Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Re: The Fire Rosas Thread 

Post#21 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:56 pm

Note30 wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Merc_Porto wrote:But but but covid / injuries... Our "best" players didnt play together...

One thing that is going to be funny and im actually looking for to see it now is Dlo-Edwards-Kat sharing the court at same time.
Is going to be pure entertainment. Shooting, usage and defense wise. lol

Look at the Warriors the past two years. Should they fire their GM?

The Warriors will regain a star player better than any player sans KAT (and that's debatable) that we currently have.

They will probably get another high draft pick from us, which they can then pair to get another star or good role players.

They are about to make the playoffs this year they aren't the worst team in the league numbnuts.

I'm tempted to add - their GM is a 3 time champion in the last 7-8 years.
And even if they dont make the playoffs this season they can get 2 top 12-picks in the next draft.

We on the other hand could end up being the worst team in the league and lose our own pick.

I couldn't resist.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,530

Post#22 » by Note30 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:57 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Note30 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:Did you want him to make a move just to try and save his job? Rosas has made a lot of moves that would justify his firing, but I don't think not making a move today was one of them.
Although I think you could probably justify firing him today just to prevent him from wasting another draft pick and give the next gm time some time to prepare for the offseason.

No but he could have made a move to trade Beasley or Rubio, both who don't fit even if we do stick with his core.

He didn't even do anything to make his previous choices better.

I wouldn't trade Rubio while we're still trying to develop Ant, at least if we buy into the narrative that Rubio is a positive influence on Ant.

Beasley, I could go either way on. I don't know what the long term plan is there. There's still time to shuffle the deck before next year, when we'll have a fresh opportunity to be competitive.

Unless you bench DLo or start him at SG, Rubio won't mentor Ant on the floor, if Ant is starting. And if he's not then that's a lower development rate.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#23 » by IceManBK1 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:58 pm

We could've had Collins for 1st and Beasley. Sometimes you just gotta give up more to get something equal in value for return. I had high hopes that we would have been able to get Gordon. If we had a more respected GM.. Probably we could have made a trade.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,963

Post#24 » by Klomp » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:01 pm

Note30 wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Note30 wrote:1. 40% isn't high. Pretty large chance we lose it and that's only if we have the worst record.

Wrong. The percentages are the same, whether we finish with the worst, second-worst or third-worst record.

Didn't know that, thank you Klomp.

But it still doesn't change the fact that those three positions are a win or two apart.

Don't look at the win totals when comparing teams at the top of the lottery during the season. Because of teams rarely playing the same total of games at any moment (unlike the NFL), the important number is the number of losses. Minnesota has a three-loss lead on both Houston (big series coming this week) and Detroit. But like I said, we can be third and have the same odds, so being in the third position doesn't affect anything beyond the specific lottery number combinations they'll get on the day of the lottery drawing. More importantly, a five-loss lead on Orlando, the team currently in the fourth position (seven-game lead on any other teams).
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,530

Post#25 » by Note30 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:01 pm

IceManBK1 wrote:We could've had Collins for 1st and Beasley. Sometimes you just gotta give up more to get something equal in value for return. I had high hopes that we would have been able to get Gordon. If we had a more respected GM.. Probably we could have made a trade.

I'm honestly not too broken up about Gordon or Collins.

I just wanted this dude to give a ****. And by standing pay and not even try to fix minor rotational issues proves he either doesn't or doesn't know how to.

We didn't have to make a big splashy move. We just should have done something. Culver, Okogies, any of our poor rotational fits.

Like do something man. How could you not identify one thing to fix?
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by Klomp » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:03 pm

Note30 wrote:Unless you bench DLo or start him at SG, Rubio won't mentor Ant on the floor, if Ant is starting. And if he's not then that's a lower development rate.

I'd say sharing the court together is only a small part of development.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by Klomp » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:05 pm

Note30 wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:We could've had Collins for 1st and Beasley. Sometimes you just gotta give up more to get something equal in value for return. I had high hopes that we would have been able to get Gordon. If we had a more respected GM.. Probably we could have made a trade.

I just wanted this dude to give a ****. And by standing pay and not even try to fix minor rotational issues proves he either doesn't or doesn't know how to.

We didn't have to make a big splashy move. We just should have done something. Culver, Okogies, any of our poor rotational fits.

It also could show that he does give a ****. Paying $50 for a pizza doesn't mean you care more about your hunger than someone who isn't willing to pay that price.

Battletrigger
Junior
And1: 200

Post#28 » by Battletrigger » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:07 pm

Count me in!
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,425

Post#29 » by winforlose » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:08 pm

Note30 wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Merc_Porto wrote:But but but covid / injuries... Our "best" players didnt play together...

One thing that is going to be funny and im actually looking for to see it now is Dlo-Edwards-Kat sharing the court at same time.
Is going to be pure entertainment. Shooting, usage and defense wise. lol

Look at the Warriors the past two years. Should they fire their GM?

The Warriors will regain a star player better than any player sans KAT (and that's debatable) that we currently have.

They will probably get another high draft pick from us, which they can then pair to get another star or good role players.

They are about to make the playoffs this year they aren't the worst team in the league numbnuts.

Yeah, I am sure Klay is gonna be as good as ever after two years away and return date around the start of the regular season (probably later.)

Even if they do get another draft pick from us they aren’t about to turn that draft pick into a world beater next year and Curry isn’t getting any younger.

They are in a dog fight for the playoffs and are one serious injury to Steph from being a lottery team.

Oh and they are spending more than double our salary in a year where they aren’t allowed fans. I am sure the ownership of GSW is tickled pink.

What your missing in my original post was the point. The person I was responding to said injuries and Covid are an excuse. Look at what happened to GSW last season when their best players were out. Look at what happened this season when their second best player missed the year. If you add the games our best 3 have been out we are way ahead of GSW. But I wouldn’t expect someone who resorts to name calling to actually think things through.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,388

Post#30 » by younggunsmn » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:08 pm

I'd say Rosas gets das boot within 48 hours of Taylor selling the team.
Or 48 hours of the Warriors getting our lottery pick.
Whichever comes first.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#31 » by Worm Guts » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:09 pm

Note30 wrote:

This season is lost though. We may be better off waiting until the offseason depending on how you feel about trying to keep our pick and what types of fixes you’re suggesting.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,264

Post#32 » by Baseline81 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:10 pm

According to Dane Moore, that was never an offer, at least from those he spoke with in the organization.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by Klomp » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:11 pm

Read on Twitter

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by Klomp » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:20 pm

Note30 wrote:We didn't have to make a big splashy move. We just should have done something. Culver, Okogies, any of our poor rotational fits.

Read on Twitter

Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#35 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:34 pm

younggunsmn wrote:I'd say Rosas gets das boot within 48 hours of Taylor selling the team.
Or 48 hours of the Warriors getting our lottery pick.
Whichever comes first.

Let's hope is the first option.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,199

Post#36 » by Neeva » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:42 pm

Well this upcoming draft is basically a 4 man draft. So wolves only lose if they end up 4th:/
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,264

Post#37 » by Baseline81 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:49 pm

Neeva wrote:Well this upcoming draft is basically a 4 man draft. So wolves only lose if they end up 4th:/

Are you including or excluding Kuminga?
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,199

Post#38 » by Neeva » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:51 pm

Ehh dont care for Kuminga.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,425

Post#39 » by winforlose » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:54 pm

You know we are ignoring an important question in this thread. Who hired Ryan, Rosas or Taylor. If Rosas, fire his a** for that alone. If Taylor, ask yourself how much of our current situation is his fault.
Merc_Porto
General Manager

Post#40 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:03 pm

winforlose wrote:You know we are ignoring an important question in this thread. Who hired Ryan, Rosas or Taylor. If Rosas, fire his a** for that alone. If Taylor, ask yourself how much of our current situation is his fault.

Maybe you should ask yourself first who put together this roster and gave such valuable pick to do it...

I know i know, why? You think this roster is amazing built. We aren't on the way to a 62-10 record because of the evil Ryan Saunders.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves