ImageImageImage

*** Wolves vs Pelicans - Saturday Night - 7pm CT FSN ***

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

K4P
Assistant Coach
And1: 17,103

Re: *** Wolves vs Pelicans - Saturday Night - 7pm CT FSN *** 

Post#81 » by K4P » Sun May 2, 2021 4:59 am

We need some rim protection badly. Naz and KAT both suck at defending while backpedaling
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,197

Post#82 » by Neeva » Sun May 2, 2021 6:10 am

K4P wrote:We need some rim protection badly. Naz and KAT both suck at defending while backpedaling

What type of big would Beasley/Naz/Nowell get the wolves?
TheZachAttack
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,087

Post#83 » by TheZachAttack » Sun May 2, 2021 11:38 am

Neeva wrote:
K4P wrote:We need some rim protection badly. Naz and KAT both suck at defending while backpedaling

What type of big would Beasley/Naz/Nowell get the wolves?

Myles Turner
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#84 » by Dewey » Sun May 2, 2021 12:17 pm

It’s a clear view of how much we lack that gritty character ... and it’s just meaningless games in regular season. Playoffs you need to step it up even more.

I agree we need to add interior defense - but we said the same the past few years and we keep adding these finesse players.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#85 » by packforfreedom » Sun May 2, 2021 1:50 pm

Let's not overreact about this loss. Zion is just unstoppable and Dlo had one of the worst shooting nights of his career. Ant on the other hand had one of his best all round games and it was great to watch.
It was a close game and it would've been nicer if we had won, but the trend is still pointing upwards.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,165

Post#86 » by _AIJ_ » Sun May 2, 2021 3:55 pm

packforfreedom wrote:Let's not overreact about this loss. Zion is just unstoppable and Dlo had one of the worst shooting nights of his career. Ant on the other hand had one of his best all round games and it was great to watch.
It was a close game and it would've been nicer if we had won, but the trend is still pointing upwards.

I didnt mind the loss too but i wanted Ant to take that last shot.
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,350

Post#87 » by Calinks » Sun May 2, 2021 4:38 pm

packforfreedom wrote:Let's not overreact about this loss. Zion is just unstoppable and Dlo had one of the worst shooting nights of his career. Ant on the other hand had one of his best all round games and it was great to watch.

Yea, I don't think we should tank but of course every loss helps us possibly keep this pick and the pick gives us more options. We played well for most of that game even though we had Dlo with an off night. Lonzo also had the night fo his life and we were playing a very desperate team. If Dlo was normal, we probably would have won that by 10 points which would be really impressive given how much the Pelicans needed the win,
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#88 » by Dewey » Sun May 2, 2021 7:17 pm

You totally avoid the root issue ... toughness/grit ... night in night out - year after year. Not just a 1 game overreaction by any stretch
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,350

Post#89 » by Calinks » Sun May 2, 2021 9:32 pm

Dewey wrote:

You totally avoid the root issue ... toughness/grit ... night in night out - year after year. Not just a 1 game overreaction by any stretch

I won't go exclaiming that we are a tough team but I think we have shown some toughness and grit in this stretch. We haven't folded or backed down. Last night you could argue we folded, we definitely stopped scoring and couldn't contain Zion. Kat also go worked over by Hermongomez physically. I still don't think we showed a huge like of toughness though, we just got beat.

Overall I have actually been impressed with our resiliency of late, especially after getting destroyed all season, usually, teams just start to accept the fact that they are trash. It's rare to see a team step up like this down the stretch, part of that has to do with our talent level being hire too (Healthy KAT and Dlo).
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,966

Post#90 » by Nick K » Sun May 2, 2021 10:30 pm

Calinks wrote:
Dewey wrote:

I won't go exclaiming that we are a tough team but I think we have shown some toughness and grit in this stretch. We haven't folded or backed down. Last night you could argue we folded, we definitely stopped scoring and couldn't contain Zion. Kat also go worked over by Hermongomez physically. I still don't think we showed a huge like of toughness though, we just got beat.

Overall I have actually been impressed with our resiliency of late, especially after getting destroyed all season, usually, teams just start to accept the fact that they are trash. It's rare to see a team step up like this down the stretch, part of that has to do with our talent level being hire too (Healthy KAT and Dlo).

It's tough to win when Kat, McD, and Reid had all fouled out. Not much left to stop Zion. Maybe we should go small and put J Mac on Zion? :lol:
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,954

Post#91 » by Klomp » Mon May 3, 2021 11:47 am

LesGrossman wrote:
Dual wrote:Jim Pete saying Wolves envision the lineup of Dlo, Beas, Ant, McDaniels and Kat. I don't see it tbh, where is the defense. I hope they change the concept for next year.

That would be terrible. Only one can shoot each posession but all five are needed to play defense. How does anyone compensate for three sub par defenders who wont give effort? And i'm not even talking about Beasley there.

There may only be one ball, but if a team only has one or two offensively-capable players, efficiency plummets because defenses can more easily stop fewer options. It's part of why we've seen Ant improve offensively is because there are more weapons around him.

If you have lesser offensive options, you HAVE to be ELITE defensively in order to have success. Majorly downgrading offense only to be marginally better on defense just doesn't compute for me.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#92 » by packforfreedom » Mon May 3, 2021 12:13 pm

Dewey wrote:

im fine with the way they've played and I don't think the toughest and grittiest teams win per se, but the teams that play the best basketball

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves