Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Macwolf527
Junior
And1: 217

Re: Trade Talk (Part Seven) 

Post#621 » by Macwolf527 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:36 pm

King Ken wrote:
Macwolf527 wrote:
Klomp wrote:We are talking because it was posted by a reputable member of the Twin Cities media. This is the Minnesota subforum. You can choose to steer conversation on the Atlanta subforum however you like.

Sometimes, teams move players they don't want or need to trade. It's part of doing business. It doesn't mean he's on the block just because a few Minnesota fans are talking about him.

They absolutely have to make a decision on Gallo or Collins.

NO WE DON'T! We will in 2022 but guess what, we have an out with Gallo's contract in 2022. We are in great shape in terms of JC and Gallo.

We can agree to disagree because time will tell it all. I'll put big money on the fact that one of them will be gone from your team before the the tip-off of the new season. :D
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,947

Post#622 » by Klomp » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:16 pm

King Ken wrote:
Macwolf527 wrote:
Klomp wrote:We are talking because it was posted by a reputable member of the Twin Cities media. This is the Minnesota subforum. You can choose to steer conversation on the Atlanta subforum however you like.

Sometimes, teams move players they don't want or need to trade. It's part of doing business. It doesn't mean he's on the block just because a few Minnesota fans are talking about him.

NO WE DON'T! We will in 2022 but guess what, we have an out with Gallo's contract in 2022 for 5 mil. We are in great shape in terms of JC and Gallo. We aren't in a position to move Gallo right now or this year unless an upgrade is on the horizon.

Are you expecting Collins to play on his qualifying offer?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,947

Post#623 » by Klomp » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:18 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,986

Post#624 » by wolves_89 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:11 pm

jpatrick wrote:
Gallo and Markkanen are similar players. Gallo probably better at the moment because of experience but he’s completely washed defensively. PF shooters that play no defense. Our defense man. Would be bad. So bad.

Would Atlanta do Rubio for Gallo? Gives them a backup PG and and expiring contract to help with future salary obligations. Although Gallo’s second year is only guaranteed for 5m.

Obviously, would prefer Simmons, Collins, Isaac, Turner, etc., they’re all long shots.

As far as their style of play, I'd agree that Gallo and Markkanen have some similarity. Between the two I'd easily take Markkanen due to age (24 years old) and potential for improvement due to a change of situation. Gallo is almost 33 years old and has massive injury concerns.
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,716

Post#625 » by thinktank » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:28 pm

Klomp wrote:
King Ken wrote:
Macwolf527 wrote:

NO WE DON'T! We will in 2022 but guess what, we have an out with Gallo's contract in 2022 for 5 mil. We are in great shape in terms of JC and Gallo. We aren't in a position to move Gallo right now or this year unless an upgrade is on the horizon.

He doesn’t want to answer.
"a poor addition to the board"
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#626 » by King Ken » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:40 pm

Klomp wrote:
King Ken wrote:
Macwolf527 wrote:

For Atlanta to break the LT, they would have to spend over 40.3 million on 3 players. So no matter what happens with JC, it doesn't kill our books for 2021-22.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#627 » by Dewey » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:41 pm

King Ken wrote:
Macwolf527 wrote:

Gallo is as good as gone from Atlanta …
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
King Ken
General Manager

Post#628 » by King Ken » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:41 pm

Macwolf527 wrote:
King Ken wrote:
Macwolf527 wrote:

NO WE DON'T! We will in 2022 but guess what, we have an out with Gallo's contract in 2022. We are in great shape in terms of JC and Gallo.

We can agree to disagree because time will tell it all. I'll put big money on the fact that one of them will be gone from your team before the the tip-off of the new season. :D

There is nothing to agree to disagree about. 2+2=4. The obvious is obvious. Atlanta doesn't have to trade anyone right unless an upgrade is on the horizon
King Ken
General Manager

Post#629 » by King Ken » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:43 pm

Dewey wrote:
King Ken wrote:
Macwolf527 wrote:

KAT and Antman is good as gone from Minnesota
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#630 » by SO_MONEY » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:44 pm

Nick K wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:
Nick K wrote:
Maybe we could do Beasley, Layman or Okogie for Gallo? The Wolves just have to play decent team defense. The key is not missing defensive assignments. And that's coaching and effort.

No chance I would give up Beasley for him...not even up anyways.

I love Beasley's shooting but where are you going to play him? You can't start him cause you have Ant. You have McD at the 3. So you have to bring him off the bench which I love. It's going to cost us to get a starting 4. I think the Wolves want to keep Ricky. Ant loves him and if Dlo goes down you need him..

I would worry more about starting the geriatric, injury prone Gallo. Sure, if it doesn't cost anything and you get an asset for taking him on, but Beasley is a NO unless that asset or combo of assets offer proper incentive.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,530

Post#631 » by Note30 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:49 am

King Ken wrote:
Dewey wrote:
King Ken wrote:NO WE DON'T! We will in 2022 but guess what, we have an out with Gallo's contract in 2022 for 5 mil. We are in great shape in terms of JC and Gallo. We aren't in a position to move Gallo right now or this year unless an upgrade is on the horizon.

KAT and Antman is good as gone from Minnesota

I'm like 90% sure you were all over Schroeder as the next greatest point guard of all time. Pretty sure you had something like that in your sig. And even at the time I remember it being the most ridiculous homer stance I had ever seen.

So as far as impartial basketball knowledge goes I'm probably not going to believe anything you have to say. And this isn't really in response to you, more for everyone else on the thread.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#632 » by King Malta » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:30 am

I love it when posters from other boards come over here and get pissy when their views aren't re-enforced by the posters outside of their own echo chamber :lol:
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,968

Post#633 » by Domejandro » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:49 am

Attack posts, not the posters. Let's mellow this conversation out, it isn't good for anyone.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#634 » by Domejandro » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:14 am

Ridiculous blockbuster to nuke the thread. I wrote this out a few weeks ago, but I figured now would be a good time to redirect attention/hate towards me.

CHI: Ricky Rubio
OUT: Tomáš Satoranský, Al-Farouq Aminu, and two seconds

Why for Chicago? Getting a starting quality Point-Guard for cheap.

HOU: Tomáš Satoranský, George Hill, Al-Farouq Aminu, Juancho Hernangómez, Jarrett Culver, 2023 Minnesota First (Unprotected), and two seconds
OUT: John Wall, Christian Wood, and Danuel House

Why for Houston? Save $20MM this season, around $60MM next season, and get draft picks. Fully commit to rebuild.

MIN: Ben Simmons
OUT: Ricky Rubio, Juancho Hernangómez, Jarrett Culver, and First Round Draft Picks (2023, 2025, and 2027*)

*Top Ten Protected

Why for Minnesota? Get an All-Star that compliments their best players well.

Spoiler:
D'Angelo Russell / Jordan McLaughlin (RFA)
Malik Beasley / Jaylen Nowell
Anthony Edwards / Josh Okogie / Jake Layman
Ben Simmons / Jaden McDaniels
Karl-Anthony Towns / Naz Reid / Jarred Vanderbilt (RFA)

Minnesota almost certainly needs to add more (Jaden McDaniels?), but it's a framework.

OKC: John Wall and Minnesota's 2027 First Round Draft Pick (1-10 Protected)
OUT: Kemba Walker

Why for Oklahoma City? Buy a first in exchange for $18MM.

PHI: Kemba Walker, Christian Wood, Danuel House (TPE) and Minnesota's 2025 First Round Draft Pick (Unprotected)
OUT: Ben Simmons and George Hill

Why for Philadelphia? Get a 20-5-4 Point-Guard and 20-10 Power-Forward that both compliment Joel Embiid well offensively, along with a role-player. Take a hit on defense in exchange for offensive fire-power. The unprotected 2025 draft pick gives Philadelphia the flexibility to trade any of their future firsts (they traded their 2025 first, so getting an unprotected 2025 first protects them from the Stepien Rule).

Spoiler:
Kemba Walker / Tyrese Maxey
Danny Green (FA) / Seth Curry / Shake Milton
Tobias Harris / Matisse Thybulle
Christian Wood / Danuel House Jr. / Paul Reed
Joel Embiid /

And1: 1,547

Post#635 » by King Malta » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:19 am

Domejandro wrote:Ridiculous blockbuster to nuke the thread. I wrote this out a few weeks ago, but I figured now would be a good time to redirect attention/hate towards me.

HOU: Tomáš Satoranský, George Hill, Al-Farouq Aminu, Juancho Hernangómez, Jarrett Culver, 2023 Minnesota First (Unprotected), and two seconds

Why for Houston? Save $20MM this season, around $60MM next season, and get draft picks. Fully commit to rebuild.

OUT: Ricky Rubio, Juancho Hernangómez, Jarrett Culver, and First Round Draft Picks (2023, 2025, and 2027*)

*Top Ten Protected

Spoiler:

Minnesota almost certainly needs to add more (Jaden McDaniels?), but it's a framework.

PHI: Kemba Walker, Christian Wood, Danuel House (TPE) and Minnesota's 2025 First Round Draft Pick (Unprotected)

Why for Philadelphia? Get a 20-5-4 Point-Guard and 20-10 Power-Forward that both compliment Joel Embiid well offensively, along with a role-player. Take a hit on defense in exchange for offensive fire-power. The unprotected 2025 draft pick gives Philadelphia the flexibility to trade any of their future firsts (they traded their 2025 first, so getting an unprotected 2025 first protects them from the Stepien Rule).

Spoiler:
Joel Embiid /

I feel like Houston say no to that for sure to be honest. Not sure they want to just turf Christian Wood away for that return, although I admittedly don't have my finger on the pulse as far as the Rockets.

We make out like absolute bandits here though, I'd do it in a heart beat from our standpoint. Sure, we lose 3 firsts, but we basically have our core (KAT, Simmons, ANT, D'Lo) and key supporting guys (Beasley, and McDaniels with Naz/Jaylen as affordable bench guys) all here.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#636 » by Domejandro » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:23 am

King Malta wrote:I feel like Houston say no to that for sure to be honest. Not sure they want to just turf Christian Wood away for that return, although I admittedly don't have my finger on the pulse as far as the Rockets.

We make out like absolute bandits here though, I'd do it in a heart beat from our standpoint. Sure, we lose 3 firsts, but we basically have our core (KAT, Simmons, ANT, D'Lo) and key supporting guys (Beasley, and McDaniels with Naz/Jaylen as affordable bench guys) all here.

I fully agree, I think Minnesota would need to probably send Jaden McDaniels or Naz Reid over to Philadelphia. It's definitely a lazy framework type of post.

For Houston, their owner is notoriously a massive cost-cutter, so I think saving eighty million dollars while still getting draft compensation would appeal to them a lot.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#637 » by SO_MONEY » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:33 am

Domejandro wrote:Ridiculous blockbuster to nuke the thread. I wrote this out a few weeks ago, but I figured now would be a good time to redirect attention/hate towards me.

*Top Ten Protected

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Joel Embiid /

I think Beasley, Juancho, Culver, Reid and TWO firsts is the best framework we could operate under in getting a solid PF. I really do think McDaniels is off the table for any player we have heard of to this date and that is our best offer. Perhaps Rubio gets added to it, but I think something else comes in George Hill and his partial guarantee ($1.3mil?) as an example. And this package is probably dispersed across multiple teams. I think lesser targets are more likely though, several minor mid tier moves where we can find value.
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#638 » by PhillyNj » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:40 pm

Domejandro wrote:
King Malta wrote:I feel like Houston say no to that for sure to be honest. Not sure they want to just turf Christian Wood away for that return, although I admittedly don't have my finger on the pulse as far as the Rockets.

I fully agree, I think Minnesota would need to probably send Jaden McDaniels or Naz Reid over to Philadelphia. It's definitely a lazy framework type of post.

For Houston, their owner is notoriously a massive cost-cutter, so I think saving eighty million dollars while still getting draft compensation would appeal to them a lot.

Believe me when I tell you Kamba Walker isn’t going to Philly no matter what else is going to Philly.
That dude is washed up. Why do you think Boston gave pick 16 to get rid of him.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,598

Post#639 » by jpatrick » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:43 pm

PhillyNj wrote:
Domejandro wrote:

Believe me when I tell you Kamba Walker isn’t going to Philly no matter what else is going to Philly.

I’m not saying you’re wrong. But remember it was only a couple years ago that Houston gave up two first round picks PLUS two pick swaps to unload Chris Paul because he was washed. Now he’s considered one of the best PGs in the league again.
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 536

Post#640 » by PhillyNj » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:56 pm

jpatrick wrote:
PhillyNj wrote:
Domejandro wrote:I fully agree, I think Minnesota would need to probably send Jaden McDaniels or Naz Reid over to Philadelphia. It's definitely a lazy framework type of post.

I’m not saying you’re wrong. But remember it was only a couple years ago that Houston gave up two first round picks PLUS two pick swaps to unload Chris Paul because he was washed. Now he’s considered one of the best PGs in the league again.

Chris Paul’s problem is that he’s always hurt. Kemba’s problem is he is just a bad basketball player who has lost his speed.
Hugh difference.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves