ImageImageImage

**** MN Timberwolves 7-28 vs 16-18 Charlotte Hornets - 8pm FSN ****

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

TheZachAttack
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,087

Re: **** MN Timberwolves 7-28 vs 16-18 Charlotte Hornets - 8pm FSN **** 

Post#161 » by TheZachAttack » Thu Mar 4, 2021 7:04 pm

Can we bring back Saunders (I kid but also I'm not really sure if I'm kidding).
RiRuHoops
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,812

Post#162 » by RiRuHoops » Thu Mar 4, 2021 7:25 pm

TheZachAttack wrote:Can we bring back Saunders (I kid but also I'm not really sure if I'm kidding).

The team sucks cause Edwards' development is being put before team's winning games. Saunders was doing it, Finch seemingly keeping it up. Edwards sucks ass, he can't score and can't run plays. It's not all on Edwards, scrub like Vando also likes to call his number from time to time ( he wouldn't start on any other team btw), Beasley has done it despite his strengths being other things. To me it looks like it's Rosas motto that everyone gets to run the offense and Rosas is a moron, who thinks Russell is a star despite a ton of evidence to the contrary.
TheZachAttack
Bench Warmer

Post#163 » by TheZachAttack » Thu Mar 4, 2021 7:42 pm

RiRuHoops wrote:
TheZachAttack wrote:Can we bring back Saunders (I kid but also I'm not really sure if I'm kidding).

The team sucks cause Edwards' development is being put before team's winning games. Saunders was doing it, Finch seemingly keeping it up. Edwards sucks ass, he can't score and can't run plays. It's not all on Edwards, scrub like Vando also likes to call his number from time to time ( he wouldn't start on any other team btw), Beasley has done it despite his strengths being other things. To me it looks like it's Rosas motto that everyone gets to run the offense and Rosas is a moron, who thinks Russell is a star despite a ton of evidence to the contrary.

Personally, I'm fine with Edwards playing like the player that he could eventually be rather than the player he is now (and subsequently prioritizing his potential development over winning). I don't really care about winning this season... I want Edwards to be a Beal or Lavine player who is gunning for 20 shots per game and hitting from all over the court rather than a more limited player.
RiRuHoops
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,812

Post#164 » by RiRuHoops » Thu Mar 4, 2021 8:11 pm

TheZachAttack wrote:
RiRuHoops wrote:

Personally, I'm fine with Edwards playing like the player that he could eventually be rather than the player he is now (and subsequently prioritizing his potential development over winning). I don't really care about winning this season... I want Edwards to be a Beal or Lavine player who is gunning for 20 shots per game and hitting from all over the court rather than a more limited player.

It took Zach 6 years to become a great offensive player (though flawed overall). I hope you got patience and high tolerance for losses :lol:
Heimdal
Sophomore
And1: 147

Post#165 » by Heimdal » Thu Mar 4, 2021 8:41 pm

By the time Edwards is good, and after four or five 20-62 seasons, we'll be letting the newest teen sensation take all the shots, and Edwards will be second fiddle like Towns or will be playing for a different team like Wiggins and Lavine. It is the way.
TheZachAttack
Bench Warmer

Post#166 » by TheZachAttack » Fri Mar 5, 2021 12:26 am

RiRuHoops wrote:
TheZachAttack wrote:
RiRuHoops wrote:

It took Zach 6 years to become a great offensive player (though flawed overall). I hope you got patience and high tolerance for losses :lol:

I do depends on what I’m seeing for the product though. A loss isn’t always equal to a loss. More on that later.

I sort of kid, but pivoting to Edwards from Towns is an acknowledgement that we are 2-3 years away and an off-season away from even starting our next rebuild. I suggest you start to find patience if you don’t have it.
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#167 » by LesGrossman » Fri Mar 5, 2021 5:59 pm

Its the definition of madness to repeat the same mistakes over and over and expect different results. No other franchise would come up with the idea of developing a players shot, handle and decision making in the middle of a season, in actual, competetive and meaningful games. It has never ever worked, not for the wolves and neither for anyone else. My favorite franchise when it comes to development and culture, the spurs, have shown how to do it with Kawhi (until the injury, of course). In the season, stay within yourself and do what you can to your best abilities; then in the off season develop in your greatest weakness. The wolves seemingly do it the other way around.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#168 » by Jedzz » Sat Mar 6, 2021 2:45 pm

TheZachAttack wrote:
RiRuHoops wrote:

Well to me it depends on if you believe he can be developed to eventually be all around better by just throwing him on the court and allowing him to continue what he's always done. In contrast, they could seriously clamp down on what they allow him and ask him to do and short leash him and send out the hook to reel him back to bench every time he breaks outside the parameters. He's not going to forget how to chuck 20 random shots up by doing this. But he might learn to play within rules that help him be more successful individually and for the team of players around him. Then, in the future, when good habits have taken hold for good, now how can start taking 20 shots if he can find 20 good shots to take by being in better position, by knowing what his teammates' and his roles better, by knowing what is and what isn't a good shot and getting himself into those better positions more.
TheZachAttack
Bench Warmer

Post#169 » by TheZachAttack » Mon Mar 8, 2021 9:36 pm

Jedzz wrote:
TheZachAttack wrote:
RiRuHoops wrote:

Well to me it depends on if you believe he can be developed to eventually be all around better by just throwing him on the court and allowing him to continue what he's always done. In contrast, they could seriously clamp down on what they allow him and ask him to do and short leash him and send out the hook to reel him back to bench every time he breaks outside the parameters. He's not going to forget how to chuck 20 random shots up by doing this. But he might learn to play within rules that help him be more successful individually and for the team of players around him. Then, in the future, when good habits have taken hold for good, now how can start taking 20 shots if he can find 20 good shots to take by being in better position, by knowing what his teammates' and his roles better, by knowing what is and what isn't a good shot and getting himself into those better positions more.

I understand the thought process and get it. I just would rather suffer through the growing pains of learning how to become that player in a year where we aren't winning than force him into a box that makes him play more like a secondary player. I don't think his development is hurting by him learning on the fly on how to better optimize getting to the rim versus settling for jumpers and how to get his shot off in different types of ways both off the dribble and catching and shooting from 3 while also taking open midrange shots at times if defenses sag.

I would rather let him try to develop in that way and then put constraints on him say 2 years from now if it's clear that he's not going to be able to be anything close to his ceiling.

I don't think it's hard to take a player and firmly put them in a box and say we aren't giving you the ball often and you're not allowed to shoot certain types of shots. I think a player at any age can be coached and schemed to do that.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#170 » by Jedzz » Tue Mar 9, 2021 12:13 am

TheZachAttack wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
TheZachAttack wrote:

I understand the thought process and get it. I just would rather suffer through the growing pains of learning how to become that player in a year where we aren't winning than force him into a box that makes him play more like a secondary player. I don't think his development is hurting by him learning on the fly on how to better opt..

He's not showing that he's learning much of anything, or at the pace you would like to see. I did notice some course correction when his minutes got slapped a bit in the middle of this first half season of games. I saw more trips to the basket for a short spell. I saw him passing a little more. Then that was all gone again after one good shooting game and the team unleashing him for mega minutes and starts again. This junk just doesn't work the way you hope for everyone the same. Some of these players need structured help. One crucial timing made three or a bigtime slam and everyone on his team cheering him on is all he needs to forget everything and go ham the way he knows to. This team simply has to stop feeding into these types of players and train them, develop them. Or stop drafting at all.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves