ImageImageImage

Around the League 2021-2022

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Nick K
Veteran
Posts: 2,979
And1: 887
Joined: Nov 23, 2016
       

Re: Around the League 2021-2022 

Post#201 » by Nick K » Mon Nov 8, 2021 1:33 am

theGreatRC wrote:
Calinks wrote:
Read on Twitter
/photo/1


That's my KAT


Is that Kat far right on top at 2:30 on the clock dial?
User avatar
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 14,804
And1: 20,028
Joined: Jul 29, 2014
Location: San Diego, California

Re: Around the League 2021-2022 

Post#202 » by Domejandro » Mon Nov 8, 2021 1:34 am

Neeva wrote:How did Cleveland get better than the wolves already? I guess they didn’t spend a great asset to acquire an overpaid overated oft injured “allstar” like Dlo to keep their star player happy (Kat) and they made good draft picks in the Lottery and then acquired solid veterans like Rubio for relatively cheap.

Why do you keep peddling the “we acquired D’Angelo Russell to satiate Karl-Anthony Towns” garbage? That literally isn’t what happened at all, Rosas is just a bad talent evaluator.
User avatar
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 14,804
And1: 20,028
Joined: Jul 29, 2014
Location: San Diego, California

Re: Around the League 2021-2022 

Post#203 » by Domejandro » Mon Nov 8, 2021 1:36 am

jpatrick wrote:
Calinks wrote:Cleveland and Washington are huge shockers early on. That said we are only 10 percent through the season, lots of teams start off hot or cold and change. But yea they look really good right now. For one thing I love their size. Seems like being big is good again the NBA and we goofed being a small team.

I also think veteran presence/older team is massive. We got more vets but we are still one of the youngest teams in the NBA. Disater is around the corner when you are relying on 20-21 year olds to be consistent. I wish we had more size and like two more older 26-31 vets playing in our rotation.


Mobley allows them to play two bigs. On defense he can essentially guard 1-5, allowing Allen to stay close to the rim. Mobley also cleans up a lot of the mistakes of the smaller guards, who are not good defenders.

On offense it works because Mobley plays like a guard. He’s a very very good ball handler and passer. He always makes the right pass and quick. He’s the anti-KAT in that regard. He can also shoot to about 18-20 feet. His three is not there yet but it will be. His form is just too good.

Long story short, two bigs works when one is Mobley. Could it work with Towns and someone like Myles Turner? Maybe. Maybe not. It would definitely be clunkier.

Myles Turner is a substantially worse defensive player than his reputation would suggest, for what it is worth. I do think Minnesota could get away with him playing next to Towns, but Evan Mobley is much more mobile, defensively.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 44,451
And1: 11,047
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: Around the League 2021-2022 

Post#204 » by Calinks » Mon Nov 8, 2021 2:11 am

Nick K wrote:
theGreatRC wrote:
Calinks wrote:
Read on Twitter
/photo/1


That's my KAT


Is that Kat far right on top at 2:30 on the clock dial?

Yea he was in the MVP talks in the first 3 games. His stats and efficiency are really good, some of that has dropped since the losing streak though and of course, the MVP talk is out the window with our mediocre record.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Neeva
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,701
And1: 1,519
Joined: Jun 03, 2016

Re: Around the League 2021-2022 

Post#205 » by Neeva » Mon Nov 8, 2021 2:23 am

Domejandro wrote:
Neeva wrote:How did Cleveland get better than the wolves already? I guess they didn’t spend a great asset to acquire an overpaid overated oft injured “allstar” like Dlo to keep their star player happy (Kat) and they made good draft picks in the Lottery and then acquired solid veterans like Rubio for relatively cheap.

Why do you keep peddling the “we acquired D’Angelo Russell to satiate Karl-Anthony Towns” garbage? That literally isn’t what happened at all, Rosas is just a bad talent evaluator.


So he would have had interest in Dlo if we didn't have KAT?
User avatar
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 14,804
And1: 20,028
Joined: Jul 29, 2014
Location: San Diego, California

Re: Around the League 2021-2022 

Post#206 » by Domejandro » Mon Nov 8, 2021 2:51 am

Neeva wrote:
Domejandro wrote:
Neeva wrote:How did Cleveland get better than the wolves already? I guess they didn’t spend a great asset to acquire an overpaid overated oft injured “allstar” like Dlo to keep their star player happy (Kat) and they made good draft picks in the Lottery and then acquired solid veterans like Rubio for relatively cheap.

Why do you keep peddling the “we acquired D’Angelo Russell to satiate Karl-Anthony Towns” garbage? That literally isn’t what happened at all, Rosas is just a bad talent evaluator.


So he would have had interest in Dlo if we didn't have KAT?

Given that he tried to conduct a massive sign-and-trade, failed, and then overpaid to obtain him, probably. Minnesota was a team that needed a Point-Guard, Rosas had a woody for creating the next version of the Houston Rockets, and D’Angelo Russell was the only available player that fit that mold.

Keep in mind, I am the guy who said that Ricky Rubio should start and Russell should come off the bench, so this is not a defense of Russell in the slightest. I’ve been very clear about him being a mistake.
User avatar
Dalvin
Pro Prospect
Posts: 849
And1: 514
Joined: Jun 27, 2009
 

Re: Around the League 2021-2022 

Post#207 » by Dalvin » Mon Nov 8, 2021 3:46 am

Domejandro wrote:
Neeva wrote:
Domejandro wrote:Why do you keep peddling the “we acquired D’Angelo Russell to satiate Karl-Anthony Towns” garbage? That literally isn’t what happened at all, Rosas is just a bad talent evaluator.


So he would have had interest in Dlo if we didn't have KAT?

Given that he tried to conduct a massive sign-and-trade, failed, and then overpaid to obtain him, probably. Minnesota was a team that needed a Point-Guard, Rosas had a woody for creating the next version of the Houston Rockets, and D’Angelo Russell was the only available player that fit that mold.

Keep in mind, I am the guy who said that Ricky Rubio should start and Russell should come off the bench, so this is not a defense of Russell in the slightest. I’ve been very clear about him being a mistake.

He was, is, and will be a mistake :noway:
shrink wrote:Good point, and welcome to the boards.
User avatar
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
Posts: 24,261
And1: 3,160
Joined: Jul 29, 2008
Location: Frankfurt
 

Re: Around the League 2021-2022 

Post#208 » by Foye » Mon Nov 8, 2021 9:40 am

Cavs with a 4 game win streak and Rubio with more points, assists and 3s than Prince in a single game. :roll:
Neeva
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,701
And1: 1,519
Joined: Jun 03, 2016

Re: Around the League 2021-2022 

Post#209 » by Neeva » Mon Nov 8, 2021 9:51 am

Foye wrote:Cavs with a 4 game win streak and Rubio with more points, assists and 3s than Prince in a single game. :roll:


Maybe wolves will draft the next Jokic with that second round pick they got in that trade lol
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 44,451
And1: 11,047
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: Around the League 2021-2022 

Post#210 » by Calinks » Mon Nov 8, 2021 4:44 pm

Don't fret, if he was still in a wolves uniform none of this would have happened. He'd be like 3-30 on threes, struggling with a career-high turnover rate, and nursing some odd back injury that won't go away for 50 games.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
User avatar
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
Posts: 24,261
And1: 3,160
Joined: Jul 29, 2008
Location: Frankfurt
 

Re: Around the League 2021-2022 

Post#211 » by Foye » Mon Nov 8, 2021 6:28 pm

Calinks wrote:Don't fret, if he was still in a wolves uniform none of this would have happened. He'd be like 3-30 on threes, struggling with a career-high turnover rate, and nursing some odd back injury that won't go away for 50 games.


And still be a better playmaker than any PG currently on the roster.
fattymcgee
Junior
Posts: 299
And1: 116
Joined: Apr 03, 2008

Re: Around the League 2021-2022 

Post#212 » by fattymcgee » Mon Nov 8, 2021 8:13 pm

Foye wrote:
Calinks wrote:Don't fret, if he was still in a wolves uniform none of this would have happened. He'd be like 3-30 on threes, struggling with a career-high turnover rate, and nursing some odd back injury that won't go away for 50 games.


And still be a better playmaker than any PG currently on the roster.


Both these quotes are 100% true.
Note30
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,257
And1: 1,093
Joined: Feb 25, 2014
 

Re: Around the League 2021-2022 

Post#213 » by Note30 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:34 am

Mobley looks so fluid. He's the real deal.

If we had drafted Mobley, kept Wiggins, still kept Edwards and Rubio we'd probably be a better team rn.

Rubio/Bev
Edwards / Beasley
Wiggins / McDaniels
Mobley/Vando
Towns / Reid

We'd be halfway decent.
BlacJacMac
Sophomore
Posts: 120
And1: 76
Joined: Aug 25, 2020
       

Re: Around the League 2021-2022 

Post#214 » by BlacJacMac » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:31 am

How is everyone drafting Mobley?

Are people assuming we would’ve moved up into the Top 3 if we hadn’t made the trade?
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 44,451
And1: 11,047
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: Around the League 2021-2022 

Post#215 » by Calinks » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:31 am

When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Neeva
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,701
And1: 1,519
Joined: Jun 03, 2016

Re: Around the League 2021-2022 

Post#216 » by Neeva » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:26 am

Ugh wolves needed to tank for Mobley and keep Rubio. Last season sucked and the wolves gained nothing from it, and no there was no winning mentality set by not tanking. Rosas was so stupid.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 44,451
And1: 11,047
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: Around the League 2021-2022 

Post#217 » by Calinks » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:08 am

Crazy that the Pelicans just got their third win. That was such a bad loss.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
life_saver
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,642
And1: 3,551
Joined: Nov 08, 2017

Re: Around the League 2021-2022 

Post#218 » by life_saver » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:37 am

Calinks wrote:Crazy that the Pelicans just got their third win. That was such a bad loss.

Ingram played against Wolves but after that he missed lot of matches due to injury...Pels with Ingram are still not a good team but not a terrible team either
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Posts: 44,451
And1: 11,047
Joined: Mar 29, 2006
   

Re: Around the League 2021-2022 

Post#219 » by Calinks » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:48 am

Just insane that the Suns have won 11 straight. Could you ever fathom a wolves team doing that?
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
life_saver
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,642
And1: 3,551
Joined: Nov 08, 2017

Re: Around the League 2021-2022 

Post#220 » by life_saver » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:51 am

I know it's gonna be hard but I want Wolves to take a shot at Siakam..his value is currently low when compared to couple of years back.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves