ImageImageImage

[Krawczynski] Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore in serious talks to become the next owners of the Minnesota Timberwolves

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,485

Re: [Krawczynski] Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore in serious talks to become the next owners of the Minnesota Timberwolves 

Post#41 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:07 am

UnFadeable21 wrote:Guaranteed this team is moving.

Domejandro wrote:
Neeva wrote:Probably Vegas. After the sell is through? What is there to keep the promise? They will probably want their investment to gain value and sadly not happening in Minnesota.

1. The NBA does not want to relocate teams, given that they are set to make more money through expansion.

Seattle fan here that wanted to weigh in.

You hit it on the nail. The league will receive massive expansion fees from both Seattle & Vegas in the not too distant future.

Just to be clear, No teams are moving.

Seattle has a very active group at the moment led by Billionaire David Bonderman (Celtics minority owner) & Tim Leiweke leading the charge to bring a team back. But all signs point towards expansion in Seattle, not relocation of another team.

Minnesota fans shouldn't worry about losing their basketball team.

Cheers from the Emerald city! :beer:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Re: [Krawczynski] Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore in serious talks to become the next owners of the Minnesota Timberwolves 

Post#42 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:52 am

Hope you get your team back, like the Winnipeg jets did, name and everything.

I had a Sonics Kemp 1996 style(green/red) away jersey and shorts combo...I think every 11 year old did at that time... even had a Sonics starter jacket. I was more of a players fan than wolves fan back in my youth until I settled into being strictly wolves.

Did get a Durant Shirsey since I’m a UT fan lol.

Are you renovating key arena or do you just need to start over if the chips go your way
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#43 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:11 am

D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:Hope you get your team back, like the Winnipeg jets did, name and everything.

I had a Sonics Kemp 1996 style(green/red) away jersey and shorts combo...I think every 11 year old did at that time... even had a Sonics starter jacket. I was more of a players fan than wolves fan back in my youth until I settled into being strictly wolves.

Are you renovating key arena or do you just need to start over if the chips go your way

Thanks for asking!

The Arena is a complete makeover. That will be completed this Fall for the start of the new NHL expansion team (the Kraken) in October.

The NHL owners have plans to bring the NBA back as well (Expansion).

Read on Twitter
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,787

Post#44 » by Slim Tubby » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:52 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:Hope you get your team back, like the Winnipeg jets did, name and everything.

Thanks for asking!

The Arena is a complete makeover (A Billion dollar renovation essentially). That will be completed this Fall for the start of the new NHL expansion team (the Kraken) in October. Here's what it currently looks like (March).

The NHL owners have plans to bring the NBA back as well (Expansion).

Read on Twitter

Good for Seattle and all the fans there for getting an expansion team. Only fans that have had their teams move could every possibly understand how frustrating and painful that can be.

I’m too provincial for my own good. When the North Stars left, they might as well have relocated to Uganda...never followed them for a second after the moving trucks left. Sadly, that’s how I would react if the Wolves are ever relocated.

On a different note...only Taylor would sell to a group including the biggest cheater in baseball lore and easily one of the most dislikable sports figures during my lifetime. Just barf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#45 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:08 am

Slim Tubby wrote:Good for Seattle and all the fans there for getting an expansion team. Only fans that have had their teams move could every possibly understand how frustrating and painful that can be.

I’m too provincial for my own good. When the North Stars left, they might as well have relocated to Uganda...never followed them for a second after the moving trucks left. Sadly, that’s how I would react if the Wolves are ever relocated.

On a different note...only Taylor would sell to a group including the biggest cheater in baseball lore and easily one of the most dislikable sports figures during my lifetime. Just barf.

Lol we hate the Thunder here. I still refuse to watch their games. So I completely empathize with you. Losing a team sucks royally.

People are gonna assume that because A-Rod has ties to Seattle, then that means they're moving. But them moving just isn't realistic.

The Pandemic has ironically been somewhat beneficial to the concept of expansion. Without it, relocation might have actually been more likely.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,019

Post#46 » by Nick K » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:11 am

Contrary to earlier comments, I hear from a few friends of mine say they know ARod and he's a really decent guy. Smart. But not nearly as smart as Lore. He's brilliant. Former head of Wallmart. He's worth multi billions. Last year those two lost their bid to buy the Mets. The Mets are a much bigger fish than the Wolves.

I don't know how we get off better than these two.
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 391

Post#47 » by Rookie-Mistake » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:19 am

So is it a done deal? Or just more speculation?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using RealGM mobile app
Slim Tubby
Starter

Post#48 » by Slim Tubby » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:25 am

Nick K wrote:Contrary to earlier comments, I hear from a few friends of mine say they know ARod and he's a really decent guy. Smart. But not nearly as smart as Lore. He's brilliant. Former head of Wallmart. He's worth multi billions. Last year those two lost their bid to buy the Mets. The Mets are a much bigger fish than the Wolves.

I don't know how we get off better than these two.

Hope you’re right, Nick. I’ll have to try and keep an open mind about my dislike for A-Fraud. Maybe Lore can bring back some dignity to this franchise.

Slim Tubby
Starter

Post#49 » by Slim Tubby » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:28 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:Good for Seattle and all the fans there for getting an expansion team. Only fans that have had their teams move could every possibly understand how frustrating and painful that can be.

Lol we hate the Thunder. I still refuse to watch their games. So I completely empathize with you. Losing a team sucks.

People are gonna assume that because A-Rod has ties to Seattle, then that means they're moving. But them moving just isn't realistic.

The Pandemic has ironically been somewhat beneficial to the concept of expansion. Without it, relocation might have actually been more likely.

I’m envisioning champagne and making it rain in your living room when the Durant/Westbrook/Harden combo fell apart.

PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#50 » by PharmD » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:05 am

I actually would prefer the team moving. Now-a-days its just way easier to follow a team that isn't in your blackout area.

And the city of Minneapolis could use that $50M
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,214

Post#51 » by Neeva » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:30 am

PharmD wrote:I actually would prefer the team moving. Now-a-days its just way easier to follow a team that isn't in your blackout area.

And the city of Minneapolis could use that $50M

Well me too, because I have zero attachment to the state of Minnesota. It would be nice if this franchise was a free agent destination, for once. I want to see them win a championship within a decade.
D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Post#52 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:09 am

Never understood how one could get latched to this team without ties to Minnesota. What some terrible luck
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,895

Post#53 » by LibertyPrime » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:34 am

So, this means the next two years are going to suck, right?

And anyone who answers "was that ever in doubt?" can straight up bite me.
"The last domino falls here!"
Minnesota Power
Pro Prospect
And1: 207

Post#54 » by Minnesota Power » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:34 am

As someone said earlier, A-Rod did buy some apartment complexes in Eagan last year in 2020.

And I think people are was overreacting and freaking out because he played for the Seattle Mariners for like 5 or 6 years. He didn't play his whole career, or a majority of it there. He's not from Seattle, has about as many connections to Seattle as he does Minnesota, didn't win a world series there nor has the city ever given him or awarded him anything.
I want to move back to Minnesota, I miss it sooooo much! :cry:
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#55 » by PharmD » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:26 am

LibertyPrime wrote:So, this means the next two years are going to suck, right?

Was that ever in doubt?
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#56 » by UnFadeable21 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:34 am

I hope the Wolves stay and they do expand.

This is the best scenario to keep the team here in Minnesota. Both those expansion fees could bring in 5-6 billion for the other 30 Owners to split for Seattle and Vegas. Wolves move East.

New Western Conference:
New 16 teams, 4 Divisions:

West Conference

Northwest: UTH, POR, DEN,
Seattle

Pacific: LAL, LAC, SAC, GS

South: NO, DAL, OKC, MEM

SouthWest: PHX, SAS, HOU,
Las Vegas

East Conference:

Central: MIL, CHI, DET,
Timberwolves

Atlantic: IND, CLE, TOR, WSH

South: ATL, ORL, MIA, CHA

NorthEast: NYK, BRK, PHI, BOS
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,946

Post#57 » by shrink » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:22 pm

Wal-Mart will battle it’s rivals like Target on every front! :lol:

I assume the team is staying, and this may help us attract free agents. If a young star is meeting with the owner, one of richest ex-athletes of all time, he may feel like ownership knows the path to make him happy, rich and legendary.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,301

Post#58 » by Baseline81 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:48 pm

Does the two-year transition line up with the contracts of Rosas and Finch?
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,946

Post#59 » by shrink » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:39 pm

It feels like a new era!

We get new ownership! We get to see what Ant will become! We get to see if KAT and DLo can really be the answer! We got classic posters like C.lupus and Devilzsidewalk showing up again!

This is the most optimistic I’ve been for a while! “Wait til next year!” Actually has a ring off truth!
younggunsmn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,427

Post#60 » by younggunsmn » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:40 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
younggunsmn wrote:Lol you just can't make this stuff up. What a joke.
Sell the team to the biggest fraud in baseball history from the hated Yankees.
Might as well contract the team.
Taylor just became one of the most despised people in all of minnesota whether they move or not.

The steroid memes will be epic though.
Kat will be powerbombing embiid through the floor in no time.

I’m not sure why I would care about any of that. All that matters is if the team stays and is successful, and we’ll have to wait and see with that.

Well as a rabid Twins fan the prospect of having to see Alex Rodriguez's smug face at the end of the bench at Timberwolves games is extra disgusting.

I find it disturbing where in this unfortunate era of cancel culture where one wrong turn of phrase can get you run out of polite society,, a liar and proven fraud who was caught cheating multiple times and did great harm to his sport gets to be an analyst on ESPN broadcasts and buy a basketball team. Call me crazy for wanting someone with a little bit of ethics to be our new owner.
But then again Glen Taylor is as shady as they come in the business world so I would expect nothing less.
Maybe the dot-com sellout partner will be better.

This isn't final, Taylor had the same agreement with the guy who backed out and ended up buying the Jazz.
It sounds like they basically signed off on every single thing that Taylor asked for.
Taylor can talk all he wants, there isn't any legal language that will really keep the team here if they want to move it badly enough,
although I do agree that expansion is far more likely, especially in seattle.

Still, wolves only getting like 15-20k fans for their broadcasts (Twins regularly top 100k), old arena, this is not an ideal market.
I don't like the 2-3 year window thing because it might mean we don't get rid of Rosas and we get 2-3 more years of Glen making bad decisions.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves