Around the League 2021-2022

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,021

Re: Around the League 2021-2022 

Post#61 » by SO_MONEY » Tue Oct 5, 2021 10:53 pm

Mattya wrote:
2. Yes others decision to get vaccinated or not does impact everyone else. If other people aren’t able to get emergency room services because a bunch of unvaccinated people are using up the services that impacts everyone else. We have already seen preventable deaths because of this.

I get people are concerned, I get there is a risk albeit one that is effectively ZERO, but it strictly falls under inherent risk and we don't under normal circumstances worry about these things, people are just so worked up. And frankly they are embracing some very scary ideologies to justify easing their personal mental discomfort, all strained due to the overall climate.

I will say this again, as someone who can't get the vaccination I do not feel people owe me anything and they are not personally responsible for anything that may happen to me.

I do not need people acting as both my protector and oppressor. We need to coexist. Thanks in advance.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,186

Post#62 » by Neeva » Tue Oct 5, 2021 11:52 pm

Calinks wrote:Looks like suns are hesitating right now with paying Ayton. Any chance they don't pay him the max or is this just posturing?

Just reinforcing that they **** up when they passed on Doncic.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#63 » by Mattya » Wed Oct 6, 2021 12:09 am

SO_MONEY wrote:
Mattya wrote:
2. Yes others decision to get vaccinated or not does impact everyone else. If other people aren’t able to get emergency room services because a bunch of unvaccinated people are using up the services that impacts everyone else. We have already seen preventable deaths because of this.

I get people are concerned, I get there is a risk albeit one that is effectively ZERO, but it strictly falls under inherent risk and we don't under normal circumstances worry about these things, people are just so worked up. And frankly they are embracing some very scary ideologies to justify easing their personal mental discomfort, all strained due to the overall climate.

I will say this again, as someone who can't get the vaccination I do not feel people owe me anything and they are not personally responsible for anything that may happen to me.

I do not need people acting as both my protector and oppressor. We need to coexist. Thanks in advance.

Your oppressor? :lol: this country has had one of the most hands off mitigation efforts in the world, and these people still want to be victims. And people wonder why other countries laugh at us while they open back up with 90%+ eligible vaccination rates and fractions of the deaths. There is literally nothing comparable to this in normal life that poses as great of a risk as a contagious disease that has killed hundreds of thousands of people in this country alone, with many more with bad symptoms.

And yes the bolded is absurd. We have plenty of laws that hold people responsible for their actions when the impact the lives of others.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,292

Post#64 » by Calinks » Wed Oct 6, 2021 12:33 am

Only the first quarter and pre-season but Rubio is picking up stats fast. Looks like the curse of the wolves jersey is off him once again lol.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 390

Post#65 » by Rookie-Mistake » Wed Oct 6, 2021 12:53 am

The real curse is Glenn Taylor and the target centre. Once both of gone and kgs jersey is in the rafters. The curse is removed.

Calinks wrote:Only the first quarter and pre-season but Rubio is picking up stats fast. Looks like the curse of the wolves jersey is off him once again lol.

Sent from my SM-G991B using RealGM mobile app
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant

Post#66 » by SO_MONEY » Wed Oct 6, 2021 12:57 am

Mattya wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:
Mattya wrote:

Your oppressor? :lol: this country has had one of the most hands off mitigation efforts in the world, and these people still want to be victims. And people wonder why other countries laugh at us while they open back up with 90%+ eligible vaccination rates and fractions of the deaths. There is literally nothing comparable to this in normal life that poses as great of a risk as a contagious disease that has killed hundreds of thousands of people in this country alone, with many more with bad symptoms.

And yes the bolded is absurd. We have plenty of laws that hold people responsible for their actions when the impact the lives of others.

It is an inherent risk, it is what you have to accept to live life. I have, you haven't and I am the one at greater risk... Me simply living my life doesn't affect you and if there is a risk it is you who needs to factor that in. I am not a second class citizen. I am not a threat to you. Wishing to limit my life, my rights, my freedom is what is absurd. And scarier I don't think you get how offensive that is when I have no choice in the matter. So no, I don't need you to be both my protector and oppressor. I just want to be left alone and not have the government and people with agendas "inject" themselves in my life. This shouldn't be a fight.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#67 » by Mattya » Wed Oct 6, 2021 1:23 am

SO_MONEY wrote:
Mattya wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:

It is an inherent risk, it is what you have to accept to live life. I have, you haven't and I am the one at greater risk... Me simply living my life doesn't affect you and if there is a risk it is you who needs to factor that in. I am not a second class citizen. I am not a threat to you. Wishing to limit my life, my rights, my freedom is what is absurd. And scarier I don't think you get how offensive that is when I have no choice in the matter.

No you don’t have to accept all risk when it is caused by others. You can’t do whatever you want when it impacts others. You living your life if you are willfully unvaccinated does impact others lives as displayed by how packed hospitals especially in the south which caused people to not be able to receive emergency care. Sadly people died because of people who thought the same way.

Bolded is just a full on displayed how little you care about others. You have less than zero clue about my health issues. You don’t know the struggle it has been to see my doctors and receive treatment for my health issues these past two years. So you can go cry in corner with your “I’m offended” pity party. Like the balls to make that claim your health issues are more serious than mine is just pathetic.

Nobody is suggesting people who can’t get vaccinated because of health reasons to get vaccinated, and it is absurd to claim so.

Just another of the freedumbs
fattymcgee
Senior
And1: 274

Post#68 » by fattymcgee » Wed Oct 6, 2021 1:27 am

SO_MONEY wrote:
Mattya wrote:

I guarantee the risk is not "effectively ZERO". I have a friend whose appendix burst and it took them 5 hours to find her a hospital bed. ALL the beds in the TC metro were FULL. The hospital called around to find a bed and finally found one an hour away in Stillwater. And that was two months ago before it got real bad. The ICU's were full of COVID patients with almost all of them being unvaccinated.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#69 » by Mattya » Wed Oct 6, 2021 1:32 am

fattymcgee wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:
Mattya wrote:

I guarantee the risk is not "effectively ZERO". I have a friend whose appendix burst and it took them 5 hours to find her a hospital bed. ALL the beds in the TC metro were FULL. The hospital called around to find a bed and finally found one an hour away in Stillwater. And that was two months ago before it got real bad. The ICU's were full of COVID patients with almost all of them being unvaccinated.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-us-hospital-icu-bed-shortage-veteran-dies-treatable-illness/

But this poster is feeling oppressed.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,598

Post#70 » by jpatrick » Wed Oct 6, 2021 1:49 am

It’s only one preseason game, but poor Rubio. The Cavs look dreadful. A team that just doesn’t fit together. On the flip side, Bulls and Lavine. Maybe all these new pieces will work.
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,764

Post#71 » by Slim Tubby » Wed Oct 6, 2021 3:36 am

jpatrick wrote:It’s only one preseason game, but poor Rubio. The Cavs look dreadful. A team that just doesn’t fit together. On the flip side, Bulls and Lavine. Maybe all these new pieces will work.

Just think if we traded Wiggins instead of LaVine. How different would we be in 2021?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant

Post#72 » by SO_MONEY » Wed Oct 6, 2021 3:36 am

fattymcgee wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:
Mattya wrote:

The risk is literally effectively zero.
SO_MONEY
Lead Assistant

Post#73 » by SO_MONEY » Wed Oct 6, 2021 3:43 am

Mattya wrote:
fattymcgee wrote:
SO_MONEY wrote:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-us-hospital-icu-bed-shortage-veteran-dies-treatable-illness/

But this poster is feeling oppressed.

Through no fault of my own I cannot get a vaccine, damn right I feel oppressed when people treat me like I am a threat and expect me to make sacrifices and give up freedoms others enjoy. Life is not without risk, I have no effect on your life. I am not a second class citizen. Period.

I am not dealing with you further on this. You are not reasonable.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#74 » by Calinks » Wed Oct 6, 2021 3:49 am

Guys the vaccine talk will not end if you keep bringing it up. It's getting off-topic at this point. You can go back and forth for 10 pages on this. Let's get back to basketball.
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#75 » by moonpie » Wed Oct 6, 2021 4:08 am

Read on Twitter
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,802

Post#76 » by KGdaBom » Wed Oct 6, 2021 5:16 am

moonpie wrote:
Read on Twitter

Many people wanted us to trade up in the 2019 draft for him.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 685

Post#77 » by karch34 » Wed Oct 6, 2021 5:53 am

KGdaBom wrote:
moonpie wrote:
Read on Twitter

Many people wanted us to trade up in the 2019 draft for him.

I wouldn’t be opposed to picking him up. Probably need to trade Layman and a 2nd to get the $ to do it. which I kind of want to do anyway, even if it’s just to get a big who’s only value is 6 fouls a game.
Dalvin
Rookie
And1: 868

Post#78 » by Dalvin » Wed Oct 6, 2021 7:54 am

Guys, please stop on the vaccination topic. I know it's a slippery slope of a topic. Let's get back to discussing our team (which incidentally had dodged the issue of vaccination itself).
shrink wrote:Good point, and welcome to the boards.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#79 » by Calinks » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:50 am

Rough start for Culver, hope the kid figures it out this year but I have my doubts. Maybe the new scenery can do him some good.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,856

Post#80 » by Klomp » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:34 pm

Calinks wrote:Rough start for Culver, hope the kid figures it out this year but I have my doubts. Maybe the new scenery can do him some good.

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves