,730
Joined: Aug 12, 2004

Re: 2021 Draft thread 

Post#168 » by Sugarless » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:37 pm

wolfen wrote:No creativity and/or positivity on the board lately with this thread?

1. Rookies CAN play well in their first year (Ant, McD).

Being positive, we'll keep our pick. Any of 4 players could be argued to be the best player to be taken at 1, so because of that, team makeup SHOULD be taken into account.

2. We could use length, defense, and athleticism at the PF.

Mobley

3. We have a glut of players on the team who are high usage (Ant, KAT, DLo, even Beas), so adding another high usage player puts the roster balance even FURTHER out of whack.

Cunningham, Green

4. This is a deep draft, and having TWO picks in it (lotto of course) would be huge - let's say pick 13.
5. We have none of these traits at the PG position: Toughness, penetration, defense, power, athleticism, leadership.

Suggs - Yes, he'd provide those PG traits that we're missing, but we'd be missing out on Mobley.

Davion Mitchell - Why nobody talks about him in this thread is beyond me. He could be MVP of the tourney when all is said and done, and I've been on him for months. "But he'd be just a rookie, we'd have to wait for him to develop" - not true, he's already physically where he needs to be and is 22 years old, he's ready to go.

Is Mitchell a starter on an NBA team? I don't know, but I have EXTREME confidence that he'll at LEAST be a kick ass high minute rotational PG who would offer:

A - Tenacity - The dude's nickname is "Off-Night", his defense is relentless.
B - Leadership - He is vocal with his team. He doesn't force the issue. Those 2 things are huge. It's one thing to be vocal when you're a chucker, but when you get it done on a moderate usage rate offensively, and being a bull-dog defensively, teammates respect that in a leader.
C - Penetration - The dude can get by his man whenever he wants, but he doesn't use this just to "get his". He's an excellent passer when he collapses the defense. And of course he is very good finishing at the rim and also shows a floater game.
D - Shooting - He can hit BOTH the spot up 3 AND the pull-up / step back. He's worked hard for years on his shot, it's there (45% from deep this year). I feel confident that he could shoot at the league average or above (37-39%) on a moderate usage rate from deep).
E - Defense - It's worth mentioning twice because, um, he's a great defender.

Jay Bilas has called him "the most indespensable player in the country" and I agree with him. Take him off Baylor and they'd be toast by now in the tourney. The only reason he probably won't be a lottery pick are his age and relatively average height / length (6-2, 6-5 wingspan).

So yes, we're keeping our lotto pick and going with Mobley. And we'll trade some assets before the draft to pick at 13 and take Mitchell. So it be said, so it be written!!

But seriously, talk me OUT of Davion Mitchell not being not only a really good PG but filling a huge need in the wolves PG rotation...


Glad to see someone talk up #45 in this thread. Unfortunately there's a very, very, very slim chance that he ends up in Minnesota on draft night. It's going to be really hard to get a FRP in the lotto (his draft projections through the year have been ridiculously low, the fact that it's taken so long for scouts to talk about him as a lotto guy is baffling to me) and it's going to be even harder if the trade is not done beforehand. I think Minnesota only gets that type of pick for Beasley (...maybe) and I wouldn't take on Beasley if I find myself with the chance to draft Davion when I'm on the clock.
Jedzz
RealGM
Posts: 12,322
And1: 2,503
Joined: Oct 05, 2018

Re: 2021 Draft thread 

Post#169 » by Jedzz » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:33 pm

Rookie-Mistake wrote:Yes.

I fear our youth have already been negatively influenced by our so called leaders..

Ant is developing some horrible traits already.


:roll:

So now Ant being Ant is Russell's fault too. :banghead: You guys are straight up nuts. I suppose all the time they've spent with Rubio just led them all to a path of career destruction too.
Neeva
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,108
And1: 1,324
Joined: Jun 03, 2016

Re: 2021 Draft thread 

Post#170 » by Neeva » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:39 pm

Mobley’s defense getting exposed right now.
Jedzz
RealGM
Posts: 12,322
And1: 2,503
Joined: Oct 05, 2018

Re: 2021 Draft thread 

Post#171 » by Jedzz » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:41 pm

wolfen wrote:I'm thinking Patrick Beverly but with a better offensive game. Why I think he would fit in so well (besides the defense) is that he is just fine not having to force the issue on offense. He is very satisfied with "first pass play", bringing the ball up and getting it to his weapons. Then he picks his spots when sh@t needs to get done and uses his speed to collapse the defense. He's almost a 3 and D PG really, which would be perfect, since KAT and Ant are the primary weapons. Set them up, play tough D, nail the open 3, and break down defenses. Lather, rinse, repeat...


You don't need a PG, and whoever you draft isn't going to get much time walking it up. Ant will take most of that too, like he already has. If you want another combo guard, trade Ant first. Otherwise go for a position of need or we can start this developing logjam all over again. Ant isn't asking anyone to set him up. He's the setter upper baby. A choice to keep him is a choice to live with that.
jpatrick
Analyst
Posts: 3,201
And1: 950
Joined: May 30, 2007
 

Re: 2021 Draft thread 

Post#172 » by jpatrick » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:21 am

This just in, Suggs is real good.
theGreatRC
RealGM
Posts: 17,854
And1: 4,257
Joined: Oct 12, 2006
Location: California
 

Re: 2021 Draft thread 

Post#173 » by theGreatRC » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:30 am

jpatrick wrote:This just in, Suggs is real good.


You take him if he's available and don't look back. I don't give a damn if we have DLO
2021 Wolves will make the playoffs
Neeva
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,108
And1: 1,324
Joined: Jun 03, 2016

Re: 2021 Draft thread 

Post#174 » by Neeva » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:54 am

Suggs will be damn good in the league, Green will be better though.
Neeva
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,108
And1: 1,324
Joined: Jun 03, 2016

Re: 2021 Draft thread 

Post#175 » by Neeva » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:04 am

Franz Wagner is Nik Staukas 2.0.
Slim Tubby
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,456
And1: 847
Joined: Jun 03, 2017
         

Re: 2021 Draft thread 

Post#176 » by Slim Tubby » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:14 am

theGreatRC wrote:
jpatrick wrote:This just in, Suggs is real good.


You take him if he's available and don't look back. I don't give a damn if we have DLO

You take Suggs 100% of the time and if you can’t find a trade partner for Russell, you sit him at the end of the bench and let him tinker with his Princess Leia headgear.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
theGreatRC
RealGM
Posts: 17,854
And1: 4,257
Joined: Oct 12, 2006
Location: California
 

Re: 2021 Draft thread 

Post#177 » by theGreatRC » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:20 am

Slim Tubby wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:
jpatrick wrote:This just in, Suggs is real good.


You take him if he's available and don't look back. I don't give a damn if we have DLO

You take Suggs 100% of the time and if you can’t find a trade partner for Russell, you sit him at the end of the bench and let him tinker with his Princess Leia headgear.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Exactly. If Rosas chooses Mobley if Suggs is available, then I might be done with this team
2021 Wolves will make the playoffs
Rookie-Mistake
Pro Prospect
Posts: 969
And1: 282
Joined: Jun 27, 2008
         

Re: 2021 Draft thread 

Post#178 » by Rookie-Mistake » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:23 am

Ok.. I was hoping we would improve out if sight post coach trade deadline.. I'm now convinced were tanking for a top 3 pick.

How are you guys watching college games?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using RealGM mobile app
UnFadeable21
Starter
Posts: 2,098
And1: 584
Joined: Mar 30, 2019

Re: 2021 Draft thread 

Post#179 » by UnFadeable21 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:21 pm

Draft Express Prospect Watch



Jalen Suggs | PG | Gonzaga
Top 100 ranking: 5

After a quiet showing in the first three rounds of the NCAA tournament, Suggs had a signature performance in leading Gonzaga to the Final Four, posting a near triple-double with 18 points, 10 rebounds and 8 assists.

Suggs showed what makes him such an interesting guard prospect on both ends of the floor. He repeatedly pushed the ball in the open floor, using his outstanding quickness and ability to accelerate powerfully out of changes of speed to get right into the teeth of the defense and either finish aggressively or draw fouls. He was equally as impressive in the half-court, picking apart USC's zone with timely cuts and manipulating ball-screens intelligently to find the open man with pocket passes or with over the top lobs for easy baskets. He played an unselfish and highly under-control game, only being robbed of a triple-double because of good looks he generated that rimmed out.

Just 1-for-11 from beyond the arc in the NCAA tournament, Suggs got on track with his jump shot too. He made a pair of off the dribble 3-pointers and knocked down several pretty floaters and pull-up jumpers.

Suggs was highly disruptive against an overmatched USC backcourt that wasn't prepared for the level of intensity, physical skills and competitiveness that he offers on every possession. He prevented USC from getting into its offense, blowing up plays and being an absolute nuisance on and off the ball as usual.

Suggs reiterated once again how much his serious-minded approach, versatility, toughness and winning style should have any NBA team drafting in the top three thinking long and hard about what he could do to elevate their culture.

-- Givony






Evan Mobley | PF/C | USC
Top 100 ranking: 2

In USC's Elite Eight loss to Gonzaga, Mobley showed both what makes him such an intriguing prospect and the many things he needs to work on. He finished with with 17 points, 5 rebounds and 3 assists in an up and down showing.

Mobley looked noticeably nervous right out of the gates and was taken into the post repeatedly and scored on by All-American Drew Timme. Mobley didn't have the strength or physicality needed to slow him down. Lacking a degree of toughness and aggressiveness, it's pretty clear that he's going to have some issues early in his career dealing with stronger big men in the NBA. He struggled keeping Gonzaga off the offensive glass (three defensive rebounds in 35 minutes) like he has for much of the season. Still, his huge standing reach and incredible fluidity allows him to have a huge impact on the defensive end of the floor. He's extremely difficult to shoot over, can cover ground seamlessly on the perimeter, and has phenomenal timing protecting the rim.

Mobley isn't a go-to guy offensively at this stage of his career, certainly not against a defense of this caliber. He was unable to consistently use his superior size to score with his back to the basket against the likes of Timme and the smaller Corey Kispert, coming up empty on several possessions. He did show his very high skill level from the mid and high post with some impressive drives and passes, spinning around with excellent body control and touch, and using both hands to finish from difficult vantage points. His mobility allows him to be an excellent target slipping screens and finishing above the rim or gravitating to the offensive glass for extra possessions as well.

This wasn't Mobley's best outing by any means, but he's built a very strong résumé for himself with the season he had and the fact that he was able to help USC reach the Elite Eight is a huge feather in his cap. He's well positioned to be a top draft pick depending on how the order of the lottery shakes out.

-- Jonathan Givony



TheProdigy
Starter
Posts: 2,066
And1: 757
Joined: Feb 21, 2001

Re: 2021 Draft thread 

Post#180 » by TheProdigy » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:45 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:
jpatrick wrote:This just in, Suggs is real good.


You take him if he's available and don't look back. I don't give a damn if we have DLO

You take Suggs 100% of the time and if you can’t find a trade partner for Russell, you sit him at the end of the bench and let him tinker with his Princess Leia headgear.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rofl2:

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves