ImageImageImage

The Fire Rosas Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Calinks, Worm Guts

IceManBK1
Starter
Posts: 2,318
And1: 204
Joined: Jul 14, 2017
   

Re: The Fire Rosas Thread 

Post#61 » by IceManBK1 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:37 pm

Pshh he says we have to give up young talent to make moves at the deadline. So we don't have to give up young talent if we make a trade in the summer :crazy:
Jedzz
RealGM
Posts: 12,322
And1: 2,503
Joined: Oct 05, 2018

Re: The Fire Rosas Thread 

Post#62 » by Jedzz » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:39 pm

Merc_Porto wrote:
And no i didn't hate the Dlo trade because things went wrong. No, not me. This was predictable. Dude sucks and stats (facts) show exactly that.


I think you got your facts and stats confused. Probably never looked any up.
jpatrick
Analyst
Posts: 3,201
And1: 950
Joined: May 30, 2007
 

Re: The Fire Rosas Thread 

Post#63 » by jpatrick » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:40 pm

Baseline81 wrote:
UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Based on Rosas' statements in these tweets, I do wonder if he would consider Mobley should the team hold onto its draft pick.


I think it depends more on how they see Mobley than how they see McDaniels. A lot of people think of Mobley as more 5 than 4 in the current NBA and Rosas has seemed to want more of the mobile/shooter than the 7 footer with a 7’5” wingspan.

Personally, I wouldn’t mind Mobley. I think he’s going to be really good. But I also like Green, Suggs, and Cunningham.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 56,926
And1: 12,704
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: The Fire Rosas Thread 

Post#64 » by Klomp » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:44 pm

"There's exciting deals. But the COA always brings you back to reality. We're not in an urgent rush tomorrow, we want to do something great in the future." Brought up both McDaniels and Edwards, which leads me to believe both were guys other teams were asking for (ie Atlanta).
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
User avatar
m2002brian
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,688
And1: 544
Joined: May 29, 2009
     

Re: The Fire Rosas Thread 

Post#65 » by m2002brian » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:48 pm

Jedzz wrote:
Merc_Porto wrote:
And no i didn't hate the Dlo trade because things went wrong. No, not me. This was predictable. Dude sucks and stats (facts) show exactly that.


I think you got your facts and stats confused. Probably never looked any up.



DLo is straight trash. The only time a team of his has been over .500 (by 2 games in the weak east at that) was when he had a coach who would bench him and play him off ball.

He is a negative player with a negative contract with a negative playing style and negative athleticism and negative quickness.

A go nowhere stat padder who cares more about DLo than he does about the team. Prima Donna

Worse part is, I’m not hating. This is just fact.

I don’t pay the bills, the wolves winning or losing won’t determine my happiness. Business wise, DLo must go.
BUT, because of these facts, and because Rosas is supposed to be better at basketball management than some random forum guy, Rosas must go for this absolute failure of a move.
BLUEGREENRED
Merc_Porto
General Manager
Posts: 9,736
And1: 3,375
Joined: Nov 21, 2013
   

Re: The Fire Rosas Thread 

Post#66 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:52 pm

TheZachAttack wrote:
How did the Warriors do when both of their best players were injured? Or when their 2nd best player was injured? I'm not saying the Wolves are in a Warriors type situation. However, when the teams top 3 players have played a total of 4 games together... there is no other response but it's stupid to think that it's not impactful.

If the Wolves were something like a 18-26 win/loss team right now, how would you think differently about where we were at? If we were going to lose a ~10th-15th pick what would your thoughts be? This team still has a long ways to go, but it's much more likely that the team is much better than the current record if not for some of the worst injury luck in the league over this last 12 months.

If the Wolves are mid-way through next season with another free agency and draft to potentially add talent and a healthy top of rotation and they are still worst in the league... well I'm all on board the fire Rosas trade.

I think frustration with the team and the current status and the lost year of development to some degree fully makes sense. Firing Rosas now makes zero sense. We literally have no idea where we are at with a healthy roster. Any suggestion otherwise is a flat out lie.


I think the problem with all of this is to think Dlo is our second best player, that's the part where all starts in the wrong way.
Dlo is not our second best player. He has hype and a salary to back up that but thats it.
His play is not enough to be even consider as our 3rd best player. And his track record shows exactly that.
And trading Andrew + a low protected to get DLO was a irresponsible and brutal move to this franchise. You dont give this kind of package for guys like Dlo. Like you said, we really cant compare with GSW because their best players are true superstars/stars talents. We dont have any of that.

If the Wolves were with a 18-26 record you say is impossible to me to think about that scenario because that would never happend with this roster even if they were all healthy. My opinion of course.

Right now we have an all-star in KAT, we have a raw rookie in Edwards, a great shooter in Beasley, and DLO. If the last 3 i mention are part of our best 4 players then you we a huge problem moving forward. And of course, we have huge problem especially this season because of the circumstances of our low protected pick.

Now the part where all of this is going to be intresting to see is how Dlo, Ant and KAT are going to share the floor knowing the way they play. The usage time, the shooting splits, defense (add Beasley to this last two categories)...
wolves_89
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,184
And1: 2,373
Joined: Jul 10, 2012
 

Re: The Fire Rosas Thread 

Post#67 » by wolves_89 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:59 pm

I think Rosas has until the trade deadline next season to get the team on track. If the team doesn't show some major steps forward during the first half of next year, I don't see how Rosas survives.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
Posts: 9,736
And1: 3,375
Joined: Nov 21, 2013
   

Re: The Fire Rosas Thread 

Post#68 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:04 pm

Jedzz wrote:I think you got your facts and stats confused. Probably never looked any up.


Wow Jedzz, you are a straight up liar. Seriously. That is not even funny. So many discussions about this.
(I showed you way too many times the numbers and you ignored everytime because you didnt liked those numbers/facts)

After this one i'm really done with you.
Jedzz
RealGM
Posts: 12,322
And1: 2,503
Joined: Oct 05, 2018

Re: The Fire Rosas Thread 

Post#69 » by Jedzz » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:20 pm

m2002brian wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Merc_Porto wrote:
And no i didn't hate the Dlo trade because things went wrong. No, not me. This was predictable. Dude sucks and stats (facts) show exactly that.


I think you got your facts and stats confused. Probably never looked any up.



DLo is straight trash. The only time a team of his has been over .500 (by 2 games in the weak east at that) was when he had a coach who would bench him and play him off ball.

He is a negative player with a negative contract with a negative playing style and negative athleticism and negative quickness.

A go nowhere stat padder who cares more about DLo than he does about the team. Prima Donna

Worse part is, I’m not hating. This is just fact.
.


He's been on junk teams, just like the excuse we've given every one of our good players over the years sitting on sub500 teams. Your facts aren't facts. His shooting numbers and game IQ are better then 90% of the Timberwolves roster over the last ten years. I'm just guessing that off the top of my head so go ahead and claim different with all the names of 38-40% shooters while here you can find that knew their left from their right.

You think he's slow when he's actually just smooth and has multiple gears he moves with. He has a unique style of play and when you have chosen to add him to your team that has to be taken into account. Much like Kat is unique and you have to take that into account. It doesn't make them horrible players because they aren't your cup of tea. They have good and unique skillsets, build your team around it or admit you just don't know how.
Jedzz
RealGM
Posts: 12,322
And1: 2,503
Joined: Oct 05, 2018

Re: The Fire Rosas Thread 

Post#70 » by Jedzz » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:30 pm

wolves_89 wrote:I think Rosas has until the trade deadline next season to get the team on track. If the team doesn't show some major steps forward during the first half of next year, I don't see how Rosas survives.
Same, but I don't really see any proof he's going to do anything right between now and then.

JMac played outstanding last season. Buried/forgotten/wasted on purpose

Nowell showed some high level play this season. He'll obviously be the next lowman on the pole losing time when more are healthy.

We'll watch the crap rise again, Rosas might make a few goofy moves again. I don't see the silver linings in any of their decisions from the bottom of the roster to the top.

So many seem to think another top3 pick will change it all. He likely stacks another guard/wing on the pile. All it will do is assure that yet again players that have been developing will be forgotten, the new top pick will have to start at some point next year, the same fans will clammer for it - push actual starters down or out, the rook will break as much as he adds, ad infinitum.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 24,019
And1: 8,189
Joined: Dec 27, 2003
     

Re: The Fire Rosas Thread 

Post#71 » by Worm Guts » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:30 pm

Nobody plays more like he just doesn’t care than Russell.
Jedzz
RealGM
Posts: 12,322
And1: 2,503
Joined: Oct 05, 2018

Re: The Fire Rosas Thread 

Post#72 » by Jedzz » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:39 pm

Worm Guts wrote:Nobody plays more like he just doesn’t care than Russell.


If the team was tring to win do you think he would show you he cares or not?

When your coach comes out and says they knew the season was developmental before it started, then he sees coaches telling pups to take his role and run with it as they see fit...what do you expect?

I remember a team in the spring after the deadline moves playing fun ball and that included Dlo and mostly no KAT. I remember seeing a final defensive play that had 4 Wolves players all trying to get the final block/stop and they did, and upon closer inspection of the photos available you can see Dlo in the best position with hand over the ball stopping it.

Yeah, I think the real saying is that "Nobody cares less about season outcomes than Rosas."

Rosas and crew destroyed that team from last spring that would have been more fun to watch this year.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 24,019
And1: 8,189
Joined: Dec 27, 2003
     

Re: The Fire Rosas Thread 

Post#73 » by Worm Guts » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:44 pm

Jedzz wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:Nobody plays more like he just doesn’t care than Russell.


If the team was tring to win do you think he would show you he cares or not?

When your coach comes out and says they knew the season was developmental before it started, then he sees coaches telling pups to take his role and run with it as they see fit...what do you expect?

I remember a team in the spring after the deadline moves playing fun ball and that included Dlo and mostly no KAT. I remember seeing a final defensive play that had 4 Wolves players all trying to get the final block/stop and they did, and upon closer inspection of the photos available you can see Dlo in the best position with hand over the ball stopping it.

Yeah, I think the real saying is that "Nobody cares less about season outcomes than Rosas."

Rosas and crew destroyed that team from last spring that would have been more fun to watch this year.


I didn’t watch him last spring, but I did watch him in the fall. So many bad and lazy shots, and he doesn’t have Ant’s excuse of not knowing any better.
Jedzz
RealGM
Posts: 12,322
And1: 2,503
Joined: Oct 05, 2018

Re: The Fire Rosas Thread 

Post#74 » by Jedzz » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:55 pm

IceManBK1 wrote:Pshh he says we have to give up young talent to make moves at the deadline. So we don't have to give up young talent if we make a trade in the summer :crazy:
It's all just words. Talk is cheap. Dude failed. He failed to build a team. He's been trying to play a little game of collect and carry assets for periods of time and trading up pennys for nickels for quarters when timing suits him better and it's just backfied in the past two big opportunities. He's also failed in my opinion to capture the best player or value with his top two picks now. Even if the team gets a top3 now, who believes it's going to be the right choice? Who believes they will be inserted correcting into the rookie season next year? Who believes the team is going to magically align next season?
jpatrick
Analyst
Posts: 3,201
And1: 950
Joined: May 30, 2007
 

Re: The Fire Rosas Thread 

Post#75 » by jpatrick » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:00 am

Jedzz wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:Pshh he says we have to give up young talent to make moves at the deadline. So we don't have to give up young talent if we make a trade in the summer :crazy:
It's all just words. Talk is cheap. Dude failed. He failed to build a team. He's been trying to play a little game of collect and carry assets for periods of time and trading up pennys for nickels for quarters when timing suits him better and it's just backfied in the past two big opportunities. He should have continued building the team and made the hard choices to do so even if that meant sucking up his own pride. He pulled off something special last years trade deadline and with the cheaper players pickups and should have recognized what he could have done with that. Even a 35-40 win team this season would have had everyone cheering for him except for the most hateful, spiteful losers and I think it was there for the taking predraft. It would have been a good step forward, player values would be up instead of down and the league would have noticed the jump.


I agree. He’s somewhat like Morey and wants to collect assets until he can cash them in for a star. What’s crazy is that outside of Towns, the highest value asset this team would have is its #1 pick this year, which (more likely than not) traded for DLo. Even if the pick were #5 it’d be more valuable on the trade market than Ant I believe.
Jedzz
RealGM
Posts: 12,322
And1: 2,503
Joined: Oct 05, 2018

Re: The Fire Rosas Thread 

Post#76 » by Jedzz » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:07 am

Worm Guts wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:Nobody plays more like he just doesn’t care than Russell.


If the team was tring to win do you think he would show you he cares or not?

When your coach comes out and says they knew the season was developmental before it started, then he sees coaches telling pups to take his role and run with it as they see fit...what do you expect?

I remember a team in the spring after the deadline moves playing fun ball and that included Dlo and mostly no KAT. I remember seeing a final defensive play that had 4 Wolves players all trying to get the final block/stop and they did, and upon closer inspection of the photos available you can see Dlo in the best position with hand over the ball stopping it.

Yeah, I think the real saying is that "Nobody cares less about season outcomes than Rosas."

Rosas and crew destroyed that team from last spring that would have been more fun to watch this year.


I didn’t watch him last spring, but I did watch him in the fall. So many bad and lazy shots, and he doesn’t have Ant’s excuse of not knowing any better.


Uh, first it was winter, the season started in December. And uh, shots? Individual shots now? There isn't a starter in the league averging even 60% great outcomes shooting in a season. They all have piss poor shots a good 50% of the time.

Did Dlo have a couple bad games this season where he shot poorly? Sure. Was it many? No not really. In fact his numbers average quite good., better than his career numbers I believe. So go figure, you saw some "lazy" shots. Hell I saw 50 lazy stupid moronic shots from Edwards in the past couple weeks but we have to watch him starting and Dlo had to watch him being given his role earlier in the season. I Imagine there were a few days Dlo didn't want to put the jersey on this season. I really wouldn't blame him for a second with what these coaches did this season.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 24,019
And1: 8,189
Joined: Dec 27, 2003
     

Re: The Fire Rosas Thread 

Post#77 » by Worm Guts » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:16 am

Jedzz wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
If the team was tring to win do you think he would show you he cares or not?

When your coach comes out and says they knew the season was developmental before it started, then he sees coaches telling pups to take his role and run with it as they see fit...what do you expect?

I remember a team in the spring after the deadline moves playing fun ball and that included Dlo and mostly no KAT. I remember seeing a final defensive play that had 4 Wolves players all trying to get the final block/stop and they did, and upon closer inspection of the photos available you can see Dlo in the best position with hand over the ball stopping it.

Yeah, I think the real saying is that "Nobody cares less about season outcomes than Rosas."

Rosas and crew destroyed that team from last spring that would have been more fun to watch this year.


I didn’t watch him last spring, but I did watch him in the fall. So many bad and lazy shots, and he doesn’t have Ant’s excuse of not knowing any better.


Uh, first it was winter, the season started in December. And uh, shots? Individual shots now? There isn't a starter in the league averging even 60% great outcomes shooting in a season. They all have piss poor shots a good 50% of the time.

Did Dlo have a couple bad games this season where he shot poorly? Sure. Was it many? No not really. In fact his numbers average quite good., better than his career numbers I believe. So go figure, you saw some "lazy" shots. Hell I saw 50 lazy stupid moronic shots from Edwards in the past couple weeks but we have to watch him starting and Dlo had to watch him being given his role earlier in the season. I Imagine there were a few days Dlo didn't want to put the jersey on this season. I really wouldn't blame him for a second with what these coaches did this season.


Ant plays like he’s immature and doesn’t know any better. DLo plays like he doesn’t care and that’s just hard to forgive.
Jedzz
RealGM
Posts: 12,322
And1: 2,503
Joined: Oct 05, 2018

Re: The Fire Rosas Thread 

Post#78 » by Jedzz » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:20 am

jpatrick wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:Pshh he says we have to give up young talent to make moves at the deadline. So we don't have to give up young talent if we make a trade in the summer :crazy:
It's all just words. Talk is cheap. Dude failed. He failed to build a team. He's been trying to play a little game of collect and carry assets for periods of time and trading up pennys for nickels for quarters when timing suits him better and it's just backfied in the past two big opportunities. He should have continued building the team and made the hard choices to do so even if that meant sucking up his own pride. He pulled off something special last years trade deadline and with the cheaper players pickups and should have recognized what he could have done with that. Even a 35-40 win team this season would have had everyone cheering for him except for the most hateful, spiteful losers and I think it was there for the taking predraft. It would have been a good step forward, player values would be up instead of down and the league would have noticed the jump.


I agree. He’s somewhat like Morey and wants to collect assets until he can cash them in for a star. What’s crazy is that outside of Towns, the highest value asset this team would have is its #1 pick this year, which (more likely than not) traded for DLo. Even if the pick were #5 it’d be more valuable on the trade market than Ant I believe.


Exactly. Even being a #1 pick of the 2020 draft, if for whatever the reason he was only getting offers for it as if it was a #5, so be it. That's the asset he had to work with to make something happen, something besides once again forcing another rookie into starting roles and developing seasons for not again.

Pelicans sold the 2019 #4 pick that was one of the Picks Rosas wanted to trade up for that year. Atlanta gave Pelicans four draft picks: Nos. 8, 17 and 35 in that draft and a protected first-round pick (from Cleveland) in 2020. Rosas could have even done something like that with the number 1 pick. At ranges like that there were plenty of good players available and ooh look, he could have a future 2021 pick right now and the fans crying about missing one for this year would at least have one to sink hope into and the team might not feel compelled to tank for. Those non top5 picks wouldn't need to be automatically started in rookie seasons (even though that's in itself is ridiculous) and the players might have fit the roster need better. Haliburton, S. Bey, you name em they would have been there if they slid down. Heck he could have given up the #1 for Gordon on he spot and some would cry the world ended, but it probably would have been a wiser team building move.
User avatar
PharmD
Head Coach
Posts: 6,768
And1: 5,331
Joined: Aug 21, 2015
 

Re: The Fire Rosas Thread 

Post#79 » by PharmD » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:25 am

DLo sucking is a hard truth. Because DLo sucks there's just no hope. He has Wiggins' contract and is worse and there's the draft pick of course. Watching him on my wolves i now understand how he's been on 4 different franchises in 6 seasons and has a career winning percentage of under 32%.

Yes Ant sucks and kills us in most games but he's a raw, toolsy rookie and not a veteran making a max contract. Ant's suckiness is actually pretty fun usually and his successes are sometimes spectacular. DLo's sucking is pretty fun too imo. I enjoy his drilling jumpers right in guys' grills. Can't bother his shot, nothing you can do. And the occasional amazing pass. If it was up to me, DLo would start (his ego demands it), then we'd call timeout immediately, sit him on the bench for 45 minutes so he doesn't kill us, then bring him in the last 3 minutes so he can hit big shots. His "long 2 right in your grill" offense is very resilient as there's nothing the defense can do to force a worse shot and so when the defense is giving max effort down the stretch it holds up nicely.
Jedzz
RealGM
Posts: 12,322
And1: 2,503
Joined: Oct 05, 2018

Re: The Fire Rosas Thread 

Post#80 » by Jedzz » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:30 am

Worm Guts wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
I didn’t watch him last spring, but I did watch him in the fall. So many bad and lazy shots, and he doesn’t have Ant’s excuse of not knowing any better.


Uh, first it was winter, the season started in December. And uh, shots? Individual shots now? There isn't a starter in the league averging even 60% great outcomes shooting in a season. They all have piss poor shots a good 50% of the time.

Did Dlo have a couple bad games this season where he shot poorly? Sure. Was it many? No not really. In fact his numbers average quite good., better than his career numbers I believe. So go figure, you saw some "lazy" shots. Hell I saw 50 lazy stupid moronic shots from Edwards in the past couple weeks but we have to watch him starting and Dlo had to watch him being given his role earlier in the season. I Imagine there were a few days Dlo didn't want to put the jersey on this season. I really wouldn't blame him for a second with what these coaches did this season.


Ant plays like he’s immature and doesn’t know any better. DLo plays like he doesn’t care and that’s just hard to forgive.


Again, his very role was being impinged upon by these coach's choices. He was occasionally asked to allow undeveloped idiots to run his offense, than occasionally asked to lead these undeveloped kids who were never told where they should be. How do you lead a crew like that? They were never told, because they were instead told they should be trying to initiate and playmake. All the guards were obviously being told that. And yet you completely ignore these facts of this environment and piss on Dlo for occasionally giving up on it and just trying to shoot his own way when he lucked into getting his hands on the ball?

This would be like telling Lebron he's gonig to come off the bench tonight because they have a comboguard they want to develop at point with some minutes. And when Lebron does play, he should let it go when the young kid approaches him at the arc and asks for the ball. Edwards literally did that to his teammate in college and I watched him do it this season in the first month on the Timberwolves. That's what Dlo was playing with and you can't forgive that his interest in continuing that mess wasn't there every single game which is every other night?

You might want to look around the league. Because there are starters taking games completely off left and right for load management or whatever little excuse they feel like. Are you condemning them all? Dlo could have say to hell with it week two and went and got the knee repaired. Instead he stayed and averaged 39-40% as a 3pt shooter, had some really good games mixed in and led when he could, and just shot when they wouldn't be led.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves