ImageImageImage

Post Game Thoughts. At Mavs.

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Re: Post Game Thoughts. At Mavs. 

Post#21 » by packforfreedom » Tue Feb 9, 2021 11:36 am

Yet another game where we seemed unprepared. yet another early 20 point deficit and a following uphill battle. it's frustrating.

But I am glad that Edwards' game is becoming more consistant since he's become a starter and especially his passing game get stronger by almost by the game.
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#22 » by LesGrossman » Tue Feb 9, 2021 1:59 pm

I dont care for results much any more. I just get more and more frustrated with the (coaching driven) decision making. Low, low IQ, selfish and straight dumb often.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,716

Post#23 » by thinktank » Tue Feb 9, 2021 2:17 pm

Seems like Saunders waits too long to double.

Saunders also doesn’t use his TOs enough early. Took one down 6 and then let it roll to a 41 point quarter.

He just doesn’t have his finger on the pulse of the game, for the entire game.
"a poor addition to the board"
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 693

Post#24 » by karch34 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:02 am

K4P wrote:The Timberwolves are 6-18.

I believe we're 2-2 (.500) with Towns and 4-16 (.200) without. I'm actually surprised it's .200 without Towns as it doesn't feel like more than .100

Excited for Towns to be back, but with team, system, coaching, philosophy, minutes, defense, etc so bad without him, wonder what's a reasonable expectation with him.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#25 » by Jedzz » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:34 am

karch34 wrote:

I believe we're 2-2 (.500) with Towns and 4-16 (.200) without. I'm actually surprised it's .200 without Towns as it doesn't feel like more than .100

Excited for Towns to be back, but with team, system, coaching, philosophy, minutes, defense, etc so bad without him, wonder what's a reasonable expectation with him.

I think it all depends on how they decide to play when the gets back. Do they decide to get after it, or do they continue to try and develop players as a top goal, along with trying to sell players as they clearly have been? Or do they put it together the best possible way it could be and go on a run towards wins and respectibility? I know what I'm assuming they do, but I just don't know.
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#26 » by LesGrossman » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:30 am

The Tank is on, only reason to not play Towns and continue that Saunders nonsense. He is a HOF tank commander.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,945

Post#27 » by Klomp » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:44 am

karch34 wrote:

At least last year, we knew the Layman stat was probably a fluke and were having fun with it. Missing your star player, it isn't outlandish to be considerably worse.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
karch34
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by karch34 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:13 pm

I agree star player gone you're going to be considerably worse. I guess my point was if we're looking like a 16 win team without KAT it's a big jump to respectability. I know there's a lot of coaching and rotation fixes that could bridge some of that gap, but it's still a lot.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,945

Post#29 » by Klomp » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:14 pm

karch34 wrote:I agree star player gone you're going to be considerably worse. I guess my point was if we're looking like a 16 win team without KAT it's a big jump to respectability. I know there's a lot of coaching and rotation fixes that could bridge some of that gap, but it's still a lot.

Definitely. I don't think anyone is saying we'll be the '96 Bulls once he gets back. It honestly might be too late for any kind of playoff push. Let's say we have to get to .500 to get into the play-in. At that rate, Minnesota needs to finish the season with a 30-18 record the rest of the way. That's the pace of a top-four seed in the West.

I do think it's important to get him back though. Our core just needs to get experience playing together so we can see what we have.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
karch34
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by karch34 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:13 am

Klomp wrote:
karch34 wrote:I agree star player gone you're going to be considerably worse. I guess my point was if we're looking like a 16 win team without KAT it's a big jump to respectability. I know there's a lot of coaching and rotation fixes that could bridge some of that gap, but it's still a lot.

Definitely. I don't think anyone is saying we'll be the '96 Bulls once he gets back. It honestly might be too late for any kind of playoff push. Let's say we have to get to .500 to get into the play-in. At that rate, Minnesota needs to finish the season with a 30-18 record the rest of the way. That's the pace of a top-four seed in the West.

I do think it's important to get him back though. Our core just needs to get experience playing together so we can see what we have.

Agree 100%.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves