ImageImageImage

Trade Talk (Part Seven)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Re: Trade Talk (Part Seven) 

Post#681 » by shangrila » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:36 pm

jpatrick wrote:On the Dun’c On podcast’s mock offseason episode, which is always great, they traded Ben Simmons for CJ McCollum, Anfernee Simons, and one protected pick swap.

I think that’s a realistic trade but they Philly fans will flip out if that is the deal that goes down. Getting CJ without even getting a first round pick.

I'd flip out. CJ might be a better "fit" but I don't think his value is crazy high either.

Going from Simmons to CJ would be a downgrade.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,518

Post#682 » by shrink » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:45 am

Good to hear about others listening to Dunc’d On, jpatrick! I posted the full results on the Trade Board.

shrink wrote:I’m listening to the Dunc’d On, Mock Off-Season, and I thought others might be interested. The pod pretty much started trying to determine a trade destination for Ben Simmons. Here is a list of Danny LaRoux trade offers, and whether the other team was interested.

IND: Malcolm Brogdan and TJ Warren? Not what Ind does - we’ll think about it.
CHA: Hayward or Rozier, and potentially PJ Washington and a Lotto protected future 1st? (No, bad fit with Ball, not Hayward)
SAC: Harrison Barnes and Halliburton? Halliburton off the table, even adding Maxey and future PHI 1sts.
WAS: Bradley Beal? No
NOP: Ingram? No
NYK: Quickley and 1st (and cap space)? Yes
LAC: Morris, Beverley, Mann? Yes
LAL: KCP, Kuzma, a couple picks? Yes
POR: CJ McCollum and Simmons? Yes
SAS: Derrick White plus? Yes
MIN: D’Angelo Russell and Malik Beasley? Yes, but PHI needs to send more back (“we can certainly do that”)

He picks his top three:

CHA ends up Rozier, PJ and #11
NYK Quickley and 1st (but Lowry wants years and dollars)
POR McCollum and Simmons, 2022 pick swap, top 4 protected.

Winner is: McCollum, Simmons, 2022 pick swap

What I find interesting is that none of these guys have any vested interest in some other team. Normally, PHI fans claim how valuable Simmons is, and say anyone who disagrees must be a homer for their favorite team, and for some reason, they think that people lie on an internet message board for some reason. Clearly, this pod shows that when four impartial experts talk about Simmons, it is not at the value they have convinced each other is true.
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,948

Post#683 » by Nick K » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:11 am

SO_MONEY wrote:
Nick K wrote:
King Malta wrote:Yeah look, I'm not a huge believer in Okogie specifically, but I'd sooner bank on him improving in the required areas rather than Culver.

Nope. Culver has much more upside than Josh. Culver has had very little chance so far considering injuries and various other things. He deserves more time to prove himself. Josh is who he always will be. Balmaro will make Okogie obsolete. We must move Okogie, Layman and Hernangomez.

It is not either or. Neither has much upside. They can both play D, different styles, Culver probably has the edge there, but Josh is better offensively and he is still nearly unplayable.

No offense? Did you see Culver at Texas Tech? He's got athleticism and game. Be patient.
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#684 » by Nick K » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:40 am

I hope Philly keeps Simmons and chokes on him.

OK, sorry for the rant.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,598

Post#685 » by jpatrick » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:12 am

Nick K wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:
Nick K wrote:
Nope. Culver has much more upside than Josh. Culver has had very little chance so far considering injuries and various other things. He deserves more time to prove himself. Josh is who he always will be. Balmaro will make Okogie obsolete. We must move Okogie, Layman and Hernangomez.

It is not either or. Neither has much upside. They can both play D, different styles, Culver probably has the edge there, but Josh is better offensively and he is still nearly unplayable.

No offense? Did you see Culver at Texas Tech? He's got athleticism and game. Be patient.

I hated the pick when it happened. I’ve been wrong so many times. Derrick Williams comes to mind. Culver didn’t have elite quickness, athleticism, ball handling, wiggle, or length/reach; and he had a mediocre to poor jumper with form that didn’t make you feel confident in improvement (like Edwards). Just not what you want out of pick 6.

He has a ton of intangibles. Good BBIQ. Tries hard. If he could ever get the shot to fall, he’d be a solid role player. But it’s clear he has a psychological block. He needs a change of teams in the worst way.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#686 » by SO_MONEY » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:53 pm

jpatrick wrote:
Nick K wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:

I hated the pick when it happened. I’ve been wrong so many times. Derrick Williams comes to mind. Culver didn’t have elite quickness, athleticism, ball handling, wiggle, or length/reach; and he had a mediocre to poor jumper with form that didn’t make you feel confident in improvement (like Edwards). Just not what you want out of pick 6.

He has a ton of intangibles. Good BBIQ. Tries hard. If he could ever get the shot to fall, he’d be a solid role player. But it’s clear he has a psychological block. He needs a change of teams in the worst way.

I think it is time to move on from Culver, but this is wrong or disingenuous. Culver has plenty of athletic ability, solid ball-handling, good length, good explosion and quickness...see athletic ability. Maybe not the best wiggle, definitely issues with his jumper and has basically changed his form for years on end. If a team will take him, super, if it takes a 2nd, super.
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#687 » by IceManBK1 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:18 pm

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2946317-sources-bradley-beal-considering-trade-request-before-nba-draft

Read on Twitter
?s=20

could be our ticket to getting Simmons.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,526

Post#688 » by Note30 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:21 pm

If we want a stat power forward so bad, why not try to trade for Spicy P.

Siakam is literally everything we need at the PF position. Can guard multiple positions, can shoot well, great slasher. And I can't imagine Toronto is dying to hang on to him as they are in rebuild mode.

Instead we're going after a guy who we hope in this offense can slash to the hoop and facilitate. One of those things is that Towns does.

So dumb.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,852

Post#689 » by Klomp » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:06 pm

Note30 wrote:If we want a stat power forward so bad, why not try to trade for Spicy P.

Siakam is literally everything we need at the PF position. Can guard multiple positions, can shoot well, great slasher. And I can't imagine Toronto is dying to hang on to him as they are in rebuild mode.

Instead we're going after a guy who we hope in this offense can slash to the hoop and facilitate. One of those things is that Towns does.

So dumb.

One of those things is that Towns does.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,598

Post#690 » by jpatrick » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:46 pm

Note30 wrote:If we want a stat power forward so bad, why not try to trade for Spicy P.

So dumb.

I did t watch a lot of raptors last year but fans/media seems down on Siakim. Maybe it’s the contract. OG seems much more valuable at the moment. I think Siakim would be a good fit except money-wise.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,186

Post#691 » by Neeva » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:05 pm

I think Siakam will regress and become washed a lot faster than Raptors hoped.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Post#692 » by SO_MONEY » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:34 pm

Neeva wrote:I think Siakam will regress and become washed a lot faster than Raptors hoped.

Kind of seems like it.
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#693 » by IceManBK1 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:24 pm

Dlo/George Hill(trade Culver or Hernangomez for him)
Edwards/Okogie
McDaniels/McDermott(Beasley+Rubio trade)
Myles Turner(Beasley+Rubio trade)/Vanderbilt
Towns/Reid

I would be satisfied with that 10 man rotation.
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#694 » by IceManBK1 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:30 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/263429/Raptors-Make-Pascal-Siakam-Available-In-Trade-Talks

How about Siakam, Baynes, and Rodney Hood for Beasley, Rubio, Reid and Culver?

Dlo/J-mac
Edwards/Okogie
McDaniels/Hood
Siakam/Hernangomez
Towns/Baynes
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#695 » by IceManBK1 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:46 pm

We're rumored to be interested in Lauri Markkannen..maybe Lauri+Thad Young+Coby White for Beasley, rubio and Hernangomez?
Dlo/White
Edwards/Okogie
McDaniels/Young
Lauri/Vanderbilt
Towns/Reid
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#696 » by Nick K » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:05 pm

jpatrick wrote:
Nick K wrote:
King Malta wrote:Yeah look, I'm not a huge believer in Okogie specifically, but I'd sooner bank on him improving in the required areas rather than Culver.

Bolmaro is much more like Culver from a body/game standpoint. I doubt Bolmaro gets regular minutes next year if we’re any good, at least early. He has a ways to go.

Bolmaro is a tenacious defender maybe more so than Okogie. He's a pit bull on D. He a far better offensive player than Josh too.

Josh has value to another team we just don't have room for him. We need a PF type in his place.
Nick K
Lead Assistant

Post#697 » by Nick K » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:18 pm

jpatrick wrote:
Nick K wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:

:lol: I loved Derrick Williams! I usually have a very good draft record. They rarely take who I like except for Lavine, Kat and Ant. I loved Kevin Love and they didn't draft him. :banghead: At least we got him back.

I wanted a PG in that draft so bad but it didn't fall that way. I was just ok with Culver. Disappointed really.

Fans want to give up on guys too fast. The kid has talent and works too hard to be horrible. Culver deserves more time until I banish him forever. :)

Unless we blow up our team we have a deep 2nd unit. Culver could fit in beautifully there.
Wolves21
Sixth Man
And1: 400

Post#698 » by Wolves21 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:32 am

So far we have been linked to Simmons,Collins,Turner,Gallo,Markkannen and fans other some other sites have suggest maybe would should go after Kuzma or Siakam.Honestly would go the route of going after Kuzma or Siakam over the others that have been rumored.Kuzma would fit the styles of play and I think a pairing with McDaniels at the 3/4 would be dynamic,plus is the cheapest in terms of cost in terms of actually money we would have to pay and more then likely assests to give up in a trade.

Siakam would fit even better and is a champion and better defensive player then Kuzma.But cost more but still think he could be had with some package around Rubio/Beasely/1st Round pick.Really depends on what direction the Raptors are going in.
Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Post#699 » by Norseman79 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:14 am

If Towns actually lost as much weight as it looks like he's lost, and is in that good of shape, I am guessing Turner and possibly even Mitchell Robinson are more likely targets as they play the five. A lighter Kat could be a great fit at the four, people are going to want to talk about losing the mismatch of other five's guarding him, but it's also going to create mismatches with smaller fours that can't guard him. A lot of the people that have been rumored or mentioned I would be fine with again with varying costs and varying expectations, but I actually think the idea of cat dropping some weight and toning up to play the four if we can add a guy like Turner next to him makes our team the best.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#700 » by Dewey » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:03 pm

Norseman79 wrote:If Towns actually lost as much weight as it looks like he's lost, and is in that good of shape, I am guessing Turner and possibly even Mitchell Robinson are more likely targets as they play the five. A lighter Kat could be a great fit at the four, people are going to want to talk about losing the mismatch of other five's guarding him, but it's also going to create mismatches with smaller fours that can't guard him. A lot of the people that have been rumored or mentioned I would be fine with again with varying costs and varying expectations, but I actually think the idea of cat dropping some weight and toning up to play the four if we can add a guy like Turner next to him makes our team the best.

Losing weight does not make his slow slough feet any faster … that’s why he can’t defend in space
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves