ImageImageImage

Post Game Thoughts; Suns

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post Game Thoughts; Suns 

Post#1 » by theGreatRC » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:01 am

I think I took the guy who made these threads for granted because I usually expect one every game now lol.

Thoughts on the game?

KAT was amazing. 41/10/8 and was clutch

Edwards/KAT 4th quarter was really fun to watch. Edwards shot it a ton, but in my opinion, only a couple of flat 3s looked out of place. I didn't mind him shooting, plus we won.

Josh did a great job hounding booker in the 4th.

Jauncho was cheeks, but came up clutch in the 4th.

btw, I LOVE Finch. That last play where Juancho got a wide open dunk was beautiful.

We play PHX again tomorrow, but KAT/Edwards has a crazy duo game.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,516

Re: Post Game Thoughts; Suns 

Post#2 » by Note30 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:13 am

Edwards is for real. We made the right choice.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,169

Post#3 » by Neeva » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:16 am

I love our new coach but is it bad I don’t want us to win too many games ? Cunningham, Suggs or Jalen Green will change everything!
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,516

Post#4 » by Note30 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:18 am

Neeva wrote:I love our new coach but is it bad I don’t want us to win too many games ? Cunningham, Suggs or Jalen Green will change everything!

This is exactly the attitude that has screwed us for years.

No. I want to win everygame.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,155

Post#5 » by winforlose » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:19 am

Imagine if we hired Finch in 2019 instead of hiring Ryan. Even without KAT we would compete. I mean my god we beat the Pels, Blazers, and Suns without Dlo, Beasley, Culver, or JMAC.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#6 » by Neeva » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:20 am

Note30 wrote:
Neeva wrote:I love our new coach but is it bad I don’t want us to win too many games ? Cunningham, Suggs or Jalen Green will change everything!

I will feel exactly that way after the lottery when we have that pick in the bag lol
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#7 » by theGreatRC » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:26 am

Neeva wrote:
Note30 wrote:

I will feel exactly that way after the lottery when we have that pick in the bag lol

This team is the result of a bad coach + an injured roster.

This team healthy can be a good team, so securing a top 3 pick is another asset that can turn us from playoff team to contender, so I agree with you
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 390

Post#8 » by Rookie-Mistake » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:42 am

Yes it is.

It's time to win. Sort it out mate.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using RealGM mobile app
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,935

Post#9 » by wolves_89 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:46 am

The Wolves didn't shoot well on 3s and the bench had one of it's worst games in while, yet exceptional play from Towns/Edwards was able to carry the team to a win. Finch seems like he's gotten improved play from almost everyone, so if he can maximize Russell as well this team could be really fun and fairly dangerous the rest of the way.
Neeva
Head Coach

Post#10 » by Neeva » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:54 am

wolves_89 wrote:The Wolves didn't shoot well on 3s and the bench had one of it's worst games in while, yet exceptional play from Towns/Edwards was able to carry the team to a win. Finch seems like he's gotten improved play from almost everyone, so if he maximize Russell as well this team could be really fun and fairly dangerous the rest of the way.

DLO and Culver. I know most of you have just about given up on Culver already but it would be nice if both dlo and Culver up their value.
K4P
Assistant Coach
And1: 17,103

Post#11 » by K4P » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:01 am

I can't remember the last time we've had a dominant wing player excluding the 59 games of Jimmy. Crazy difference it makes, especially on a night 80% of the team is giving you nothing on offense.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#12 » by packforfreedom » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:26 am

the KAT Edwards fit is gonna be so good. KAT's spacing enables all kind of drive opportunites for Ant and they are developing serious chemistry out there. Put shooters and defenders around them and we acutally might have a future. Also the coaching change is doing wonders (for our standards) for us. Loved how we fouled at the end of the game to prevent the 3 pointer. Not every coach does that.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,155

Post#13 » by winforlose » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:33 am

packforfreedom wrote:the KAT Edwards fit is gonna be so good. KAT's spacing enables all kind of drive opportunites for Ant and they are developing serious chemistry out there. Put shooters and defenders around them and we acutally might have a future. Also the coaching change is doing wonders (for our standards) for us. Loved how we fouled at the end of the game to prevent the 3 pointer. Not every coach does that.

Breaking news: coaching matters, story below.

I am Winforlose, it’s 2:30 in the morning on a brisk March night and I am here reporting what Glen Taylor never seemed to understand before tonight. Having a head coach who can keep his head out of his Fu****** A** for the last two minutes of a game is a really good thing. Almost as good as a coach who knows how to get his players to do what he tells them. Glen Taylor was unavailable for comment but I expect his response would be “But Ryan was such a lovely boy, and I loved his daddy so much. Of course I would give him a job he wasn’t qualified for and let him embarrass himself and my team in a way few public figures have ever managed to embarrass anyone.”

Join me next time when Glen Taylor discovers that trading picks for money is NEVER a good idea.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,678

Post#14 » by minimus » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:30 am

packforfreedom wrote:Also the coaching change is doing wonders (for our standards) for us. Loved how we fouled at the end of the game to prevent the 3 pointer. Not every coach does that.

Battletrigger
Junior
And1: 199

Post#15 » by Battletrigger » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:37 am

Where have hidden their heads the people that throwed crap at us for hiring Finch instead of the worse prepared Vanterpool?
Heimdal
Sophomore
And1: 147

Post#16 » by Heimdal » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:30 am

Best win of the season:

Against one of the hottest teams in the NBA.
Being down 9? in the 4th, against a team that always puts teams down big late in the 3rd, early in the 4th.
Towns and Edwards bringing on the synergy.
Winning in the clutch, against Chris Paul and Devin Booker, no less.
Chris Finch showing he's for real. I believe he can have the same kind of impact Monty Williams had with the Suns.

On another note, we need a starting PF.
Vanderbilt doesn't look like an NBA player right now. A turnover waiting to happen.
Juancho is a backup, but he was HUGE tonight: those two 3s, plus those enormous and 1s.
Sugarless
Starter
And1: 1,978

Post#17 » by Sugarless » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:53 am

KAT and Edwards were great (kudos to the kid for going hard to the basket on that second-to-last play of the game, instead of settling for the 3), but I think I'm more amazed by the fact that I saw an out-of-bounds end-of-the-game well designed play. Hadn't seen one of those by the Timberwolves in a long, long time.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#18 » by Dewey » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:00 am

winforlose wrote:
packforfreedom wrote:the KAT Edwards fit is gonna be so good. KAT's spacing enables all kind of drive opportunites for Ant and they are developing serious chemistry out there. Put shooters and defenders around them and we acutally might have a future. Also the coaching change is doing wonders (for our standards) for us. Loved how we fouled at the end of the game to prevent the 3 pointer. Not every coach does that.

Breaking news: coaching matters, story below.

I am Winforlose, it’s 2:30 in the morning on a brisk March night and I am here reporting what Glen Taylor never seemed to understand before tonight. Having a head coach who can keep his head out of his Fu****** A** for the last two minutes of a game is a really good thing. Almost as good as a coach who knows how to get his players to do what he tells them. Glen Taylor was unavailable for comment but I expect his response would be “But Ryan was such a lovely boy, and I loved his daddy so much. Of course I would give him a job he wasn’t qualified for and let him embarrass himself and my team in a way few public figures have ever managed to embarrass anyone.”

Join me next time when Glen Taylor discovers that trading picks for money is NEVER a good idea.

I like Finch as well ... he has done terrific. But stop the classless ripping of the past (Ryan) coach. It’s not like he didn’t care - he clearly has the passion given the opportunity. No need for the mockery... get over it and enjoy the ride.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#19 » by Dewey » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:13 am

I like the fact Finch (and staff) used players in their roles but has resisted overplaying them ... Juancho and Okogie specifically.

Might be time to slide McD into the starting F position next to KAT a few games and see where it goes.

The out of bounds play appeared to be a partially broken play, but Nonetheless, kudos to Juancho and Ricky for making it happen.

Ricky can handle this type of game at PG, but curious how DLo will handle deferring to Ant/KAT duo at times. Another shooter (DLo or Beasley) would have been interesting, but once those two are back, Finch will really have his hands full.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Dual
Veteran
And1: 1,494

Post#20 » by Dual » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:41 pm

It feels that Kat and Ant don't need more people to succeed on offense, they are set to be dominant. I already love Ant flashes at the beginning of the season but right now is truly amazing.
Let's see how it works with everyone healthy, hard job for the coach tbh.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves