Re: **** MN Timberwolves 7-28 vs 16-18 Charlotte Hornets - 8pm FSN **** 

Post#121 » by jpatrick » Thu Mar 4, 2021 3:30 am

_AIJ_ wrote:Ball
Beasley
Wiggins
Whoever
Towns

Is so much better than our current team

Yup. Rosas blew the Culver pick. But some of his moves on the margins (McDaniels, Reid, Vando, Beasley) haven't been bad at all. If he just didn't make the Wiggins/DLo move and picked Ball, we're the darlings of the NBA media and a team everyone says will be a force in two years when Towns/Ball are considered full fledged superstars.

Ball is the guy everyone wants to play with. As you can see, even though he's a ball dominant point guard, he doesn't stop ball movement. He immediately makes a move or moves the ball. Ant is the guy at the gym you HATE to play with because there is no ball movement, just sticks to him.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#122 » by Jedzz » Thu Mar 4, 2021 3:31 am

LesGrossman wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Lucamilo23 wrote:Melo is 100x better than ant. Yikes I wish we could go back to that draft. I foresee this franchise banking on his “potential” for many years to come, similar to Wiggins. Maybe he will improve and reach it, but if history has anything to say about it, he will absolutely not.

I have been saying for weeks he reminds me of Wiggins. Difference is Wiggins was better.

I dont understand that comparison at all. Couldnt think of two more differnt guys than rookie Wiggins and rookie Ant. The result may look similar but the cure would be very different. Wiggins has developed into a solid player for the warriors.

winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,420

Post#123 » by winforlose » Thu Mar 4, 2021 3:31 am

LesGrossman wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Lucamilo23 wrote:Melo is 100x better than ant. Yikes I wish we could go back to that draft. I foresee this franchise banking on his “potential” for many years to come, similar to Wiggins. Maybe he will improve and reach it, but if history has anything to say about it, he will absolutely not.

I have been saying for weeks he reminds me of Wiggins. Difference is Wiggins was better.

I dont understand that comparison at all. Couldnt think of two more differnt guys than rookie Wiggins and rookie Ant. The result may look similar but the cure would be very different. Wiggins has developed into a solid player for the warriors.

Rookie Wiggins could attack very well but settled for dumb shots to often. Rookie Wiggins got tunnel vision and didn’t pass the ball. Rookie Wiggins was bad from deep as well (almost the same percentage if Siri is showing me the right numbers.) Rookie Wiggins made a lot of defensive lapses just like Ant. I could go on, but the comparison is solid.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#124 » by Jedzz » Thu Mar 4, 2021 3:33 am

winforlose wrote:

-1 for saying Wiggins was any better. They have nearly the same shooting weakness. Wiggins had even less game IQ while here.

It's more on the coaches not preparing these players to me. They might not have the head for this level, but they need to be prepared better with boundaries set up for them. Warriors at least have Wiggins playing with the others now and not looking lost or like he's playing the game alone.
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#125 » by LesGrossman » Thu Mar 4, 2021 3:33 am

winforlose wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:
winforlose wrote:

Rookie Wiggins could attack very well but settled for dumb shots to often. Rookie Wiggins got tunnel vision and didn’t pass the ball. Rookie Wiggins was bad from deep as well (almost the same percentage if Siri is showing me the right numbers.) Rookie Wiggins made a lot of defensive lapses just like Ant. I could go on, but the comparison is solid.

Yea as i wrote, the result looks similar but the reasons are very different and that will make fixing Ant a lot tougher than the already tough task of fixing Wiggins.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,966

Post#126 » by Nick K » Thu Mar 4, 2021 3:33 am

Beasley
Wiggins
Whoever
Towns

right! Because outside of Ball you'd have 4 veteran players out there. Makes all the difference in the world.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,420

Post#127 » by winforlose » Thu Mar 4, 2021 3:34 am

Jedzz wrote:
SCTwins wrote:I think this is the sequence that finally broke me.

Read on Twitter

:oops:
Everyone stands around. Layman passes right back into it. Edwards playing hot potato. Rubio...Cross court to Reid man! Forget that junk.

How do you make small ball worse, you don’t move without the ball and have non shooters in the corners.
MN7725
Veteran
And1: 1,076

Post#128 » by MN7725 » Thu Mar 4, 2021 3:35 am

Neeva wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Domejandro wrote:LaMelo was such a **** obvious pick to people who watched him in Australia. I think I am at my breaking point as a fan of this team, I unironically am a better talent evaluator, and I am an irrelevant nobody.

If rosas didn't do the wiggins trade, imo lamelo was the pick.

It’s all down to towns, Rosas is making dumb decisions to keep Towns happy.

Rosas: "sorry KAT, GSW says Russell is untradeable, want more for him than LAL gave for AD"

all that needed to be said
Dalvin
Rookie
And1: 875

Post#129 » by Dalvin » Thu Mar 4, 2021 3:35 am

To think that I thought our dark January stretch was the low point of the season. The Timberwolves keep on exceeding my expectations of their "unwatchableness". Being blown out by almost 40 points. SMH. Have some pride, man.
shrink wrote:Good point, and welcome to the boards.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,598

Post#130 » by jpatrick » Thu Mar 4, 2021 3:36 am

Nick K wrote:
Beasley
Wiggins
Whoever
Towns

right! Because outside of Ball you'd have 4 veteran players out there. Makes all the difference in the world.

Wait, so Rubio or DLo; Beasley; Ant; Whoever; Towns....which we've seen has more or less veterans than the above-listed lineup. And anyone thinks that DLo, Beasley, Ant, Whoever, and Towns, which we haven't seen much, would be appreciably better is simply delusional.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#131 » by Jedzz » Thu Mar 4, 2021 3:39 am

MN7725 wrote:
Neeva wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
If rosas didn't do the wiggins trade, imo lamelo was the pick.

Rosas: "sorry KAT, GSW says Russell is untradeable, want more for him than LAL gave for AD"

You guys just sit here raping Dlo a new one after all these blowouts without him. Enough already. He's obviously not the issue.

Edwards is a Point Guard if James Harden ever played the role. Edwards is playing point even when he's not. If having Dlo was the reason Rosas passed on Ball then he should have also passed on Edwards. Please accept that reality.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#132 » by Jedzz » Thu Mar 4, 2021 3:42 am

jpatrick wrote:
Nick K wrote:
Beasley
Wiggins
Whoever
Towns

Wait, so Rubio or DLo; Beasley; Ant; Whoever; Towns....which we've seen has more or less veterans than the above-listed lineup. And anyone thinks that DLo, Beasley, Ant, Whoever, and Towns, which we haven't seen much, would be appreciably better is simply delusional.

It must be getting late. Not sure what you just said.
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#133 » by LesGrossman » Thu Mar 4, 2021 3:42 am

Jedzz wrote:
MN7725 wrote:
Neeva wrote:

You guys just sit here raping Dlo a new one after all these blowouts without him. Enough already. He's obviously not the issue.

Edwards is a Point Guard if James Harden ever played the role. If having Dlo was the reason Rosas passed on Ball then he should have also passed on Edwards. Please accept that reality.

The good thing is that every shot DLo chucks cant be one chucked by Ant. I predict a fight of the bricklaying wolves in the near future.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
Dalvin
Rookie
And1: 875

Post#134 » by Dalvin » Thu Mar 4, 2021 3:45 am

I think Rosas outright pursued D'Lo because he thought he can be that guard you can build around a team with.
It just so happens he's close with Towns and that did a favor for Rosas because the guy he was gung ho to get was tight with his current star. I believe that even if Towns was not friends with D'Lo, he would've still pursued hard on D'Lo.

What somewhat irks me right now is that he made decisions for the team with D'Lo in mind. He could've went differently if he did not have D'Lo. But, c'est la vie! We're stuck with what this team can offer.
shrink wrote:Good point, and welcome to the boards.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#135 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Thu Mar 4, 2021 3:45 am

GopherIt! wrote:A Reddit user just posted that as of yesterday, the Wolves officially have the worst winning % in all of professional sports.

39.38% iirc.

I mean I know there was the run of 50 win seasons between like 98-04...but this team probably averages 17 wins a year between 05-21. I’m surprised it’s 39.38
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,966

Post#136 » by Nick K » Thu Mar 4, 2021 3:53 am

jpatrick wrote:
Nick K wrote:
Beasley
Wiggins
Whoever
Towns

You cant be serious.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,598

Post#137 » by jpatrick » Thu Mar 4, 2021 4:02 am

Nick K wrote:
jpatrick wrote:
Nick K wrote:

You cant be serious.

Not articulated well. But all he did was add Ball/Wiggins instead of Ant/DLo (current lineup). That seems about a wash as far as veteran play, right?

I might be missing sarcasm. It's late here on the East Coast and I'm about fed up with the Wolves as possible.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#138 » by Jedzz » Thu Mar 4, 2021 4:03 am

LesGrossman wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
MN7725 wrote:

Edwards is a Point Guard if James Harden ever played the role. If having Dlo was the reason Rosas passed on Ball then he should have also passed on Edwards. Please accept that reality.

The good thing is that every shot DLo chucks cant be one chucked by Ant. I predict a fight of the bricklaying wolves in the near future.

Oh I expect trades. But then again I also did before the season got rolling. The great tradesman best get busy.
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#139 » by PharmD » Thu Mar 4, 2021 4:20 am

_AIJ_ wrote:Do i laugh or cry???? Help me

Definitely cry
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,165

Post#140 » by _AIJ_ » Thu Mar 4, 2021 4:26 am