ImageImageImage

*** Wolves vs Grizzlies - Wednesday Night - 7pm CT FSN ***

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

ChiefKeith91
Sophomore
And1: 59

Re: *** Wolves vs Grizzlies - Wednesday Night - 7pm CT FSN *** 

Post#81 » by ChiefKeith91 » Thu May 6, 2021 2:56 am

Once again Ant gets us back into the game and we decide to go KAT late who commits dumb TO’s smh. At some point Finch has to demand Ant gets the ball in crunch time.

McDaniels has been getting in a lot of foul trouble as of late. Hope he is t picking up bad habits.

We lost the game on the Tillman OREB then Bane 3. Wolves have to add a legit rebounding PF/C this off-season. Too many games where we lose on second chance points

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,866

Post#82 » by Nick K » Thu May 6, 2021 3:03 am

Calinks wrote:
_AIJ_ wrote:
Calinks wrote:Get me a defensive big this off-season, that's my biggest ask. Real size, real presence. Let's go big, to hell with small ball.

When did the team go small ever again???? I dont remember either. That ship has sailed long ago

Not saying we have gone small, I'm jsut saying lets not try that again, let's go the other, let's go big and bad. Rosas and the front office seemed like their aspiration was to remake the Houston model and I think that's big mistake. We need to get big and powerful.

I think w can safely say small ball is mostly dead in Minny. Finch won't have it. He's played at and Reid together e.g.
ChiefKeith91
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#83 » by ChiefKeith91 » Thu May 6, 2021 3:11 am

Nick K wrote:
Calinks wrote:
_AIJ_ wrote:When did the team go small ever again???? I dont remember either. That ship has sailed long ago

Not saying we have gone small, I'm jsut saying lets not try that again, let's go the other, let's go big and bad. Rosas and the front office seemed like their aspiration was to remake the Houston model and I think that's big mistake. We need to get big and powerful.

I think w can safely say small ball is mostly dead in Minny. Finch won't have it. He's played at and Reid together e.g.

And Juancho at the 3

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Playmaker17
Ballboy
And1: 33

Post#84 » by Playmaker17 » Thu May 6, 2021 3:15 am

life_saver wrote:
jpatrick wrote:Ant is absolutely scorching and DLo attacks the rim without a single pass and misses a layup. I just don’t like him as our main PG. My dream is still we draft Suggs and Russell becomes sixth man, but I know it won’t happen.

he also has atleast couple of bonehead turnovers every game

Ant averages 2.2 TOV per game. Hardly a turnover machine. I swear, Ant can do no right by some of you. As a 19 year old, he just had his second incredibly efficient 42 point game and we are talking about his “head scratching” 2.2 turnovers per game.
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,743

Post#85 » by life_saver » Thu May 6, 2021 3:16 am

Playmaker17 wrote:
life_saver wrote:
jpatrick wrote:Ant is absolutely scorching and DLo attacks the rim without a single pass and misses a layup. I just don’t like him as our main PG. My dream is still we draft Suggs and Russell becomes sixth man, but I know it won’t happen.

he also has atleast couple of bonehead turnovers every game

Ant averages 2.2 TOV per game. Hardly a turnover machine. I swear, Ant can do no right by some of you. As a 19 year old, he just had his second incredibly efficient 42 point game and we are talking about his “head scratching” 2.2 turnovers per game.

I was referring to DLo's turnovers..not Ant
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,935

Post#86 » by wolves_89 » Thu May 6, 2021 3:24 am

The Wolves shooting 53.8% within 5ft of the basket is the biggest reason the team lost tonight, there were just too many makeable shots at the rim that ended up being misses. The Grizzlies actually had a better shooting percent between 5ft-14ft (54.8% on 31 attempts) than the Wolves did at the rim.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,588

Post#87 » by jpatrick » Thu May 6, 2021 3:37 am

wolves_89 wrote:The Wolves shooting 53.8% within 5ft of the basket is the biggest reason the team lost tonight, there were just too many makeable shots at the rim that ended up being misses. The Grizzlies actually had a better shooting percent between 5ft-14ft (54.8% on 31 attempts) than the Wolves did at the rim.

Hard for me to blame shooting, even though we did miss a bunch of layups, when we scored 135. Have to fix the defense.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,136

Post#88 » by Calinks » Thu May 6, 2021 4:25 am

Read on Twitter
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Dual
Veteran
And1: 1,494

Post#89 » by Dual » Thu May 6, 2021 10:04 am

Ant is sooo good, already the leader of this team at 19 years old.
As Ricky fan, I said it multiple times, he just don't fit in this team at all, and he is young to just be in a mentor role for young people.
I hope he gets traded during the off-season.
Nonetheless I'm enjoying the blossoming of Ant and McDaniels.
Sugarless
Starter
And1: 1,978

Post#90 » by Sugarless » Thu May 6, 2021 10:32 am

Hats off to Ant's offensive explosion and to his best night of the season. Not a fan of the shot selection or him being the primary playmaker like some would like to see going forward, but the talent is undeniably there and it's hard to argue when the guy is cooking like he was last night. Still hoping for a lot more effort defensively and smarter play on both ends night after night, and that's as much on the FO and the coaching staff as it is on him.
Sugarless
Starter
And1: 1,978

Post#91 » by Sugarless » Thu May 6, 2021 10:37 am

Dual wrote:Ant is sooo good, already the leader of this team at 19 years old.
As Ricky fan, I said it multiple times, he just don't fit in this team at all, and he is young to just be in a mentor role for young people.
I hope he gets traded during the off-season.
Nonetheless I'm enjoying the blossoming of Ant and McDaniels.

Ricky's time with the Wolves ended years ago, it was easy to see that this reunion should have never happened.

He's being a real pro and he's putting the team first all season long -like he always does-, but for the sake of everyone involved he needs to be traded or bought out this summer. End the suffering, move on and let the guy try to get his career back on track elsewhere (it will be harder to do after this hot mess of a season); he deserves that much.
Playmaker17
Ballboy
And1: 33

Post#92 » by Playmaker17 » Thu May 6, 2021 2:59 pm

life_saver wrote:
Playmaker17 wrote:
life_saver wrote:he also has atleast couple of bonehead turnovers every game

I was referring to DLo's turnovers..not Ant

My bad...apologies
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,135

Post#93 » by _AIJ_ » Thu May 6, 2021 6:57 pm

Still confused why they went away from Ant the last 4 or so minutes. KAT is just so weak in these situations.
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,661

Post#94 » by KGdaBom » Fri May 7, 2021 4:19 pm

Calinks wrote:Get me a defensive big this off-season, that's my biggest ask. Real size, real presence. Let's go big, to hell with small ball.

+10000000
I hate small ball. One of the stupidest ideas ever in the NBA.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#95 » by KGdaBom » Fri May 7, 2021 4:20 pm

shrink wrote:Ant’s line: FG 17-22, 3P 6-7, 6 RB, 7 AST, 1 STL, 1 BLK, 42 PTS

Holy sheet...
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#96 » by KGdaBom » Fri May 7, 2021 4:22 pm

Calinks wrote:
_AIJ_ wrote:

When did the team go small ever again???? I dont remember either. That ship has sailed long ago

Small ball and Tall ball, both create mismatches. I would rather go tall and let them try to match up with us rather than go small trying to match up with them.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,583

Post#97 » by Klomp » Fri May 7, 2021 10:30 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Calinks wrote:
_AIJ_ wrote:When did the team go small ever again???? I dont remember either. That ship has sailed long ago

Small ball and Tall ball, but create mismatches. I would rather go tall and let them try to match up with us rather than go small trying to match up with them.

That's the key. It's not just about small or tall. Neither does any good if it doesn't create an advantage.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves