ImageImageImage

*** Wolves @ Jazz - Monday Night - 7pm CT FSN ***

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Dalvin
Rookie
And1: 874

Re: *** Wolves @ Jazz - Monday Night - 7pm CT FSN *** 

Post#121 » by Dalvin » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:57 am

I wouldn't be surprised if we beat the best team in the NBA and then lose the next night to the Worst team in the NBA :lol:
shrink wrote:Good point, and welcome to the boards.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,354

Post#122 » by Calinks » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:13 am

Timberwolves are 8-6 when KAT and DLO play, 8-5 when one of them doesn't get hurt and can't finish the game. Dlo takes a lot of heat for his weaknesses but he has legitimate strengths he brings to this team too. If we were fully healthy all season it's possible we could have been a team that hovers around .500
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,197

Post#123 » by Neeva » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:17 am

iamworthy wrote:Kind of what I envisioned when I thought you guys would make a big leap this year. Injuries suck, good luck the rest of the way

Next year when they get one of Suggs/Green/Cunningham and trade Beasley for inside help. Hope to see you in the playoffs next year ( not in the first round hopefully)
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,264

Post#124 » by Baseline81 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:02 pm

Calinks wrote:Timberwolves are 8-6 when KAT and DLO play, 8-5 when one of them doesn't get hurt and can't finish the game. Dlo takes a lot of heat for his weaknesses but he has legitimate strengths he brings to this team too. If we were fully healthy all season it's possible we could have been a team that hovers around .500

Prior to the start of the season, there was a poll of where the Wolves would end up. If I recall correctly, the majority thought they would play well enough to be in contention for the play-in game.

Regardless of the roster construction, there's talent on the team. Unfortunately, injuries, Covid-19 and poor coaching made it too difficult of a hill to climb. I understand other teams have had similar issues, but those problems happened to be to Minnesota's best players (Towns and Russell have played in only 40 and 32 of the Wolves' 62 games).

There's a reason why several of us would rather have the pick convey next year instead of this year. But again, it would all depend on the health of the team.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,966

Post#125 » by Nick K » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:57 pm

Dalvin wrote:
Calinks wrote:We got to be at the top of the Utah Jazz hit list next season. I'd be stewing. The Suns could steal the number 1 seed too because of these games.

We could also, you know, beat the Suns too :lol:

That's right Dalvin. Bring em all on. We'll whip their butts too!

See what a couple of wins can do. :D
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#126 » by Nick K » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:01 pm

iamworthy wrote:Kind of what I envisioned when I thought you guys would make a big leap this year. Injuries suck, good luck the rest of the way

I love the moniker.

Sick of the Lakers though. :lol:
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#127 » by Nick K » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:03 pm

Calinks wrote:Timberwolves are 8-6 when KAT and DLO play, 8-5 when one of them doesn't get hurt and can't finish the game. Dlo takes a lot of heat for his weaknesses but he has legitimate strengths he brings to this team too. If we were fully healthy all season it's possible we could have been a team that hovers around .500

With FINCH as coach we would have made the playoffs. I'm just sayin...
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,971

Post#128 » by Domejandro » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:11 pm

Nick K wrote:

No we wouldn't have, unless you are projecting for some magically butterfly effect where injuries never happen. People seem to forget that Minnesota started off the year 2-0 (second game being against the Utah Jazz).

I personally prefer Coach Finch for this roster, but crediting Coach Saunders for Minnesota's horrible record is revisionist, at best.
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#129 » by Nick K » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:21 am

Domejandro wrote:
Nick K wrote:

No we wouldn't have, unless you are projecting for some magically butterfly effect where injuries never happen. People seem to forget that Minnesota started off the year 2-0 (second game being against the Utah Jazz).

I personally prefer Coach Finch for this roster, but crediting Coach Saunders for Minnesota's horrible record is revisionist, at best.

You totally misunderstood what I was saying. Calinks said, if healthy we would have finished around .500 with Finch all year.

I said we'd make the playoffs...if healthy and with Finch. Ryan didn't enter my mind but now that you mention him, I don't think we would have been been close to making the playoffs if he were still coach.

You have to read my response as well as who I was responding too.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves