Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,482

Post#1 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:58 am

winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,408

Re: Game 35: Phoenix Suns (21-11) @ Minnesota Timberwolves (7-27) l Sunday l 8:00pm l FSN 

Post#2 » by winforlose » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:20 am

This is copied from Hoopshype and I believe it should happen for this game.

Dane Moore: Jaylen Nowell on potentially starting while Malik Beasley is out: “That would mean everything. Everything I worked for. That would be my first start, so obviously that’s a big accomplishment. If that happens, it’s cool. If it doesn’t, that’s cool, too.” 2 days ago – via Twitter DaneMooreNBA
SCTwins
Rookie
And1: 884

Re: Game 35: Phoenix Suns (21-11) @ Minnesota Timberwolves (7-27) l Sunday l 8:00pm l FSN 

Post#3 » by SCTwins » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:50 pm

I can't believe we're sitting at 7 wins...smh
winforlose
General Manager

Post#4 » by winforlose » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:07 pm

SCTwins wrote:I can't believe we're sitting at 7 wins...smh

With Ryan as our head coach for most of the season and our injury and availability issues I can barley believe we have 7 wins. Remember two of the came before everything went down with the wrist injury.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#5 » by Baseline81 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:13 pm

What's crazy is the 4th worst team -- Cleveland, Orlando and Sacramento are tied -- have nearly double the wins at 13.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#6 » by winforlose » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:21 pm

Baseline81 wrote:

What's crazy is the 4th worst team -- Cleveland, Orlando and Sacramento are tied -- have nearly double the wins at 13.

Not crazy at all. Take a bad coach, bad luck, and add the most toxic ingredient imaginable (small ball) and this is what you get. I have been saying it for years, rebounding matters. Speed does nothing if you cannot stop them from grabbing rebounds and either getting easy putbacks or open 3s against broken defense. Even before Rosas I was calling for KAT to be a PF and get a real center to play beside him. Now, we see what happens when you have a PF play backup center as well. Add to that useless PFs or worse a SG trying to guard PFs and you get this.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,263

Post#7 » by Baseline81 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:25 pm

winforlose wrote:Not crazy at all. Take a bad coach, bad luck, and add the most toxic ingredient imaginable (small ball) and this is what you get. I have been saying it for years, rebounding matters. Speed does nothing if you cannot stop them from grabbing rebounds and either getting easy putbacks or open 3s against broken defense. Even before Rosas I was calling for KAT to be a PF and get a real center to play beside him. Now, we see what happens when you have a PF play backup center as well. Add to that useless PFs or worse a SG trying to guard PFs and you get this.

And yet, they team was able to reach the playoffs under Thibs with Towns as his center.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#8 » by winforlose » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:34 pm

Baseline81 wrote:
winforlose wrote:Not crazy at all. Take a bad coach, bad luck, and add the most toxic ingredient imaginable (small ball) and this is what you get. I have been saying it for years, rebounding matters. Speed does nothing if you cannot stop them from grabbing rebounds and either getting easy putbacks or open 3s against broken defense. Even before Rosas I was calling for KAT to be a PF and get a real center to play beside him. Now, we see what happens when you have a PF play backup center as well. Add to that useless PFs or worse a SG trying to guard PFs and you get this.

And yet, they team was able to reach the playoffs under Thibs with Towns as his center.

With Jimmy Butler taking a serious load on his shoulders. With Jeff Teague playing fairly well and spacing the floor. With KAT healthy the entire season and Gorgui providing a larger backup center. With Taj able to guard centers in a pinch. The whole team wasn’t built around being small and even then when Butler went down we fell from 3rd to tied for 8th and had to win our last game to keep our spot. My point is KAT at center can be overcome, but not easily.

Edit to clarify: It dawned on me, my post could be misread. Gorgui is larger than Naz not KAT. That was what I was trying to express. Having a backup who was longer and lankier who could hold the line on the second unit.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,943

Post#9 » by Klomp » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:03 pm

winforlose wrote:
Baseline81 wrote:

With Jimmy Butler taking a serious load on his shoulders. With Jeff Teague playing fairly well and spacing the floor. With KAT healthy the entire season and Gorgui providing a larger backup center. With Taj able to guard centers in a pinch. The whole team wasn’t built around being small and even then when Butler went down we fell from 3rd to tied for 8th and had to win our last game to keep our spot. My point is KAT at center can be overcome, but not easily.

Edit to clarify: It dawned on me, my post could be misread. Gorgui is larger than Naz not KAT. That was what I was trying to express. Having a backup who was longer and lankier who could hold the line on the second unit.

:lol:
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,943

Post#10 » by Klomp » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:07 pm

Baseline81 wrote:

If people are monitoring this for lottery purposes, the loss column is really what stands out here. Because not only do we only have 7 wins, but that's in 34 games. For example, 11-win Houston has only played 31 games as has 13-win Washington.

There's lots of wiggle room for (gasp!) wins and yet still have the worst record at the end of the season.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
winforlose
General Manager

Post#11 » by winforlose » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:12 pm

Klomp wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Baseline81 wrote:And yet, they team was able to reach the playoffs under Thibs with Towns as his center.

:lol:

Seriously, in 2018-2019 he sucked, but in 2017-2018 he was a massive step up. They couldn’t cheat off of him and between Wiggins, Butler, KAT, and Teague you had four guys who could hit a 3. Granted Wiggins wasn’t very consistent but when he got hot it could be dangerous. Also the added shooting created space for Wiggins to get to the rim.
Dalvin
Rookie
And1: 874

Post#12 » by Dalvin » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:22 pm

Rubio has more wins in the bubble than during the whole season so far? We suck so much this season :lol:
shrink wrote:Good point, and welcome to the boards.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves