ImageImageImage

The Official Jaden McDaniels Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,821

Re: Jaden McDaniels thread 

Post#201 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:23 am

Klomp wrote:Relayed by Britt Robson on the Dane Moore podcast, when Jaden was fully or partially guarding someone last night, they were 3-18 FG (1-8 3FG).

Impressive. So why didn't we have him on Shai more?
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 691

Post#202 » by karch34 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:19 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Klomp wrote:Relayed by Britt Robson on the Dane Moore podcast, when Jaden was fully or partially guarding someone last night, they were 3-18 FG (1-8 3FG).

Good point. Answer for the sake of an answer rather than any belief would be SGA is going to get his regardless, so Jaden slows him down a bit, but the other D assignments cause Giddey, Dort, and/or Williams to go off. Seems counterintuitive to me but only idea I can offer.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,397

Post#203 » by winforlose » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:24 am

karch34 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

Good point. Answer for the sake of an answer rather than any belief would be SGA is going to get his regardless, so Jaden slows him down a bit, but the other D assignments cause Giddey, Dort, and/or Williams to go off. Seems counterintuitive to me but only idea I can offer.

Or… Giddy isn’t a great assignment for KAT, Rudy is busy in the paint, and Ant isn’t the ideal defender for Giddy. The sad truth is we cannot clone MCD, (YET!!!!!!!) Which of course means we have to compromise somewhere. Now, SGA isn’t know for being an excellent 3 point shooter, and Rudy is known as the ultimate paint protector, so compromising on SGA seems reasonable. Until he goes beast mode and forces you to assign MCD.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#204 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:33 am

winforlose wrote:
karch34 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Impressive. So why didn't we have him on Shai more?

Or… Giddy isn’t a great assignment for KAT, Rudy is busy in the paint, and Ant isn’t the ideal defender for Giddy. The sad truth is we cannot clone MCD, (YET!!!!!!!) Which of course means we have to compromise somewhere. Now, SGA isn’t know for being an excellent 3 point shooter, and Rudy is known as the ultimate paint protector, so compromising on SGA seems reasonable. Until he goes beast mode and forces you to assign MCD.

Check the box score if there's any question that he went beast mode on us.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#205 » by winforlose » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:42 am

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:
karch34 wrote:Good point. Answer for the sake of an answer rather than any belief would be SGA is going to get his regardless, so Jaden slows him down a bit, but the other D assignments cause Giddey, Dort, and/or Williams to go off. Seems counterintuitive to me but only idea I can offer.

Q1: 2 of 8, 0/1 from 3, 5 points -9.
Q2: 2 of 3, 1/1 from 3, 7 points -2.
Q3: 5 of 7, 0/1 from 3, 12 points +13.
Q4: 3 of 5, 1/2 from 3, 8 points -3.

As I said, “until he goes beast mode.” The first quarter was bad for him. I will give him 5 points on 8 shots all day long. The second quarter was good, but hardly beast mode. 7 points on 3 shots for their best player is encouraging. That whole half he was 4/11 for 12 points and a -11. That is not beast mode. The second half is a different story, and that is when MCD switched onto him.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#206 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:31 pm

winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:

As I said, “until he goes beast mode.” The first quarter was bad for him. I will give him 5 points on 8 shots all day long. The second quarter was good, but hardly beast mode. 7 points on 3 shots for their best player is encouraging. That whole half he was 4/11 for 12 points and a -11. That is not beast mode. The second half is a different story, and that is when MCD switched onto him.

If SGA does 4 quarters like the second that means he scores 28 points on 12 shots including whatever he gets from the line. That's beastly enough that I don't want to see him do it. In the 3rd quarter he went off. 4 of those would be him scoring 48 points and the Thunder beating us by 52 points. I don't pay a lot of attention to who's guarding who and when. If McD was on him in the second half he couldn't have done very well.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#207 » by winforlose » Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:05 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Check the box score if there's any question that he went beast mode on us.

If SGA does 4 quarters like the second that means he scores 28 points on 12 shots including whatever he gets from the line. That's beastly enough that I don't want to see him do it. In the 3rd quarter he went off. 4 of those would be him scoring 48 points and the Thunder beating us by 52 points. I don't pay a lot of attention to who's guarding who and when. If McD was on him in the second half he couldn't have done very well.

That isn’t how it works. You don’t assume a decent 2nd quarter is going to translate to the 3rd and 4th after a bad first. Also remember he is their best player. I am not disputing that he went off, but I still probably wouldn’t stick MCD on him all game on Sunday. SGA is a career 34.8% 3 point shooter. Make him prove he can beat you from distance, let Rudy contain him in the paint, and double when necessary. Taking away Giddy (though he still scored 14,) is more important.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,222

Post#208 » by BlacJacMac » Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:07 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Check the box score if there's any question that he went beast mode on us.

That's not how any of this works...
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#209 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:20 pm

BlacJacMac wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
winforlose wrote:

I know it doesn't work that way. You can't simply say a player will repeat any one quarter for all 4 quarters. I'm just pointing out how beastly those last 3 quarters would be if he did repeat them for a whole game.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man

Post#210 » by BlacJacMac » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:40 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:If SGA does 4 quarters like the second that means he scores 28 points on 12 shots including whatever he gets from the line. That's beastly enough that I don't want to see him do it. In the 3rd quarter he went off. 4 of those would be him scoring 48 points and the Thunder beating us by 52 points. I don't pay a lot of attention to who's guarding who and when. If McD was on him in the second half he couldn't have done very well.

I know it doesn't work that way. You can't simply say a player will repeat any one quarter for all 4 quarters. I'm just pointing out how beastly those last 3 quarters would be if he did repeat them for a whole game.

Why stop there? If he does that every quarter, he'll average almost 50 PPG for the season...
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#211 » by KGdaBom » Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:47 am

BlacJacMac wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:

Why stop there? If he does that every quarter, he'll average almost 50 PPG for the season...

Are you trying to be a jerk and make an argument where there shouldn't be one? If so you are succeeding.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man

Post#212 » by BlacJacMac » Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:18 am

KGdaBom wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:I know it doesn't work that way. You can't simply say a player will repeat any one quarter for all 4 quarters. I'm just pointing out how beastly those last 3 quarters would be if he did repeat them for a whole game.

Are you trying to be a jerk and make an argument where there shouldn't be one? If so you are succeeding.

I apologize for blowing down your straw man.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#213 » by KGdaBom » Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:20 am

BlacJacMac wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:

It was a thought I had jerk. That was the worst apology I ever heard. You choose to fight me every chance you get. You are a complete jerk.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man

Post#214 » by BlacJacMac » Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:27 am

KGdaBom wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Are you trying to be a jerk and make an argument where there shouldn't be one? If so you are succeeding.

It was a thought I had jerk. That was the worst apology I ever heard. You choose to fight me every chance you get. You are a complete jerk.

You fight everybody here...
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#215 » by KGdaBom » Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:33 am

BlacJacMac wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:

I'm never anything but nice to you. You stalk me trying to make an argument out of every little comment I make. I'm sick of it.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man

Post#216 » by BlacJacMac » Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:39 am

KGdaBom wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:It was a thought I had jerk. That was the worst apology I ever heard. You choose to fight me every chance you get. You are a complete jerk.

I'm never anything but nice to you. You stalk me trying to make an argument out of every little comment I make. I'm sick of it.

Is this because I won't root for men who beat their wives in front of their kids?
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#217 » by KGdaBom » Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:40 am

BlacJacMac wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:

Is this because I won't root for men who beat their wives in front of their kids?

NO. Has NOTHING to do with that. You also really twist that. I'm not rooting for men who beat their wives in front of their kids. That's just more of the jerk in you lying. The person in question has not been found guilty of anything. If he's found guilty I want him to be appropriately punished by our legal system. I'm not interested in participating in his punishment.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#218 » by winforlose » Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:47 am

I badly need the advanced defensive stats for MCD in game 2. In game one he held his men to 3/18 and 1/8 from distance. If someone could provide the link they use to find it that would also be great.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,961

Post#219 » by Domejandro » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:59 am

Spoiler:
KGdaBom wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:I'm never anything but nice to you. You stalk me trying to make an argument out of every little comment I make. I'm sick of it.

NO. Has NOTHING to do with that. You also really twist that. I'm not rooting for men who beat their wives in front of their kids. That's just more of the jerk in you lying. The person in question has not been found guilty of anything. If he's found guilty I want him to be appropriately punished by our legal system. I'm not interested in participating in his punishment.

Both of you can take it to DMs, end the conversation, or block each other. Stop polluting the thread.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#220 » by KGdaBom » Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:28 am

Domejandro wrote:
Spoiler:
KGdaBom wrote:
BlacJacMac wrote:

Both of you can take it to DMs, end the conversation, or block each other. Stop polluting the thread.

BlackJacMac I've foed you. Please do the same for me.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves