And1: 1,528

Re: The Fire Rosas Thread 

Post#281 » by Note30 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:48 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Note30 wrote:
King Malta wrote:Fire Gupta?

Wtf why?

He hasn't even been given a chance yet.

Yeah, but were on a roll. Fire KAT, ANT, Finch, Lore, A Rod, Taylor. the ball boy and the equipment manager.

On a roll? One person got fired. Hardly a roll, two or more then we have a roll
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,818

Post#282 » by KGdaBom » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:45 am

Note30 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Note30 wrote:
Wtf why?

He hasn't even been given a chance yet.

Yeah, but were on a roll. Fire KAT, ANT, Finch, Lore, A Rod, Taylor. the ball boy and the equipment manager.

Two got fired. Bri Bauer who Rosas was having the affair with was fired also.
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,764

The Fire Rosas Thread 

Post#283 » by Slim Tubby » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:58 am

SO_MONEY wrote:It almost sounds like Gupta made a power play

Now that’s the guy we want negotiating with other GMs!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#284 » by Note30 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:43 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Note30 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Yeah, but were on a roll. Fire KAT, ANT, Finch, Lore, A Rod, Taylor. the ball boy and the equipment manager.

I meant someone relevant
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

maradro
Senior
And1: 359

Post#285 » by maradro » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:01 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2948670-sources-timberwolves-dismissed-top-exec-because-of-affair-with-team-staffer

"Rosas and the woman were seen kissing in a suite during a Minnesota United FC game last Saturday at Allianz Field​​, sources said. The soccer club was told to reserve luxury seating for several Timberwolves players and personnel, including assistant coach Pablo Prigioni. Two seats were filled by Rosas and the staffer."

hi, argentina fan here! i read a story in an argentine paper the other day about bolmaro signing, it had a short interview and he mentioned going to a game with prigioni, maybe he was there at the time :lol:

the soccer team has an argentine player (maybe more?) and they mentioned meeting up... wanchope abila is the player, hopefully they dont meet too often because wanchope has a rep for partying/carrying a belly.. but it seems bolmaro is not that type, fingers crossed! i hope rosas' firing doesnt affect bolmaro's opportunity with the team, it seems that logic is not as common in the US.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#286 » by KGdaBom » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:19 am

Note30 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Note30 wrote:

I meant someone relevant

I think she was pretty relevant.
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#287 » by Note30 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:29 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Note30 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Two got fired. Bri Bauer who Rosas was having the affair with was fired also.

I meant someone relevant

How?

KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#288 » by KGdaBom » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:38 am

Note30 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Note30 wrote:
I meant someone relevant

How?

How?????
She played a big part in Rosas getting fired. I would say that's very relevant.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,959

Post#289 » by Domejandro » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:57 am

maradro wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2948670-sources-timberwolves-dismissed-top-exec-because-of-affair-with-team-staffer

"Rosas and the woman were seen kissing in a suite during a Minnesota United FC game last Saturday at Allianz Field​​, sources said. The soccer club was told to reserve luxury seating for several Timberwolves players and personnel, including assistant coach Pablo Prigioni. Two seats were filled by Rosas and the staffer."

hi, argentina fan here! i read a story in an argentine paper the other day about bolmaro signing, it had a short interview and he mentioned going to a game with prigioni, maybe he was there at the time :lol:

the soccer team has an argentine player (maybe more?) and they mentioned meeting up... wanchope abila is the player, hopefully they dont meet too often because wanchope has a rep for partying/carrying a belly.. but it seems bolmaro is not that type, fingers crossed! i hope rosas' firing doesnt affect bolmaro's opportunity with the team, it seems that logic is not as common in the US.

Leandro Bolmaro is 100% locked into his contract for two seasons (very likely four seasons, with the team options), so Gersson Rosas will have functionally zero impact on Bolmaro getting an opportunity. Only chance that he doesn’t play for Minnesota is if he is part of the broader Ben Simmons package (which I do not expect).
Biff Cooper
Sixth Man
And1: 240

Post#290 » by Biff Cooper » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:36 pm

maradro wrote:

MN United's best player is Argentine Emanuel Reynoso. Also Franco Fragapane on team. Wanchope moved over to D.C. team after MN waived him last month. Sounds like a bunch of Timberwolves people were at the game, so would make sense that Prigioni and Bolmaro were there too.
Biff Cooper
Sixth Man

Post#291 » by Biff Cooper » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:03 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Note30 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:I think she was pretty relevant.

How?

How?????

:banghead: come on KGdaBom - stop being difficult in every interaction. Do you even know for certain she was fired vs quit vs just re-assigned within the organization? Glen Taylor has re-assigned people many times in the past. Most on us on this board don't care if someone who has 0% impact on Timberwolves on-court performance no longer works for the organization.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,596

Post#292 » by shrink » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:19 pm

What’s your final grade on Rosas? I’m giving him a D. (where C is average, mediocre, for you grade-inflated youth!)

Trades? D+. I don’t think he ever really had any significant wins in his tenure. DLo was an overpay - we were lucky to only lose Kuminga (who would be great here). He couldn’t complete a draft day trade with CLE (though the Cavs may have been asking for too much). Most of the rest were exchanging deck chairs.

Draft-Talent Evaluation? B+. Culver was a miss, but an understandable pick (long swingman) if he was forced to trade him later when he couldn’t move up to Garland. The rest were positive picks, bringing back more value than the pick. Naz and Jaden McDaniels were home runs for where they went. McLaughlin was a good pull too.

Contracts? D+ Hits and misses. Naz and Nowell were good. He was all over paying DLo the max, and Juancho was a bust. I think he should have went harder at Beasley, but the contract turned out ok. He was also unable to offer a free agent PF enough to come here last year, despite inquiring on many players.

Lead a happy and effective front office? D. Lots of rumors of unhappiness by employees coming out. Cleared out some popular employees with lowball offers. Blocked the promotion of subordinates. Public affair. And locking Gupta out for two weeks after they had a fight.

Strategy? D-. He implemented a style of play he liked that did not match his personnel, trying to get others to “adjust to us.” Team construction was badly unbalanced. Record is poor.
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#293 » by Note30 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:25 pm

shrink wrote:What’s your final grade on Rosas? I’m giving him a D. (where C is average, mediocre, for you grade-inflated youth!)

Trades? D+. I don’t think he ever really had any significant wins in his tenure. DLo was an overpay - we were lucky to only lose Kuminga (who would be great here). He couldn’t complete a draft day trade with CLE (though the Cavs may have been asking for too much). Most of the rest were exchanging deck chairs.

Draft-Talent Evaluation? B+. Culver was a miss, but an understandable pick (long swingman) if he was forced to trade him later when he couldn’t move up to Garland. The rest were positive picks, bringing back more value than the pick. Naz and Jaden McDaniels were home runs for where they went. McLaughlin was a good pull too.

Contracts? D+ Hits and misses. Naz and Nowell were good. He was all over paying DLo the max, and Juancho was a bust. I think he should have went harder at Beasley, but the contract turned out ok.

Lead a happy and effective front office? D. Lots of rumors of unhappiness by employees coming out. Cleared out some popular employees with lowball offers. Blocked the promotion of subordinates. Public affair. And locking Gupta out for two weeks after they had a fight.

Strategy? D-. He implemented a style of play he liked that did not match his personnel, trying to get others to “adjust to us.”

Trades and Contracts I would give him a C+ / B-

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,903

Post#294 » by Klomp » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:32 pm

shrink wrote:Contracts? D+ Hits and misses. Naz and Nowell were good. He was all over paying DLo the max, and Juancho was a bust. I think he should have went harder at Beasley, but the contract turned out ok.

He did not sign Russell to a max contract, he traded a maxed Wiggins for him.

I also think largely sticking to two year deals plus using team options over player options was a positive in his favor.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#295 » by Note30 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:34 pm

Klomp wrote:
shrink wrote:Contracts? D+ Hits and misses. Naz and Nowell were good. He was all over paying DLo the max, and Juancho was a bust. I think he should have went harder at Beasley, but the contract turned out ok.

I also think largely sticking to two year deals plus using team options over player options was a positive in his favor.

He wanted to though.

That summer we were pursuing him pretty hard.

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,596

Post#296 » by shrink » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:42 pm

Klomp wrote:

I said he was all over signing Russell to a max, but we didn’t have the cap space. That’s why DLo took the GSW max offer on our famous helicopter ride. The price he paid in trade for that contract pretty much confirms it - our 1st and our 2nd.

The other problem with him and contracts is his inability to sign the free agents he wanted, either by not offering enough, and/or them choosing to go elsewhere. That’s why we didn’t have a PF last year - Rosas approached all the guys we talked about and couldn’t get a deal done. I’ll add that to my initial post.
Biff Cooper
Sixth Man

Post#297 » by Biff Cooper » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:54 pm

Definitely an incomplete grade until we see what Ant, McDaniels, Bolmaro, etc become and how Finch handles the coaching job. As of now:

Trades - D+
Draft - Talent Evaluation A-
Contracts - C
Lead a happy and effective front office - Don't think it should be graded
Strategy - D+
Coach Hiring - A-
Total: B
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#298 » by KGdaBom » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:57 pm

Biff Cooper wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Note30 wrote:
How?

How?????

:banghead: come on KGdaBom - stop being difficult in every interaction. Do you even know for certain she was fired vs quit vs just re-assigned within the organization? Glen Taylor has re-assigned people many times in the past. Most on us on this board don't care if someone who has 0% impact on Timberwolves on-court performance no longer works for the organization.

Reports I read said she was fired. I'm not being difficult in any way with this. I'm just having fun with it.
If you paid attention to Note and I this whole thing was a joke.
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,382

Post#299 » by younggunsmn » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:18 pm

shrink wrote:What’s your final grade on Rosas? I’m giving him a D. (where C is average, mediocre, for you grade-inflated youth!)

Contracts? D+ Hits and misses. Naz and Nowell were good. He was all over paying DLo the max, and Juancho was a bust. I think he should have went harder at Beasley, but the contract turned out ok. He was also unable to offer a free agent PF enough to come here last year, despite inquiring on many players.

Strategy? D-. He implemented a style of play he liked that did not match his personnel, trying to get others to “adjust to us.” Team construction was badly unbalanced.

Pretty much this, although I would go lower on the draft talent evaluation. He completely blew a 6th pick, didnt screw up #1, and found 2 guys in the 20 range who show good potential. He also traded away 4 2nd round picks, 2 of which are still outstanding and 2 which ended up being 34 and 37 (russell trade, rubio trade, bolmaro move up, ed davis). So I will go with B- which is a half grade above average.

I would also add Cap Management, and give him an F
Hard up against the lux his entire time here, went 3 straight years without being able to use the MLE, which is essentially an asset flushed down the toilet.
Left the team so hard up against the luxury tax we can't even sign a free agent to replace an injury, and our 4th PF/C is on a two way.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves