LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Re: *** Knicks vs Wolves - Wednesday Night -8pm CT FSN *** 

Post#81 » by LesGrossman » Thu Apr 1, 2021 6:11 pm

Playmaker17 wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Playmaker17 wrote:
You’re a moron. More blind personal attacks on AE after he literally dragged the team to a win. The amount of stupid AE bashing that y’all do is staggering. It’s pathetic. Dude is 19 and about to win ROTY yet y’all talk about him with broad strokes. Really makes no sense. But keep on bashing if it makes you feel better about yourself

I don’t even know where to start with you. ROTY, he isn’t even leading the rookie ladder this week. Ball was a consensus ROTY before getting hurt (though he would have been a bad fit for different reasons with us,) Wiseman has missed to much time to compete for it (and doesn’t get the minutes,) and Halliburton is still competing with him for it.

Blind personal attacks? The guy is shooting 30.8% from 3 and yet is taking at least 7 a game. His jump shooting form outside the paint is below 30% yet he still takes at least 2 a game. If your telling me these are smart shots then I invite you to have Ricky and JO take more 3s as opposed to players like Beasley, Nowell, KAT, MCD, and JMAC. Hell, even Juancho is more reliable 3 point shooter and he has been all over the map this year. His high scoring comes with a very high volume of shots and many of them after dribbling for way too long. Ant’s defense has also left him benched end of game a couple of times now. Go back and watch the first half if you don’t believe me. 5 minutes of good basketball doesn’t justify no defensive effort the rest of the game, I don’t care how old you are.

Like I said, keep blindly bashing the 19 year old who represents your team pretty dang well. Think how much better he will be at 22, when most guys are just coming into the league. His shot selection will improve, and so will his understanding of NBA level help side defense. But the raw skills he has put on display this year are so unique. You guys have a gem. It will take 4-5 years before AE is in prime mode, but instead of being patient with his growth you opt to make personal attacks on the young man. Makes absolutely no sense. But if it makes you happy, by all means carry-on with it

You can be 19 and not full of yourself, thinking youre god's gift to man kind, stop the offense, act like you're the reborn MJ or James HArden, chuck away from 3 when your shot plain sucks, and be too good to play defense. He cost the wolves several games with his selfish dumb play so far, good for him that his gambling randomly paid off this time. There are countless examples of 19 y/o who have a lot more sense and a lot less "swagger" and showmanship (which, just to be clear, is a good thing). Mabye he figures it out maybe not, compare him to Wiggins, another #1 Pick. By the time he started to not be a net negative, he wasnt playing for the wolves any more. Why are you even talking? You dont seem like a wolves fan, you pretend to be new on this board yet you go all guns blazing at a well known Wolves follower. :crazy:
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
Playmaker17
Ballboy
And1: 33

Post#82 » by Playmaker17 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 9:18 pm

LesGrossman wrote:
Playmaker17 wrote:
winforlose wrote:
I don’t even know where to start with you. ROTY, he isn’t even leading the rookie ladder this week. Ball was a consensus ROTY before getting hurt (though he would have been a bad fit for different reasons with us,) Wiseman has missed to much time to compete for it (and doesn’t get the minutes,) and Halliburton is still competing with him for it.

Blind personal attacks? The guy is shooting 30.8% from 3 and yet is taking at least 7 a game. His jump shooting form outside the paint is below 30% yet he still takes at least 2 a game. If your telling me these are smart shots then I invite you to have Ricky and JO take more 3s as opposed to players like Beasley, Nowell, KAT, MCD, and JMAC. Hell, even Juancho is more reliable 3 point shooter and he has been all over the map this year. His high scoring comes with a very high volume of shots and many of them after dribbling for way too long. Ant’s defense has also left him benched end of game a couple of times now. Go back and watch the first half if you don’t believe me. 5 minutes of good basketball doesn’t justify no defensive effort the rest of the game, I don’t care how old you are.

Like I said, keep blindly bashing the 19 year old who represents your team pretty dang well. Think how much better he will be at 22, when most guys are just coming into the league. His shot selection will improve, and so will his understanding of NBA level help side defense. But the raw skills he has put on display this year are so unique. You guys have a gem. It will take 4-5 years before AE is in prime mode, but instead of being patient with his growth you opt to make personal attacks on the young man. Makes absolutely no sense. But if it makes you happy, by all means carry-on with it

You can be 19 and not full of yourself, thinking youre god's gift to man kind, stop the offense, act like you're the reborn MJ or James HArden, chuck away from 3 when your shot plain sucks, and be too good to play defense. He cost the wolves several games with his selfish dumb play so far, good for him that his gambling randomly paid off this time. There are countless examples of 19 y/o who have a lot more sense and a lot less "swagger" and showmanship (which, just to be clear, is a good thing). Mabye he figures it out maybe not, compare him to Wiggins, another #1 Pick. By the time he started to not be a net negative, he wasnt playing for the wolves any more. Why are you even talking? You dont seem like a wolves fan, you pretend to be new on this board yet you go all guns blazing at a well known Wolves follower. :crazy:

So you don’t like him cause he talks different. Gotcha. At least do some research about where he comes from before blindly criticizing the young man. You are ignorant about his upbringing and as such making all the wrong conclusions about him

And he is taking 17 shots per game. Hardly a ball hog who blindly chucks. He is improving every week. Just be patient with him and give him a break. Y’all would be happy to break him it appears
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#83 » by LesGrossman » Thu Apr 1, 2021 9:42 pm

Playmaker17 wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:
Playmaker17 wrote:

So you don’t like him cause he talks different. Gotcha. At least do some research about where he comes from before blindly criticizing the young man. You are ignorant about his upbringing and as such making all the wrong conclusions about him

And he is taking 17 shots per game. Hardly a ball hog who blindly chucks. He is improving every week. Just be patient with him and give him a break. Y’all would be happy to break him it appears

I guess we found his burner.

Fans have been patient. Hes playing bad, and he is not particularily coachable (obviously), yet seeks out every mic to make statements like this one. I dont give a damn where he comes from, i'm not interested in excuses for poor attitude. He has a rare chance in front of him and should be thankful and humble and listen and learn instead of this nonsense.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#84 » by Jedzz » Thu Apr 1, 2021 11:40 pm

LesGrossman wrote:
Playmaker17 wrote:
winforlose wrote:

Yes. We've already seen ROTY types around here. It's always what follows that season which matters more.
Lucamilo23
Sophomore
And1: 56

Post#85 » by Lucamilo23 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 12:01 am

This arguing, bashing players and fighting with others on this form is getting old. It is getting so toxic and hard to come on the forum just to see two or more people arguing for a FULL page. And I’m not just saying this most recent post. It’s everywhere in this forum.

I get it.. people are going to have differing opinions. We really need to learn to coexist and keep the conversations relevant. Please.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#86 » by Jedzz » Fri Apr 2, 2021 12:26 am

Lucamilo23 wrote:This arguing, bashing players and fighting with others on this form is getting old. It is getting so toxic and hard to come on the forum just to see two or more people arguing for a FULL page. And I’m not just saying this most recent post. It’s everywhere in this forum.

I get it.. people are going to have differing opinions. We really need to learn to coexist and keep the conversations relevant. Please.

Blame Rosas man. He started all this.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#87 » by Dewey » Fri Apr 2, 2021 12:56 am

Jedzz wrote:
Lucamilo23 wrote:This arguing, bashing players and fighting with others on this form is getting old. It is getting so toxic and hard to come on the forum just to see two or more people arguing for a FULL page. And I’m not just saying this most recent post. It’s everywhere in this forum.

Captain scapegoat
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#88 » by Jedzz » Fri Apr 2, 2021 1:02 am

Dewey wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

Captain scapegoat

I like that name for him.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#89 » by Jedzz » Fri Apr 2, 2021 1:05 am

It's April man. Is Dlo going to bother playing anymore this season?
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,157

Post#90 » by _AIJ_ » Fri Apr 2, 2021 1:10 pm

Jedzz wrote:It's April man. Is Dlo going to bother playing anymore this season?

Maybe monday?
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#91 » by moonpie » Fri Apr 2, 2021 10:53 pm

Jedzz wrote:It's April man. Is Dlo going to bother playing anymore this season?

Next week

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves