ImageImageImage

Trade Talk (Part Six)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,494

Re: Trade Talk (Part Six) 

Post#81 » by Wolveswin » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:59 pm

perik777 wrote:The Celtics need some instant offense from the bench, and I think Russell cant lead a team by himself.

What about:
28 M TPE + 2021 Celtics 1st

for

DLo

The celtics should clear about 7 M off the books to make it happen before, but this gives the wolves a 2nd 1st round pick in a loaded draft and a possibility to land another star given the chance with that exception

He doesn’t fit into the TPE.

And in reality the 1st is going the wrong direction. Celtics are not going heavy into luxury tax for Russell and paying a 1st.

Wolves shouldn’t be spending assets they don’t have to dump Towns’ friend.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 692

Post#82 » by karch34 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:01 pm

shrink wrote:
perik777 wrote:The Celtics need some instant offense from the bench, and I think Russell cant lead a team by himself.

What about:
28 M TPE + 2021 Celtics 1st

for

DLo

The celtics should clear about 7 M off the books to make it happen before, but this gives the wolves a 2nd 1st round pick in a loaded draft and a possibility to land another star given the chance with that exception

Actually, since MIN may lose their own 1st in the 2021 draft, I expect getting back in holds even more appeal.

While ai would happily do this deal and let Rubio be our PG, I doubt it’s something we would see in reality. Rosas has had a lot of whiffs, but he bet big on Russell, and he needs the Towns-Russell pairing to work. In addition, he must be careful to not alienate Towns, and Russell is his BFF.

Russell was recently voted the sixth worst contract in the NBA over on the Trade Board, so cap space and a 1st sounds wonderful. I would mention that over there, we often tend to undervalue what scorers bring back in trade, but still, I think the value is fine. I just don’t think Rosas would go for it, unfortunately.

Agree that I don't think Rosa's would do it and his vision of offense is not condusive to a lot of Rubio and his shooting issues.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 692

Post#83 » by karch34 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:04 pm

old school 34 wrote:
old school 34 wrote:Alright...got a Gordon trade for some consider....I know, I know...we're exhausted with Gordon trades...but this one has a twist, I think?

3-way deal...Orl/Atl/Min

Orl out-- Gordon/Aminu/Ennis for Rubio/Culver/Okogie/Fernando/MN future 1st (lottery protected)

Atl out-- Collins/Snell/Fernando for Gordon/Ennis

Min out-- Rubio/Culver/Okogie/FFRP for Collins/Aminu/Snell

Why for each--

Orl-- Rubio can mentor (especially since Fultz may not even be ready start of next year) & a bunch of defensive oriented young guys to get a look @ (Clifford being defense first coach) & 1 pick...probably as good as Orl could hope for for AG...even though they were hoping for more earlier?

Atl-- They get a young pf @ the price point they can't get Collins to sign & Ennis for Snell a solid push rotation wise while making the financial piece work? Only costing them Fernando (who's in a bad logjam anyway) and the downgrade from JC to AG...which they can probably absorb for the financial price point that they're after?

Min-- If we're going to need to give up draft capital to fix the pf spot...get me the guy that at least has best chance to possibly pass DLo on the pecking chart. Yes, he'll be expensive next year....but his defense has significantly improved this year...he gets us bigger while still be athletic enough that Rosas can feel he fits their system still.

We're not completely blowing it up until we hit the top 3 in the lottery...until that happens...we're going to keep tweaking & moving forward (better or worse)...but I feel this could work & from a future financial side of it...you'd have approx 16 mil in expirings (Davis/Snell) who if they work...might be even smaller to almost min vet type deals? And Aminu/Juancho expiring the year after (another 16-17 mil)....important factors to stay below lux as JC gets extended.

Then sign JMac to that 15th spot & bring one of your G-league wings back on the 2nd 2-way.

DLo/JMac
Beasley/Nowell/Snell
Ant/McDaniels/Layman
Collins/Vanderbilt/Aminu
KAT/Naz/Davis

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
What about this one...also got lost in the drama...AG one, but not ending in MN?

I like the fit. Not sure if I want to give another FFRP with Collins due for an extension though.
old school 34
Senior
And1: 240

Post#84 » by old school 34 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:12 pm

karch34 wrote:
old school 34 wrote:
old school 34 wrote:Alright...got a Gordon trade for some consider....I know, I know...we're exhausted with Gordon trades...but this one has a twist, I think?

3-way deal...Orl/Atl/Min

Orl out-- Gordon/Aminu/Ennis for Rubio/Culver/Okogie/Fernando/MN future 1st (lottery protected)

Atl out-- Collins/Snell/Fernando for Gordon/Ennis

Min out-- Rubio/Culver/Okogie/FFRP for Collins/Aminu/Snell

Why for each--

Orl-- Rubio can mentor (especially since Fultz may not even be ready start of next year) & a bunch of defensive oriented young guys to get a look @ (Clifford being defense first coach) & 1 pick...probably as good as Orl could hope for for AG...even though they were hoping for more earlier?

Atl-- They get a young pf @ the price point they can't get Collins to sign & Ennis for Snell a solid push rotation wise while making the financial piece work? Only costing them Fernando (who's in a bad logjam anyway) and the downgrade from JC to AG...which they can probably absorb for the financial price point that they're after?

Min-- If we're going to need to give up draft capital to fix the pf spot...get me the guy that at least has best chance to possibly pass DLo on the pecking chart. Yes, he'll be expensive next year....but his defense has significantly improved this year...he gets us bigger while still be athletic enough that Rosas can feel he fits their system still.

We're not completely blowing it up until we hit the top 3 in the lottery...until that happens...we're going to keep tweaking & moving forward (better or worse)...but I feel this could work & from a future financial side of it...you'd have approx 16 mil in expirings (Davis/Snell) who if they work...might be even smaller to almost min vet type deals? And Aminu/Juancho expiring the year after (another 16-17 mil)....important factors to stay below lux as JC gets extended.

Then sign JMac to that 15th spot & bring one of your G-league wings back on the 2nd 2-way.

DLo/JMac
Beasley/Nowell/Snell
Ant/McDaniels/Layman
Collins/Vanderbilt/Aminu
KAT/Naz/Davis

Thoughts?

What about this one...also got lost in the drama...AG one, but not ending in MN?

I like the fit. Not sure if I want to give another FFRP with Collins due for an extension though.
Yep...I get the concern about giving up more draft comp...but if I don't, not sure that I can get a pf that's going to bring back enough impact that would move the needle?

Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#85 » by Jedzz » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:49 pm

karch34 wrote:
old school 34 wrote:
3-way deal...Orl/Atl/Min

I had the same thought. With so many freaking out about not having the 2021, willing to tank yet another season to keep it temporarily; trading yet another FRP would put a whole lot of pressure on Collins in that deal to bring perfection incarnate. If they have to do something like that fine. But expect some blowback over then having to also give him a huge deal.

I also wasn't sure about the plan to bring JMac back as the 15th roster spot written into that. They need to stop taking advantage of that guy. The 15th spot is often not even filled by teams. If people don't value him any more than that, then you cut him free. He's not the whipping boy just because he's not 6-3.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#86 » by Baseline81 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:51 pm

Isn't Collins looking for a max contract?
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#87 » by Jedzz » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:53 pm

old school 34 wrote:Yep...I get the concern about giving up more draft comp...but if I don't, not sure that I can get a pf that's going to bring back enough impact that would move the needle?

If you get him in a sign/trade it might make it seem different.

Also, I think we have to stop imagining the Wolves can get whoever they want in trade only by sending out the players we no longer want. There is a logjam or two on this team. You may be able to include a player from those logjams that you don't necessarily want to give up, but doing so might allow you to fill that PF spot while you have plenty of players to fill the spot of the player you traded away.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#88 » by Jedzz » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:31 pm

Hey shrink.
Spoiler:
if you can't stand by what you've said shrink that's on you, not me. Make whatever false claims about me that you want, I know you won't stop. The personal beef you had about Beasley this offseason and now apparently with me now seem to allow you to feel good throwing out false claims on me like you did Beasley prior. i would call this a track record starting to be established.

Personal Beef. It was an interesting term you threw at another poster here the other day when you claimed he had a personal beef against Towns causing his trade suggestions. I checked his posts and no where that I can find before that has he ever posted the words "I have a personal beef with Towns and that is why I don't need realistic trade offers." But that didn't stop you from posting that he had a Personal Beef causing these trade posts. He actually tried to explain for you and Klomp and that's the empty response he got from you. So what you did there was extrapolate a reasoning for his suggested trades and let him have it with those terms.

Which is exactly what I've done with posts where you slip in lines of falsehoods and contradictory lines along with other now more accepting words about Beasley. I've extrapolated that your reason for doing so is that you still refuse to stand corrected on that topic and like to take stabs at those of us that sat through your tirade this offseason. Do you need to see where you did this to another poster recently? Check it out.
Spoiler:
shrink wrote:
Wolveswin wrote:Poor return is subjective. Great example is the thread which got Shrink panties in a bunch. Suggested trade with Kings, with main return being Hali. Multiple Kings fans said they wouldn’t do Hali for Towns straight up. Let alone add value.

So subjective would be as Wolves fans...is that a good deal that should be considered? And if it was, does that leave organization in better position than with Towns? Let’s discuss that...

Aside from your personal beef, did you come up with reasoning why MIN would trade Towns?

Me: So in other words you believe his personal beef with Towns is his only reasoning, not what he just described as his reasoning. Shouldn't you now call yourself a Liar and Editor of truth as you've repeatedly done with me?
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#89 » by Jedzz » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:53 pm

Baseline81 wrote:Isn't Collins looking for a max contract?

idk, is he? I think they all would like one. Where it ends up may not be. He's shooting his 3s well this year, over 40%. But that still is only 1.5 makes per game at his highest rate of attempts in any year so far.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,194

Post#90 » by Neeva » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:51 pm

Collins and Gordon aren’t worth their current or future contracts and besides we got McDaniels who will be better than both in 2-3 seasons , so who cares.
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#91 » by IceManBK1 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:37 pm

Maybe we can do sth like Culver, Huancho and Okogie for Collins? I'd do Beasley for Collins straight up. So Edwards can be ft starter at SG.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,194

Post#92 » by Neeva » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:04 am

Collins ain’t worth Beasley smh
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#93 » by Jedzz » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:17 am

Neeva wrote:Collins and Gordon aren’t worth their current or future contracts and besides we got McDaniels who will be better than both in 2-3 seasons , so who cares.

I think you are right about McDaniels. I think he could start right now at SF, maybe next year at PF, maybe either right now. Certainly given the alternatives. I think he might be capable of showing star player hints in his second year but it can only happen if this arse of a coach lets him. I don't like starting rookies unless they are showing ready for it but I think he is showing the head for it and the determination to stick with it on every possession to deserve it. Given the alternatives it probably should be happening. But I can see them keeping the pressure off him for the first year too, it's a wise move. There is this little problem however of him being drafted 28th that this team will have to get over and allow him to play above his draft slot. They might not allow it.

Why bother trading and spending assets if you've found one? I agree.
Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Post#94 » by Norseman79 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:43 am

Jedzz wrote:
Neeva wrote:Collins and Gordon aren’t worth their current or future contracts and besides we got McDaniels who will be better than both in 2-3 seasons , so who cares.

I think you are right about McDaniels. I think he could start right now at SF, maybe next year at PF, maybe either right now. Certainly given the alternatives. I think he might be capable of showing star player hints in his second year but it can only happen if this arse of a coach lets him. I don't like starting rookies unless they are showing ready for it but I think he is showing the head for it and the determination to stick with it on every possession to deserve it. Given the alternatives it probably should be happening. But I can see them keeping the pressure off him for the first year too, it's a wise move. There is this little problem however of him being drafted 28th that this team will have to get over and allow him to play above his draft slot. They might not allow it.

Why bother trading and spending assets if you've found one? I agree.

I am still going to say I like Edwards starting at the two, even though we don't play that type of offense. I also like Mcdaniels starting at the three for now, I just wish we ran an actual offense. I have been super pleased with Beas, and if him and Edwards will work as a starting backcourt, do it.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,607

Post#95 » by shrink » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:09 pm

Jedzz wrote:Hey shrink.....

Unbelievable. I barely read this, but I’m sure it’s full of your typical vague accusations with a “no you are!” response.

Dude, I quoted you. Those were your words, not your silly hand waving, and not your continued desperate attempt to change the subject to anything else. To remind you (again), people just had to put up with us for two pages going ...
Jedz: shrink thinks we should trade Beasley
Shrink. I don’t think that. You’re lying
Jedz: yes you do, believe me!
Shrink: I literally posted twice that I don’t want to trade Beasley. You’re lying
Jedz: I don’t care what you posted. You want to trade Beasley. Believe me.
Shrink: ???? !!!!#—#$-$-#-#%-#!!

Now,you want Round 2, Round 3-4????

Jedz: shrink thinks something about percentages, or shrink thinks .. whatever this new mess is.
Shrink: .....?

Dude, you have no credibility. You don’t tell the truth, and deny it when quoted with the exact information that proves it. Do you think anyone on the board wants to see you lie about what someone says again? Or that anyone wants me to respond to this same old behavior of yours?

But that’s my opinion. I’ll put it to the group. If anyone wants Jedz to keep posting his, “let me tell you what shrink thinks” crap, speak up.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#96 » by Jedzz » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:49 pm

shrink wrote:Unbelievable.
Spoiler:
I barely read this, but I’m sure it’s full of your typical vague accusations with a “no you are!” response.

Dude, I quoted you. Those were your words, not your silly hand waving, and not your continued desperate attempt to change the subject to anything else. To remind you (again), people just had to put up with us for two pages going ...
Jedz: shrink thinks we should trade Beasley
Shrink. I don’t think that. You’re lying
Jedz: yes you do, believe me!
Shrink: I literally posted twice that I don’t want to trade Beasley. You’re lying
Jedz: I don’t care what you posted. You want to trade Beasley. Believe me.
Shrink: ???? !!!!#—#$-$-#-#%-#!!

Now,you want Round 2, Round 3-4????

Jedz: shrink thinks something about percentages, or shrink thinks .. whatever this new mess is.
Shrink: .....?

Dude, you have no credibility. You don’t tell the truth, and deny it when quoted with the exact information that proves it. Do you think anyone on the board wants to see you lie about what someone says again? Or that anyone wants me to respond to this same old behavior of yours?

Looks like once again you are the one posting fake quotes here. I never have. Keep adding to that track record of yours.
Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Post#97 » by Norseman79 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:18 pm

Anyone else hearing anything regarding a riff between Saunders and DLo? I can't remember which twitter account I had seen it brought up on, but it doesn't matter, wanting to know if anyone else has seen anything about it?

Also have seen Detroit being a team mentioned to go after Culver. How would people feel about a Culver for Doumbouya swap?
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,327

Post#98 » by Calinks » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:22 pm

Guys, stay on topic. Too much bickering going on. Stop the snide remarks and insult volleying. Stick to discussing the trade scenarios. Jedzz, stop picking apart everything Shrink posts or make accusations about his content that are unfounded. Shrink, don't feed him when he goes off like this. Nobody likes to see a thread littered with bickering, stick to the topic of trades and constructive posting.

This is a warning, action will be taken if it continues in this thread. (no that doesn't mean take this fight to another thread either).
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#99 » by Jedzz » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:24 pm

Calinks wrote:
Spoiler:
Guys, stay on topic. Too much bickering going on. Stop the snide remarks and insult volleying. Stick to discussing the trade scenarios. Jedzz, stop picking apart everything Shrink posts or make accusations about his content that are unfounded. Shrink, don't feed him when he goes off like this. Nobody likes to see a thread littered with bickering, stick to the topic of trades and constructive posting.[b]

This is a warning,
Spoiler:
[b]action will be taken if it continues in this thread. (no that doesn't mean take this fight to another thread either).

I see.
Spoiler:
So, I made unfounded claims about his posts while picking them apart according to you. But Shrink can make claims about Personal Beefs about what is behind Wolveswin's Towns trade posts and claim some kind of moral high ground and start trying to get him and others to stop posting here, talking down to them about what is and what isn't allowed to be posted here due to shrink's imaginary level of reality for "real-fantasy-GM and what his own posts have been here? Are you serious? Have you really read his posts? If he's not talking down to Wolveswin he's just calling me a liar and hiding from his own posted words.

The UNDERLINED of this quote of yours is bunk Mr. Mod Calinks. That is not objective work. That is not a job well done. No. Yes we both probably deserve the dunce corner. But that's not what that line says, is it. This is more letting shrink be shrink as usual.

I would gladly fall in line but now Your words were now unfounded. Best I can do is what I've been doing. Hide these responses in SPoilers. Therefore those that don't want to, don't have to.

My only desire was to get him to stop making things up himself, stand by those posts he hammers us with when they go wrong, and stop acting like he's got a lock on what's acceptable quality realGM suggestive posts. The last just being plain lame and a mod here should have stepped in on him then.

I told Wolveswin I had to put him on ignore because all his trade suggestions all ended in Warriors favor each time and so to me there is something up with that. But to each his own. Shrink actually went to a level where he's trying to browbeat the guy, acting like shrink knows what is considered quality intellectual "real" GM talk, basically trying to tell Wovleswin he is not a high enough intellectual to discuss things at shrink's fantasy land of "real"GM. Is he serious? Once again, the guy who thought Beasley could have been attained in FA for the exact same 10MM or less/yr that he turned down Denver for. Shrink, this bastion of his own "real"GM quality was so far from reality that it can no longer be accepted. His posting style should no longer be accepted. His imagination of himself should no longer be accepted to browbeat other posters ideas and thoughts. What's worse is he used the same extrapolation of what was behind Wolveswin's posts to go after him, yet all his posts to me in the last week have been calling me a liar for extrapolating what his actual posted words mean. It is literally the same way he posts.

None of this would be an issue if this guy wasn't so determined to smash/bash/destroy/ridicule anyone that ever questions him, even once, he'll take it on forever. But worse, he's allowed to. By you Calinks. Great work.

I'll take a month off on my own. This tiny corner of realGM can wallow in the drop of action. Reddit is but around the corner and just fine. If this is what mods here do and don't do, what's the point. Try to be better Calinks.

(the nerve of that guy posting in large red mod talk. - Jim Gaffigand voice)
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#100 » by Jedzz » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:50 pm

Norseman79 wrote:Anyone else hearing anything regarding a riff between Saunders and DLo? I can't remember which twitter account I had seen it brought up on, but it doesn't matter, wanting to know if anyone else has seen anything about it?

Also have seen Detroit being a team mentioned to go after Culver. How would people feel about a Culver for Doumbouya swap?

I hadn't heard anything. But things have been strange this season across the board. Finding out about schisms can explain a lot of things after the fact. Maybe that's why they are always guessed at, to try help explain things.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves