ImageImageImage

Trade Talk (Part Nine) (READ FIRST POST)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

D1SGRUNTL3D
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,080

Re: Trade Talk (Part Nine) (READ FIRST POST) 

Post#1981 » by D1SGRUNTL3D » Wed Feb 9, 2022 6:30 pm

winforlose wrote:
D1SGRUNTL3D wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Criteria

1. Must be able to shoot at least 30% from 3 preferably closer to 33%. This forces a big to defend at the perimeter and opens up the lane for Ant and Dlo. Also you need at least this level of shooting to play alongside V8.

2. Must average a minimum of 8 rebounds per game.

3. Must be able to create your own shot.

My pick is Julius Randle. He doesn’t need to be that good here to be a great fit. He is relatively cheap given his current averages. He would thrive as the third or fourth best player whose primary responsibilities are rim protection and defensive rebounding. He will still get his touches and maybe his scoring falls to 10-12 ppg. I see him as the Wiggins to our GSW. We don’t need him to be a star, just a solid role player.

Oh yea. JR would love being told he’s going to have a limited role , get less shots and touches on the wolves. That’ll be the first time any nba player would accept that and be happy with it.

Seriously someone above said it best…every player on this team has a role. There isn’t any scuddle in the locker room whining about something. Finch has worked with players who have approached them and rewarded with playing time if they do What finch wants them to do.

Entertaining the thought of blowing that up for Julius randle is insane

Wiggins is a good example of a player accepting less pressure. JR would have a role here as well. You assume JR would hate it here, but you fail to the ask questions “how much is winning worth.” Can a player be happy with good numbers, good money, fan support, team support and love, coach support, and winning. Maybe Randle wants to be the best player on a bad team. Getting booed by fans, picked apart by pundits, and being put in positions to fail. Pick a team any team that would trade for Randle. On that team Randle will be a 2nd option at best, probably a 3rd.

I answered it. I’d give them beas and Jmac+ pick, like you said. The pick will be in the 20s or late teens. Giving up an “all star”, I use that in quotations because that’s how Knick fans will perceive his worth is, and getting back 2 bench pieces and a bad pick isn’t something you can build on in the future, wherever that is for NY.

And that’s where I said the GM would hang up. He’d be ran out of town by the NY fans and media.
BlacJacMac
Sixth Man
And1: 1,223

Post#1982 » by BlacJacMac » Wed Feb 9, 2022 6:56 pm

life_saver wrote:Randle isn't good..he has low BBall IQ..he is an inefficient scorer, not a good 3 pt shooter and not a good defender either. On top of it, he is vastly overpaid and has 3 more years remaining on contract. There is no way Wolves are trading for him. Even Knicks fans know how much of a bad contract Randle is atm

Likely 4 more years. I doubt anyone will be willing to give him anything close to his 32.4M player option in 2025.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,962

Post#1983 » by Domejandro » Wed Feb 9, 2022 9:31 pm

I am not a fan of acquiring Julius Randle. Ideally, I would trade Prince, Layman, Bolmaro, and a First for Myles Turner, but Julius Randle is a clunky fit.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,962

Post#1984 » by Domejandro » Wed Feb 9, 2022 9:38 pm

Locked thread, continue discussion below.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2165949

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves