ImageImageImage

Trade Talk (Part Six)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Howard Cosell
Rookie
And1: 276

Re: Trade Talk (Part Six) 

Post#2061 » by Howard Cosell » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:59 pm

I don’t know guys but you can marked me down as being quite nervous Twolves will end up with Ben Simmons.

I will let somebody else attach the new Wojo tweet on to this thread but it’s obvious Simmons has as much interest in moving away from Philadelphia’s team as 76ers want to trade him away…which is they both want to get it done.

I can see Simmons wanting to move to a team with less spotlight and with players he knows and has a genuine friendship with outside of bouncing a basketball. Twolves seem to be the match. Rosas and Morley…D-Lo and Simmons..the relationships are all there to get it done.

Beasley + Rubio + FRP…I don’t know…

But dam…I’m getting nervous.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,264

Post#2062 » by Baseline81 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:42 pm

Howard Cosell wrote:I don’t know guys but you can marked me down as being quite nervous Twolves will end up with Ben Simmons.

I will let somebody else attach the new Wojo tweet on to this thread but it’s obvious Simmons has as much interest in moving away from Philadelphia’s team as 76ers want to trade him away…which is they both want to get it done.

I can see Simmons wanting to move to a team with less spotlight and with players he knows and has a genuine friendship with outside of bouncing a basketball. Twolves seem to be the match. Rosas and Morley…D-Lo and Simmons..the relationships are all there to get it done.

Beasley + Rubio + FRP…I don’t know…

But dam…I’m getting nervous.

Personally, I would be ecstatic if the Wolves managed to bring in Simmons. It's been far too long since I've enjoyed cheering a successful Wolves team.
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#2063 » by IceManBK1 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:00 pm

Simmons need to demand trade with how philly and the fans are treating him. Min will embrace him.. Encourage him to shoot and hire him a good shooting coach. And that way we don't have to give up as much assets.
Howard Cosell
Rookie

Post#2064 » by Howard Cosell » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:12 pm

Twolves putting all their chips in the middle of the table?

Is Morey & Rosas setting the table?

MN IN: Ben Simmons / 33mil / 4 yrs

TOR IN: Ricky Rubio / 17.8mil / 1 yr
Gary Clarke / 2mil / 1 yr
Timberwolves 2023 2nd round pick

PHI IN: Malik Beasley / 14.3mil / 3yrs
Timberwolves 2022 1st round pick
Timberwolves 2024 1st round pick
Kyle Lowery / S&T 20mil/ 3 yrs

Hang up the phone Rosas!
Hang up the dam phone!!
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,724

Post#2065 » by minimus » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:17 pm

I like Culver to HOU idea, it also makes sense for teams such as SAS, NYK, OKC, DET, CLE. So Culver for 2nd round pick. Beasley, Rubio, two future firsts for Simmons.

KAT/Reid/???
Simmons/Juancho/Vando
McDaniels/Layman/Edwards
Edwards/Nowell/Bolmaro
DLo/???/Bolmaro
TaylorTag
Rookie
And1: 376

Post#2066 » by TaylorTag » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:21 pm

Can we start a free agency thread?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,964

Post#2067 » by Klomp » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:44 pm

I've been thinking for a few days about a Naz Reid trade situation. He's got two years left on his deal before restricted free agency. At some point, I think we need to discuss capitalizing on him increasing his value and his bargain contract because he's never going to usurp Towns in the starting lineup. His invite to the USA Select team is the latest example of his rising profile in the league.

At the same time, that rising profile gives me some hesitance to trade him. He's a lot like Jaden in that it would only have to be in a deal for a star player. His restricted free agency does line up perfectly with Towns' final year of his deal, so holding on to him would also serve as a nice insurance policy in case things would happen to turn south. I don't think they will, but you can never say never with this team.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,598

Post#2068 » by jpatrick » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:33 pm

IceManBK1 wrote:Simmons need to demand trade with how philly and the fans are treating him. Min will embrace him.. Encourage him to shoot and hire him a good shooting coach. And that way we don't have to give up as much assets.

I don’t think he needs to demand anything. The team wants him gone as much as he probably wants out. It’s just going to be hard to make a deal because his value is at an all time low.

I see a Portland, Cleveland, maybe the Spurs putting something together.

If the Cavs can flip Sexton plus pieces for Simmons and draft Green, I like that nucleus (Garland, Simmons, Green, Allen, Okoro).
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,733

Post#2069 » by shrink » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:04 pm

Klomp wrote:I've been thinking for a few days about a Naz Reid trade situation. He's got two years left on his deal before restricted free agency. At some point, I think we need to discuss capitalizing on him increasing his value and his bargain contract because he's never going to usurp Towns in the starting lineup. His invite to the USA Select team is the latest example of his rising profile in the league.

At the same time, that rising profile gives me some hesitance to trade him. He's a lot like Jaden in that it would only have to be in a deal for a star player. His restricted free agency does line up perfectly with Towns' final year of his deal, so holding on to him would also serve as a nice insurance policy in case things would happen to turn south. I don't think they will, but you can never say never with this team.

First, we should really only consider Naz as one year on the vet MIN, if we go for two, he becomes a UFA. If we use one, and an extension, he’s an RFA, but with some limitations on what we can pay.

Second, I agree with you, and it’s a good idea to discuss Naz, and the rest of the youth. I have been waiting until all the Ben Simmons stuff calms down, but I have a lot to say on this.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2070 » by Klomp » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:05 pm

I think there are only a couple of fits for Simmons. Portland is one if they want a win now piece. Orlando is one if they want youth and draft capital. I think we're right in the sweet spot that can offer both, plus I wouldn't ignore the Rosas/Morey angle of the trade discussion process.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2071 » by Klomp » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:06 pm

shrink wrote:
Klomp wrote:I've been thinking for a few days about a Naz Reid trade situation. He's got two years left on his deal before restricted free agency. At some point, I think we need to discuss capitalizing on him increasing his value and his bargain contract because he's never going to usurp Towns in the starting lineup. His invite to the USA Select team is the latest example of his rising profile in the league.

First, we should really only consider Naz as one year on the vet MIN, if we go for two, he becomes a UFA. If we use one, and an extension, he’s an RFA, but with some limitations on what we can pay.

Second, I agree with you, and it’s a good idea to discuss Naz, and the rest of the youth. I have been waiting until all the Ben Simmons stuff calms down, but I have a lot to say on this.

Thanks, I get confused on the Hinkie specials. I initially thought it was one, but saw the team option in year four.

life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,884

Post#2072 » by life_saver » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:35 pm

I feel like any trade involving Simmons, Rubio, Beasley will likely need to involve a 3rd team...Philly would like to see a guard/wing in return who can create his own shot comfortably
Howard Cosell
Rookie

Post#2073 » by Howard Cosell » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:17 pm

life_saver wrote:I feel like any trade involving Simmons, Rubio, Beasley will likely need to involve a 3rd team...Philly would like to see a guard/wing in return who can create his own shot comfortably

Toronto:

76ers 2022 2nd round pick

Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#2074 » by Note30 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:44 pm

Howard Cosell wrote:
life_saver wrote:I feel like any trade involving Simmons, Rubio, Beasley will likely need to involve a 3rd team...Philly would like to see a guard/wing in return who can create his own shot comfortably

Toronto:

76ers 2022 2nd round pick

Pretty sure you can't do a sign and trade like that and wtf people what the hell is this package.

2 Firsts for a guy who cant shoot?!?!

If he averaging 15 pts as the second option what the hell is he going to do here.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

I was blind but now I see.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#2075 » by Note30 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:47 pm

If we really want to trade for a big superstar and use all our chips pick Damian Lillard not Ben Simmons.

Lillard
DLo
Ant
McDaniels
Towns

Is better than

DLo
Beasley
Ant
Simmons
KAT

Plus we could probably pry another decent player to shore up the team.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

I was blind but now I see.
Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Post#2076 » by Norseman79 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:58 pm

Note30 wrote:If we really want to trade for a big superstar and use all our chips pick Damian Lillard not Ben Simmons.

Lillard
DLo
Ant
McDaniels
Towns

Is better than

DLo
Beasley
Ant
Simmons
KAT

Yeah, except Lillard isn't available...
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#2077 » by moss_is_1 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:07 am

Note30 wrote:If we really want to trade for a big superstar and use all our chips pick Damian Lillard not Ben Simmons.

Lillard
DLo
Ant
McDaniels
Towns

Is better than

DLo
Beasley
Ant
Simmons
KAT

What exactly are we trading for Lillard if we keep KAT, Ant, DLO and McDaniels?
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,018

Post#2078 » by Domejandro » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:05 am

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves