ImageImageImage

Should we try to sign Boogie?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,519

Re: Should we try to sign Boogie? 

Post#21 » by shrink » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:56 pm

I could see us signing RHJ on Tuesday when 10-day contracts become available.

He knows the system, it wouldn’t cost too much for ten days, and we’d maintain flexibility for trades.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
TRik
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,445

Post#22 » by TRik » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:45 pm

Would you rather choose the worst team in the league over a contender, if you’re talking same minimum contract? Lol

Cousins would only come here if the Wolves did an ugly overpay, which would then hurt the franchise.
‘Silly rabbit’
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,332

Post#23 » by winforlose » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:23 pm

TRik wrote:Would you rather choose the worst team in the league over a contender, if you’re talking same minimum contract? Lol

Cousins would only come here if the Wolves did an ugly overpay, which would then hurt the franchise.

I already talked about this but since you missed it. On a contender he gets less minutes with a tighter leash. Here he gets more minutes with a better opportunity to show what he can do. For him it is prove it time. For us it is a small ball out if he is better than Vando.
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#24 » by LesGrossman » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:43 am

winforlose wrote:
TRik wrote:Would you rather choose the worst team in the league over a contender, if you’re talking same minimum contract? Lol

I already talked about this but since you missed it. On a contender he gets less minutes with a tighter leash. Here he gets more minutes with a better opportunity to show what he can do. For him it is prove it time. For us it is a small ball out if he is better than Vando.

He's way past "prove it" time. He has been on several contenders and has shown to remain the same dumb, uncontrollably emotional and selfish player with undoubtedly great (wasted) talent.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,925

Post#25 » by Domejandro » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:51 am

LesGrossman wrote:
winforlose wrote:

He's way past "prove it" time. He has been on several contenders and has shown to remain the same dumb, uncontrollably emotional and selfish player with undoubtedly great (wasted) talent.

What? Teams have continually spoken positively of him, he just keeps getting injured. His teammates have a high opinion of him, his body is just completely toasted, at this point.
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#26 » by LesGrossman » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:14 am

Domejandro wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:
winforlose wrote:

What? Teams have continually spoken positively of him, he just keeps getting injured. His teammates have a high opinion of him, his body is just completely toasted, at this point.

He keeps getting tossed out of games. I dont care how they speak about him to be honest. He is highly unprofessional, in fact if you ask any fan who watches the NBA frequently who the most unprofessional and overly emotional guy is they'll probably name him. Cant believe we're really discussing this.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,332

Post#27 » by winforlose » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:09 pm

LesGrossman wrote:
Domejandro wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:He's way past "prove it" time. He has been on several contenders and has shown to remain the same dumb, uncontrollably emotional and selfish player with undoubtedly great (wasted) talent.

He keeps getting tossed out of games. I dont care how they speak about him to be honest. He is highly unprofessional, in fact if you ask any fan who watches the NBA frequently who the most unprofessional and overly emotional guy is they'll probably name him. Cant believe we're really discussing this.

We wouldn’t be if Vando could catch a pass or Juancho could bother showing up in shape. I admit I have not followed Boogie much outside of the occasional article and a quick glance at his stat line after I read he is available. That said, I just don’t think he could be much worse than what we are dealing with now.

After hearing what everyone had to say I agree it is probably a bad fit. I do however strongly believe small ball is a ticket to the lottery and we need to acquire 1 or 2 legit centers to move KAT and Naz to guarding and ideally being guarded by PFs.
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,113

Post#28 » by m2002brian » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:40 am

Ironic this thread came up just before we hire the guy who is credited with helping develop Cousins down in N.O.
BLUEGREENRED
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,852

Post#29 » by Klomp » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:31 pm

m2002brian wrote:Ironic this thread came up just before we hire the guy who is credited with helping develop Cousins down in N.O.

I was kinda thinking the same.

Finch didn't really develop Cousins, but he did help accentuate his game in some ways though. Career high in assists, for example.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves