ImageImageImage

Trade Talk (Part Six)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,261

Re: Trade Talk (Part Six) 

Post#1421 » by Baseline81 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 6:18 pm

Wolveswin wrote:What about Isaac? Magic are in full tear down mode.

To consider, we have to assume he proves repaired and healthy. Magic wouldn’t want to move him for an injured discount — if so just keep him. But regardless he is at a depressed value.

Rubio + Edwards
FOR
Isaac + Ross + 2021 Bulls 1st

Towns
Isaac
McDaniels | Ross
Beasley
Russell

Finch seems to be building a 2-man game with Edwards and Towns. I don't see him and Rosas dealing Edwards this offseason.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,598

Post#1422 » by jpatrick » Fri Apr 9, 2021 6:23 pm

Love Isaac the player but I just read a story that said he’s had ten injuries in his couple of years in the league, including three that have caused him to miss major time. Multiple injuries being knee-related. Unless he comes really cheap, you don’t take that risk on.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,937

Post#1423 » by Domejandro » Fri Apr 9, 2021 6:45 pm

I absolutely have interest in Jonathan Isaac, but there are two issues.

1. Orlando likely is not trading him.
2. Minnesota absolutely is not trading Edwards.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,186

Post#1424 » by Neeva » Fri Apr 9, 2021 7:15 pm

Baseline81 wrote:

To consider, we have to assume he proves repaired and healthy. Magic wouldn’t want to move him for an injured discount — if so just keep him. But regardless he is at a depressed value.

Rubio + Edwards
FOR

Towns
Isaac
McDaniels | Ross
Beasley
Russell

Finch seems to be building a 2-man game with Edwards and Towns. I don't see him and Rosas dealing Edwards this offseason.

Only way is if he drafts jalen green and green looks better (and they can’t coexist) but I thinkRosas can do better than made of glass Isaac and a pick in the teens.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,186

Post#1425 » by Neeva » Fri Apr 9, 2021 7:50 pm

NebWolvesFan wrote:While I do think it's unlikely that Russell or Towns get traded this offseason, if Minnesota gets Suggs or Cunningham, you would have to think one of Russell or Beasley gets traded. If Minnesota wins the lottery (which I think is still not likely), things could get crazy.

I only trade Towns to the warriors (they will
be really desperate) this offseason if wolves keep their pick and the warriors somehow jump up to pick 4.
4 (suggs), 2022 wolves pick(hopefully Emoni Bates) Wiseman ( who I personally would flip) and future picks. Plus wolves top 3 pick (Green or Cunningham), Ant and Mcdaniels and whatever the wolves get for Dlo and Beasley.. that is not a bad place to start a rebuild with.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,526

Post#1426 » by Note30 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 8:47 pm

Any chance we could do a Gobert + Royce ONeal for KAT?

Following that

If we could do a sign an trade for Lonzo with Beasley and Bolmaro that could be worth it.

Rubio no sure where we could move him maybe the Bulls?

Lonzo
DLo
Ant
ONeal
Robert
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,812

Post#1427 » by life_saver » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:17 am

Wolves should be willing to shop KAT too if they can get good return...just tired of seeing KAT making same mistakes again and again on both sides ofthe floor....especially on defense.
ChiefKeith91
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#1428 » by ChiefKeith91 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:41 am

3 straight post calling to trade KAT smh. The Tatum foul was bad but trust me if you trade the best shooting big you are going to regret it immediately. I think the best option is to move KAT to the 4 and get a rim protector.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 390

Post#1429 » by Rookie-Mistake » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:56 am

I don't normally venture on this topic to much but I just can't see KAT and DLO working.. the sample size is small but you would have to be blind Freddy to believe that it can work..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using RealGM mobile app
jpatrick
Assistant Coach

Post#1430 » by jpatrick » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:14 am

Rookie-Mistake wrote:I don't normally venture on this topic to much but I just can't see KAT and DLO working.. the sample size is small but you would have to be blind Freddy to believe that it can work..

DLo as one of your top two players won’t lead to the playoffs. He’s just not good enough and is sooo poor defensively.

We can’t money-wise, but if we could move him to the bench, it’s be much better. Draft Suggs and trade for a rim protector (Turner). Roll with Suggs, Edwards, McDaniels, Towns, Turner with Russell as a sixth man that can close games when he has it going.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,486

Post#1431 » by Wolveswin » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:03 am

jpatrick wrote:
Rookie-Mistake wrote:I don't normally venture on this topic to much but I just can't see KAT and DLO working.. the sample size is small but you would have to be blind Freddy to believe that it can work..

DLo as one of your top two players won’t lead to the playoffs. He’s just not good enough and is sooo poor defensively.

We can’t money-wise, but if we could move him to the bench, it’s be much better. Draft Suggs and trade for a rim protector (Turner). Roll with Suggs, Edwards, McDaniels, Towns, Turner with Russell as a sixth man that can close games when he has it going.

Can I ask in all honesty, is this just pure fantasy fandom or do you really think a realistic plan?

Draft Suggs• so you are saying 40% breaks in Wolves direction?

Trade for Turner•but Wolves keep 2021 1st, Edwards, Towns, McDaniels. What do they trade for Turner, a ham sandwich?

Just trying to gauge those who represent here.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach

Post#1432 » by jpatrick » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:36 am

Wolveswin wrote:
jpatrick wrote:

Can I ask in all honesty, is this just pure fantasy fandom or do you really think a realistic plan?

Trade for Turner•but Wolves keep 2021 1st, Edwards, Towns, McDaniels. What do they trade for Turner, a ham sandwich?

I’m just going off what Dane Moore discussed in his last podcast. He suggested Rubio, Reid/Bolmaro, and a 2025 first. I would suggest if we luck into keeping our first and draft anyone but Mobley, we make Beasley available. Beasley, Bolmaro, and a lotto protected first is better than what Gordon fetched, which is what Moore thought was an equivalent player. I think Turner is better, but with how centers are devalued around the league, I think their values are about the same.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#1433 » by Wolveswin » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:14 am

jpatrick wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
jpatrick wrote:

I’m just going off what Dane Moore discussed in his last podcast. He suggested Rubio, Reid/Bolmaro, and a 2025 first. I would suggest if we luck into keeping our first and draft anyone but Mobley, we make Beasley available. Beasley, Bolmaro, and a lotto protected first is better than what Gordon fetched, which is what Moore thought was an equivalent player. I think Turner is better, but with how centers are devalued around the league, I think their values are about the same.

Well thank you for the response.

I am not sure who that guy is but he is way off. And really why would you listen to a guy who is devaluing centers and your teams best player is a center?

As for Turner value, every team in the NBA would best that offer from Wolves. That Wolves offer quite frankly would be insulting to Pacers for Turner.
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,764

Post#1434 » by Slim Tubby » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:38 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
jpatrick wrote:

Aren’t your the same guy that tries unmercifully to just give KAT away to GS for for a ham sandwich? The same guy that suggested trading Edwards for a crippled Isaac? It’s easy to throw stones at others when you fail to accept the fact that you’re throwing them from your own glass house. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#1435 » by Wolveswin » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:37 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
jpatrick wrote:

Aren’t your the same guy that tries unmercifully to just give KAT away to GS for for a ham sandwich? The same guy that suggested trading Edwards for a crippled Isaac? It’s easy to throw stones at others when you fail to accept the fact that you’re throwing them from your own glass house. Just saying.

I know you and I have been back and forth on this — but unless one (you) suggests a homer trade package for Towns, Warriors present the best value package for Towns. Not many teams in top 3 of this draft will want a win now center. And now that we have a comp in Vucevic just traded, I challenge you to break down any of my Towns’ trade posted (in entirety) as not at least resembling real NBA value for trading Towns (if trading him). Please accept that challenge.

Edwards for Isaac. I know it doesn’t fit your narrative or goal to be combative with the last post — but if you think the trade was straight up or didn’t over and over state Isaac proven healthy (stipulation for trade) — why purposefully edit what I typed to make your false claims? Do you need to lie to make points? It is very unbecoming of any poster to take what another poster says out of full context to push a false agenda. Has no place here. Otherwise we ALL are just yelling at clouds with no purpose or proper etiquette if that is what we do here.
Slim Tubby
Starter

Post#1436 » by Slim Tubby » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:51 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Can I ask in all honesty, is this just pure fantasy fandom or do you really think a realistic plan?

I know you and I have been back and forth on this — but unless one (you) suggests a homer trade package for Towns, Warriors present the best value package for Towns. Not many teams in top 3 of this draft will want a win now center. And now that we have a comp in Vucevic just traded, I challenge you to break down any of my Towns’ trade posted (in entirety) as not at least resembling real NBA value for trading Towns (if trading him). Please accept that challenge.

Edwards for Isaac. I know it doesn’t fit your narrative or goal to be combative with the last post — but if you think the trade was straight up or didn’t over and over state Isaac proven healthy (stipulation for trade) — why purposefully edit what I typed to make your false claims? Do you need to lie to make points? It is very unbecoming of any poster to take what another poster says out of full context to push a false agenda. Has no place here. Otherwise we ALL are just yelling at clouds with no purpose or proper etiquette if that is what we do here.

I simply quoted your post and didn’t edit a DAMN thing from your posts. If you need to make **** up to try and win a debate then that says all I need to know about you.

Your KAT trades are horrifically bad no matter how many times you post them and your Ant for Isaac trade suggestion might be even worse. Post a Poll....you’ll be very lonely on that island.

Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#1437 » by Wolveswin » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:52 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:Aren’t your the same guy that tries unmercifully to just give KAT away to GS for for a ham sandwich? The same guy that suggested trading Edwards for a crippled Isaac? It’s easy to throw stones at others when you fail to accept the fact that you’re throwing them from your own glass house. Just saying.

I simply quoted your post and didn’t edit a DAMN thing from your posts. If you need to make **** up to try and win a debate then that says all I need to know about you.

Your KAT trades are horrifically bad no matter how many times you post them and your Ant for Isaac trade suggestion might be even worse. Post a Poll....you’ll be very lonely on that island.

Yet again. The trade wasn’t Edwards for Isaac. Why lie twice in a row?

Are you accepting the challenge or coward?
Slim Tubby
Starter

Post#1438 » by Slim Tubby » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:15 pm

Rubio + Edwards
FOR

Towns
Isaac
McDaniels | Ross
Beasley
Russell

Is this NOT an Edward for Isaac trade??? Are you going to contend that including Rubio, Ross and a Mid FRP alters the basis/crux of your trade proposal???

You hide behind your keyboard, anonymous on the Internet, ridicule other people’s ideas and claim your **** doesn’t stink. When you get called out on it, you react like a little bitc$ and call people a coward. I served three active tours in the Middle East...you don’t know a **** thing about bravery. What you do know is coming up with virtually the same stupid **** trades and continually swamping this board with them.

Here’s a challenge for you...move out of your parent’s basement, put away the jar of Vaseline and Playboy and then find your own courage to admit when you’re **** wrong. You want to make this personal? No problem. If this discussion was in person, it would’ve ended a long time ago and you’d have a much better understanding of what it’s like to be a coward.

Posters like you add NO value to this board of any kind because in your own whacked out world, you’re always right and then make **** up when proven wrong. You would’ve been an excellent addition to Trump’s cabinet.

Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#1439 » by Wolveswin » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:23 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:

Rubio + Edwards
FOR

Towns
Isaac
McDaniels | Ross
Beasley
Russell

Is this NOT an Edward for Isaac trade??? Are you going to contend that including Rubio, Ross and a Mid FRP alters the basis/crux of your trade proposal???

You hide behind your keyboard, anonymous on the Internet, ridicule other people’s ideas and claim your **** doesn’t stink. When you get called out on it, you react like a little bitc$ and call people a coward. I served three active tours in the Middle East...you don’t know a **** thing about bravery. What you do know is coming up with virtually the same stupid **** trades and continually swamping this board with them.

Here’s a challenge for you...move out of your parent’s basement, put away the jar of Vaseline and Playboy and then find your own courage to admit when you’re **** wrong. You want to make this personal? No problem. If this discussion was in person, it would’ve ended a long time ago and you’d have a much better understanding of what it’s like to be a coward.

Posters like you add NO value to this board of any kind because in your own whacked out world, you’re always right and then make **** up when proven wrong. You would’ve been an excellent addition to Trump’s cabinet.

First, yes. A trade posted is a trade in it’s whole entirety. Any out of context quoting as you did twice is pushing a false agenda and not needed here.
Ross > Rubio and currently the Bulls pick is #10. With the stipulation Isaac is healthy, that is a very viable non-homer trade to consider as a whole. Go post it on TNT board and see for yourself.

Since you spiraled to name calling we will consider this back and forth done.

If you did actually serve in military I thank you for your service. And just to be clear, when name calling and assuming I reside in a basement, how do you know I am not military? Quite the assumption.
Wolveswin
Head Coach

Post#1440 » by Wolveswin » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:58 pm

Rockets:
Gordon + House Jr. + #22 (2021 Blazers 1st) + 2023 Wizards 1st
FOR
Beasley + Bryant

Wizards:
Westbrook + Avdija + Bryant + Picks (see below)
FOR
Russell + Towns + House Jr. + 2023 1st (returned)

Wolves:
Towns + Russell + Beasley
FOR
Westbrook (buyout)
Gordon
Avdija
#2 (2021 Wizards 1st)
#22 (2021 Blazers 1st via Rockets)
2022 Wizards 1st (unprotected)
2023 Wizards 1st Swap (unprotected)
2024 Wizards 1st (unprotected)

Mobley (#2)