ImageImageImage

Which players have more trade value this summer?

Moderators: Domejandro, Calinks, Worm Guts

shrink
RealGM
And1: 6,485

Re: Which players have more trade value this summer? 

Post#41 » by shrink » Sun Apr 4, 2021 12:28 pm

Note30 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Are you saying he can't assist? You also might want to peak at the rest of those numbers.

52 pts on 51% FG, 53% 3FG on 37 shots with 13 assists, 9 rebounds (WAR) (No Towns)
44 pts on 50% FG, 60% 3FG on 34 shots with 14 assists, 10 rebounds (BRK) Triple dble (No Towns)
40 pts on 54% FG, 54% 3FG on 26 shots with 11 assists, 8 rebounds (LAK) (No Towns)
39 pts on 61% FG, 67% 3FG on 23 shots with 8 assists, 10 rebounds (LAK) (No Towns)
33 pts on 50% FG, 54% 3FG on 24 shots with 11 assists, 13 rebounds (BRK) Triple dble (No Towns)
33 pts on 50% FG, 46% 3FG on 22 shots with 11 assists, 5 rebounds (MIN) (No Towns)
29 pts on 48% FG, 50% 3FG on 23 shots with 13 assists, 9 rebounds (MIN) (No Towns)

Every one of these games are losses for his team. His fault? I suppose his defense caused the losses. Right?

I see no comeback came on this one. This is why Dlo will still have value long after the hapless Timberwolves make no use of him as it appears they won't. Just like Rubio plays more effectively with a better club. They have their unique abilities that can be used. They just need to be on a decently built team so their best abilities aren't subverted or wasted. Other teams that play better team defense would be a great spot for Dlo. A team that doesn't exist on park court offense for two will be a great spot for Rubio. Not sure what value the Timberwolves will get for them while destroying their values all season.

He has the highest usage rate on the team and has the lowest assist ratio out of our PGs, since Towns came back, it's lower than Towns too.

His usage rate/assist ratio is comparable to Jamal Murray and Steph Curry, and has an TS% 4 percent lower than both and higher ast to turnover ratio. Yeah I would say for a PG he's not a pass first guard and for a scoring guard he's not exactly cream of the crop.

“But don’t look at his overall play! Look at these 7 best games I cherry picked over 6 years! Your stats are blah blah blah!”

Corey Brewer is a 50 PPG scorer! He’ll always have value!
Note30
Assistant Coach
And1: 931

Post#42 » by Note30 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:39 pm

Jedzz wrote:
Note30 wrote:
Jedzz wrote: Blah blah hippity hoopla. No, I'm not going in moronic circles with you again. Save it.

No real comeback came on this one? This is why DLo will continue to bounce around the league and at best will serve as a role player or great 6th man and not a star.

But yeah much like my post on the PF thread (which was airtight) I see that when you are confronted with facts you runaway.
We've already been al through breaking down why this season was different and why his numbers this year don't contain high assists this year. Enough of your trash fairytales.

Look at his stats I've posted and you quoted already. No other guards on this team have ever been capable of that. No other guards this team has had many many many years have been capable of scoring, assisting and rebounding like that. Rosas chose to take that possibility away from us this year and from Dlo this season.

He just turned 25 in February. He was a #2 in his draft. You same people won't stop about how the next top 3 pick will save us. How this years current #1 is sooooo worth it. Russell has already shown all the flashes, had the big games during inconsistent development years. He was ready and timed for the next step now. All he needed was a season with Towns, Beas and a supporting cast of believers getting after it. Kat is the same age and just today, TODAY, for really the first time showed us a huge step in maturity level and true desire to beat a team with focus. This is what was supposed to happen this season for both Kat and Dlo, maybe even younger Beasley who had been showing he was all in earlier then everyone.

So show us you can understand the chance we lost this season and just shut the fk up already about your hate for Dlo if you are going to sit here at the same time claiming the next inconsistent rookie nobody is going to save us immediately.

I am no longer talking to such idiots in my life again. So next time I decide not to answer your terrible repeated takes, you now know why .

What the cherry-picked games above?

Mo Williams, Corey Brewer, Terrence Ross, Jamal Crawford also had 50 pt games while being inefficient for the other 81 games. Helll if you gave Ant 30% usage over the course of a season he'd pull it off too.

Jahlil Okafor was #3 in his draft and just turned 25, what is your point? I'm not an advocate for tanking I never have been.

My one and only position is that Russell can not be played as an offensive player without other complementing defenders and shooters around him. Any team that preps such a supporting case would NOT BE A PLAYOFF TEAM. It worked in the East because the East is a **** joke.

Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Donovan Mitchell, even LeBron had inefficient rookie seasons before turning into great players for this team.

WE ARE THE **** WOLVES, we will NEVER attract good talent to come here. We never have. Our best free-agent signing was Derrick Rose - to the best of my knowledge (maybe AK-47) - this is all conjecture. The point being is we won't sign stars.

We also won't get anywhere with players like Russell. Am I advocating for a tank no. I'm advocating we do what the Jazz, Grizzlies, do as small market teams. We build a great defense and hope we draft a strong player eventually that can be our star. DLo with the best defense around him would still be ass. His game wouldn't carry us.

The Grizzlies and Jazz have been playoff teams or contenders since 2008. We have not, if we want to succeed we need to build a strong defensive team and hope we draft our Ja Morant and Donovan Mitchell.

That is it. Beginning and end of story. Stop calling people idiots to fit your narrative. We all have our reasons for posting here and we all want to see our team win, We might have our different opinions but the reality is this as fans is pretty much all we've got at the moment dude.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,503

Post#43 » by Jedzz » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:34 pm

Note30 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Note30 wrote:
No real comeback came on this one? This is why DLo will continue to bounce around the league and at best will serve as a role player or great 6th man and not a star.

But yeah much like my post on the PF thread (which was airtight) I see that when you are confronted with facts you runaway.
We've already been al through breaking down why this season was different and why his numbers this year don't contain high assists this year. Enough of your trash fairytales.

Look at his stats I've posted and you quoted already. No other guards on this team have ever been capable of that. No other guards this team has had many many many years have been capable of scoring, assisting and rebounding like that. Rosas chose to take that possibility away from us this year and from Dlo this season.

He just turned 25 in February. He was a #2 in his draft. You same people won't stop about how the next top 3 pick will save us. How this years current #1 is sooooo worth it. Russell has already shown all the flashes, had the big games during inconsistent development years. He was ready and timed for the next step now. All he needed was a season with Towns, Beas and a supporting cast of believers getting after it. Kat is the same age and just today, TODAY, for really the first time showed us a huge step in maturity level and true desire to beat a team with focus. This is what was supposed to happen this season for both Kat and Dlo, maybe even younger Beasley who had been showing he was all in earlier then everyone.

So show us you can understand the chance we lost this season and just shut the fk up already about your hate for Dlo if you are going to sit here at the same time claiming the next inconsistent rookie nobody is going to save us immediately.

I am no longer talking to such idiots in my life again. So next time I decide not to answer your terrible repeated takes, you now know why .

Mo Williams, Corey Brewer, Terrence Ross, Jamal Crawford also had 50 pt games while being inefficient for the other 81 games. Helll if you gave Ant 30% usage over the course of a season he'd pull it off too.

I didn't show you just one game. I took ten minutes to pull a couple games from each team he's been on during his development years. I am tired of discussing such things with horrible people that can't get themselves to honestly discuss these things. I even pointed out how each of these monster performances were in Losses. Only, if he ever had more chances to play on a team with another upper tier player like Towns it might add up to wins with even just those two as the features. Yet the team had added even more. It was one step away from being a viable competitor. That one piece wasn't what they chose to target.

With this additional half assed attempt to not discuss this honestly you have confirmed I shouldn't bother with you anymoree. Mo Williams, Corey Brewer... gtfo and No, Edwards with your grand "30% usage" would not pull off the scoring, rebounds, assists, efficiency examples I showed. He doesn't have that kind of efficiency or rounded game yet. He's not developed yet. The point for you to take away in all this was to learn that DLO already has finished much of that development time yet is still young. That if we had drafted him, those very types of games he's had would have you acting the same way about him as you do Edwards now. You miss the greater point or just avoid it, that we had a chance to win now with someone who's already been through the inefficient years developing on bad teams, now, not after Edwards development years on a once again bad team because of the developing of more rookies.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#44 » by Jedzz » Mon Apr 5, 2021 5:18 pm

shrink wrote:
Note30 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
I see no comeback came on this one. This is why Dlo will still have value long after the hapless Timberwolves make no use of him as it appears they won't. Just like Rubio plays more effectively with a better club. They have their unique abilities that can be used. They just need to be on a decently built team so their best abilities aren't subverted or wasted. Other teams that play better team defense would be a great spot for Dlo. A team that doesn't exist on park court offense for two will be a great spot for Rubio. Not sure what value the Timberwolves will get for them while destroying their values all season.

He has the highest usage rate on the team and has the lowest assist ratio out of our PGs, since Towns came back, it's lower than Towns too.

His usage rate/assist ratio is comparable to Jamal Murray and Steph Curry, and has an TS% 4 percent lower than both and higher ast to turnover ratio. Yeah I would say for a PG he's not a pass first guard and for a scoring guard he's not exactly cream of the crop.

“But don’t look at his overall play! Look at these 7 best games I cherry picked over 6 years! Your stats are blah blah blah!”

Corey Brewer is a 50 PPG scorer! He’ll always have value!

Remember as I start to lay into your terrible posts again that you have asked for it once again. Only once again, I'll focus on bad thinking, fudged numbers, and emotions in your takes. I won't take them out of context and respond in error like you just have again.

The use of these games was specifically shown as "cherry picked" to show how good performances from young players happen while in development years and among other ineffient young player play. This is used to compare so many people (and Rosas apparantly) calling Edwards untradeable from a few big performances as just out of line. For if Wolves had drafted Dlo and he had games like this while developing each year he would undoubtedly be claimed as untradeable for 8 years by these same people. It's just a double standard being employed and now for a rookie getting to play with Kat now.

But I appreciate you once again showing you can't be counted on for good basketball discussions here if they don't fit your emotional desires for the team. Just like another post of yours today in another thread where you word your post to suggest Dlo has played with Kat for half a season and it can be seen as a failure. Great work there.
Note30
Assistant Coach
And1: 931

Post#45 » by Note30 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 8:49 pm

Jedzz wrote:
Note30 wrote:
Jedzz wrote: We've already been al through breaking down why this season was different and why his numbers this year don't contain high assists this year. Enough of your trash fairytales.

I didn't show you just one game. I took ten minutes to pull a couple games from each team he's been on during his development years. I am tired of discussing such things with horrible people that can't get themselves to honestly discuss these things. I even pointed out how each of these monster performances were in Losses. Only, if he ever had more chances to play on a team with another upper tier player like Towns it might add up to wins with even just those two as the features. Yet the team had added even more. It was one step away from being a viable competitor. That one piece wasn't what they chose to target.

With this additional half assed attempt to not discuss this honestly you have confirmed I shouldn't bother with you anymoree. Mo Williams, Corey Brewer... gtfo and No, Edwards with your grand "30% usage" would not pull off the scoring, rebounds, assists, efficiency examples I showed. He doesn't have that kind of efficiency or rounded game yet. He's not developed yet. The point for you to take away in all this was to learn that DLO already has finished much of that development time yet is still young. That if we had drafted him, those very types of games he's had would have you acting the same way about him as you do Edwards now. You miss the greater point or just avoid it, that we had a chance to win now with someone who's already been through the inefficient years developing on bad teams, now, not after Edwards development years on a once again bad team because of the developing of more rookies.

yOu mIsS tHe GrEaTeR pOInt after you refuse to counter the rest of the post and choose to only focus on the first half of the post which without context.

Then you only counter that portion because it fits your narrative.

If you did you would see that no matter what we do with a contract as big as DLos and with his defensive deficiency being the same as Towns that there is no way this team can make the playoffs. But go off my man. Keep living in LaLa Land.

You have no idea what an honest discussion looks like because you refuse to concede any ground. Because you think you are 100% right.

There's a reason why a few posters here don't like you man.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#46 » by Jedzz » Mon Apr 5, 2021 11:50 pm

Note30 wrote:
There's a reason why a few posters here don't like you man.
There are reasons I can't stand a few posters here, man.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves